IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 17: Proud parents to Lauren's hat...and Bella

HerNameIsBuffy

Spoiler

5EB6E315-5C63-48BC-B82C-616C46470E3E.thumb.png.f7cdda7d465d4bc38f0644023858c64a.png

Spoiler

A58CF770-AA6C-4FAD-88F4-68965918B8B7.thumb.png.d8f899ed79c3594e0995a5b641db80bd.png

Is it wrong that I wanna smack those hats off the wall? And then off her head. BEC but it’s just so pretentious!  Then  hat on inside and propped up on your head so it doesn’t even give you sun protection...

that baby is all duggar.  Lucky for her it’s in a good way. She is beautiful.

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

On 4/18/2020 at 8:16 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Or Jana could go on "America's Got Talent"...she is a concert pianist, after all. 

Or they could go all Brady Bunch and have a variety hour (Jana on piano, howlers scratching violins, little girls vocal group), and an animated "Little Duggars" series with branded lunchboxes, change purses, ugly Garanimals...

On 4/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, Bethella said:

John David has a commercial license, both single and multi engine plus a flight instructor’s license for single engine.

Josiah has a private license, single engine only.

Jeremiah has a commercial license, single engine only.

Austin has a private license, single engine only.

I thought JD did flights for IBP, like taking people to Big Sandy

• Haha 7

On 9/4/2020 at 6:47 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Hide contents

5EB6E315-5C63-48BC-B82C-616C46470E3E.thumb.png.f7cdda7d465d4bc38f0644023858c64a.png

Reveal hidden contents

A58CF770-AA6C-4FAD-88F4-68965918B8B7.thumb.png.d8f899ed79c3594e0995a5b641db80bd.png

Is it wrong that I wanna smack those hats off the wall? And then off her head. BEC but it’s just so pretentious!  Then  hat on inside and propped up on your head so it doesn’t even give you sun protection...

that baby is all duggar.  Lucky for her it’s in a good way. She is beautiful.

How the heck else do you want her to store her hats? This is a pretty common style and storage for our age range and I seriously don’t get the snark on it. They’re hats. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:02 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

I have always thought of Josiah and Lauren, maybe even more so than Jeremy and Jinger as not being suited to Duggarville. I get some sense of creative , artistic interests from both of them.  I don't think a goober like JB could begin to appreciate that. 

I agree. In a different environment, I could see Josiah being the cool, slightly off-beat high school drama teacher and Lauren studying interior design. Her home is decorated tastefully and  Bella is dressed well. I hope that they choose to have a moderately sized family as Lauren seems to be a big feeler and I suspect could become overwhelmed with eleventy kids. Her statement about wanting to die when she lost Asa broke my heart. The poor girl has likely never been taught healthy coping strategies or that depression is not a sin but a treatable condition caused by brain chemistry. 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

How the heck else do you want her to store her hats? This is a pretty common style and storage for our age range and I seriously don’t get the snark on it. They’re hats. 

I really don't care how she stores her hats, but I don't like how she wears them. In the house?  It seems every picture of her wearing a hat, she's trying to be oh so special.  Maybe its just me because it seems she always acts that way. My least favorite. Hats or not.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I really don't care how she stores her hats, but I don't like how she wears them. In the house?  It seems every picture of her wearing a hat, she's trying to be oh so special.  Maybe its just me because it seems she always acts that way. My least favorite. Hats or not.

Is she not allowed to feel special? She’s what, a 20 year old mom in a cult? If she wants to have a bunch of hats to feel unique, why is that a bad thing?

So much of the discourse around Lauren is pretty gross, imo. We’ve had this discussion before - a lot of you seem to want her to “keep sweet” but isn’t that what we’re fighting against here?

• Upvote 17
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Is she not allowed to feel special? She’s what, a 20 year old mom in a cult? If she wants to have a bunch of hats to feel unique, why is that a bad thing?

So much of the discourse around Lauren is pretty gross, imo. We’ve had this discussion before - a lot of you seem to want her to “keep sweet” but isn’t that what we’re fighting against here?

This pretty much applies to all the 2nd generation Duggars. It’s a push/ pull thing. Yes, I feel badly for how they were raised and the unrealistic, incongruent with the real world thinking imposed by their parents and Gothard etc..., but on the other hand, I hate that so many of them seem entitled, and at times uppity. 
For me, I am sad when kids are exploited by their parents, which JB clearly did do. BUT, at the same time, now these grown kids are making the same mistakes with their own kids (don’t care if you’re only 20 YO, suck it up, you chose to become a parent). So now, my empathy has moved to the 3rd generation. 
What else is being asked of Lauren or Kendra, except to be a decent human being and parent? What have they contributed to society at large? 

I do agree, who cares about hats.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This pretty much applies to all the 2nd generation Duggars. It’s a push/ pull thing. Yes, I feel badly for how they were raised and the unrealistic, incongruent with the real world thinking imposed by their parents and Gothard etc..., but on the other hand, I hate that so many of them seem entitled, and at times uppity. 
For me, I am sad when kids are exploited by their parents, which JB clearly did do. BUT, at the same time, now these grown kids are making the same mistakes with their own kids (don’t care if you’re only 20 YO, suck it up, you chose to become a parent). So now, my empathy has moved to the 3rd generation. 
What else is being asked of Lauren or Kendra, except to be a decent human being and parent? What have they contributed to society at large? 

I do agree, who cares about hats.

I don’t disagree at all! I think all of these people are mostly awful and their views are horrible as well. But those things - the views and their dangers - are the things that should be criticized. We don’t need to pick apart her perceived smugness or excitement about fashion choices. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I don't mind Lauren's hats. It's not like she is able to express her individuality in other ways. If she were not in the cult, maybe she'd dye her hair or get a pixie cut. Maybe she'd be the type to experiment with her clothes. But she is stuck in a cult, where she always has to look and act a certain way.  

Maybe, if the show ever gets canceled, they'll leave Arkansas and get some distance from Boob's control.  One can hope.

Edited by freealljs
  • Upvote 11

It's the beige on beige for me. I HATE beige, it isn't a color it's a mood, prove me wrong.  

How many # tiktoktweetinstamemes can I get into two short sentences. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

She reminds me of my SIL, whom I cannot STAND, so this might cloud my judgment.  I don't think it has anything to do with keeping sweet or not, and everything to do with her spoiled brat attitude. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

Spoiled brat attitude?  What has she done or said? Not trying to smart just curious.  I can see where Anna or Jessa can be seen as spilling tea if you want to read into their remarks all that much but this young women seems innocuous to me. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Spoiled brat attitude?  What has she done or said? Not trying to smart just curious.  I can see where Anna or Jessa can be seen as spilling tea if you want to read into their remarks all that much but this young women seems innocuous to me. 

Um didn’t you know she wore a HAT? And owns multiple hats? And one time she sat on her own with a newborn baby? She is obviously a huge bratty snob! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

The hat issue bugs me - and it could be because forever ago circa 1980, there was a girl that a friend and I used to talk home with our sophomore year of high school.  She stopped earlier than we did.  And at some point there started to be this - she's so stupid for wearing hats.  And being me and lacking self confidence and having self esteem issues and needing to be liked didn't say anything.  but you know what - I liked this hats!  I thought they were cute.  

Also - i don't care that she's copying Josie Bates either.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She reminds me of my SIL, whom I cannot STAND, so this might cloud my judgment.  I don't think it has anything to do with keeping sweet or not, and everything to do with her spoiled brat attitude. 

This is me with Jessa. 

23 minutes ago, clueliss said:

The hat issue bugs me - and it could be because forever ago circa 1980, there was a girl that a friend and I used to talk home with our sophomore year of high school.  She stopped earlier than we did.  And at some point there started to be this - she's so stupid for wearing hats.  And being me and lacking self confidence and having self esteem issues and needing to be liked didn't say anything.  but you know what - I liked this hats!  I thought they were cute.  

Also - i don't care that she's copying Josie Bates either.  

This is another issue too. Josie is a young mom too, but somehow when she makes a post saying “people have been asking me about my skin care regime, or when she posts a hair tutorial, she comes off as believable because Josie was educated in the field of hair and make-up, and also worked in that field. However, when Lauren does the same, it comes off flat and unbelievable. There is something to be said for Gil’s approach of requiring either school or getting a paying, outside the family job, after HS graduation. In terms of being contributing members of society, Gil’s group is miles ahead of JB’s. And yes, I know Lauren did go to CC, but did she ever work? I also realize this says nothing about their belief systems. Well, working to support yourself and your bazillion children does say something about your belief system. 

• Upvote 8

Ooh, Bella looks like Josiah in that photo. Duggar genes are STRONG.

I give zero fucks about hat storage.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I agree. In a different environment, I could see Josiah being the cool, slightly off-beat high school drama teacher and Lauren studying interior design.

It hadn't dawned on me until I read your post, but if the Swansons move back to their other state (Georgia? I can't remember)  it wouldn't surprise me at all if Josiah and Lauren followed as soon as they could. Josiah could get away from his dad, although he'd still be in with the cultish ties. At least it would be with different people and that could bring some relief. Lauren seems like the kind who would want to move where her parents were located. 

Even though Josiah works for JB, he does have his realty license, I believe, and most likely at least some property management experience. His father-in-law could probably help him connect with people/businesses in the other state. Since JB and Dwain Swanson swapped kids (kids that may have been a tad 'different'* in their respective families and the dads wanted to make sure those particular kids got married sooner rather than later) JB might not put up too much of a struggle releasing Josiah to Dwain, thinking Josiah would be in good hands.

* by different, Josiah always seemed intelligent and curious by Duggar standards. Lauren may have been the family drama queen since early childhood, I'm guessing. The dads needed them out of the family home. Nothing but speculation.

• Upvote 4

"People have been asking me about..." is standard sponsored content verbiage that honestly I have seen in a variety of "influencer" Instagram posts.  I don't hold that against the person schilling the product, I hold that against whoever writes the recommended video script they all seem to use.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

55 minutes ago, clueliss said:

"People have been asking me about..." is standard sponsored content verbiage that honestly I have seen in a variety of "influencer" Instagram posts.  I don't hold that against the person schilling the product, I hold that against whoever writes the recommended video script they all seem to use.  

That was what I was thinking, no issue with her doing them but it seemed so fake that script. 

• Upvote 1

Is Bella wearing pants in that picture? I can't imagine putting a baby in a dress that long (tripping hazard! Hard to stand up!) but pants would be totally adorable!! 
She's a cute kid.

• Upvote 5

Honestly I like the hats and the bitchy attitude. I love that she’s unafraid  to stand out and that she doesn’t feel compelled to smile and simper all the time. It gives me a glimmer of hope for her. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

At least there's an honesty about her not being best friends with every Duggar-adjacent woman instantly upon becoming part of the family, regardless of whether hats fill you with inexplicable rage or not.  I love one of my sisters-in-law and the other one I'd be perfectly happy never to see again (and she feels the same since after 8 years she still calls me by the wrong name every time).

• Upvote 5

I am a hat lover. Last week, I ordered a new one for fall.

And guess what? I wore it inside all week. It was new and I was excited to wear it. Basically because of Covid, I have no where to go nor any social event to wear it to. So yeah, I was in my appartment, with Mr. Music, browsing online with my felt fedora on. And guess what? I thought I looked fly. ??

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic