IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 12: Gwen says something I can't understand.

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Title sums up Gwen's every utterance.

Continued from here...

Thanks @formergothardite for the thread title.

That picture is just so Gwod.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

From the latest "Life with Gwen and Joe":

1902251976_Gwenwithlittlegirl.jpg.8cf822dc08e57bbb2b19571811974e63.jpgWhy is she showing this little girl her diet book?  Run, little girl!  Run!  Run fast and run far!

Gwen's hair is particularly spectacular here.  It defies reason.

She also put a big chunk in this middle of this video of her wedding again.  She has totally spoiled the music from "Cinderella" for me.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9

Today's devo is tiny and devoid of substance, just like Gwen's meals. She tells you to eat less food slower, like any other diet, but this also has an irrelevant mention of  God who apparently cares about the size of your tableware. Your plate should be smaller, or it could be big, she doesn't know.  (But I assume you must have a plate.) She thinks you can't taste flavors if you eat normally, and for some reason we can't understand you need to "learn to eat regular foods". (I suppose replacing dangerous veggies with junk food may take some getting used to. )

I know I have read this before but can't be bothered to go looking for it in the old threads. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200219-111952.thumb.jpg.77ecedb1d8dabe728401e71984de2e53.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's devo is tiny and devoid of substance, just like Gwen's meals. She tells you to eat less food slower, like any other diet, but this also has an irrelevant mention of  God who apparently cares about the size of your tableware. Your plate should be smaller, or it could be big, she doesn't know.  (But I assume you must have a plate.) She thinks you can't taste flavors if you eat normally, and for some reason we can't understand you need to "learn to eat regular foods". (I suppose replacing dangerous veggies with junk food may take some getting used to. )

I know I have read this before but can't be bothered to go looking for it in the old threads. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200219-111952.thumb.jpg.77ecedb1d8dabe728401e71984de2e53.jpg

She is an idiot. When I am starving once I get food I inhale it. That is a pretty typical response. When I eat at regular intervals through out the day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) I tend to eat slower (if I am not trying to rush off to an event). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Okay so I got home and had better Google-fu on wifi than on mobile. So I found out that today's devotional was posted on January 21 last year. With a small difference. (You might have @formergothardite to thank for it)

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32002-gwen-shamblin-5-she-is-a-shit-writer/?do=findComment&comment=1715546

Last year @formergothardite  wrote:

Today's devotional still has not mention of God. What sort of daily devotionals leave out God? Oh, the ones that are there to get you to worship Gwen! 

And now the devo was posted with an additional sentence in the beginning that mentions God (it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the content though).

Getting back to the Basics will help you focus and tune into this all-important relationship with God.

But hey, God got a mention.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

There is thin and then there is Remnant Thin (trademarking that term).

Remnant Thin is about not eating so that you look good superficially.  Health is not the goal.  You must look good in the Remnant designated clothes of the day.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

There is thin and then there is Remnant Thin (trademarking that term).

Remnant Thin is about not eating so that you look good superficially.  Health is not the goal.  You must look good in the Remnant designated clothes of the day.

Remnant thin just looks like emaciation to me.  Gwen looks terrible and her daughter is skeletal.  Honestly, the daughter looks like she's about one good stomach virus away from being hospitalized.  Why doesn't anyone intervene?  Although, even as I type this I realize that the cult is under a mass delusion.  Everything has gotten normalized over time.  Reading about the fundies and living through this particular time, I'm beginning to understand more and more the power of slow normalization of aberrant behaviors.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Xan said:

Remnant thin just looks like emaciation to me.  Gwen looks terrible and her daughter is skeletal.  Honestly, the daughter looks like she's about one good stomach virus away from being hospitalized.  Why doesn't anyone intervene?  Although, even as I type this I realize that the cult is under a mass delusion.  Everything has gotten normalized over time.  Reading about the fundies and living through this particular time, I'm beginning to understand more and more the power of slow normalization of aberrant behaviors.

There is something called a civil commitment , but the legal issues surrounding it is complicated . { https://eatingdisordersreview.com/involuntary-hospitalization-for-anorexia-nervosa/ , https://www.mdedge.com/psychiatry/article/106736/eating-disorders/imposing-treatment-patients-eating-disorders-what-are , https://inquireblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/anorexia-nervosa-ethical-dilemma-of.html , https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/appi.ajp.157.11.1806 }  An example would be the case of this YouTuber , named Eugenia Cooney , who some may have heard about . 

• Thank You 3

I can’t help but wonder what the Covid19 would do to the thin, underweight, unhealthy immune system of Miss Gwen and any of the many dangerously thin followers.  I was never so happy about a few extra pounds fighting cancer a couple of years ago.  I lost 50 plus pounds being unable to eat much and still came through the other side with my health.  What happens to those with not an ounce of extra weight or unhealthy eating habits licking Doritos and downing multiple diets cokes.  

Edited by Reallyhatefakes
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

There is another thread on FJ titled, "If I ran a cult..."  It's so interesting, and I've been thinking about Gwen and how it must have been when she first started formulating her cult.   Here is the rough draft (note some things didn't quite work out):

Have a thin husband.

Have a thin daughter.

Have a thin son.

Push young marriage.

Assemble a color-coordinated congregation.

Focus on God, not food (but always talk about food).

Market, market, market those books.

Be an example of lifelong marriage.

Avoid materialism.

Acquire a thin [second] husband.

Film happy, twirly, videos to prove how wonderfully well covenant marriage is going.

Show videos of thin covenant husband presenting happy facial expressions to world.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

I haven't really been active on here for the last few months cause I needed a break from all things RF for my mental well-being, so hello to all. Ex-RF member here for those who are new. I wanted to pop on to share an updated photo of Elizabeth, who is seen here looking as though she has gained some weight! Of course she is wearing her signature color, black, so there isn't much to see...

I caught up on most of what was shared by you lovely folks in the last few months too. Might as well answer a few questions.

1. Someone had asked how soon Remnant will try to marry off Grace (eldest grandchild of Gwen) and I know that she has already started dating. 2. Another person asked who the heir of Remnant will be, and I know Gwen has always been prepping Elizabeth for it but it's quite possible that has changed. 3. A few people discussed the Remnant Weddings page and their posting schedule. They don't actually post "upcoming weddings" until they receive the testimonials from the bride & groom so sometimes when the bride & groom are busy (or procrastinate), they only get their testimonials in a week before their wedding. Once I saw a wedding announcement posted the day before the wedding. I know of at least four engaged couples right now so there certainly is no shortage.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.36.03 PM.png

Edited by Fashion Forward
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

FB: We don't need no education, teachers leave them kids alone!

Spoiler

Your children do not need money or worldly education more than they need to see you with the fear and love of God.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

FB: We don't need no education, teachers leave them kids alone!

Hide contents

Your children do not need money or worldly education more than they need to see you with the fear and love of God.

How about cell phones and expensive clothing? Do kids need those things? Why does Gwen's granddaughter need those things? Always so many questions with RF.

• Upvote 5

Where or where to begin?  I have been lurking here since I stumbled onto this site.
 :)

I have, like many others, became acquainted with Gwod (love that) and Weigh Down in the late 90's.  Funny, as much as I wanted to lose weight this way, and I had more to lose a few pounds I just could not do it..  I thought, it must be me.  Look at all those former fatties that are now svelte!!  I don't have enough faith, enough love, whatever.

thing is, i have realized over the years, that yes, this is exactly like another diet.  SO many rules to follow!  and to top it all off, if you contact there office and get one Jenni Mendyl, who is the phone 'counselor' it will blow your little mind!

She can be nice.............soft sweet demeanor.......tiny little voice.............well, probably b/c she doesn't have the strength to speak up unless provoked, due to  malnutrition

anyhow, i digress.  I was desperate to lose a few pounds a few yrs back, and so contacted and got her on the phone yet again.  By now, she was familiar with my name.  She has also sent me various RF materials and at one point, I should consider moving to TN and  joining their cult.

I did some research.  About the Trinity thing.  Jesus is not God, just his Son, specially chosen.  In other words, fully human, just like us.

hmmmm.................so I asked her.  "Hey Jenni, do I REALLY have to believe and agree with this whole Jesus isn't God, and the Trinity deal?  I mean, I have my beliefs and respect yours, but I just want to lose some poundage, not forsake my beliefs"

Well...it got quiet.  Very quiet.    I'm like "Hello?  Jenni?  You still there"?  Next thing I know?  BAM!    She was the mouse that roared!  She just belted into the phone "YES!!!  YES YOU DO HAVE TO BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE!!!!"

Me:  But why?  Why do I have to believe what you believe to lose weight?"

her explanation:  "BECAUSE YOU JUST DO, THAT'S ALL!!

so, I'll save the other 'counselors' that were 'assigned' to me over time, to turn  me around with long crazy phone calls.  It feels good just to get this off my chest.

Edited by Victorianroses
forgot sentence
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

My opinion is that she wants to make Jesus human so people will understand that God uses ordinary humans and turns them into prophets -- like Gwod!  If you believe in the Holy Trinity then you might realize that Gwen is just another regular human who has no direct channel and no more authority to make rules than you do.  

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

I haven't really been active on here for the last few months cause I needed a break from all things RF for my mental well-being, so hello to all. Ex-RF member here for those who are new. I wanted to pop on to share an updated photo of Elizabeth, who is seen here looking as though she has gained some weight! Of course she is wearing her signature color, black, so there isn't much to see...

I caught up on most of what was shared by you lovely folks in the last few months too. Might as well answer a few questions.

1. Someone had asked how soon Remnant will try to marry off Grace (eldest grandchild of Gwen) and I know that she has already started dating. 2. Another person asked who the heir of Remnant will be, and I know Gwen has always been prepping Elizabeth for it but it's quite possible that has changed. 3. A few people discussed the Remnant Weddings page and their posting schedule. They don't actually post "upcoming weddings" until they receive the testimonials from the bride & groom so sometimes when the bride & groom are busy (or procrastinate), they only get their testimonials in a week before their wedding. Once I saw a wedding announcement posted the day before the wedding. I know of at least four engaged couples right now so there certainly is no shortage.

Glad to see Elizabeth looking healthier!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

This is the facial puffiness of a late-stage bulemic. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, Xan said:

My opinion is that she wants to make Jesus human so people will understand that God uses ordinary humans and turns them into prophets -- like Gwod!  If you believe in the Holy Trinity then you might realize that Gwen is just another regular human who has no direct channel and no more authority to make rules than you do.  

Rejecting the trinity is also part of Gwen’s...I forget what Marmion calls it...but basically Gwen’s doctrine that humans need to strive for perfection if they want to go to heaven. If Jesus is the same as God, then his perfect obedience to God isnt special, because everyone agrees with themselves. But if Jesus isnt the same as God, then Jesus’ perfect obedience to God is now an amazing feat, an example to the rest of us humans that we can obey God perfectly and never sin again. So rejecting the Trinity is important to Gwen’s teaching that everyone needs to have a 100% pure heart, never giving in to or overindulging in lust, greed, gluttony, or anything else, ever, for the rest of their lives. Rejecting the trinity in order to use Jesus as an example of perfect obedience is also important for all of her teachings about the “authority line,” another teaching which gets stressed a lot because Gwen is conveniently at the top of God’s supposed authority line on earth. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Yesterday we learned  that you should not eat if it's meal time but you're not hungry. Today we learn that you should not eat if you're hungry but it's not mealtime.   

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200221-113611.thumb.jpg.7ccaab54315823bd316d3ef597757d8a.jpg

Gwen doesn't mention God but I am going to.  She's been telling you that hunger is God telling you when to eat, so here she's telling you it's okay to disobey Him so you get skinnier. 

This has been your Pro Ana Daily, previously posted Jan 28 2019.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Glad to see Elizabeth looking healthier!

Oh, I thought this was an old picture. 

I just passed an Exodus Industries van driving next to me and thought of my free hunger friends. ?

• Upvote 2

Fun Friday! Anyone ever notice the RF steeple looks like a peni...........? Didn't know if that was a naughty word for here. :wink: 

I'm not a theologian but what are the chances that a satanic spirit or demon is attached to Gwod? Like a Jezebel spirit? Leave out the stereotype that Jezebel means someone is a floozy, she actually displays a few of the other characteristics. I can imagine a spirit not having much need for food, hence why she looks so sickly and doesn't care. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

Didn't know if that was a naughty word for here. :wink: 

It's okay.  You can say penillion or peninsula here.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

34 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

Didn't know if that was a naughty word for here. :wink: 

FJ say naughty words?! NEVER. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

I think the steeple is ugly, but I find the RF church building rather gaudy. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic