IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 17: Proud parents to Lauren's hat...and Bella

HerNameIsBuffy

Spoiler

Spoiler

A99EF527-98E4-4623-8B1D-A7A7F78C825C.thumb.png.cc703f10ac1428ec6e7a0b7aa876e836.png

Spoiler

0E925A56-2223-4111-8DB2-459A20D52160.thumb.png.ed39f382e4384d9af86f1956cf7524d5.png

Spoiler

They have finally  released the photos they had the other day while Jessa and joy were there. I don’t know where they released them as I found these on some random pop up from some duggar hugger fan Insta. I saw the new photos and I was like surely there is a baby announcement in it. There wasn’t... I really did think the hold out was for an announcement. Unless I’m really late to the party and these have been up for a while. The higher site did say they were new. There we a couple of other pics that did not look like they were from the shoot more like Christmas ones. 

• Upvote 5

Lauren posted the pictures on her Pinterest account, that’s where the fan accounts got them from. I did find it interesting that she posted them there and not on ig. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

They might be waiting for the new season of show to announce. When Lauren miscarried they didn’t announce it publicly until the episode was airing. 

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

Duggarfam's instagram says Si and Lauren have an update but I can't see it here in Europe. Please help, I'm curious!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210402-180403_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Duggarfam's instagram says Si and Lauren have an update but I can't see it here in Europe. Please help, I'm curious!

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210402-180403_Instagram.jpg

I can hear audio, but the video didn't work. I'm in US.

• Upvote 1

Josiah and Lauren Duggar welcomed their baby girl, Bella, into their lives on November, 8th 2019. Little Bella recently turned one and she’s grown a lot even since then! Here’s what the family of three has going on these days.

In the video above, Josiah shared that Bella learned how to say "I love you," "thank you," "please," and other important words. In fact, Lauren explained just how much she loves hearing her daughter say "I love you." The phrase was actually Bella's first full sentence! Not only is the one-year-old mastering her vocabulary, but she’s also becoming more active and creative as time passes.

According to Josiah, "She loves to run around, slide down slides. Coloring is the latest thing she’s been doing a lot of — outside with chalk and inside with crayons. Thankfully, not markers. And so, she’s a very busy girl!"

So, who does Bella remind them of the most?

"I think it’s pretty obvious who she resembles — and in personality, of course, very much like Josiah," Lauren laughed, adding, "She looks like him, acts like him."

The couple also reflected on parenthood during the pandemic. They acknowledged two difficult aspects of parenting right now: keeping their daughter’s hands out of her mouth and not being able to travel. However, there’s always a silver lining!

Josiah mentioned that "more family time" at home was the best thing to come out of the pandemic. That extra time has allowed the parents to be around their growing little girl as much as possible. Looking forward, the Duggars are excited to make more family memories together this year. Watch their entire update to learn more.

We wish all the best to this sweet family of three!

It's mostly just talking about all the new things Bella does

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 15

5 minutes ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

It's mostly just talking about all the new things Bella does

Thank you! I was thinking it's an announcement. 

Edited by Melinda
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Melinda said:

Thank you! I was thinking it's an announcement. 

No just a very short weird proof of life video like Jinger and Jeremy did with their kids. Bella is talkative and likes to draw with chalk. But Bella wasn’t even in the video. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

Seems like they were inspired by Harry and Meghan talking about Archie with Oprah. He wasn't shown, but they talked about the words he knows and showed photos!

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

No just a very short weird proof of life video like Jinger and Jeremy did with their kids. Bella is talkative and likes to draw with chalk. But Bella wasn’t even in the video. 

Maybe this was a compromise for them to be involved, while shielding Bella from the cameras. Wishful thinking ☺️

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

It seems like that video was filmed awhile ago and was just released. They say Bella just turned 1, but she turned 1 in November. They also showed photos that seem like I'd seen them a while ago from social media. Bella is at an age where she grows fast. 

BEC: Lauren's make-up is smudgy and doesn't look well-blended. I like her lipstick and her eye make-up is well done; it's the makeup on her forehead, cheeks, etc. I don't know if she did her make-up or if TLC did it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a (very blurry) photo floating around of a family shot taken at Jed's wedding which possibly shows Lauren with a bump...a very indistinct shot but enough to get the speculation bus rolling.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 2

Maybe Lauren just had a big lunch. I have a "baby bump" as well and probably look about 3 months pregnant, that's not a baby, that's just 3(!) Easter eggs... A bump really doesn't have to mean anything. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I think she could be pregnant, because her child is over a year old. Also a lot of people tend to have the first 2 kids close in age. She gave birth to Bella a week after Kendra gave birth to Addison and Kendra has a new baby already... 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

For a hot second, I thought that Kendra has somehow managed to have two babies from Bella's birth ? since Brooklyn is her second daughter I somehow mixed It 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe Lauren just had a big lunch. I have a "baby bump" as well and probably look about 3 months pregnant, that's not a baby, that's just 3(!) Easter eggs... A bump really doesn't have to mean anything. 

I think especially this year, almost everyone has a little more padding on them. Even though the Duggar’s mostly seem to have ignored the isolation parts of the Pandemic , they may have succumbed to the food parts ?

Still, it wouldn’t be surprising if Lauren and Josiah were expecting #2. 2 years ,give or take a few months, is a REALLY common spacing, even in the regular world.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 19

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think especially this year, almost everyone has a little more padding on them. Even though the Duggar’s mostly seem to have ignored the isolation parts of the Pandemic , they may have succumbed to the food parts ?

Still, it wouldn’t be surprising if Lauren and Josiah were expecting #2. 2 years ,give or take a few months, is a REALLY common spacing, even in the regular world.

I don't think Lauren would have that extra padding from this last year because she's the health nut in the family.

I totally think she's pregnant again, but she might be waiting because she's either having difficulties like she did with Bella or she had another miscarriage last year and doesn't want to share until she's far enough along

• Upvote 8

I thought of Lauren last week when a girl I went to high school with posted that she had had a miscarriage on social media. Apparently she was about 6 weeks along and hadn't told anyone she was pregnant. From the hospital she posted a series of sad selfies with a long post about how she wasn't sure how she would ever recover from this devastating loss. I'm not going to judge her because I know she was hurting, and everyone who commented on her post was sympathetic and offering condolences. But I know a few other girls from high school who had much later miscarriages/stillbirths after they had decorated the nursery and told everyone they were pregnant and had baby showers, and even one who had a stillbirth at 38 weeks, who were hurt by the post because it felt so attention seeking. It very much reminded me of Lauren and Asa.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

This is kinda why I love our Jewish traditions. We don't have baby showers, we don't decorate the room, most don't even announce that they're having a baby. It's mostly superstition but I feel like it makes life easier. I never understood people that had multiple baby showers and all that. We don't even bring baby things into the house before the baby is born. Most people just pre-order things, they wait at the store and the husband or grandparents go pick them up while mom is in the hospital. It's not like a newborn needs a completely decorated room right away. They won't exactly use it for at least 6 months.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 6

The only reason it's ideal to decorate the nursery before the baby arrives is that then you don't have to do it while juggling childcare. One day we'll hang up the decor, but she's not gonna remember it at this age anyway. And we only use the nursery for diaper changes and reading at the moment. I joke with my husband that he should expect her to share a bed with us til she moves out at age 30 or so.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

This is kinda why I love our Jewish traditions. We don't have baby showers, we don't decorate the room, most don't even announce that they're having a baby. It's mostly superstition but I feel like it makes life easier. I never understood people that had multiple baby showers and all that. We don't even bring baby things into the house before the baby is born. Most people just pre-order things, they wait at the store and the husband or grandparents go pick them up while mom is in the hospital. It's not like a newborn needs a completely decorated room right away. They won't exactly use it for at least 6 months.

I love this also. I’ve always said even if you are a little bit Jewish (never go to temple & eat bacon every day) you still will not have a baby shower of buy things in advance. 

My mother’s best friend has twin grandsons who will be graduating from high school in June. She’s always been someone who is willing to throw together a party for anything. However, she did not through her daughter a baby shower because so many of her friends are Jewish & still follow the superstition. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I love this also. I’ve always said even if you are a little bit Jewish (never go to temple & eat bacon every day) you still will not have a baby shower of buy things in advance. 

My mother’s best friend has twin grandsons who will be graduating from high school in June. She’s always been someone who is willing to throw together a party for anything. However, she did not through her daughter a baby shower because so many of her friends are Jewish & still follow the superstition. 

Yup!!!! Cheeseburgers are awesome, electricity on shabbos is even better but a baby shower? HARD NO! It's just one of those things that doesn't happen.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

The only reason it's ideal to decorate the nursery before the baby arrives is that then you don't have to do it while juggling childcare. One day we'll hang up the decor, but she's not gonna remember it at this age anyway. And we only use the nursery for diaper changes and reading at the moment. I joke with my husband that he should expect her to share a bed with us til she moves out at age 30 or so.

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine from college who was raised Catholic (13 years of Catholic school) married a non-religious Jewish guy. When she was pregnant with her first daughter her mother through her a baby shower. His mother was their as well as some of his relatives. Their gifts to her was money. I’m one of the a few of her friends that is Jewish & a mutual friend of ours asked why they did that & my response was we don’t have showers. I got her a gift & I sent it to her mother in advance. When I emailed her mother my RSVP & asked about sending a gift ahead of time her response to me was “I was waiting for your email & prepared to get your gift in advance”. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic