IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

Your body is calling for pizza, and eating fiber might   kill you.

(This is a repeat from April 2019 and still as stupid as the first time.)

Spoiler

What is a Healthy Diet?

May 28, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

To wake up internal control, you must end the lies and believe the truth. Remember, Colossians 2:22 says, “These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.” There are man-made rules and there are God’s rules. Oh, how man likes to make up rules and make other men go by them. But they do not work, and it is your job to learn the difference. If you do it God’s way, you will have immediate positive results. If it is man’s rules you are following, you will never lose the weight and you will become larger every year. My prayer is that this generation puts an end to man-made rules of all kinds. You will not be undernourished if you eat regular foods or what the body is calling for. God did not give the animals a “food pyramid” to decode and interpret what foods to eat, and yet they are beautiful and well-fed. It is simply not as complicated as the nutrition world would have you believe. The foods we eat from the grocery store are adequate if we eat a variety. The term “regular foods” includes pizza, cheeseburgers, eggs and pancakes, cereal and milk, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips with cheese dip and chili, Chinese foods, rice and beans, taco pile-up with lettuce and chopped tomatoes, peanut butter and jelly, and deli sandwiches— and everyone gets in the mood for apples, grapes, and carrots or celery with ranch dressing… you get the picture—all from the grocery, and they are America’s most popular foods. Too much of anything can make you sick, such as too much fiber or high fiber foods that can cause harm to the intestines. Plant sources of foods are wonderful and will likely always be the major source of our calories, however, it is not wrong to eat animal sources of food. You do not have to be a vegetarian to live a longer life

• Thank You 4

You will not be undernourished if you eat regular foods or what the body is calling for.

I bring you, "Gwardening with Gwen"  --

Spoiler

Gwardening_with_Gwen.thumb.jpg.ecd139efe12213791c85cacc9fa665e7.jpg

PS:  It is not so easy to garden in platform shoes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Good grief.  "Too much fiber" will NOT "harm the intestines".  At best, you might get flatulence, bloating, and/or constipation.  That's not "harming the intestines".   I think she's afraid to say anything about food quality because then it starts looking like a diet and that might not be in harmony with the way she preaches that God wants you to just feel hungry.

I've been meaning to ask -- does Gwen ever say anything about what you do when you are too thin and still listening for the "growl"?  Anyone who is seriously underweight shouldn't be waiting around to see if God is sending their stomach messages.  See:  Gwen.

And you have to love the way she classified cheeseburgers, pizza, pancakes, and cheese dip as "regular foods".  Gotta make sure those Remnants are eating stuff they like or they might not keep giving her money.  

Here's a pic of Gwen and Joe eating out from a recent video.  I wonder how much of that cheeseburger Gwen actually ate...

Gwen with cheeseburger.jpg

• Upvote 7

She ate 2 bites, maybe 1 large bite.  In the gwardening pic, her hair looks normal and shorter.  Is that monstrosity on her head a wig?

Edited to add -- any news updates on the Angers and/or the Days? They're still missing from the "Our Leaders" page

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She ate 2 bites, maybe 1 large bite.  In the gwardening pic, her hair looks normal and shorter.  Is that monstrosity on her head a wig?

Edited to add -- any news updates on the Angers and/or the Days? They're still missing from the "Our Leaders" page

If you mean the most recent gwardening pic, that's me and my pandemic 'do.  ?  (It's meant to be a joke, with me checking out the Fritos.)

• Haha 9

Oops @CTRLZero  My bad -- I totally missed the Fritos. -- so not implying at all you look like Gwod.

But I do wonder if "That Hair" (TM) hair is a wig/ fall /clip ins. It does not look real at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I agree that it's high handed behavior but I doubt that they were hired by the government to specifically enforce food consumption in a particular order. Additionally, not every child attending public school eats the school provided lunch and instead bring food from home.

I don't think that their's was a paid position either .  From what I have gathered , it has been my impression that they , and their family were prominent in the local Republican party , and that's why all of the faculty was cowtowing to them . In other words officious busybodies .  And actually I did bring a packed lunch to school . And even though they had told even we packers to dump out our lunch boxes of any leftover food , into the rubbish bin , I had obeyed my mother , and never did .  Instead I would eat the remainder of my lunch , once I had gotten back home .   

• Upvote 3

The key to good health and nutrition  is to eat like the French. Your body's natural cues make sure you get enough vitamins, or the food industry does by adding them.   You should eat small amounts of high fat or high sugar foods but you should also eat much more of them. Eat 60 % more cheese and 4 times as much butter and drink wine daily. The French live longer because they do not eat  vegetable oil.  It doesn't matter which type of fat you consume but if you consume vegetable oil it will kill you. Do not worry about what you eat but if you eat soybean oil, you should worry.

I think.

Spoiler

The Key to Good Health and Nutrition

May 29, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

As a rule, Americans are not missing vitamins. So many foods are fortified or enriched with extra vitamins and minerals, and your body can cue you to a variety so that you need not worry about what you eat. If you listen to the body, it can sense high fat or high sugar foods, and it will guide you to stop on small amounts of those foods. The French eat small amounts of rich foods and yet do not overeat them and have a longer life expectancy than Americans. We blame the fat and alcohol in the U.S. but live a shorter life than the French, who eat more fats and drink wine daily.

The French eat 4 times as much butter and 60 percent more cheese and they consume much more saturated fat, because Americans consume a much larger proportion of fat in the form of vegetable oil, with most of that being soybean oil. Thin Eaters eat more like the French, and thin people like the French live longer and have fewer heart attacks. The common denominator of superior health is not the type of fat, but rather the volume and the sensitivity to giving the body the amount of food that it calls for (neither over nor under).

By the way, the life expectancy in France is 82,5 years and in the USA 78.5 so whatever they're doing doesn't make them live forever.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The key to good health and nutrition  is to eat like the French. Your body's natural cues make sure you get enough vitamins, or the food industry does by adding them.   You should eat small amounts of high fat or high sugar foods but you should also eat much more of them. Eat 60 % more cheese and 4 times as much butter and drink wine daily. The French live longer because they do not eat  vegetable oil.  It doesn't matter which type of fat you consume but if you consume vegetable oil it will kill you. Do not worry about what you eat but if you eat soybean oil, you should worry.

I think.

Hide contents

The Key to Good Health and Nutrition

May 29, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

As a rule, Americans are not missing vitamins. So many foods are fortified or enriched with extra vitamins and minerals, and your body can cue you to a variety so that you need not worry about what you eat. If you listen to the body, it can sense high fat or high sugar foods, and it will guide you to stop on small amounts of those foods. The French eat small amounts of rich foods and yet do not overeat them and have a longer life expectancy than Americans. We blame the fat and alcohol in the U.S. but live a shorter life than the French, who eat more fats and drink wine daily.

The French eat 4 times as much butter and 60 percent more cheese and they consume much more saturated fat, because Americans consume a much larger proportion of fat in the form of vegetable oil, with most of that being soybean oil. Thin Eaters eat more like the French, and thin people like the French live longer and have fewer heart attacks. The common denominator of superior health is not the type of fat, but rather the volume and the sensitivity to giving the body the amount of food that it calls for (neither over nor under).

By the way, the life expectancy in France is 82,5 years and in the USA 78.5 so whatever they're doing doesn't make them live forever.

Seriously Gwen, shut the fuck up. I worked for a French food company for many years. I've travelled to France, stayed in people's homes, and have eaten what the average French person eats. Admittedly, many people are thinner than the average American but not for the reasons that Gwen thinks. It's true that there's far less snacking, hardly any fast food, and French people walk everywhere. But when the French sit down to eat, they EAT. I've been to dinners where there was so much food that I was completely stuffed by the 4th course, whereas my French companions were just warming up and didn't seem to be experiencing the same discomfort as I was. I'm not saying everyone there eats this way but you can't really compare French eating habits to Americans.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 5/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, mhainlen said:

Don’t focus on what people think about what you are eating....except everyone at Remnant is totally judging when and how much and what you are eating.  

I just still don’t understand how Gwen and I have read the same bible and she came out of it with the idea that God is obsessed with everyone being skinny.  

And ONLY obsessed with weight. That's it.

We've asked our friends "if one bite past full is horrible sin, then why is one purchase past needs not horrible greed? Or why is one look past necessary not vanity?" We were told that we were being legalistic ? Of course, being legalistic about FOOD is Godly because Gwen says so, but being legalistic about stuff and posessions is unBiblical because God gave Gwen her mansions and beach houses.

• Upvote 9

Today we get more false French facts.  We fact checked her last year so  I'm just going to point out that it's a really eating-disordered thing to worry about omega oil capsules making you fat.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Seriously Gwen, shut the fuck up. I worked for a French food company for many years. I've travelled to France, stayed in people's homes, and have eaten what the average French person eats. Admittedly, many people are thinner than the average American but not for the reasons that Gwen thinks. It's true that there's far less snacking, hardly any fast food, and French people walk everywhere. But when the French sit down to eat, they EAT. I've been to dinners where there was so much food that I was completely stuffed by the 4th course, whereas my French companions were just warming up and didn't seem to be experiencing the same discomfort as I was. I'm not saying everyone there eats this way but you can't really compare French eating habits to Americans.

It's also pretty ridiculous to claim that they don't eat vegetable oil (olive oil anyone ?). Also, the alcohol consumption is actually pretty low, typically a glass of wine with the sunday dinner and nothing during the week, maybe a few splashes of wine in the food if the recipe calls for it. Overall, they eat a lot of vegetable soup, salads, greens and fish. Yes, the "social" dinners are lavish and serving meat and pastries to guests is non-optional, but these habits are limited to special events (I do strongly recommend the Christmas dinners, they are... something, even in modest households).

• Upvote 4

On 5/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, Xan said:

Good grief.  "Too much fiber" will NOT "harm the intestines".  At best, you might get flatulence, bloating, and/or constipation.  That's not "harming the intestines".   I think she's afraid to say anything about food quality because then it starts looking like a diet and that might not be in harmony with the way she preaches that God wants you to just feel hungry.

I've been meaning to ask -- does Gwen ever say anything about what you do when you are too thin and still listening for the "growl"?  Anyone who is seriously underweight shouldn't be waiting around to see if God is sending their stomach messages.  See:  Gwen.

And you have to love the way she classified cheeseburgers, pizza, pancakes, and cheese dip as "regular foods".  Gotta make sure those Remnants are eating stuff they like or they might not keep giving her money.  

Here's a pic of Gwen and Joe eating out from a recent video.  I wonder how much of that cheeseburger Gwen actually ate...

Gwen with cheeseburger.jpg

So Gwen has a large cheeseburger, fries and diet coke while Joe has a salad with grilled chicken and water. It looks like he isn't bothering to stick to Gwen's starvation diet and realizes that healthy eating is a better way to maintain a healthy weight. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So Gwen has a large cheeseburger, fries and diet coke while Joe has a salad with grilled chicken and water. It looks like he isn't bothering to stick to Gwen's starvation diet and realizes that healthy eating is a better way to maintain a healthy weight. 

But isn't that too feminine a meal for her "hulk" ? Shouldn't he feel emasculated ?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

But isn't that too feminine a meal for her "hulk" ? Shouldn't he feel emasculated ?

I'm sure she would rather he ate junk like she does. But since Joe tends to not stick to the RF talking points, I wonder if he has realized that Gwen can't really divorce him without messing up her carefully crafted image, so he can do what he wants. I bet he ate that entire salad while Gwen licked a fry, nibbled some of the hamburger and guzzled diet coke and that annoyed her. Her entire thing is about skipping healthy foods while eating small amounts of junk food and Joe clearly isn't falling in line. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm sure she would rather he ate junk like she does

Such a shame that she won't eat real food, especially since she has the means to buy fresh, organic produce. Nothing is junkfood if well prepared ! It's somewhat off-topic, but we made American hamburgers this week, with real beef, homemade brioche, homemade fries, fresh salad, tomatoes and onions, and high-quality pickled cucumbers. We drank lemonade made with real lemons, not diet coke. It was absolutely delicious, a real revelation. I only knew the "junk" version of burgers and had no idea they could be that good ! Now I can't wait to try other American staples. Gwen is an idiot.

• Upvote 4

On 5/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, SuperNova said:

This sounds like an addiction fueled adrenaline rush

Gwen is coming in hot with the government control propaganda. Public schools aren't "demanding" that children eat school lunch. There's no monitor watching to make sure that every bite of evil, fattening, government food is being consumed. 

What the hell? Who eats to please someone else?

This is the nonsensical rambling of a fat and calorie starved brain. 

I thought no food was bad to Gwen. This should include the government food that our public schools kids are “forced to eat” I’m confused. 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:17 PM, Blue said:

And ONLY obsessed with weight. That's it.

We've asked our friends "if one bite past full is horrible sin, then why is one purchase past needs not horrible greed? Or why is one look past necessary not vanity?" We were told that we were being legalistic ? Of course, being legalistic about FOOD is Godly because Gwen says so, but being legalistic about stuff and posessions is unBiblical because God gave Gwen her mansions and beach houses.

I don’t think she started out that way. Before she started Remnant she was just a businesswoman that created a weight loss program and wrapped God into it. It evolved from there. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Talking, shopping and sex make you sick.

I'll take my chances. Pretty much anything is better than being a paper thin chip licker.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 5/18/2020 at 2:29 PM, Jencendiary said:

OH, HELL YEAH. It's on now. 

I don't know if y'all are podcast fans like me, but Zealot is a very funny Australian comedienne and her rotating cast of friends discussing cults. And they did Gwen Shamblin & the Remnant this week. I just started listening, and I recommend you come with me on this journey of "I can't even. . ."

(And please do look up the Facebook page for Jo's commentary on The Shamblin-Lara engagement video & a Gwen Shamblin lookbook.)

Thank you again for this - I am doing a lot of compliance checking this week (open form A, check boxes 1, 2, 3 are ticked. Open form B, check boxes 4, 5, 6 are ticked, etc.) so I've been listening to it. Haven't gotten to Gwen yet, but enjoying the journey through a wide range of other cults. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, Xan said:

There's a new-ish Life with Gwen and Joe up.  I'm adding the link in the spoiler and anyone is welcome to watch.  I honestly just couldn't today -- not even for the stupid, funny comments.  Lately, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Reveal hidden contents

I did run through the video for a few screencaps.  They're at the beach.  One photo is of Gwen with children.  If that was my grandma, I'd have nightmares.  She's also gotten Joe a Jeep without doors.  I'm not sure I understand why that's a good thing.  I've lived in Florida before.  It rains.  There were brief storms on summer afternoons that we called monsoons.  You couldn't see the car in front of you.  Also - bugs.  Also - not safe.  WTH?  And the last picture shows Gwen's ridiculous make-up.  What's going on with her eyebrows?

1907380426_Gwenbeachchildren.jpg.94632bbeeff71c58bbf6ea8d1d79628d.jpg

doorless jeep.jpg

Gwen's eyebrows.jpg

Looks like she got her eyebrows micro bladed. It’s very popular in Brentwood. 

• Upvote 2

Today in Gwedicine: Never mind calcium and exercise. You get strong bones by being self-righteous. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200601-133439.thumb.jpg.2c38f38095742441e1fb473996516b5f.jpg

4 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Looks like she got her eyebrows micro bladed. It’s very popular in Brentwood. 

Trying to improve on God's creation? Say it isn't so.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today in Gwedicine: Never mind calcium and exercise. You get strong bones by being self-righteous. 

If that's all it takes then Gwen must be solid as a rock. No wonder she's not scared of platform heels.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200601-133439.thumb.jpg.2c38f38095742441e1fb473996516b5f.jpgTrying to improve on God's creation? Say it isn't so.

She is going against the standards of conduct set forth by her Muslim fundamentalist counterparts .  https://muslimconverts.com/cosmetics/plucking_eyebrows.htm   

Spoiler

I find it fun to out fundie fundies .  :56247958035f1_32(18):

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Marmion said:

She is going against the standards of conduct set forth by her Muslim fundamentalist counterparts .  https://muslimconverts.com/cosmetics/plucking_eyebrows.htm   

Hide contents

I find it fun to out fundie fundies .  :56247958035f1_32(18):

I don't understand.  He's against plucking or trimming eyebrows but it's okay to keep his beard trimmed and shaped?  I seriously doubt that an untrimmed beard would make him unable to talk or eat.  And it's okay to cut his hair?  (Although it may be in a long ponytail down his back.  From this angle, I can't tell.)

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic