IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

On 5/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, AmazonGrace said:

another way to look at it is you are renting this body out

I am not reading that at all in the way intended. I suppose it might explain the heels though..

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Today we learn that everyone gets fatter inevitably unless they're paying Gwen for classes. 

Spoiler

You are Not a Failure

May 08, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You are not a failure—no one can maintain man-made rules for any length of time because they run against the body’s natural eating, and underneath they are increasing the self-focus and greed. It is inevitable that you will eat more and gain more in the end! Failing at man-made rules takes the wind out of you, and you feel like you cannot stop this lust, but you can and must put greed to death.

Only God’s rules can have truly permanent results: permanent because they get you off of self and selfish desires, and they teach you denial, self-sacrifice, selflessness, and give you God’s Spirit, which is self-control. Notice that WeighDown, which promotes God’s rules, has the most genuine and successful statistics of permanent weight loss. The results have been so far beyond the man-made diet results that they do not even come close—it is phenomenal. It is God’s rules and the truth, which Christ lived and taught. You have felt like a failure on your diets, but you had no idea that diets—much like false churches—were feeding the root problem of obesity and other indulgences, while slowly but surely making you estranged from God.

Now you know. The longer you diet, the harder it is to transfer this love of food over to a love for God. But by constant choice, calling to God, through the Name of Christ, it can be done! You can overcome.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...no one can maintain man-made rules for any length of time because they run against the body’s natural eating, and underneath they are increasing the self-focus and greed. It is inevitable that you will eat more and gain more in the end!

Last week I switched out our winter clothes for summer stuff. As I was taking shorts and tank tops out of SpaceBags I realized that some of the stuff we're wearing is 15 years old and we still fit in them, no dieting or Jesus involved. So much for Gwen's bullshit.

• Upvote 10

By now I am perfectly convinced that hair is covering an ugly facelift scar.

• Upvote 7

Does Gwen not own a mirror?  She actually went out looking like this?  I've seen her in unflattering outfits before but this one tops it.  The pockets look like saddlebags.  The shoes are just ridiculous.  The hair looks matted and her eyeliner is smeared.  How is there not a collective gasp as she totters onstage?

C'mon, Joe.  Tell her the truth.  

2003365912_Gwenbrownshoes.jpg.52dacdccee6b4ee98c4ccb6b0bfb5e63.jpg

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

She needs heavy shoes so she doesn't get swept in the wind.

Like a helium balloon, she needs to be anchored.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

In a fit of rare self awareness, Gwen speaks of anorexia and obsessive focus on the body.

Spoiler

How to be Free from Obsessive Body Focus

May 09, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Focused on taking care of the body and body focus are two different things. There are many different degrees of body focus that I have run into over the years of counseling. This obsession can lead to many kinds of strongholds: narcissism, exerciseaholism, anorexia, bulimia, chronic control. All these people have this in common: their mind is on themselves in almost any and every circumstance. Their world is centered on themselves.

Anorexia can start early in life, as young girls see the U.S. spinning out of control when it comes to overweight and obesity. These are the children of dieters, and since diets have not worked, they are taking their weight into their own hands and self-denial into their own hands. Self-denial should be God-led. People are not good at making decisions for themselves. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

This does not say in “some” of your ways submit to Him, but rather in all your ways submit to Him. We are not gods and we are not good controllers. We are humans made to lean on God.
What is the etiology of this stronghold or sickness? There are people who are overly competitive and are obsessed with having the thinnest body. Many are blind and never seem to like the body God has given them because they are focused on someone else’s. Again, you like what you focus on, and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Had we brought children up to appreciate life and health, perhaps we would not have this outbreak of anorexia in this generation. Anorexics are so consumed that they do not see that they have become too thin. Anorexics ignore hunger and eat so little that they put their health in harm’s way if they do not refocus to please God. The human being must eat when they are hungry and they must stop when they are full so that they are not overweight or underweight. The anorexic must obey God and eat when the body is hungry. Eating God’s way, with hunger and fullness, gives the perfect weight and freedom from this destructive, heartbreaking, and often tragic body focus.

Nah, not really. The only time she's self aware is never.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

In today's episode of The World's Most Body Obsessed Woman Tells You Not To Obsess  About Your Body Gwen knows that everyone who says they hate their body are lying.

Spoiler

A Misplaced Focus on the Body

May 10, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

People focusing on their own looks often claim they hate their body. But Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:28-29:

“In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church…”

So you do not hate yourself because you feed, take care of, and worry about yourself, which means you love yourself. So it is not about loving yourself too little, it is about a misplaced focus and obsession on self and loving God too little.

The Scriptures reinforce that focusing on your body is connected with sin or just outright rebellion. After Adam and Eve defied what God had clearly told them not to do, it says in Genesis 3:7, “Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.” Sin is simply becoming your own god, and Adam and Eve let go of their childlike hearts and took over. A young child has no awareness of their body or looks—they simply love the authority or parent. The more innocent you are, the more outward and upward you are; the more sinful you are, the more inward and focused on earthly things you are.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 09/05/2020 at 05:44, AmazonGrace said:

À présent, je suis parfaitement convaincu que les cheveux recouvrent une vilaine cicatrice de lifting.

zzzzzzzconehead.jpg.fd8f9e5488d87a0d9d63bbe20fdec3e8.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

On 5/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, Xan said:

Does Gwen not own a mirror?  She actually went out looking like this?  I've seen her in unflattering outfits before but this one tops it.  The pockets look like saddlebags.  The shoes are just ridiculous.  The hair looks matted and her eyeliner is smeared.  How is there not a collective gasp as she totters onstage?

C'mon, Joe.  Tell her the truth.  

2003365912_Gwenbrownshoes.jpg.52dacdccee6b4ee98c4ccb6b0bfb5e63.jpg

I just watched this today.  I thought, who on Earth would wear enormous pockets like that and right at the hips??? 

Joe will NEVER tell her how ridiculous she looks, or how ridiculous her and her cult its.

except maybe over his shoulder when he leaves her, pockets full of Remnant funds. :)

On 5/8/2020 at 11:44 PM, AmazonGrace said:

By now I am perfectly convinced that hair is covering an ugly facelift scar.

That's right;  what else could it possibly be??

On 5/8/2020 at 5:41 AM, Ozlsn said:

I am not reading that at all in the way intended. I suppose it might explain the heels though..

I'll betcha that Joe's gonna wig out, (no pun intended) and start sticking out his foot to trip her on those towering heels.

Joe:  "Oh Gwen!  sorry!  I certainly didn't mean to trip you, I never heard the click clacking of horse hooves when you were teetering through the house"  :)

• Upvote 5

I do think that Joe is positioning himself to take over more and more of the ministry.  As Gwen, "The Anorexic Clown", gets more and more befuddled, he'll do more of the talking and reading.  If he honestly cared about her at all, he'd try to help her make less of a fool of herself.  And if she had an honest relationship with her children, they'd do the same.  Methinks that all of them are sick of Gwen and fine with letting her be nuts as long as the money keeps rolling in.  

One day, Joe or no Joe, she's going to fall off those shoes and face plant on stage.  I only hope there's a camera rolling when it happens.  (And, no.  I'm not usually heartless but this woman has done a lot of damage to a lot of people.  She has it coming.)

• Upvote 12

On 5/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, AmazonGrace said:

In a fit of rare self awareness, Gwen speaks of anorexia and obsessive focus on the body.

Hide contents

Anorexia can start early in life, as young girls see the U.S. spinning out of control when it comes to overweight and obesity. These are the children of dieters, and since diets have not worked, they are taking their weight into their own hands and self-denial into their own hands. Self-denial should be God-led. People are not good at making decisions for themselves. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Nah, not really. The only time she's self aware is never.

The part in bold is really telling...I guess it applies to everyone but HER.

• Upvote 4

Gwen has had this 20 day Facebook thing going on but of course she has missed some days in the middle of it. 

Screenshot_20200511-063507.thumb.jpg.f607d2b13de9154f2476ee5d927f1d00.jpg

Yeah that's right...I seem to recall some dude in the Bible, Jesse, Jesus, something like that. He said that you should love your neighbour like yourself. And what he meant was that you should be free from loving your neighbour.

You don't need the neighbour because Gwen can tell you the best way to get off, yourself.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1589168727144.thumb.jpg.8fe9e5c91543c8aff6d862df8ce9315e.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Oh my.

OK I know my mind's in the gutter, but I did not read Day 17's last sentence in the way intended at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

She Who Is Obsessed With Looking Thinner tells you it doesn't matter how you look. 

Spoiler

How to Let Go of Worry

May 11, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The world may applaud outward beauty, but they are attracted to righteous people who are a light in this dark world. Jesus had no appearance that men would desire (Isaiah 53:2b), however, look at how the world has flocked to him and his teachings. Jesus taught the love of God first, and then love of man, in that order. It is not about how you look but what you give back—your response to the love you have been given. Tell me, whom do you like to be around? I am sure that the characteristics of the people you enjoy have nothing to do with their looks. So why do you care about what you look like? Let it all go.

How do you rid yourself of that evil behavior? By focusing off of the body and changing your focus onto pleasing God, you will turn all of this around. Remember, when you are focused on the human body, you will be out of control. If you start over and praise God for life, for breath, another day to live and a chance to consider others better than yourself, it will turn your world right-side up.

The key is to let go. You will find the control. Let go and obey. Let go of your selfish desires. Lay it down. Let go of your looks. Trust me, no one cares about what you look like. You were put here to please God. People are too busy to pay attention to your looks. It is not about what someone else has or looks like; it is not about what they are wearing. People see your heart and are drawn to a heart of love.

The piece is titled "How to let go of worry" but in a typical Gwen fashion it doesn't answer to the question.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She Who Is Obsessed With Looking Thinner tells you it doesn't matter how you look. 

Reveal hidden contents

How to Let Go of Worry

May 11, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The world may applaud outward beauty, but they are attracted to righteous people who are a light in this dark world. Jesus had no appearance that men would desire (Isaiah 53:2b), however, look at how the world has flocked to him and his teachings. Jesus taught the love of God first, and then love of man, in that order. It is not about how you look but what you give back—your response to the love you have been given. Tell me, whom do you like to be around? I am sure that the characteristics of the people you enjoy have nothing to do with their looks. So why do you care about what you look like? Let it all go.

How do you rid yourself of that evil behavior? By focusing off of the body and changing your focus onto pleasing God, you will turn all of this around. Remember, when you are focused on the human body, you will be out of control. If you start over and praise God for life, for breath, another day to live and a chance to consider others better than yourself, it will turn your world right-side up.

The key is to let go. You will find the control. Let go and obey. Let go of your selfish desires. Lay it down. Let go of your looks. Trust me, no one cares about what you look like. You were put here to please God. People are too busy to pay attention to your looks. It is not about what someone else has or looks like; it is not about what they are wearing. People see your heart and are drawn to a heart of love.

The piece is titled "How to let go of worry" but in a typical Gwen fashion it doesn't answer to the question.

You know, I've noticed that about her You Can Overcome show as well. It would always have a title, but then I would watch the entire episode and it wouldn't actually address the title. I mean, Weigh Down is what it is....so there's only so many ways to say "stop eating".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I am pretty sure that when Donald Trump looks in the mirror, he sees that famous painting of himself as a young man.

I wonder what Gwen sees?

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

I am pretty sure that when Donald Trump looks in the mirror, he sees that famous painting of himself as a young man.

I wonder what Gwen sees?

Probably this.

BC2794CE-0976-4D85-9789-7B7EFE95317E.thumb.png.3fa404165f9687a812d55ffeb2e08060.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

The episode in which She Who Is Obsessed With Looking Thinner tells you not to obsess over looks. Real Christians do not binge or purge. If you are not cured of your eating disorder you're not a real Christian. (Anorexia doesn't count though.)

Spoiler

Transferring Your Concern to the Right Body

May 12, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are to take care of our body, and it should not be abused. We must do the best we can. We are to glorify God with what we have been given just as all the animals do. However, we are not to obsess over looks. Do your best, and then forget your looks and show concern for others.

Remember that if your mind is caught up in self-focus, it is enslaved—caught up in your own desires. You are a slave to whatever has mastered you.

If you go to I Corinthians 12, you learn that you are a part of a greater body…the body of Christ. In this body, there are spiritual gifts—one body and many parts. This, the Church, the true body of Saints, is what you need to love and focus on. Notice how you will have no episodes of bingeing or purging if you transfer your concern to the body of Christ.

Somehow whether Gwen keeps on giving up her life of sin is dependent on how many people follow her posts on Facebook.

Spoiler

kuva.thumb.png.a6fc99eebda819fd66750224b5ff0bec.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Sometimes I wonder how they would explain away my life being happy. They would talk about people who left who were sad and addicted to drugs. People who were broke and helpless. They would claim anyone who has left but seems happy is hiding their sadness and that Satan has ahold of them. They will only have curses in their life. 

Every time we've brought this up... the idea that people who aren't "pleasing God" sometimes live great lives, and people who are "pleasing God" sometimes life incredibly difficult lives... I swear they just change the subject and practically act as if we hadn't been speaking, or they play dumb like that don't understand what we're talking about. 

Can I ask an honest question of you or ANY former Remnant Members... are you taught to gaslight people? We've talked to friends in RF and we'll say something like...

"Well, Gwen says A..." and we show proof and they say "YES! Exactly! We're so glad you found this truth!!!"

Then when we say "Welll... the Bible says B..." they say "Yes, exactly, we believe B."

And when we say "Wellll you just said you believe A and A and B are NOT the same, in fact, they're VERY different." They act like they have no idea what we're talking about and say "I don't know what you're talking about, we would NEVER say A." It's gotten to the point where we almost want to start recording conversations with them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

No devo but we learn that Remnant Fellowship is an aspiring pyramid scheme

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

The last daily devotional was on the 12th but Gwen has started a new 20 day countdown. I'm not exactly sure what the point of counting days up until 20 and starting back from day 1 is.

My best guess is that she runs out of fingers and toes after 20 but if you have other theories please share.

Day 1: As we are starting a new 20-day countdown, here is a helpful tip for you to remember every day of the year – SLOW DOWN…not so you can savor food more but so you can truly sense God’s lead from inside of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

On 5/13/2020 at 11:32 AM, Blue said:

Every time we've brought this up... the idea that people who aren't "pleasing God" sometimes live great lives, and people who are "pleasing God" sometimes life incredibly difficult lives... I swear they just change the subject and practically act as if we hadn't been speaking, or they play dumb like that don't understand what we're talking about. 

Can I ask an honest question of you or ANY former Remnant Members... are you taught to gaslight people? We've talked to friends in RF and we'll say something like...

"Well, Gwen says A..." and we show proof and they say "YES! Exactly! We're so glad you found this truth!!!"

Then when we say "Welll... the Bible says B..." they say "Yes, exactly, we believe B."

And when we say "Wellll you just said you believe A and A and B are NOT the same, in fact, they're VERY different." They act like they have no idea what we're talking about and say "I don't know what you're talking about, we would NEVER say A." It's gotten to the point where we almost want to start recording conversations with them.

It's what is known as doublethink   .   It's how they deal with cognitive dissonance .  

• Upvote 3

I’m constantly amazed that she puts absolutely no emphasis on positive ways to take care of your body, like eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and getting exercise. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic