• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

SuperNova
6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I knew that “slightly full” meant that I had to take off my belt, “moderately full” meant change into stretch clothes, and “painfully full” meant that the only position I could get in was horizontal. Those are the full sensations, right? Well, not anymore!

Feeling slightly full shouldn't result in removing your belt. Slightly full is eating hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party, like I'm not hungry but I could definitely go for a grilled cheese. Gwen's skewed stages of fullness scream eating disorder.

The new definition of full is “just satisfied,” but the stomach is not extended, nor even slightly uncomfortable.

How much do you have to eat for your stomach to be extended (I assume she means distended)? Most people don't eat till they're uncomfortable, except maybe at Thanksgiving.

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

you will no longer eat so much that you pass out on the sofa after dinner.

If Gwen is drawing from personal experience, what the hell was she doing before RF? It's hard to tell if she means "passing out" colloquially or literally.

Blue
8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Feeling slightly full shouldn't result in removing your belt. Slightly full is eating hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party, like I'm not hungry but I could definitely go for a grilled cheese. Gwen's skewed stages of fullness scream eating disorder.

How much do you have to eat for your stomach to be extended (I assume she means distended)? Most people don't eat till they're uncomfortable, except maybe at Thanksgiving.

If Gwen is drawing from personal experience, what the hell was she doing before RF? It's hard to tell if she means "passing out" colloquially or literally.

Yes yes yes!! Hahahahaha!

If feeling slightly full means you need to remove your belt, maybe you're just buying pants that are too small for you. 🤷‍♀️

church_of_dog
22 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Maybe I'll give your list a try. My mom hates to cook and loves eating at diners so whenever I visit, that's where we go. She picks diners that give enormous quantities of food that I can't hope to finish. The waitress is always anxious about it and asks me if everything is ok or if I didn't like my food. She just wants to make sure I'm happy but it gets on my nerves. I'm fine. I just can't shovel 3 eggs, 6 sausages, and a pound and a half of potatoes down my throat. And that's the small breakfast platter. It would put the poor waitress over the edge if I asked for a to-go box at the beginning of the meal. You can purchase items a la carte but it ends up costing more than a platter so the platter it is. Mr. Nova is happy to take my leftovers to work. 

Personally I find it easier/less self-conscious to ask for a take-out container from the start, because it makes clear the distinction of "I can't eat much" versus the potential "I didn't like it" interpretation that some worry about if you wait until after.

But even better than taking half home -- some restaurants offer half orders!  It might not be on the menu but if their regular portions are large, then certainly folks have requested half orders before.  Can't hurt to ask.

My local diner offers half orders for their fish or chicken basket, chef's salad, BLT, and other items.

It's also ok to request "only 3 link sausages, please" even if you get charged for the full order.  IMO, that is.

Marmion
6 hours ago, Blue said:

What I think muddles it up though is that it's clear that the teaching doesn't stop there. Don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY understand to a point because I believe strongly that many dedicated and devoted mainstream Christians couldn't define the trinity doctrine that they say they believe it, so it makes sense that some in RF would also been confused about the trinity doctrine that their group believes...

Over the past few years we've been given at least 3 different trinity explanations, including that Jesus is a created being (meaning not with God at the beginning and pre-creation time, but created BY God to do His will on Earth... maybe created at the beginning, but not part of the creation process, does that make sense?)... that Jesus' job on Earth was to teach us that a human can live a perfect life (as opposed to atoning for the sins of the world, that was just something he happened to do)... and that there is a hierarchy (which sounds like what is being described above) but which treads dangerously near polytheism. All theories said to us by people who have been in RF for extended periods of time and who insist firmly and boldly that Gwen claims these things, and providing sermons to prove it... I stand by my original statement that I'm not even 100% sure GWEN understands what it is that she teaches. I get that when you teach, not everyone is going to get it, so maybe these people are just beyond confused, but they provided significant Biblical sources (albeit out of context and often misunderstood) which leads me to believe that the teaching came from somewhere.

That being said - that is the closest I've found to the way that she describes the trinity on her website! It's so nice to find something that finally puts a bow on a theology that's tough to define.

Just when I thought I had her Christology nailed down , you throw a wrench in it , by pointing out that Gwen teaches that Jesus was a created being , in his heavenly pre-existence .   :56247957a2c7b_32(17):This historic heresy , while similar to subordinationism , is more aptly termed Arianism . Plus , I do agree that her belief in the subordination of Jesus to God the Father , as a demi-god , so to speak , makes her seem like less of a monotheist , when compared with say the soft polytheism of Dianic Wiccans , in regards to their belief in the Triple Goddess .   I guess that after all of this frustration over the confusion caused by Shamblin's contrary view of the Trinity , all I can say , metaphorically anyway , is Rufus bless . ( Rufus being the archetypal horned god of the Freejinger forum ) 

SuperNova
7 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

But even better than taking half home -- some restaurants offer half orders!  It might not be on the menu but if their regular portions are large, then certainly folks have requested half orders before.  Can't hurt to ask.

My local diner offers half orders for their fish or chicken basket, chef's salad, BLT, and other items.

It's also ok to request "only 3 link sausages, please" even if you get charged for the full order.  IMO, that is.

One of the diners that we go to does offer half orders for half the price and I almost always take the option. But if I'm paying full price, I'm getting all the food. This way I dont have to make breakfast for Mr. Nova the next day or if it's lunch, he eats my leftover half sandwich as a snack. I can't deprive Mr. Nova, he loves the Scooby Snacks!

Blue
5 hours ago, Marmion said:

Just when I thought I had her Christology nailed down , you throw a wrench in it , by pointing out that Gwen teaches that Jesus was a created being , in his heavenly pre-existence .   :56247957a2c7b_32(17):This historic heresy , while similar to subordinationism , is more aptly termed Arianism . Plus , I do agree that her belief in the subordination of Jesus to God the Father , as a demi-god , so to speak , makes her seem like less of a monotheist , when compared with say the soft polytheism of Dianic Wiccans , in regards to their belief in the Triple Goddess .   I guess that after all of this frustration over the confusion caused by Shamblin's contrary view of the Trinity , all I can say , metaphorically anyway , is Rufus bless . ( Rufus being the archetypal horned god of the Freejinger forum ) 

Yes, and if I remember correctly, she actually taught at one point about Arius because she uses that Council as a way of proving that non-trinitarians are the victims 😕 But see what I'm saying - it's really hard to wrap her theology up with a bow because it's all over the place and, quite honestly, doesn't seem to be taught consistently.

SilverBeach
22 minutes ago, Blue said:

it's really hard to wrap her theology up with a bow because it's all over the place and, quite honestly, doesn't seem to be taught consistently.

That's because it's bullshit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

AmazonGrace

Today we learn that binge eaters feel miserable, and that they are too stupid to know they feel miserable without taking notes. https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1722240

Under the spoiler, the blurbs of the devotionals that are available right now. Quiz: how many of them are about God? How many are about dieting?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200226-123412.thumb.jpg.d77680375b56fd80af445c15e9bfd368.jpgScreenshot_20200226-123420.thumb.jpg.52fd3d371acfe98224a8575e216c19f7.jpgScreenshot_20200226-123428.thumb.jpg.4162797518f5b7125fdbe7add7c669c5.jpg

HerNameIsBuffy

Today we learn that binge eaters feel miserable, and that they are too stupid to know they feel miserable without taking notes. https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1722240

Under the spoiler, the blurbs of the devotionals that are available right now. Quiz: how many of them are about God? How many are about dieting?

Reveal hidden contents

From the post you linked...

not to mention that you cannot find anything to wear which makes you late with the kids, late to work—and self-conscious all day.

Why does binge eating at night mean one cannot find clothes to wear the next day?  Does she think binge eating changes your body overnight so you wake up and need some teamsters to squeeze you into a pair of yoga pants?

Gwen needs to swap the cocaine for an edible and just chill.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Alisamer
On 2/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, SuperNova said:

Well, we know Gwen is a fan of the wine...

Really, her stages of fullness are really disordered. Does she really think people regularly binge until they have to go change clothes, or can't even stand up? That's insane.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

From the post you linked...

Why does binge eating at night mean one cannot find clothes to wear the next day?  Does she think binge eating changes your body overnight so you wake up and need some teamsters to squeeze you into a pair of yoga pants?

Gwen needs to swap the cocaine for an edible and just chill.

Well, she's pretty small height wise, and I don't think she ever had more than a handful of pounds to lose (meaning she was perfectly normal sized, but wanted to lose weight anyway). Based on her stages of fullness, and vanity about clothes, I could see her after being "painfully full" so she couldn't do more than lie down having a food baby big enough to make her tightest pants uncomfortable the next morning. 

But most people don't stuff themselves to the point of pain.

HerNameIsBuffy
3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

But most people don't stuff themselves to the point of pain.

True.  I just can't imagine eating so much that it's literally hard to find something to wear the next day.

Then again, even at my most thin I've always had a couple of pair of work slacks that are comfy during the bloated time of the month...so I assume those would work if I was bloated from cookies as well.

(Just kidding - I'm not advocating for binge eating.  Gwen is just so weird Idk how she's using the term.)

AmazonGrace
1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why does binge eating at night mean one cannot find clothes to wear the next day? 

Because if you eat you're a sinner and God won't help sinners pick their outfits in the morning?

I think there might be some heavy  projecting involved here. Because Gwen bought clothes that were too small for her and wouldn't fit, everybody else must have trouble picking clothes too. Because Gwen used to be  late for work and daycare a lot everybody else must also be unable to make it in time.  Because Gwen hates her body  everybody else must be self conscious too.

I don't think most employers accept "I binged last night and couldn't find clothes" as a valid excuse for being late so I hope this is just her.

RFIntrigued
On 2/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, dawbs said:

Ah, B

The dreaded 'verbal tip'.

Worst thing about being paid in tips is getting a compliment and having to grit teeth and say thanks, knowing that the person feels a compliment shaves 5% off the required tip

(Ok, not worst thing, just an annoying thing)

I have never worked as a server and had no idea this made servers feel that way. I never tip poorly, but I have definitely given compliments at the end of a meal. This is good info to know. 

Marmion
17 hours ago, Blue said:

Yes, and if I remember correctly, she actually taught cults e point about Arius because she uses that Council as a way of proving that non-trinitarians are the victims 😕 But see what I'm saying - it's really hard to wrap her theology up with a bow because it's all over the place and, quite honestly, doesn't seem to be taught consistently.

This is due I think to her having one set of doctrine for insiders , and another for prospects , and newcomers . Cults will characteristically do this . It's known as the bait and switch . https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch#Usage_by_cults   

A cult needs to recruit and operate using deception. Why?
Because if people knew their true practices and beliefs beforehand then they would not join. A cult needs to hide the truth from you until they think you are ready to accept it.

For example, imagine if the leader of Heavens Gate cult was open and honest about the group and had said to new recruits, “Join us, wear strange clothes, get castrated and then drink poison!” he would not have had many takers.

A cult will have a slick well-rehearsed Public Relations front which hides what the group is really like. You will hear how they help the poor, or support research, or peace, or the environment. They will tell you how happy you will be in their group (and everyone in the cult will always seem very happy and enthusiastic, mainly because they have been told to act happy and will get in trouble if they don’t). But you will not be told what life is really like in the group, nor what they really believe. These things will be introduced to you slowly, one at a time, so you will not notice the gradual change, until eventually you are practicing and believing things which at the start would have caused you to run a mile.

https://www.cultwatch.com/howcultswork.html 

dawbs
3 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

I have never worked as a server and had no idea this made servers feel that way. I never tip poorly, but I have definitely given compliments at the end of a meal. This is good info to know. 

It's not always the case...its just often enough that its noted (possibly confirmation bias, really)

As long as you still tip well, its NBD, it's just back when I did this, fuming in the kitchen "table 3, verbal tip. Bet it's less than 10%" was said a lot. (And it was often less than 10%

It's not as bad as the dreaded person who says they tip well or the jackass who lays the bills on the table and takes them away for each mistake 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

AmazonGrace

Today we learn... nah, no daily devotional for you today, Instead, enjoy this pictorial homage to the Hunger God.

formergothardite
4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn... nah, no daily devotional for you today, Instead, enjoy this pictorial homage to the Hunger God.

This drives me insane! I must know why they randomly decide to not post a devotional! She is just copying old ones, so it isn't like she has to  put effort into writing new propaganda. What is the deal with this?! Someone from RF please, please come and explain the process for the daily devotionals. I'm assuming that since they don't go up each day at the same times and some days there are none, that these aren't scheduled. Scheduling them makes the most sense. Does some poor soul have to dig through her pasts devotionals and pick one each day and some days they just forget? Does Gwen have days she decides God doesn't want daily devotion? 

AmazonGrace

Maybe the intern who posts them binged and couldn't find clothing to go to the office.

SuperNova
8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I feel like she should have went with a play on words, maybe something about a tuning fork instead a food fork. Can she try and be clever or is her brain too starved of nutrients? Last year Mr. Nova brought home a huge bucket of walnuts. They sat around for 6 months until I threatened to chuck the whole bucket if he didn't crack them. By that time half the walnuts were shriveled little mummies in the shell. That's Gwen and her brain, a shriveled little mummy with a dried up husk in her head.

AmazonGrace

Thin Eaters dread feeling full. Be like a Thin Eater. if you eat more than you should you will be dressed in rags. (maybe this is what Gwen really fears.)

Spoiler

What Happens When You Eat Past Full

February 28, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you eat quickly, you will bypass the polite full feeling. It takes approximately 20 minutes for the brain to detect the replenished blood sugar or “satisfied” feeling. Skilled Thin Eaters will notice that the body is trying to get you to stop eating when the stomach pouch is slightly satisfied because they remember if they continue to eat that they will feel stuffed in 30 minutes. Thin Eaters and children dread the overfull feeling. Thin Eaters are so sensitive that they notice the decreased sensitivity to the flavor of the food—another mechanism God created to turn off the desire to eat.

Children digest food much faster than adults and feel like playing right after a meal. However, when adults eat too much, they feel lethargic because so much blood and fluids rush to the stomach to digest the huge amount of food, taking the energy and blood away from the muscles.

If you have overeaten, so much is needed that it leaves less blood for the brain and other parts of the body, so the body compensates by making the person sleepy. The digestion of huge meals is very energy expensive, especially after overindulgence, since the food has to be converted to fats and shipped to the hips. Proverbs 23:20-21 says, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.”

formergothardite
1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

children dread the overfull feeling.

The way she talks about children and food makes me think she made her children's lives hell. I've never heard a child worry about feeling overfull, but I bet poor Elizabeth and Michael grew up dreading eating what their mother viewed as too much. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

AmazonGrace

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1723020

Today we learn that not-eating will cure all your diseases and symptoms, and if not, you should write yourself reminders that you feel great on WeighDown, anyway.

I would not necessarily take medical advice from someone who still speaks of "spastic colon" but your mileage may vary.

Spastic colon was an early term used to describe the health condition that is now known as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The term "spastic colon" came about because of a belief that the motility problems and abdominal pain of the disorder now known as IBS were caused by muscle spasms within the large intestine. It is now known that the problems inherent in the syndrome IBS go beyond mere spasms. The term IBS was thus coined to offer a broader characterization of the full spectrum of IBS symptoms. If you have been told you have, or just think you have, a spastic colon, it may be helpful for you to learn some basic information about IBS.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/spastic-colon-1945066

I searched Pubmed for Spastic colon in the title field and these are all the results (look at the publication years)

Spoiler

A clinical trial of trimebutine (Mebutin) in spastic colon.

Moshal MG, Herron M.

J Int Med Res. 1979;7(3):231-4.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 64875072.

Delayed release peppermint oil capsules (Colpermin) for the spastic colon syndrome: a pharmacokinetic study.

Somerville KW, Richmond CR, Bell GD.

Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1984 Oct;18(4):638-40.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 202965823.

The diagnosis and treatment of spastic colon.

SEWARD C.

Med Press. 1947 Apr 9;217(15):289-93. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 68973164.

[Effectiveness of octatropine methylbromide (OMB) in the treatment of gastritis, duodenal ulcer and spastic colon--a double blind study].

Tittor W, Lechmann R, Herrmann HJ, Dincer T, Weckesser G.

ZFA (Stuttgart). 1982 Sep 30;58(27):1481-4. German. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 187426135.

Functional Disorders of the Colon: The Spastic Colon, the Irritable Colon, and Mucous Colitis.

Kruse FH.

Cal West Med. 1933 Aug;39(2):97-103. No abstract available.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 203206156.

Functional Disturbances of the Colon: the Irritable (Spastic) Colon.

Scarlett EP.

Can Med Assoc J. 1937 May;36(5):484-9. No abstract available.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 49387677.

[Investigation of the effect of a new spasmolytic preparation (Spasmeks) on spastic colon].

Geismar P.

Ugeskr Laeger. 1971 Aug 20;133(33):1610-2. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 132777948.

[Irritable spastic colon].

MELOCCHI W.

G Clin Med. 1955 Sep;36(9):1283-96. Italian. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 73901199.

Radiographic evaluation of spastic colon disease, diverticulosis, and diverticulitis.

Berk RN.

Gastrointest Endosc. 1980 May;26(2 Suppl):26S-30S.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 1339318310.

[Research on the connection between coproporphyrin excretion in the urine and spastic colon].

GRAF W, HENNING N, KIMBEL KH.

Z Klin Med. 1956;154(2):187-99. German. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 472643811.

Spastic colon.

Rice.

S Afr J Surg. 1973 Jun;11(2):97. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 1382100812.

Spastic colon.

EVANS RG.

Practitioner. 1960 Jul;185:112-5. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 1348467513.

The spastic colon.

HUNT T.

Practitioner. 1957 Nov;179(1073):561-6. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 1326517314.

[The spastic colon].

HENNING N, DEMLING L.

Med Klin. 1955 Sep 23;50(38):1589-91. German. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 2098502915.

The spastic colon.

BIRCH CA.

Practitioner. 1946 Jun;156:405-10. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 3043902816.

The Spastic Colon.

Smith D.

Glasgow Med J. 1936 Nov;126(5):265-280. No abstract available.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 2031859917.

SPASTIC COLON.

Hunter C.

Can Med Assoc J. 1932 Feb;26(2):149-54. No abstract available.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 1874103018.

THE SPASTIC COLON.

Gilbert QO.

Cal West Med. 1929 May;30(5):330-4. No abstract available.

PMID:

Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Select item 221821019.

[Spastic colon: a multi-factorial pathology, a polyvalent therapy].

Sternon J, Adler M.

Rev Med Brux. 1990 Sep;11(7):285-92. French.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 551266620.

[Spastic colon and its treatment with Labrodax].

van Eeckhoutte P.

Tijdschr Gastroenterol. 1970;13(4):341-9. Dutch. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Spastic colon from the occupational viewpoint.

D'ALONZO CA, FLEMING AJ.

Ind Med Surg. 1955 Nov;24(11):481-5. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 252779522.

[Spastic colon (irritable colon)].

Demling L.

Fortschr Med. 1989 Jul 10;107(20):439-42. Review. German.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 532512723.

Spastic colon syndrome: a double-blind study with Spacolin.

Evangelista I.

West Med Med J West. 1966 Mar;7(3):49-50. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 32854124.

The "spastic colon" syndrome: therapeutic and pathophysiologic considerations.

Lechin F, Van Der Dijs B, Bentolila A, Peña F.

J Clin Pharmacol. 1977 Jul;17(7):431-40.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 1366524025.

Surgical significance of spastic colon.

SMITH FW.

J Med Assoc State Ala. 1959 Jun;28(12):373-7. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 701448926.

Therapeutic usefulness of amitriptyline in spastic colon syndrome.

Steinhart MJ, Wong PY, Zarr ML.

Int J Psychiatry Med. 1981-1982;11(1):45-57.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 85579127.

Therapy of the spastic colon.

Clearfield HR.

Am Fam Physician. 1977 May;15(5):176-7. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 348902828.

Transient visual anomalies associated with drug treatment for spastic colon.

Applegate RA, Soriano T, Perry C, Elam J.

J Am Optom Assoc. 1986 Aug;57(8):604-6.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 2025432529.

Treatment of the spastic colon.

MacMILLAN JM.

Va Med Mon (1918). 1947 Aug;74(8):360. No abstract available.

PMID:

Similar articles

Select item 34409030.

A trial of trimebutine in spastic colon.

Lüttecke K.

J Int Med Res. 1978;6(2):86-8.

PMID:

Similar articles

kuva.png.52963ae208cccb48b5b7c4d49c43a7bc.png

formergothardite

This week's video has exciting news.

Guys! Gwen has gotten herself a bus and is going on a tour! Gwen will be stopping at McDonalds just like people did in Bible times! It is a mission of love and joy! 

Gwen admits that people used to sell all their possessions and travel telling others about God. Gwen does not seem to be copying this. Her worldly possessions are staying with her. 

And she sounds so much like Bill Gothard in parts of this. He was constantly talking about how ATI students were so godly that everywhere they went people commented on how amazing they were. Gwen says the same thing happens when groups of RF people are out and about. 

Jesus asked the rich young ruler to sell everything, Gwen is just asking you to come hang out with her and RF. I suspect FJ members are not invited. 

Gwen says to take time off from work because this is short notice to come visit her. Why exactly is she suddenly going on tour with almost no notice? She is only going to two places too so why get a huge bus with tour written on it to go to two towns in America? 

The outtakes have Joe saying that he was late because the president called to talk about Gwen. I don't think Gwen's Trump's type. 

I for real hope she drives through NC and I can spot her crazy hair in person. She is going to Atlanta, GA and Destin, Fl. in a couple weeks. 

AmazonGrace

The ads about the tour have been on the devotionals page for weeks now so there is no reason that she couldn't have plugged the tour earlier except she couldn't be bothered to.