IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

I just don’t understand why you would post about it after. Personal Facebook page? Maybe. Random followers. Why? Seems like asking for criticism and exposing your kid...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

If she’s going to shove her kids outside all day all summer long she needs to learn proper hydration (which does not necessarily mean water).  Also perhaps change up the schedule and send the kids out early morning and late evening and keep them in during the hottest part of the day.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

If she’s going to shove her kids outside all day all summer long she needs to learn proper hydration (which does not necessarily mean water).  Also perhaps change up the schedule and send the kids out early morning and late evening and keep them in during the hottest part of the day.

When my kids were little, our back yard was supper shady in the morning, so they could play back there on even the hottest of days. Once the sun passed over the trees we were inside, usually until after dinner, unless we went to the city pool or a friends house that had a shady yard in the afternoons. 

• Upvote 5

As someone with environmental allergies/asthma and constant head exhaustion, this isn't a joke. It should be taken more seriously. Most people think I'm making it up. Mostly because I keep going even if I feel like I'm going to faint. It's not because I want to keep going, the best I can describe it is like a diabetic when their sugar levels get too low and they don't understand what's going on around them. I've gotten to point where I feel like I'm going to pass out but I just can't stop myself from continuing any activity. Most people would sit down, have some water, relax for a few minutes but after a certain point I just can't. Sadly, it happens a lot. I've been know to pass bench after bench, even restaurants to just relax and have a bit and some water. Nope it's like my body goes into energizer bunny mode and I just keep walking. Almost passed out on a boat before. I knew I shouldn't have gone snorkeling as long as I did and I knew the sun was strong but did I wear a hat? Nope. Spent the whole day laying on a boat bench trying to keep it together. This is just my experience. So I'm not even sure how long that kid was outside for. I don't believe a word she says. She's been shown as not the most attentive mom.

On a funny note: all my friends think I should live in a bubble. As long as the bubble has wifi and netflix :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

I don't think it's fair to expect kids to know their limits if an adult like you, @OyToTheVey has difficulty expressing/respecting them even with experience behind you.  I'm glad Khai is okay and I hope this is a wake-up to Sierra and Mark about keeping a closer eye on him in the heat to prevent something like this (or worse) from happening again.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I don't think it's fair to expect kids to know their limits if an adult like you, @OyToTheVey has difficulty expressing/respecting them even with experience behind you.  I'm glad Khai is okay and I hope this is a wake-up to Sierra and Mark about keeping a closer eye on him in the heat to prevent something like this (or worse) from happening again.

Exactly! And that’s another reason why Sierra has too many children: she cannot adequately look after each and every one of them. There are so many tasks she needs to accomplish, she has to cook, clean, go shopping, do the laundry, let alone homeschool (yeah, I know, she shouldn’t do that at all!)... there’s no way she can be as attentive to every little one as she should. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 12

I'm going to cut Sierra some slack here. I had heat exhaustion a few times as a kid and I wasn't neglected or not taken care of it just came on super quick. It's entirely possible that she was being attentive and caught it before it turned into something worse. If he was at the hospital for a few hours given IV fluids and sent home it sounds like it could have been a lot worse. 

I also think the we don't sweat like AT ALL may have been a slight over exageration not an indication of an actual condition. More of a we sweat less and the heat is harder on us. 

Last but not least I also won't pick on her calling heat exhaustion heat stroke. I grew up hearing heat exhaustion being called heat stroke or sun stroke. And I think it was fairly common to use the terms interchangably there's definitely more separation now. But it's not like Sierra has ever proven to be super detail oriented or focused on accuracy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

"Momma Girl." I cringe everytime. 

It is cringeworthy! 

If they would sometimes say it as a joke, whatever. It’s not my sense of humor, but I wouldn’t care. But Sierra constantly refers to herself as “momma girl” and now Mark has become daddy boy. That’s some infantilizing and weird shit right there. 

ETA: And the wording choices seem to be an indication for the odd dynamics they have in their family. The over-emotional, the breakdowns, feeling overwhelmed... it somehow fits into this picture, although I couldn’t exactly pinpoint why. I just feel it fits somehow. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• 3 weeks later...

It's weird but one thing if she calls herself Mama-girl. But to believe that her children call her Mama-girl is something else. I would never call my mom that in a million years and I held on to "mommy" for longer than most people. My MIL is known as Mama to her now-adult children but Mama-GIRL? Truly boggles the mind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

It's weird but one thing if she calls herself Mama-girl. But to believe that her children call her Mama-girl is something else. I would never call my mom that in a million years and I held on to "mommy" for longer than most people. My MIL is known as Mama to her now-adult children but Mama-GIRL? Truly boggles the mind.

In a story recently one of the little ones clearly asks "Can we call Daddy-Boy?" And she tells him later. For some reason Mama-Girl is way less creepy than Daddy-Boy to me ?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:28 AM, Grace said:

In a story recently one of the little ones clearly asks "Can we call Daddy-Boy?" And she tells him later. For some reason Mama-Girl is way less creepy than Daddy-Boy to me ?

Probably because we are used to infantilising grown women by calling them 'girls', but don't tend to call adult males 'boys'. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Just a thought. What if her husband would come home and say "how's my (daughter's name) girl"?  How's my Susie girl?  So the kids picked up on that and started calling her "Mama girl".  I've heard of kids calling their mom "honey" because that's what they heard the husband call her. Then the whole thing grew to "daddy boy". 

I don't like it but it's possible.

• Upvote 1

On Khai’s birthday post (which was actually personal), again a present signed from daddy-boy and momma-girl. So odd.

What I really came to say was how infuriating it is to see a backyard party with no masks or social distancing. We have nothing of the sort where I live because we are in a pandemic, and people take it seriously!

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

Sierra is clearly drowning in the weight of her responsibilities. Instead of taking a life raft (sending her kids to school, sensible child spacing), she keeps grabbing more things to weigh her down. She needs to simplify, not add on. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Don’t they already have a dog? So now they have 3? Or did they get rid of the other one?

SMDH...

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Didn't they have a hamster?

I forgot about that animal. They have (or had) a guinea pig as well.

• Love 1

y'all remember that puppy she had that she put in a starbucks cup?! holy shit now they got TWO more puppies?!

• Upvote 2

Ooh, she should get chickens and maybe a miniature donkey or two.  Just spitballing here, but think of the instagram potential!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

She doesn’t give any details about whose puppies they are but the post is an advertisement. They are definitely not hers to keep.

• Confused 1

They have an older dog, the coffee cup dog (which they got last July) and the guinea pig. 

She hasn't officially updated on these two puppies, but during her cooking story she says "can you hear the puppies? They're saying they're hungry too" which if she's not keeping them is a weird thing to say. 

Also I will not be surprised if she's pregnant again by Christmas. Her youngest will be turning one next month, does anyone have the timeline on her usual spacing? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Screenshot_20200822_002027.thumb.jpg.cbbfea0cef5965affd7bdc6dcd7048cc.jpgScreenshot_20200822_002044.thumb.jpg.00821e01480521ac13f708ce111ddcda.jpg

As a former animal professional, holy litter mate syndrome bat man, and also please for the love of all that is holy do not tell me those are doodles. Is Littermate syndrome not enough?????

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic