IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's not so long ago that Gwen said medicine doesn't work but now she says anorexics should still see a real doctor. So I guess that's something.

It's probably more along the lines of a disclaimer to absolve herself of legal responsibility. She doesn't actually mean it.

We've heard plenty of stories from past members about the peer pressure from RF members as well as the inner circle. In print it says see your doctor but in reality if you're still seeing your doctor, do you really trust Gwod and the WD process? I can't even imagine how morally bankrupt a person would have to be to prey on someone with an ED. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6

Demonstrating a completely unsurprising lack of self-awareness, Gwen says that obsessing about thinness is wrong. 

Spoiler

Freedom from Eating Disorders

May 21, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The way to end the entire nightmare cycle of eating disorders is to get to the root problem—you have a desire to go against the will of God and it must stop. The way to end this is to transfer your passion for food—or in anorexia, for too thin of a body—to passion for God. What the diet industry has done in this country has resulted in years and years of deprivation and harsh treatment of the body from man-made rules. The deprivation that I am referring to comes in two basic forms. It is either a caloric deprivation—for example, counting calories every day—or food category deprivation, for example, no sugars or fats. Caloric deprivation causes you to starve off the fat until you just can- not take it anymore. You then eat everything in sight. Americans have been known to consume thousands of calories in binges. In the last post, we addressed the focus and the vicious cycle that results.

The second area of deprivation is caused by the prolonged abstinence from certain food groups. Typically, the average weight-reduction diet eliminates breads or sweets or fats, and some eliminate all sugars, flour, and so on. This constant refusal to give the body a nutrient it is calling for will ultimately result in a binge and then guilt-ridden secret rendezvous with this “bad” food—but the rules you break are man’s, not God’s, so the resulting guilt is false guilt. This was a result of following man’s rules, but do not get caught up in feeling guilty. By following that diet that left out these nutrients, you thought what you were doing was righteous, but it was man’s rules— you feel guilty not following the diet and then you also feel guilty, though, from a binge that is basically driven from the wrong kind of self-denial. Self-denial must always be from God. For example, it is wrong to punish yourself with a fast. A fast should be something you feel God leading you to do for spiritual reasons. Over the centuries, various religions would lay burdens on other people, trying to get them to punish their body—but it was man-directed and not God- directed. After years of purging, some people seem to automatically throw up after a meal. This is reverse peristalsis. Your body is confused, but it will return to normal forward-moving peristalsis as you reverse the focus.
Some of you have spent years in therapy and rehab units; these rehabs only make you more self-focused. It is time to turn to God through Jesus Christ who can help you through this. We will address more of this topic tomorrow.

She thinks her body is calling for sugar. 

• Thank You 5

The description under Life with Gwen and Joe this week:

One of Satan’s sneakiest lies is the one that tells you, “I just cannot love God the way that Gwen and Joe do.” The truth is that Gwen and Joe are people just like you, with personal interests and fun memories and heartfelt challenges! Once you understand that Gwen and Joe Lara are regular people—albeit people who have found this incredible relationship with the God of the universe—then you realize that you can absolutely imitate their love for God so that you, too, can make Him your everything! In this very special episode of Life with Gwen and Joe, the Laras open up to tell you “what they’re all about”—everything from flying, to places they love to visit, to fun stories from the past

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

“I just cannot love God the way that Gwen and Joe do.

I think Gwen means "God cannot love you the way he does Gwen and Joe"

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Nobody can love God like Gwen and Joe love Gwen and Joe.

The smug is very strong in this one. How can anyone be so full of themselves to claim that even SATAN uses you as his measuring stick, as his gold standard of godly?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

If you exercise you're making things worse and you're forced to try to undo what you did.

Gwen is seeing everything through her eating disorder again.  Some odd hyphenation included.

Spoiler

How to Stop Bingeing/Purging

May 22, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Many years of dieting can breed the “starve-binge-purge” cycle. The purge is an attempt to eliminate from your system the calories that you took in from the binge or food that you have been led to believe is “bad for you” or “too high in fat.” Purging takes many forms. Some examples are vomiting (bulimia), fluid pills (diuretics), laxa- tives, or exercise. Do you not see that all of these actions are the re- sults of your trying to fix everything? Your path is destructive, and with every step you take, you are forced to try to undo what you just did. And what you just did was supposed to have been the solution—instead, every step made it worse!

So what is the root of the problem? It is what your heart is depending on! And purging is not some disease or obsession. It is all a consequence of your lust for food. From that perspective, here is the cycle: You have a passion for food rather than God. That passion for food leads to overeating. Overeating leads to overweight. Overweight leads to dieting. Dieting does not address your misplaced passion, and deprivation while on this diet explodes in a binge. The ensuing guilt can take you in two directions:

You can repent (turn back to God), ask for His help, and sim- ply wait until your body empties again. You may feel too full, and it may take a while before you feel hunger again, but do not worry—you will be fine. You must practice being dependent on God. If you call out to God, He can give you the peace you need and the feeling of control you are looking for—with no guilt. In other words, God can make you feel better than purging!

Or you can bypass God, try by your own power, and return to your control method—which is actually extremely unhealthy— and purge again. This second option is obviously scary and never-ending, because it does not address or uproot the lust for food, so you need to imagine doing this until you have burned up your esophagus and your teeth with the acid in your stomach. It is a horrible decision and has severe consequences.

The dates of the devotionals have been one day off for a while now.

• Thank You 5

11 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

The description under Life with Gwen and Joe this week:

One of Satan’s sneakiest lies is the one that tells you, “I just cannot love God the way that Gwen and Joe do.” The truth is that Gwen and Joe are people just like you, with personal interests and fun memories and heartfelt challenges! Once you understand that Gwen and Joe Lara are regular people—albeit people who have found this incredible relationship with the God of the universe—then you realize that you can absolutely imitate their love for God so that you, too, can make Him your everything! In this very special episode of Life with Gwen and Joe, the Laras open up to tell you “what they’re all about”—everything from flying, to places they love to visit, to fun stories from the past

The video is so bizarre.  Joe says, "If Jesus was here and saw how Gwen was alive, He would be pleased with her."  Also, "...you are so loved and respected by your contemporaries, by your peers."  Gwen replies, "Thank you, Baby."

Gwen:  "It's called companionship because it's truly compatible."  (What??)

They talk about Gatlinburg, TN.  They say that "some of the family" has cabins there.  So they've got houses in Gatlinburg too?

Gwen starts out every day "talking to God -- praying about what to wear.  I'm literally...um, I'm always looking to get off myself so it kind of helps just to go ahead, get dressed, and then forget yourself.  I kind of like that.  It's like, don't worry about it. Second guess anything... But, it depends on what we're doing.  I mean, I can get as sloppy as anybody and I love to get in work clothes and work around the house..."

Here's a screen shot of when she was talking about work clothes.  She's in platform sandals, the little black dress, a white shirt with what looks like French cuffs, and one glove.  All these years, I've been doing "work clothes" wrong apparently.   I guess it's because I don't pray every morning about what to wear.

494680156_Gweninworkclothes.jpg.cd0bd674cb1bfb185d571b32a9808eb9.jpg

Joe says that Gwen knows how to "identify God's personality" and takes those things that make it fun to go to church.  Gwen jumps in and says that her church is all about "trying to let God know..hey, this is the one place on earth, the one little sanctuary he's asking for where there are people just in love with him first.  So, we're just trying to make God look good.. And we want to make sure...God are you happy with us?"  (So Gwenny thinks that the only church to put God first is hers?  What an ego.)

Screenshot of Joe helping Gwen to get onstage in her big shoes.  Can her legs get any thinner??

1984384688_Gwengettingonstage.jpg.4391537a1f792db33829a1d81b26662b.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

11 hours ago, Xan said:

"...you are so loved and respected by your contemporaries, by your peers."  Gwen replies, "Thank you, Baby."

they always love to talk about how much Gwen has sacrificed in order to do what God is telling her to do, how much her reputation has suffered but she only cares what God thinks and not what people think. Im sure eventually Joe will gain enough skill to stop mixing up the message they are trying to sell...

11 hours ago, Xan said:

Here's a screen shot of when she was talking about work clothes.  She's in platform sandals, the little black dress, a white shirt with what looks like French cuffs, and one glove.  All these years, I've been doing "work clothes" wrong apparently.   I guess it's because I don't pray every morning about what to wear

Yeah you’d think a prophet would have been able to predict that she should wear work clothes to labor in. Unless the work only lasted a few minutes and was just staged for social media... ???

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:48 PM, Concerned1954 said:

Once you understand that Gwen and Joe Lara are regular people—albeit people who have found this incredible relationship with the God of the universe—then you realize that you can absolutely imitate their love for God so that you, too, can make Him your everything!

This is the way that Lizard People talk to try and fool you. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Gwen may read here after all because she got the date right for today's devo. It was online rather late so she might have had a  hard time finding out what the correct date was. 

TL;DR: Eat pecan pie. It is more righteous to cook with lots of fat. If you feel good after eating that pecan pie thou hast sinned, because pecan pie is a thing on this Earth.

Spoiler

How to Start Over with New Hope!

May 24, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Remember, you are not a failure. You have not overcome overeating because you have applied the wrong medicine to this condition. It is time to start over with new hope. You can change your heart’s focus. And do not be afraid, because you should only fear missing the guiding hand of God for what He wants.
Also remember, do not focus on what people think. Stop allowing people to judge you when you are eating pecan pie or regular foods of any kind. Every time you find yourself wondering what people think, turn your attention straight upward to God and look only for His approval. Similarly, stop feeling self-righteous when you have pulled the fat out of a recipe and made the food behave. It is time to relearn how to be righteous—do things God’s way—by making your heart and mind behave.
Understand that the behavior you are tackling is overindulgence. Overindulgence leads a person to desire something on this Earth to make him feel good. Our loving God will give you this feeling so that you no longer have to look for it from things on this Earth.
It is time to direct that desire upward toward God to let Him fill you, for blessed are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness.

If you can make your food behave I think you may be eating your meat a little too fresh.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen may read here after all because she got the date right for today's devo. It was online rather late so she might have had a  hard time finding out what the correct date was. 

TL;DR: Eat pecan pie. It is more righteous to cook with lots of fat. If you feel good after eating that pecan pie thou hast sinned, because pecan pie is a thing on this Earth.

Hide contents

How to Start Over with New Hope!

May 24, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Remember, you are not a failure. You have not overcome overeating because you have applied the wrong medicine to this condition. It is time to start over with new hope. You can change your heart’s focus. And do not be afraid, because you should only fear missing the guiding hand of God for what He wants.
Also remember, do not focus on what people think. Stop allowing people to judge you when you are eating pecan pie or regular foods of any kind. Every time you find yourself wondering what people think, turn your attention straight upward to God and look only for His approval. Similarly, stop feeling self-righteous when you have pulled the fat out of a recipe and made the food behave. It is time to relearn how to be righteous—do things God’s way—by making your heart and mind behave.
Understand that the behavior you are tackling is overindulgence. Overindulgence leads a person to desire something on this Earth to make him feel good. Our loving God will give you this feeling so that you no longer have to look for it from things on this Earth.
It is time to direct that desire upward toward God to let Him fill you, for blessed are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness.

If you can make your food behave I think you may be eating your meat a little too fresh.

Don’t focus on what people think about what you are eating....except everyone at Remnant is totally judging when and how much and what you are eating.  

I just still don’t understand how Gwen and I have read the same bible and she came out of it with the idea that God is obsessed with everyone being skinny.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

No devo today because it's daily only when Gwen feels like it. 

This from FB:

kuva.thumb.png.151332ad7eac7eb573919d863add0510.png

I'm probably not reading this like she wants me to...

Gwen: Starve yourself today like it's your last chance!

AG: Hm, if there is no tomorrow it doesn't matter if I'm gaining weight or eating healthy so I can stuff my face with whatever I want to, however much I want to.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

Question. How can two young 20 somethings afford a $555,000 home? Hanna is the daughter of the woman that's a remnant veteran and sister of Tedd Anger.

5100 Prince Phillip Cove, Brentwood, Stonehenge; Buyer: Hanna C Petralito and Anthony E Wheeler; Seller: Sheila J Moore; $555,000.

https://www.redfin.com/TN/Brentwood/5100-Prince-Phillip-Cv-37027/home/87889206

https://www.williamsonhomepage.com/real_estate/just_sold/just-sold-property-transfers-recorded-as-of-april-10-2019/article_e3813d93-f302-59ca-8ba3-a35a457773fd.html

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3

On 5/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, Xan said:

The video is so bizarre.  Joe says, "If Jesus was here and saw how Gwen was alive, He would be pleased with her."  Also, "...you are so loved and respected by your contemporaries, by your peers."  Gwen replies, "Thank you, Baby."

Gwen:  "It's called companionship because it's truly compatible."  (What??)

They talk about Gatlinburg, TN.  They say that "some of the family" has cabins there.  So they've got houses in Gatlinburg too?

Gwen starts out every day "talking to God -- praying about what to wear.  I'm literally...um, I'm always looking to get off myself so it kind of helps just to go ahead, get dressed, and then forget yourself.  I kind of like that.  It's like, don't worry about it. Second guess anything... But, it depends on what we're doing.  I mean, I can get as sloppy as anybody and I love to get in work clothes and work around the house..."

Here's a screen shot of when she was talking about work clothes.  She's in platform sandals, the little black dress, a white shirt with what looks like French cuffs, and one glove.  All these years, I've been doing "work clothes" wrong apparently.   I guess it's because I don't pray every morning about what to wear.

494680156_Gweninworkclothes.jpg.cd0bd674cb1bfb185d571b32a9808eb9.jpg

Joe says that Gwen knows how to "identify God's personality" and takes those things that make it fun to go to church.  Gwen jumps in and says that her church is all about "trying to let God know..hey, this is the one place on earth, the one little sanctuary he's asking for where there are people just in love with him first.  So, we're just trying to make God look good.. And we want to make sure...God are you happy with us?"  (So Gwenny thinks that the only church to put God first is hers?  What an ego.)

Screenshot of Joe helping Gwen to get onstage in her big shoes.  Can her legs get any thinner??

1984384688_Gwengettingonstage.jpg.4391537a1f792db33829a1d81b26662b.jpg

What on earth is that last outfit? Does it have a sheer panel to a drop waist or am I seeing it wrong? 

• Upvote 2

We get two devotionals for the price of one, and neither answers the question in the title.

The one with yesterday's date was not there this morning.

We learn that your heart pounds because God is telling you what to buy, and that exercise is bad for you if it's at all uncomfortable. If anything is painful it's wrong to do it. (So, marathons are out of the question I suppose)

Gwen says we should sleep when we're sleepy and sit down if our feet hurt, and this is how we know that she has never had a job.  How many of us can sleep while we should be working? 

(with those shoes, I bet her feet hurt ALL the time)

Spoiler

How to Sense Internal Controls

May 25, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

When you start the journey, it is not uncommon to have no idea about what your internal senses are telling you. If you have never looked for the Voice of God from within or from without, you might not know what to look for. For those trying to learn what to buy when you are shopping or trying to figure out when have you spent enough, when your heart pounds, it is to warn you, or your heart may pound when God wants you to speak up. Who would have known that God uses different ways to wake you in the night? Samuel was a young boy and yet he finally learned it was God calling him in the night.

For those trying to learn how to sense what the body is calling for, you need to realize how much man-made rules block you from sensing what you need. Why is it hard to select foods? As a child, you ate what your mother cooked for you; when you went to school, you ate what the public government schools prepared and demanded that you eat; as you got older, you started dieting and ate what the latest program or magazine told you to eat. In fact, have you ever sensed what you wanted? If so, it was probably early in your life. More about this tomorrow!

How to Sense an Internal Leading

May 26, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Apart of living a righteous life is to have respect for how God made the body. Listen to the internal cues as all animals do. If you are thirsty, drink. If you are hungry, eat. If you are sleepy, sleep. If you are sick or tired, rest as the body cues you, and if your feet hurt, sit down. Listen and respond to digestive tract movements. When I am really tired, I get completely horizontal—no pillow—so my heart can rest. I learned this from responding to what felt best for my body. If something is painful, do not do it—like overexercising. Just work up the muscles slowly. Avoid too much sun. It is wrong to inflict pain on your body. Be wise and you will protect your bones and your body the rest of your life. The answers are within. This fact helps a child to become secure, mature, and dependent on God, and independent of man. In general, people like to be told what to do so that they do not have the responsibility of finding the leading of God for themselves. Dieters as a rule no longer trust themselves and have the impression that they will binge if given freedom.

Here is what you need to do… start with prayer—calling out to God for His lead and His Spirit of “self-control,” for His wisdom from within on what to eat, when to start and stop, when to spend resources and when to speak. We will continue on this topic tomorrow…

This was also added in between to fill up the missing dates. But it wasn't there on the 23rd or 24th.

How to be healed from eating disorders and how to stop starving yourself, she asks, and her response is that you need to starve yourself on WeighDown, and get bored with foods.

Spoiler

How to Be Healed from Eating Disorders

May 23, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You can be completely set free from eating disorders. Let us not Band-Aid the symptom, though; let us go straight to the root. The Weigh Down approach to eating is absolutely the answer to it all.
Here is the way to break the cycle:

Stop dieting and starving or purging to fix the binge or any over- eating. Replace it with hunger and fullness. The result will be no deprivation as you wake up today and know that as soon as you get hungry, you will be able to eat.

Replace the intensive desire to eat with an intensive desire for God, and the bingeing will end. As a result, the bulimia will subside. By reintroducing yourself to regular foods, you will not only learn to eat them with control, but the so-called “forbidden foods” will lose their appeal after a while.

A certain sense of peace comes with knowing that whenever you get hungry, you may have that food. Again, as we have stated before, your body has incredible biological feedback for variety. Once you have had enough of that one food, you will not want it again for a while.

I don't know why they bother with filling up the missing dates because it just shows a few devotionals at the same time on the main page so nobody would even notice after a while.

• Thank You 7

From Facebook: if you have ever eaten, SHAME on you!!!

Day 13: Stop for a moment and be ashamed. Philippians 3:19b “their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.” When people no longer feel shame, they lose their ability to change. Shame returns when you realize that God and everyone can see your sin. There is no hiding it.

• Upvote 5

Today we learn that God gives your body  feedback about what your body is calling to eat. This is super easy because it's innate and biological and programmed into you, and also super difficult because this biology is buried, forgotten, suppressed, masked, covered, concealed and imaginary.

Spoiler

Resurrecting Internal Control

May 27, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

To learn to sense God’s internal leading, let us use the example, once again, of eating, since we all have to eat. What your body is calling for or what your body wants to eat is innate; it is programmed into each person and each animal. Internal control is buried and forgotten under years of other people trying to control you. It has been suppressed because you have tried to please other people and eat what they want you to eat. This internal control is masked now under lustful desires, birthed from years of denial created by man and fears that you will be malnourished—again, suggestions made by man. It will take an education about God’s eating plan to resurrect this internal control. By absorbing this truth, you can be set free from years of man-made rules that have had no value in getting the weight off nor helped your overall health. You can resurrect this buried, covered, and concealed biological feedback and redevelop this innate, God-given ability to sense what your body is really calling for. This is truly the healthiest way to eat!

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

On 5/26/2020 at 9:29 AM, AmazonGrace said:

For those trying to learn what to buy when you are shopping or trying to figure out when have you spent enough, when your heart pounds, it is to warn you,

This sounds like an addiction fueled adrenaline rush

On 5/26/2020 at 9:29 AM, AmazonGrace said:

...when you went to school, you ate what the public government schools prepared and demanded that you eat...

Gwen is coming in hot with the government control propaganda. Public schools aren't "demanding" that children eat school lunch. There's no monitor watching to make sure that every bite of evil, fattening, government food is being consumed. 

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It has been suppressed because you have tried to please other people and eat what they want you to eat.

What the hell? Who eats to please someone else?

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This internal control is masked now under lustful desires, birthed from years of denial created by man and fears that you will be malnourished—again, suggestions made by man.

This is the nonsensical rambling of a fat and calorie starved brain. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is the nonsensical rambling of a fat and calorie starved brain. 

I hate that I can comprehend what she means and follow her train of thought after years of being exposed to her tangents and loaded language ? 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

The awesome thing is no one can ever prove her wrong.

If you lose weight while on WeighDown it proves that God makes you thin.

If you gain weight  it proves that Satan makes you fat.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Gwen is coming in hot with the government control propaganda. Public schools aren't "demanding" that children eat school lunch. There's no monitor watching to make sure that every bite of evil, fattening, government food is being consumed.

Actually , in the public / state school I had attended , immediately preceding when my mother decided to homeschooling me herself , there were cafeteria monitors , a mother in law , daughter in law team .  Only , besides yelling at us to be quiet , they would try to ensure that we would consume what items of food they deemed to be top priority first .  You see , we were only allotted by them 15 minutes to devour our lunch , don't ask me why , and so much of the meal would end up going into the trash . 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

Actually , in the public / state school I had attended , immediately preceding when my mother decided to homeschooling me herself , there were cafeteria monitors , a mother in law , daughter in law team .  Only , besides yelling at us to be quiet , they would try to ensure that we would consume what items of food they deemed to be top priority first .  You see , we were only allotted by them 15 minutes to devour our lunch , don't ask me why , and so much of the meal would end up going into the trash . 

I agree that it's high handed behavior but I doubt that they were hired by the government to specifically enforce food consumption in a particular order. Additionally, not every child attending public school eats the school provided lunch and instead bring food from home.

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, Xan said:

She's also gotten Joe a Jeep without doors.  I'm not sure I understand why that's a good thing.  I've lived in Florida before.  It rains.  There were brief storms on summer afternoons that we called monsoons.  You couldn't see the car in front of you.  Also - bugs.  Also - not safe.  WTH?  And the last picture shows Gwen's ridiculous make-up.  What's going on with her eyebrows?

doorless jeep.jpg

To the bold, that is normal. Jeep doors come off. Typically, when the doors are off the top is off too. Think of Daisy Duke Jeep in the Dukes of Hazard.

I have friends with jeeps and they cover them and drive a different vehicle when it rains or it on a soft top (with doors) for cool or wet days. In the winter, they put the hard top and doors on.  Many also drive with the doors on but top off (topless).

2D4FD68F-5DC8-4370-B11F-021C21955D92.jpeg.233fbf85703fbe88d520737ea590a181.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

It actually used to be very common to have lunch monitors making sure you ate every bit of the nasty government food. I was in elementary school in the 1970s and it was a big thing. I brought my lunch, but I saw many a kid get in deep trouble for trying to shove spinach into their milk carton, lol. So she's not completely crazy for that very particular comment, she just hasn't realized that time marches on. 

Edited by katilac
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic