IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 17: Proud parents to Lauren's hat...and Bella

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Timetraveler said:

Apologies if someone already mentioned this, but is Bella wearing make-up in the most recent IG picture?

No? Doesn’t look like it to me. 

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, viii said:
  2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Apologies if someone already mentioned this, but is Bella wearing make-up in the most recent IG picture?

I must agree with @viii and think it’s just the good lighting of the photo that might create the impression makeup was used. However, Bella doesn’t appear to actually be wearing makeup in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Jed/Jer on "The Bachelor", Joy or Kendra on "Wife Swap"

It has always been a dream of mine to wife swap with a Duggar couple but I don’t think it would make as good tv as Jed and Jer on The Bachelor at the same time with one pool of women to chose from (draaama!). Bonus tip for the producer: all women seem godly but half of them secretly wear pants! :pearlclutching:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

Jana the bachelorette. Yep would watch that ?? actually I would have someone else take one for the team and read the recaps here. 

• Upvote 6

Or Jana could go on "America's Got Talent"...she is a concert pianist, after all. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

On 4/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I seem to recall reading a long time ago there is a difference between the licenses they have and commercial licenses so it's a hobby.  But I don't recall the specifics so this post is quiet unhelpful.

John David has a commercial license, both single and multi engine plus a flight instructor’s license for single engine.

Josiah has a private license, single engine only.

Jeremiah has a commercial license, single engine only.

Austin has a private license, single engine only.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 19

Love is Blind would at least allow them to talk to potential partners one on one without supervision. Maybe some of them would get the chance to escape with like minded partners that way. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Bethella said:

John David has a commercial license, both single and multi engine plus a flight instructor’s license for single engine.

Josiah has a private license, single engine only.

Jeremiah has a commercial license, single engine only.

Austin has a private license, single engine only.

Laying it out like this makes it obvious that JD is the pilotiest pilot of their family of pilots.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 44

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Laying it out like this makes it obvious that JD is the pilotiest pilot of their family of pilots.

Indeed, yet lives in the most modest dwelling while Abbie murmurs about regular income. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Indeed, yet lives in the most modest dwelling while Abbie murmurs about regular income. 

Austin has a main job and Jeremiah is a SAHS. Clearly Josiah isn't making money off his pilot skills. JD and Austin are probably the best-equipped to make money independently if the show goes under.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

• 2 months later...

I have a feeling that Lauren is pregnant again. Bella's 8 months old, there haven't been recent pictures of Lauren for months, there's a new season of Counting On... I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement in the next month or two.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

I have a feeling that Lauren is pregnant again. Bella's 8 months old, there haven't been recent pictures of Lauren for months, there's a new season of Counting On... I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement in the next month or two.

I agree, the most recent photo is the ones she posted on Instagram below and she has her abdominal area covered but I'm unsure when those were taken and it could've been done to fuel speculation because we know how much Lauren loves attention.

Otherwise, the most recent photo of her is from the Counting On promo picture released a couple of days ago and that was taken in early April (going by Instagram photos of two of the babies wearing the same outfits because I know babies can outgrow their clothes very quickly).

• Upvote 3

That is a very sweet tribute from Josiah.

Of all the married females in the Duggar universe I think Lauren is the one I would least like to see pregnant right now. To me she seems to have a more fragile personality than, say a Kendra, who would probably be happy and comfortable with having a very large family. I think Lauren would definitely benefit from more Anna Duggar and Priscilla Waller 2 or 2 + years type spacing.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

I agree, it's very sweet. I did laugh at "someday", they usually marry within 6 -12 months of meeting. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That is a very sweet tribute from Josiah.

Of all the married females in the Duggar universe I think Lauren is the one I would least like to see pregnant right now. To me she seems to have a more fragile personality than, say a Kendra, who would probably be happy and comfortable with having a very large family. I think Lauren would definitely benefit from more Anna Duggar and Priscilla Waller 2 or 2 + years type spacing.

Completely agree, though I will say she is about due. I've noticed with a lot of these fundies the first two babies are the closest together (Mckenzye and Michael for example, Anna was pregnant when Mac was under a year old, but then the spacing changed and got bigger) . It's after that they seem to space more 2ish years.  I just hope if she is she doesn't do this over and over again like some of them -*cough*-mechelle-*cough*-

• Upvote 9

He has a job? He comes home from work? What have I missed? I doubt really follow these two, but a Duggar with a job is pretty exciting!

• Upvote 9

I think he got a real estate licence & he does general construction work for JB projects. I could see him being a manager at the RV park if it ever gets built- he would probably better at ‘customer facing’ than the others given their lack of social skills. Or maybe that’s what Ben will be doing. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

he would probably better at ‘customer facing’ than the others given their lack of social skills.

I agree. Josiah has always come off as affable, especially in the early years. It seems they have smacked it out of him, though, at least by what is shown on the program. It is a good characteristic and if he ever chooses freedom from JB and develops into his own self it could serve him well.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I have always thought of Josiah and Lauren, maybe even more so than Jeremy and Jinger as not being suited to Duggarville. I get some sense of creative , artistic interests from both of them.  I don't think a goober like JB could begin to appreciate that. 

• Upvote 19

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I agree, it's very sweet. I did laugh at "someday", they usually marry within 6 -12 months of meeting. 

They marry fast once they start the relationship, but it seems like they have some limits on when they’re allowed to be in a relationship. Since the Swansons apparently moved to be closer to the Duggars, he might have had this thought before that, when she was a teenager in community college living hundreds of miles away.

• Upvote 3

What is the age difference between Lauren and the second older Swanson kid? It could indicate a general fertility pace also for her. I also think that an announcement is near if not the day of the premiere in time for the season end. Who and what the announcement will be I still have to decide 

As mismatched as Lauren and Josiah seemed initially I think they’ll settle in and grow well together eventually. I also get a sense that Lauren feels very lucky to have Bella after her miscarriage and hard labor. It’s still too soon to tell, but I think she’ll lean more toward not taking child-bearing for granted and stop sooner rather than later (especially if she has another miscarriage or difficult labor).

I think her sister Lily is two years younger than her? And her mother had one more baby right around the time she got engaged and hasn’t had another. I think there’s eight kids in the family.

There are actually a lot parallels to the Caldwell and Swanson families. Both have 8 kids (maybe 9), the two oldest are daughters, the first daughter got married right around 18/19, mom had a baby right before or after daughter’s wedding and not one since, and the next oldest daughter is still unmarried.

• Upvote 9

There's about a 3 year gap between Lauren and Lily, but Lana (their mom) had a miscarriage between them. All of her other kids seem to be around 2 years apart.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic