IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

How to change, according to Nike: Just Do It

Spoiler

How to Make a Change

April 30, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Now that you know you can change, how do you change? Grace from God to be reborn, knowing that we are capable of complete transformation and knowing that we are expected to be new creations, will do it!

The answer has been in the Scriptures all along. The whole concept of True Religion is denying yourself for the sake of a relationship with God. It is pushing back from the table. It is saying “no” to greed, “no” to more. Just saying “no” to worldly passions and living a self- controlled life is mere Christianity. Weigh Down, Weigh Down Basics, and now The Tablet are mere Christianity put in a way that you can understand it in this day and time. We must make the transformation away from the old life. But instead of transferring from bad foods to good foods, this transfer is from bad actions to good actions in your life and in your heart. The message of Christ is… to transfer wrong passions to right passions. We are making an exchange—we are laying down the old actions and behavior.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Maybe a relative?

BC2794CE-0976-4D85-9789-7B7EFE95317E.png

Edited by Reallyhatefakes
Decided I’m Canadian and shouldn’t be political
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

How to change according to Ice Cube: You can do it

You Can Change Today!

May 01, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Look again at Titus 2:11-12, which says that grace teaches us to say, “No” to any worldly passions:
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.

Again, stop projecting, for we ourselves are in need of reformation. We are not making the food, spouse, or boss change—we are making ourselves change. You can do it, and you can start right now. You can completely rebuild your behavior with the help of God. You can choose today to walk out of the prison of your old life and completely be born again by turning to God!

Every bit of advice Gwen has ever given is just as useless as this. "You can change your life COMPLETELY, you can do it NOW. How will I change? Um, God will help you. Just do it"!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 4/29/2020 at 7:46 PM, Marmion said:

I wanted to mention two things , especially for the sake of those involved with Remnant Fellowship , whom might be reading this .  1.  In response to the hidden contents quoted above .  

https://tosavealife.com/faith/identity/can-you-love-your-neighbor-if-you-dont-eve-love-yourself/   2.  I have found out even more so just how much of a reboot of the International Church of Church , of Kip McKean , Gwen Shamblin's Remnant Fellowship is . Her groups name is even taken from ICOC buzz words .  Here are some references , for those who might not be familiar with this already .  

Hide contents

Hide contents

Well , just now , I discovered the final piece of the puzzle , linking Gwen Shamblin's teachings to that of Kip McKean . Check out this quote of his .  

https://www.cultwatch.com/iccquotes1.html  Gwen Shamblin Lara is just another Kip McKean , only in female form .  

Seeing that quote from Kip McKean with the word "flat" used that way brings up so many memories from when I was in that group.

• Upvote 3

I came across this new video that was posted on youtube today.

She does a pretty good job giving a 25 minute overview of Gwen Shamblin Lara, Remnant Fellowship and Weigh Down.  

I would say 98% of what she says is accurate.  (Gwen will look at the 2% of inaccuracies and tell her members the internet is full of nothing but lies about her and Remnant.)   

It's informative for those who don't know much about Gwen or her cult, yet also included some pretty funny quotes and video snippets too.  (She is convinced Gwen's hair is so big because she stores her ego inside of it.  I had to laugh.)

• WTF 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 5

Has Gwen ever said what her top weight was?  I'm just wondering if she was ever what most people would consider fat.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Has Gwen ever said what her top weight was?  I'm just wondering if she was ever what most people would consider fat.

I never saw a picture but I believe she claims she lost about 20 lbs. It has been awhile but that’s the number that I recall. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 4/24/2020 at 4:04 PM, Xan said:

Here are a couple of screenshots.  I don't know what's going on with their hair anymore.  I love the expression on Gwen's face in the second shot.

GJ4.24.20A.jpg

An executive producer at Netflix should take one look at this photo and immediately film a docuseries.

A perfect combination of the stranger-than-fiction genre (Tiger King) with the popular cult/guru genre (Wild Wild Country, Bikram, Holy Hell...) Millions would watch and collectively say WTF?!

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7

I really want to lift that hair and see what is under there. I also really don't.   It is a similar feeling as when as a child my mother would tell me not to touch something and of course I would. Then I'd cry and she'd remind me she told me I'd regret it.

But I still want to touch it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

In her WD book Diet book I believe she references a weight of about 105-110. I'd have to search the book (I still have an electronic copy), but I don't know if I'm up to it.

Edit* I just checked the book and she said "I ate only when I was hungry and lost all my weight within a few months, back to 105-110 pounds." Later in that same section she references losing a baby in her 8th month of pregnancy, yet she "went to God for comfort, not food" and lost "all her weight" again.

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

How tall is she?  With the hair and the shoes, it's hard to guess.  I figure the shoes give her about 6" and the hair has got to give her an extra 5"-6".  Joe's supposed to be 6'3" and when she stands next to him, he has about 6" or 8" on her, even with the hair and shoes.  So - is she even 5' tall?  I know she's insecure about her height.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have the silly shoes and even sillier hair.  And she and Remnant have done a good job of scrubbing the internet of anything that looks like real information.  

I'd be surprised if she weighed more than 85-90 pounds now, if that.  (This isn't about anyone's weight except Gwen's -- The Non-Eater For Jesus.  I'm comfortable in my own plump body and think everyone should weigh what they're comfortable weighing.)

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Xan said:

How tall is she?  With the hair and the shoes, it's hard to guess.  I figure the shoes give her about 6" and the hair has got to give her an extra 5"-6".  Joe's supposed to be 6'3" and when she stands next to him, he has about 6" or 8" on her, even with the hair and shoes.  So - is she even 5' tall?  I know she's insecure about her height.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have the silly shoes and even sillier hair.  And she and Remnant have done a good job of scrubbing the internet of anything that looks like real information.  

I'd be surprised if she weighed more than 85-90 pounds now, if that.  (This isn't about anyone's weight except Gwen's -- The Non-Eater For Jesus.  I'm comfortable in my own plump body and think everyone should weigh what they're comfortable weighing.)

She refers to a 5 foot two inch woman quite often throughout the WD Diet book, which leads me to wonder if she's around that height.

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, freefromthin said:

In her WD book Diet book I believe she references a weight of about 105-110. I'd have to search the book (I still have an electronic copy), but I don't know if I'm up to it.

Edit* I just checked the book and she said "I ate only when I was hungry and lost all my weight within a few months, back to 105-110 pounds." Later in that same section she references losing a baby in her 8th month of pregnancy, yet she "went to God for comfort, not food" and lost "all her weight" again.

7 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

She refers to a 5 foot two inch woman quite often throughout the WD Diet book, which leads me to wonder if she's not around that height.

According to this , a healthy BMI for someone 5′ 2 ” is between 101pounds and 137 pounds.  http://www.ideal-weight-charts.com/5-2-ideal-weight.html 

• Upvote 4

I went and looked at some pictures with people I know the height of and I think she is approx. 5’2”

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I have a friend of a friend of a friend who eats like Gwen but isn't RF.  She'll make half a sandwich for lunch and then eat half of that.  She'll go all day and eat only 2 carrot sticks and then not eat again until dinner (3-4 bites) on the second day. She drinks like a fish though. All of us who know her believe she is anorexic, but there is no talking to her.

She is barely 5'2" and weighs between 85-90 lbs. I know how much she weighs because she mentions her weight when she thinks she's gotten fat i.e., creeping up to 90. She'll cut back on eating then because she thinks she's eaten "too much" recently, thus the "fat" obsession.  

When I see photos of Gwen, her body size, stick thin arms and legs look the same as the woman I know.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

When Gwen wrote, you can change today, she meant that you can stop publishing daily devotionals. Nothing for two days but on FB we learn that Gwen is empty inside and loves it:

kuva.thumb.png.8c67568067d89ac18a688b32d941754f.png

Gwen Shamblin Lara

29 April at 16:10 ·

Day 6: This 20-day walk is exciting! So many people are losing weight! We are all going to get all our weight off now.

This woman is crazy. If we get all our weight off we are dead.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I'm 5'2" and vary between 110 and 125 (haven't actually seen 110 in a while though). If Gwen weighs more than 85 pounds, it's all in the implants. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

I’m 5’2” and weigh around 132. I wear a size 6. I’m small. I have a little tummy roll, souvenir from my 3 daughters. ?

Under 110 is all bones (and implants as @DaisyD states). With those heals, Gwen could easily fall and break her bones. 

• Upvote 5

If you went to the grocery store and bought the stuff that you had decided to buy you have sinned. 

If you went to the meeting and said what you had planned to say you you have sinned.

Gwen doesn't want you to know where you are going to go today and when you are going to eat. Gwen wants you to be a leaf fluttering in the wind, (helpless and weightless)

Spoiler

Letting Go of Control

May 04, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Turning to God means that you are letting go of your control. In the past, you decided what you were going to eat and when you were going to eat it and when you were going to shop and what you were going to buy—and when you were going to say something and whatever it was you wanted to say, and you did not care about what anyone thought.

When you come to True Christianity, you turn your focus and devotion up to God first and foremost every hour of the day. You are not just coming to Him and saying a prayer when you are eight years old and then running along and living the rest of your life with- out Him. We are talking about turning to God with a permanent minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour dependency. Your whole head position changes. Your knees bend. You are crying out to God for direction on when to eat and when not to eat. There is an internal control. Then you are crying out to God when you are shopping, or when you need the right words to say. You are crying out to God during the tests that He gives, which are frequent. This is a relationship that delights in “holy fear,” the respect of the living God—where, like Christ, we say… “not my will but Thine be done.” It is submitting to the authority over you. In this country, this idea is upside down, and those above do not realize it, but they are cowering to those below them—the boss is afraid of the employee suing him, the husband does not want to upset his wife, the parents do not want to run the children off, the youngest siblings get their way over the older ones because we do not want them to throw a tantrum, etc.

If you are under authority with God or His God-given leaders, you do not know where or when your authority will have you go, or when or what you are going to eat, but the peace that comes from connecting to your God, to your authority, is wonderful! You are walking in the Spirit.

Most people have been taught to not trust authorities. However, observe all the naturally Thin Eaters and the naturally thin children, and even all the animals in the wild. None of them have extra weight on them. There is nothing to fear about God’s way.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Hands up, how many of you would be so fucking fired if you didn't know exactly where to go and when on a typical workday, and if you decided to eat when it's not your break time?Screenshot_20200504-163049.thumb.jpg.8cd805a57a3d11a84cc1ae8505aa07b9.jpg

What if you call your boss and tell him that God wants you to work different hours and different place and you won't know in advance when and where?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I’m 5’2” and weigh around 132. I wear a size 6. I’m small. I have a little tummy roll, souvenir from my 3 daughters. ?

When I was 5’2” and weighed 132, I wore a size 13. Sizes were different back in the Pleistocene (circa 1970). No, I’m not bitter—why do you ask? ?

• Haha 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It is submitting to the authority over you. In this country, this idea is upside down, and those above do not realize it, but they are cowering to those below them—the boss is afraid of the employee suing him, the husband does not want to upset his wife, the parents do not want to run the children off, the youngest siblings get their way over the older ones because we do not want them to throw a tantrum, etc.

This is disgusting. No doubt that Gwen includes herself among the "above" authority that those "below" should submit to. She says as much in the next paragraph: 

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If you are under authority with God or His God-given leaders, you do not know where or when your authority will have you go, or when or what you are going to eat, but the peace that comes from connecting to your God, to your authority, is wonderful!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Don't focus on your body, focus on getting all the weight off your body.

Spoiler

Taking Care of the Body

May 05, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We can choose many things in this world to focus on that will wind up corrupting the soul. One such focus is an extreme focus on our bodies. We are simply not to be body focused—comparing ourselves to others.

Yes, we are to take care of the body. Taking care of the body is absolutely essential as a human being. We were made and given life, and it is not our right to destroy it. The body and soul and mind that you have been given are God’s and belong to God. In fact, another way to look at it is you are renting this body out and it is not your right to destroy it.

God designed mankind in His image; however, He made us all unique. What is the id.ö.eal body weight for one person is not the ideal body weight for another. God designed our systems so efficiently that when you eat according to hunger and fullness, your body will intuitively go to a natural size and remain there. By observing all body types in nothe world, you see that God made human bodies to appear on the slender side. Your body knows when the extra reserves have all been used up and you are down to the size and shape that God has assigned to you

By observing all the body types that God made, including the plump and the muscular, we will see that God wants you to be a stick insect.

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

another way to look at it is you are renting this body out

And who should I make my rent check payable to?  Oh, yeah, Gwen Shamblin Lara.  ?

• Upvote 3

So much non-Biblical teaching.  Like, she’s making stuff up left and right.  

Do pastors/theologians ever call her out?  Or is she so off in her own world; she’s not taken seriously* enough by non-Remnants to warrant criticism?  

*I’m not sure the grammar here.  “Is she not taken serious/seriously enough”

Edited by HereComesTreble
English is hard as a rock.
  • Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic