IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

Wowza. That time travel back to Larry King 1998 was really something. Gwen was only semi batshit. If Larry could see/hear her now?? Oy!

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Facebook:

It’s time to prepare for Passover! Begin to clean out the leaven/remove the sin in your heart. Let this be the best and most pure Passover yet. Please join us tomorrow night in God’s historical, long-standing Passover meal!

They're going to hold a gathering...? At this time?? To EAT?!!??

The constant blithering about "purity" is one of the most repellent aspects of hideous Gwen Shamblin Lara and her Remnant Fellowship cult. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

I can't find out if we've snarked on this before but fear not,  it's not new, it's an excerpt from a book that came out in 2000.

TL;DR: Eating is bad for you. People who eat are dead and depressed.

Spoiler

God’s Mighty Deliverance

April 07, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

…the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all the LORD’s divisions left Egypt.
Exodus 12:40-41

If you continue to be enslaved to food, then I promise that food will damage your body. Overeating is the number one cause of death and disease. How many eighty- or ninety-year-olds do you see who are overweight? Gorging yourself is killing your kidneys, liver, heart, and joints. It is straining your emotions, robbing you of happiness, and depressing you every day. It is enslavement, and I know you want out. We must dig deeper and find out how the God of the universe delivers and moves and thinks. Read the amazing book of Exodus and you will be moved by God’s power and His deliverance! He CAN restore your health and your body when you turn away from the enslavement of food. You do not want to miss YOUR exodus from obesity and dieting!

(Excerpt from Rise Above, by Gwen Shamblin)

How many elderly overweight people do you see, she asks. I suppose this was a rhetorical question and you are supposed to infer there are none. But here is a chart because I'm an annoying person.

Spoiler

kuva.png.67b8bcec412ae3ebd92f39f3cf113e22.png

kuva.thumb.png.90f499d75b4f5783ac9aebc0093395c5.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/158351/obesity-nearly-age-groups-2008.aspx

https://www.prb.org/unitedstates-population-bulletin/

Of course nobody is disputing that obesity contributes to several diseases that may limit your life span but it is also worth noticing that more elderly people may lose weight due to wasting diseases involving cachexia, such as cancer or Alzheimer's,  or  decreasing ability to take care of their nutrition because of dementia, decreased mobility,  poor economic circumstances and so on. Being thin doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy.

I am not certain what the number of years that the Israelites lived in Egypt has to do with any of this. As far as I am aware both people who live in Egypt and people who live elsewhere still need food to survive.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

How many elderly overweight people do I see, Gwen? Oh, for starters, my plus-size dad, who lived till 87, and my daughter’s grandmother-in-law, who lived till 94.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 8

Holy starvation. I've been a lurker for awhile but when I saw Gwen's name I couldn't believe it. My mom guilted me into joining a Weigh Down class at the church we attend back in the mid 90s. I immediately was put off by her videos and cassette tapes and workbooks.  My mom gave it a try for a few weeks and then dropped out herself and so did everyone in the class because she was just so weird. We'd all grown tired of watching the weekly video tapes and listening to her drone on and on. I think we assumed she'd lose followers and fade away into obscurity.  Needless to say it was shocking to see she now has her own church. And WTF she's married to Tarzan now? Wow.

• Upvote 14

Again, if we've snarked on this before I can't find it but we're still quoting from the same book, published in 2000. There is a reference to "this behavior modification" that seems to call for a previous paragraph but this is all that we have been treated to today.

For some reason comments are off in this post.

kuva.png.4b05246ce2d9a629aed9fa7522462d39.png

Lift your hands up high, higher than Gwen's hair.

TL;DR: God beats you up because He loves you. Don't be greedy, unless you're Gwen.

Spoiler

A Harvest of Righteousness

April 08, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

God uses this behavior modification to get us to choose right living. But we are such babies and easily discouraged with discipline instead of correctly interpreting His punishment as love.

Hebrews 12:5b-11 says:My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

A harvest of righteousness versus a harvest of head hunger. I hate the “out-of-control” feeling! When you give in to your desires, your greed grows with each passing year, and it will continue to grow as long as you “feed” it—until you are given over. It could be the lust of the eye, the pride of life, or the lust of the flesh. If you have not been in a true Cross-centered church, you probably have not learned self-denial, and you may find yourself in a prison of pleasing self.

Cross-centered self-denial is mere Christianity—the essence of True Religion. After you become convicted in WeighDown, you need to stay on your knees. When you leave one idol or behavior, you must fill it with a new behavior that is focused on God.

Life on WeighDown seems like a daily punishment. Staying on them all the time must be very hard for your poor knees, walking up the stairs would be a struggle,  and I couldn't  even reach the top shelf of the fridge. The only thing that would get easier is blowjobs.

When you leave one idol or behavior, you must fill it with a new behavior that is focused on God.

Wait, what? You must fill an idol with a behavior? You must fill a behavior with a new behavior? How do you fill a behavior? This doesn't even begin to make sense.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 8

Elizabeth’s second oldest daughter on the far right looks like a mini Gwen and it’s freaking me out. Pale makeup, big hair (not as big as Gwen’s!), and it even looks like she’s wearing Gwen style heels. She even stands like Gwen. That girl can’t be any older than 12. But she looks so much older.

772A6DB9-955E-4BBF-ADA5-4BBD20C563E9.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

She doesn't give a damn for social distancing.

Screenshot_20200408-223620.thumb.jpg.9049c5dec788d26affa181cff49361c2.jpg

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6

i suspect that for Gwen there is a whole lot of passing over food in her Passover meal. 

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

She doesn't give a damn for social distancing.

It looks like maybe they are not holding service? Their palm Sunday was livestreamed, but in the clips I can see on the screens it looks like the people performing are not standing six feet apart at all. 

WTF do the RF members do because they all seem to live in really nice houses. 

• Upvote 10

So on today's exciting episode, we are once again, advised to not be greedy (overeating) or greedy for money, ect, ect.  Now, me?   My only focus is on Gwen's HUGE rock of a diamond ring she has on her left hand as she's saying this.  You just gotta know, he did NOT pay for it.  Next, I always giggle at Joe's far away look, as he expounds on  biblical matters, all the while looking like has a serious case of  gas.  Just my take.  Oh, and I see that stupid 'shining the light' song is back up again.  Michael is nominally talented.  Honestly?  Joe has a much better voice.

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Thank You 5

On 4/4/2020 at 11:25 PM, Scrappinmac said:

I just saw her latest Instagram post. It's signed "Gwen Lara", instead of "Gwen Shamblin Lara". Is she moving toward changing her history by changing her name?

lara.thumb.JPG.14654ea42274ca2cba80be7588bf5229.JPG

Ever notice the way she says 'donkeys"?  In a recent video she did.  "DAWN-KEYS"   *snicker*

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

WTF do the RF members do because they all seem to live in really nice houses. 

From what we’ve gathered over the years, not all of the cult members are rich. But they are expected to look like it. Therefore they likely spend a large portion of their money on looking rich. Which means clothing, home decor, and accessories. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of RF cult members were heavily in debt. They aren’t keeping up with the Joneses. They are keeping up with the Shamblins. Which is much worse.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what we’ve gathered over the years, not all of the cult members are rich. But they are expected to look like it. Therefore they likely spend a large portion of their money on looking rich. Which means clothing, home decor, and accessories. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of RF cult members were heavily in debt. They aren’t keeping up with the Joneses. They are keeping up with the Shamblins. Which is much worse.

....there is also a specific aesthetic. Shockingly it is the one that Exodus Industries specializes in! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Today we learn that everyone outside RF has a deranged relationship with food. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200409-132043.thumb.jpg.1d428c6920b65d589bb27f52484b8b6d.jpg

Somehow I would get more friends, more money, more energy and raise my children better if I stopped eating. 

A better marriage too (how come Gwen is divorced?)

I can't find this in the threads but this is from the WeighDown Works book so not new.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

42 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

A better marriage too (how come Gwen is divorced?)

Pretty sure I'd end up divorced if I started existing on diet coke and licking chips. I would be so damn cranky no one would want to be around me. Gwen has to feel bad all the time because of her diet. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Pretty sure I'd end up divorced if I started existing on diet coke and licking chips. I would be so damn cranky no one would want to be around me. Gwen has to feel bad all the time because of her diet. 

Unfortunately I think she’s fairly used to it. And if she’s feeling too bad, she can have half a glass of wine and she’s probably more than buzzed. I bet it doesn’t take much to get her drunk.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, Victorianroses said:

So on today's exciting episode, we are once again, advised to not be greedy (overeating) or greedy for money, ect, ect.  Now, me?   My only focus is on Gwen's HUGE rock of a diamond ring she has on her left hand as she's saying this.  You just gotta know, he did NOT pay for it.  Next, I always giggle at Joe's far away look, as he expounds on  biblical matters, all the while looking like has a serious case of  gas.  Just my take.  Oh, and I see that stupid 'shining the light' song is back up again.  Michael is nominally talented.  Honestly?  Joe has a much better voice.

These jerks need to stop being fake Jews. Also it's bizarre how they pretend that Easter is just a postscript. The superficiality of the jibberish-filled "message" of Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship cult is an insult to both history and religion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

17 hours ago, Victorianroses said:

Joe reads the passage about Passover when each household is killing a lamb, putting the blood of the lamb around the door frame, and then eating the lamb "in haste".  Gwen says, "Joe -- how beautiful is that, huh?"  And he answers, "Amazing."  It's always the little filler comments that I find amusing.

And Gwen says that they ate unleavened bread that didn't have time to rise.  She says you need to "get out of your sin quickly.  Don't let it have time to rise."  What??  She also says that, during the exodus, people were getting out of the "glitter of Egypt".  

You gotta love how she's always dragging the conversation back to being skinny.  She talks about how terrible it is to be "in slavery to sin" and to be "caught up in obesity, caught up in drunkenness, caught up in the love of money, caught up in sexual sin, caught up in the pride of life..."   Oh, Gwenny.  You might have fought off that demon of obesity but that love of money demon has got you by your scrawny neck.

• Upvote 9

Eating quickly is beautiful now? I thought she wanted people to eat slowly. Or is it the bloody doors that she loves?

Wait what, the glitter of Egypt? Slavery is the new luxury?

Maybe Joe finds it amazing that people had a good meal.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Slavery is the new luxury?

Gwen lives on an former plantation, so she may be picking up on that historical vibe.  She probably has her sheeple working for free around the estate, in addition to turning over part of their own paychecks.  Nothing new under the sun, I guess, except I hope there are no bloody doorframes.  Eek!

Are we getting closer to the Fritos from Heaven delusional?  ?

• Upvote 6

I have a lot of wrong ideas about Jewish festivals thanks to my miseducation while in Remnant. This week I wished my (actually Jewish) friend a happy Passover and joked that I would be coveting some of his roasted lamb while Im in isolation eating canned soup (we ate roasted lamb every year at Passover in Remnant). Well, it turns out that most Jews have not practiced the lamb part of the seder meal since the destruction of the temple, since, as I have now been told, the Jewish law apparently requires the lamb to be sacrificed at the temple by a real priest, not in Brentwood by a Jewish-wannabe Christian woman. Oops. 

Of course, Gwen has never had any compunctions about saying that she interprets Jewish laws more accurately than Jews. She says they misinterpreted Jesus and their own festivals. It is truly arrogant for an American dietician to think she interprets translated ancient texts more accurately than theologians who have studied those texts their whole lives in the primary language.  But that’s Gwen. She’s more right about Judaism than Jews, more right about history than historians, more right about science than scientists. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I just had to Google Exodus Industries and their aesthetic.

Wow -- over blown, over designed, over done, faux "klassy" but actually tacky, my look how rich we are (want people to think we are). One of the reviews calls it a "signature look ... that is timeless & classy."

The reviews are all from RF members -- are they required by Gwod to use Exodus? The employees are all RF members, including the company architect (married to a Jost) and some husband/wife duos. I recognized sooooo many faces, especially the young man/boys Gwen encourages to quit/forgo college, quickly find an RF girl/agree to an arranged match, and marry before they hit 21.  I always wondered where those boys worked.

The business is touted as woman owned --  or should we say Gwod owned.  Does she still or is this one of the things she had to give up in the divorce? (ssshhh, sssshhh, don't ever mention that again)

Interesting tidbit -- Exodus Ind has the same address (different suite) as Brandon Hannah Properties. I wonder if Gwod or maybe the Days own the building? Tiffani Day's gushing review mention Exodus Ind working on their office complex.

O

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Don't eat, don't watch TV, don't shop (unless your name is Gwen)

Spoiler

Delivered Me From Death

April 10, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Psalm 56:13

Enslavement to any master other than God – whether it is food calling your name, or TV commanding your attention, or lust controlling you, or shopping occupying your heart and mind – is still enslavement. Enslavement is a part of our nature. We are all attached or enslaved to SOMETHING, and we are good slaves — we know how to devote our time, attention, and passion to something! But when you are embracing the food or any other worldly idol, you are embracing something that will drain the life out of you…these idols will NEVER love you back. Think about it. We read in the book of Exodus that God’s children, the Israelites, were in bondage to a wicked master, the pharaoh of Egypt, who did not care whether they lived or died. Your idols don’t care whether you live or die…but God does, and He wants to give you LIFE!

(Excerpt from Rise Above, by Gwen Shamblin Lara)

She's right about one thing, it's best not to embrace the food.

It ruins the food and your clothes.

kuva.png.8707f7b69d64e2a2ff53b89025edd73f.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I just had to Google Exodus Industries and their aesthetic.

Wow -- over blown, over designed, over done, faux "klassy" but actually tacky, my look how rich we are (want people to think we are). One of the reviews calls it a "signature look ... that is timeless & classy."

The reviews are all from RF members -- are they required by Gwod to use Exodus? The employees are all RF members, including the company architect (married to a Jost) and some husband/wife duos. I recognized sooooo many faces, especially the young man/boys Gwen encourages to quit/forgo college, quickly find an RF girl/agree to an arranged match, and marry before they hit 21.  I always wondered where those boys worked.

The business is touted as woman owned --  or should we say Gwod owned.  Does she still or is this one of the things she had to give up in the divorce? (ssshhh, sssshhh, don't ever mention that again)

Interesting tidbit -- Exodus Ind has the same address (different suite) as Brandon Hannah Properties. I wonder if Gwod or maybe the Days own the building? Tiffani Day's gushing review mention Exodus Ind working on their office complex.

O

Do you are not technically required to use EI but HIGHLY encouraged to. I knew of people who would get other contractors to do work and it would be judged....”why didn’t you use a brother in Christ and support them?”

same crap if you used a non remnant Real estate agent. There was always the expectation to use Brandon Hannah at first or one of the various other agents. 

Most of the businesses that are associated with Remnant are located in one warehouse with different suites...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

For a minute, I thought it said “Exodus International”(the now-defunct “ex-gay” organization)and I thought, “Why would Gwen be involved in that?”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic