IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

In these troubled times, filled with  disease, death and anxiety, it will be a relief to you to know that God is excessively concerned about your recent hair loss, and will faithfully protect you from food.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

15 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Do you have a link to this show? 

15 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Do you have a link to this show? 

Sorry about that, still learning how to navigate this site.  :)  Note how he doesn't even explain away Gwen's absence.  I'm pretty sure he's grateful for it. 

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

No daily devotional so far so let's see what Gwen is up to on Facebook.

She who does nothing but think about food all day believes  everyone has more free time now that a deadly pandemic is sweeping the earth. 

Notice the big-ass font on GWEN LARA and the tiniest letters on God and Christ.

kuva.thumb.png.19f8943128b0018a1f00e90d9c28227e.png

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 4

There is an RF wedding scheduled for tomorrow, Sat 3/28.

Surely with social distancing and warnings about large gatherings, this wedding will be postponed.

I mean, not even hunger, the growl and being skinny can protect you from COVID-19.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No daily devotional so far so let's see what Gwen is up to on Facebook.

She who does nothing but think about food all day believes  everyone has more free time now that a deadly pandemic is sweeping the earth. 

Notice the big-ass font on GWEN LARA and the tiniest letters on God and Christ.

kuva.thumb.png.19f8943128b0018a1f00e90d9c28227e.png

And you just know,  the 'slow down' she's referring to is in your eating.  So yeah, Uh, God allowed these extra hours of pandemic, to slow down in our eating patterns.    BIg Ass lettering duly noted.  sigh....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

There is an RF wedding scheduled for tomorrow, Sat 3/28.

Surely with social distancing and warnings about large gatherings, this wedding will be postponed.

I mean, not even hunger, the growl and being skinny can protect you from COVID-19.

Does TN have stay at home orders or no more than 10 people suggestion? Last I knew that governor was dragging his (?) feet on doing anything. A report earlier said people were still in bars on music row in Nashville. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

Today's devotional lists some clever ways God uses to keep you from eating,  like disgusting food, forgetful waiters, empty bags of chips, jars that are hard to open if you lost all your muscle mass due to starvation.... In Gwen's world the main function of children and phone calls from friends is to distract you from eating.

She should update because she forgot a few cool tricks that God has added to his repertoire recently:

Being unable to eat because the grocery store shelves are empty.

Being unable to eat because it is too dangerous to go to the grocery store, for fear of infection

Being unable to eat because all the restaurants are closed.

Being unable to eat because you're dying of the corona virus.

Being unable to eat because you're in quarantine and nobody delivered any food to you.

Being unwilling to eat because the corona virus messed with your sense of smell and taste

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Does TN have stay at home orders or no more than 10 people suggestion? Last I knew that governor was dragging his (?) feet on doing anything. A report earlier said people were still in bars on music row in Nashville. 

In answer , here is what I have found out .  

The governor stopped short of outright banning large gatherings like some other states, but said he is 'strongly discouraging' events and gatherings of 250 people or more as a step to limit COVID-19 exposure.

"Heading into the weekend, many Tennesseans will be making decisions regarding faith gatherings and church attendance. Congregations and groups are urged to consider alternatives to traditional services by utilizing livestreams, pre-recorded messages and other electronic means," he said.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/gov-lee-strongly-discouraging-gatherings-of-250-people-in-tennessee/51-872deb3d-4980-4a13-9841-a68bee051d7c  And , as for my home state , of Ohio , among certain other states , while Gov. Dewine has discouraged people from holding church services , during this time of quarantine , he has issued an exemption to them .  { https://www.newsweek.com/church-sunday-service-open-despite-coronavirus-covid19-health-advice-social-distancing-1493756 , https://www.patheos.com/blogs/rationaldoubt/2020/03/why-are-ohio-churches-exempt-from-the-group-gathering-ban/  ,  https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/church-during-coronavirus-states-differ-on-exempting-worship-from-closures.html } 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's devotional lists some clever ways God uses to keep you from eating,  like disgusting food, forgetful waiters, empty bags of chips, jars that are hard to open if you lost all your muscle mass due to starvation.... In Gwen's world the main function of children and phone calls from friends is to distract you from eating.

She should update because she forgot a few cool tricks that God has added to his repertoire recently:

Being unable to eat because the grocery store shelves are empty.

Being unable to eat because it is too dangerous to go to the grocery store, for fear of infection

Being unable to eat because all the restaurants are closed.

Being unable to eat because you're dying of the corona virus.

Being unable to eat because you're in quarantine and nobody delivered any food to you.

Being unwilling to eat because the corona virus messed with your sense of smell and taste

I believe that this falls under mystical manipulation .  https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/mystical-manipulation-creating-undue-awe-by-planning-the-miraculous/  

2. Mystical Manipulation

The claim of divine authority or spiritual advancement that allows the leader to reinterpret events as he or she wishes, or make prophecies or pronouncements at will, all for the purpose of controlling group members. Lifton: "The inevitable next step after milieu control is extensive personal manipulation... Initiated from above, it seeks to provoke specific patterns of behavior and emotion in such a way that these will appear to have arisen spontaneously from within the environment... ...Ideological totalists...are impelled by a special kind of mystique which not only justifies such manipulations, but makes them mandatory... They are the agents 'chosen' (by history, by God, or by some other supernatural force) to carry out the 'mystical imperative,' the pursuit of which must supersede all considerations of decency or of immediate human welfare. Similarly, any thought or action which questions the higher purpose is considered to be stimulated by a lower purpose, to be backward, selfish, and petty in the face of the great overriding mission... At the level of the individual person, the psychological responses to this manipulative approach revolve about the basic polarity of trust and mistrust. One is asked to accept these manipulations on a basis of trust (or faith)... When trust gives way to mistrust... the higher purpose cannot serve as adequate emotional sustenance. The individual then responds to the manipulations through developing... the psychology of the pawn. Feeling himself unable to escape from forces more powerful than himself, he subordinates everything to adapting himself to them. He becomes sensitive to all kinds of cues, expert at anticipating environmental pressures, and skillful in riding them in such a way that his psychological energies merge with the tide rather than turn painfully against himself. This requires that he participate actively in the manipulation of others, as well as in the endless round of betrayals and self-betrayals which are required. But whatever his response...he has been deprived of the opportunity to exercise his capacities for self-expression and independent action.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/NXIVM/esp11.html  

• Upvote 2

The only reason I believe Gwen was not on camera was she had some sort of cosmetic procedure and she was not camera ready. (ie a peel)

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4

Newest Life with Gwen and Joe is up.  I'll stick a link in the spoiler.  "Adam and Even:  Cutting through the confusion."

Spoiler

Too bad about that Covid virus.  Gwen is back and she's seriously talking again about not eating. (Talk about being tone deaf...)  She apparently thinks we get our dieting advice from the story of Adam and Eve.

Joe asks why people "fall for" eating when they're not supposed to.  Gwen answers, "I really believe that it is, that what makes everyone fall is that confusion.  Because you've got it coming from both sides.  God said, "don't eat it".  Satan said, "did God really say that?  I mean, he didn't... that's not what he really meant.  That's not what God means.  ....So, did God really say it?"  So, I think the confusion is did God really say it?  So, when you're at that temptation ... did God really say it?  I think that's the whole thing.  (I'm distracted now by Joe coughing...)  So when you're sitting there with that food and like, did God really say "not one more bite"?  Did God really say "not one more bite"?  (Yes, she repeats it.)  So why did God really say it?  Here's the problem.  God really DID say it and if you continue in it ...  (Here she rambles on and starts talking about Jesus -- "is he the Christ or is he not the Christ?  And did the Pharisees think he is the Christ?  I mean the negativity was out there...".  She's saying that negativity surrounds the word of God and that sometimes people will say "is that person right or is Gwen right?"  Surprise.  She thinks Gwen is right.)

Joe opines on what a master illusionist Satan is.  Gwen eventually starts talking about how "focus on the self" will kill you.  (Isn't that what the whole dieting thing is, though?)  She rambles about journaling and about how not focusing on the self will help solve worry and all those panic attacks.

Thank God, Joe drags it back to Adam and Eve.  (He really IS in training to fill her Minnie Mouse shoes, isn't he?)  Gwen adds that everyone has "good hearts" and that they will "get that weight off this year".  Again, he has to interrupt her and he pulls it back to talking about the Weigh Down system.

If it's possible, she looks even thinner this week.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Gwen, see a doctor about whatever makes your ass hurt:

Spoiler

image.png.c4f87481344c0622e9282bfd33b77e65.png

And, besides Adam and Eve, Snow White gets in there at about the 8 minute mark.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

In these troubled times, we all need spiritual leadership, comfort, encouragement and perspective.  Fortunately Gwen is here to weigh in  (can she actually weigh in, as thin as she is?) and tell you that God wants your devotion, by which she means that  God will curse you if you eat. 

Gwen's God has a  really narrow focus. Devotion is just another word for starvation.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

Two things that I focused on during the Adam and Eve video.  First:  Gwen now encourages journaling, and writing down what you eat, what triggers you to eat, what places you eat in, ect, BUT I clearly remember sitting in classes when she started out in the late 90's, and her saying "Do you really want to have to write down every single bite you put in  your mouth?  That's dieting, That's "Egypt" not freedom"!!!!......................................uh huh.

Next, has anyone seen those newfangled Q-tips?  The ones with the big fat cotton swab head? Yes, those ones.  Bingo.   Spot on.  Or, you can substitute a massive cone of cotton candy straight out of the drum.

PS:  I bet it feels like that from all the dye. :)

Man, am I bored. 

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Xan said:

Newest Life with Gwen and Joe is up.  I'll stick a link in the spoiler.  "Adam and Even:  Cutting through the confusion."

Reveal hidden contents

Too bad about that Covid virus.  Gwen is back and she's seriously talking again about not eating. (Talk about being tone deaf...)  She apparently thinks we get our dieting advice from the story of Adam and Eve.

Joe asks why people "fall for" eating when they're not supposed to.  Gwen answers, "I really believe that it is, that what makes everyone fall is that confusion.  Because you've got it coming from both sides.  God said, "don't eat it".  Satan said, "did God really say that?  I mean, he didn't... that's not what he really meant.  That's not what God means.  ....So, did God really say it?"  So, I think the confusion is did God really say it?  So, when you're at that temptation ... did God really say it?  I think that's the whole thing.  (I'm distracted now by Joe coughing...)  So when you're sitting there with that food and like, did God really say "not one more bite"?  Did God really say "not one more bite"?  (Yes, she repeats it.)  So why did God really say it?  Here's the problem.  God really DID say it and if you continue in it ...  (Here she rambles on and starts talking about Jesus -- "is he the Christ or is he not the Christ?  And did the Pharisees think he is the Christ?  I mean the negativity was out there...".  She's saying that negativity surrounds the word of God and that sometimes people will say "is that person right or is Gwen right?"  Surprise.  She thinks Gwen is right.)

Joe opines on what a master illusionist Satan is.  Gwen eventually starts talking about how "focus on the self" will kill you.  (Isn't that what the whole dieting thing is, though?)  She rambles about journaling and about how not focusing on the self will help solve worry and all those panic attacks.

Thank God, Joe drags it back to Adam and Eve.  (He really IS in training to fill her Minnie Mouse shoes, isn't he?)  Gwen adds that everyone has "good hearts" and that they will "get that weight off this year".  Again, he has to interrupt her and he pulls it back to talking about the Weigh Down system.

If it's possible, she looks even thinner this week.

Who EVER told her she should be a public speaker, let alone a prophetess??? her ramblings are so disjointed, nearly incoherent.   She pisses Joe off.  You just know she does.   As the years ensue, and she gets crazier, I like to imagine him, in the beginning and end of videos, now twirling her VIOLENTLY and dropping her on the floor, her hair and shoes askew, and at the end of the videos the 'outtakes' are him giving her noogies on that huge noggin and perhaps letting go a long huge fart (ala StepBrother scene during the job interview) while Gwen is trying to hold his hand and look into his eyes, all romantic like.  :)

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Fortunately Gwen is here to weigh in  (can she actually weigh in, as thin as she is?)

Very good. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gwen, see a doctor about whatever makes your ass hurt:

I think it's one of 2 things:  really really massive hemorrhoids or she has no padding (zip, zero, nada, zilch, none) on her butt and it's incredibly painful to sit on skin and bones.

In that photo she's sitting on her hand as if contact with the pillow is too painful to bear.

Life with Gwen and Joe was so much more tolerable when It was "Life with Joe"

Edited to add:   If you think Gwod and Elizabeth are thin, check out Lily Peters, who married one of the Fischer sons in 2017 (they both look 15). Her extreme thinness is evident on the Remnant wedding page in the 2017 album as well as the photos of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and receptions.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

In that photo she's sitting on her hand as if contact with the pillow is too painful to bear.

She shoved it under there and kept it there for a while. Then I guess she realized that wasn't a good look and took it out. But I imagine it is a habit, so she must be experiencing pain in that thigh or buttock. Or, it could be a habit because her hands are always cold (another issue for people with eating disorders).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, Xan said:

I just think for Gwod, it's symbolic of her inability to let go of youth.  In her own mind, I imagine she thinks she's really about 25 or 30 and sexy as hell

Older women can be sexy too, but there's no delusion that 60 that is 30. Gwod is definitely delusional and her getups make her look older and terrible. I agree she probably thinks she can compete with a 30 year old.  In some ways, I was more matronly when I was younger, so while I may be more stylish now, it definitely has nothing to do with inability to let go of youth,as it does with Gwod. 

• Upvote 6

These can be tough days but remember not to eat! It is so much fun to be thin! If you eat now you will spend several days in misery!   Write down all your reasons to avoid eating and pretend God did it all to help you! If you can not-eat it's a sign God loves you!  God gets bored easily so He does weird stuff! 

This starvational was brought to you by Pro Ana Gwenonymous.

I used to be underweight about three children ago but I never thought of it as 24 hours of fun a day. I did not spend my time rejoicing in my thinness. It was just a fact of life, and this is Gwen's eating disorder speaking. Please,  all say hi to Gwen's eating disorder.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

These can be tough days but remember not to eat! It is so much fun to be thin! If you eat now you will spend several days in misery!   Write down all your reasons to avoid eating and pretend God did it all to help you! If you can not-eat it's a sign God loves you!  God gets bored easily so He does weird stuff! 

This starvational was brought to you by Pro Ana Gwenonymous.

I used to be underweight about three children ago but I never thought of it as 24 hours of fun a day. I did not spend my time rejoicing in my thinness. It was just a fact of life, and this is Gwen's eating disorder speaking. Please,  all say hi to Gwen's eating disorder.

I am loving "starvational".

I haven't followed Gwen as long as I've followed the Duggs and JillRod.  Is she always this on-message?  It seems really tone deaf to be preaching diet right now.  Maybe she's worried that the Remnants will all be home eating and by the time the congregation assembles In front of Our Lady of The Diet Soda they'll all be fatty fat fat and make her look bad.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

As far as I can tell she's had the same repetitionals on a semiregular rotation for a few years now, and besides nods to some annual holidays or celebrations she's not really responsive to anything going on in real time.  I've been reading them daily for more than a year now and there's never anything in them that reacts to the news of the day. There could be famine and pestilence and the earth could be crumbling around her and she'd still be a cheerleader for thin.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Xan said:

Is she always this on-message?  It seems really tone deaf to be preaching diet right now. 

I don't actually think she can have a discussion about anything but dieting. She just repeats the same devotionals year after year, but even in her weekly videos she can't seem to do anything but talk about how great being hungry is. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

"Starvationals" and "repetitionals"  - excellent.

How about "anorexials?"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I recently went back through all my old Remnant emails and found some buried treasures. I was collecting all the old emailed sermons and messages from Gwen that were in my email archive. I tried to use them to train a deep learning AI to write like Gwen writes, but I didn’t post the results because I only met with middling success and the results weren’t as funny as I had hoped (it’s hard enough to get an AI to write in sentences, and even harder when the source material you train it with has as much incorrect grammar and spelling as Gwen’s emails, with randomly capitalized words strewn around). 

Anyways, at least I found some entertainingly crazy stuff. I’m just not sure if I would be violating the privacy rules if I posted it. I tried to message a mod about it a while back but never got an answer; Im assuming I messaged someone who was too busy and forgot. Im not trying to go over their head or bug them, I just never got an answer. So if any mods or helpmeets read this thread, do you think I would be allowed to post these old Gwen messages? I originally thought the messages had been emailed to the entire Remnant (around 1000 people at that time, iirc), but upon closer inspection I see that they were emailed to me by other Remnant members after originally having been posted on a private message board that the whole Remnant (again, about 1000 people at that time, including me) had access to. The messages are all signed “Gwen” and none of them include the comments of anyone else or anyone trying to be anonymous. Thanks for any guidance. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic