IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 17: Proud parents to Lauren's hat...and Bella

HerNameIsBuffy

23 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

1199554727_Screenshot_20201227-081129_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.895bd8f347579414cd92a867b7709aeb.jpg

He really did like that comment. Must be hard for Jill.

Popcorn time!!!! Cheers. 
people have noticed that he liked it. So it may get bigger. 
Oh derwood he who stirs the shit pot, sometimes gets made to lick the spoon.... 

C12CC18E-17E0-4D97-A9EA-234C32C03B25.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add pic
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Jill is incredibly strong. Not being included by your huge family when even your pedo brother is there? That has seriously got to hurt! I hope she isn't blaming herself because she (or her little family) are not the issues.

The only way there will be healing and restoration between Jill and her family of origin is if Jill repents and lives how they expect her to - an extension of her parents and their beliefs. Narcissistic, abusive assholes, that is all they are.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

The Dillards are very conspicuous in the picture by their absence.

They seem to be taking COVID precautions seriously, so maybe they wouldn’t have wanted to be around that many people (who don’t take any precautions at all) even if they were included.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Not hand slapping on thread drift. I'm just genuinely curious because I didn't see the original post. 

How did this end up in the SiRen thread? (I did triple check to make sure I was in the right place lol) without context it's SUPER confusing. 

Was someone saying that it was wrong that Lauren was being excluded and Derrick liked it? Was the original conversation taking place on a picture Lauren posted? What was the original post? 

So totally confused. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Not hand slapping on thread drift. I'm just genuinely curious because I didn't see the original post. 

How did this end up in the SiRen thread? (I did triple check to make sure I was in the right place lol) without context it's SUPER confusing. 

Was someone saying that it was wrong that Lauren was being excluded and Derrick liked it? Was the original conversation taking place on a picture Lauren posted? What was the original post? 

So totally confused. 

I was wondering that too. Also like if it’s Jill we’re talking about, given they were included virtually in the family Christmas event who’s to say she wasn’t invited to the sisters Christmas ,as but denied either because of covid, because of being on camera for TLC, or both? As likely as it is that she was excluded it’s likely she turned it down because her family has been shown to be somewhat COVID conscious

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, LacyMay said:

So totally confused. 

I believe they are discussing the wreath-making party at Joy’s house (see first post on page 18), which Jill was apparently excluded from. I’m not sure if it was Lauren who posted about it or not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I think the discussion about the party at Joy's house appeared here initially because someone commented on Lauren's stylish and non-fundie outfit.  Then the party itself was discussed.  

And on another thread someone touched the poop about Jill's absence and got called out and actually flounced over it.

So the topic of Jill's lack of attendance was on lots of folks' minds.  (I have no idea if the same people are reading both threads or not.  My skimming isn't that absorptive.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I was wondering that too. Also like if it’s Jill we’re talking about, given they were included virtually in the family Christmas event who’s to say she wasn’t invited to the sisters Christmas ,as but denied either because of covid, because of being on camera for TLC, or both? As likely as it is that she was excluded it’s likely she turned it down because her family has been shown to be somewhat COVID conscious

So much this!!!!! Family dynamics are hella complicated and nuanced and messy and tangly and generally poop filled. 

Especially in a family the size of the Duggars with so many different in law's coming from similar but different belief systems and the whole deep seated issues around Josh. 

My opinion has always been fairly mild and dare I say boring. Jim Bob and Michelle love Jill but don't love her and Derrick's decisions and aren't comfortable having them at the big house when they aren't around because Derrick has proven time and time again to be a bit of a lose canon. If you had a son in law who had a track record of very publicly bashing you (whether deserved or not) you might be a little guarded as well. 

I know there's drama right now about Jill and Derrick not being in the Christmas photos at the thing at her parents house and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's just that they were invited and chose not to attend, they are becoming closer with Derrick's family they decided to go there instead, with Israel in public school (whoooot) they are trying to be more cautious about the size of their network etc etc. 

As for the wreath making party it's also entirely possible that the whole thing was set up for the show and that given space/time/whatever constrictions it would have been too challenging to try and edit Jill out. It sucks and I feel for her but to the ones still being filmed the show is a *job* so yes unfortunately Jill won't always be able to be included when the other ones are for all intents and purposes "working" 

I just don't know how much I trust Derrick, he's always come off as a little self serving and opportunistic neither of which lend to him being a reliable narrator. 

And for funzies because it is afterall **her** thread, did anyone else notice that this year both Lauren and Josiah were wearing hats inside at the Christmas gathering? While hers isn't my style at all and seems a little dressy for a semi casual indoor family gathering it still suits her. But Josiah and his tuque inside? That just seemed odd like he was going for some hipster type vibe and just not quite hitting the mark. 

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I find it endlessly fascinating that Jim-Bob chose/approved Jill's husband, yet Jim-Bob rejects him. Hey, doofus, you picked this. You claim spouses are sent by God. Shouldn't you be welcoming God's choice into your home/family? Don't you always say that you need to be open to God's messages? Doesn't seem like you're being very open, Jimmy-Boob. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Marionette said:

I believe they are discussing the wreath-making party at Joy’s house (see first post on page 18), which Jill was apparently excluded from. I’m not sure if it was Lauren who posted about it or not. 

Yes it was me ?

I went to look at the post in question to see Lauren's outfit and the other pants and saw the comment.

1 hour ago, LacyMay said:

So much this!!!!! Family dynamics are hella complicated and nuanced and messy and tangly and generally poop filled. 

Especially in a family the size of the Duggars with so many different in law's coming from similar but different belief systems and the whole deep seated issues around Josh. 

My opinion has always been fairly mild and dare I say boring. Jim Bob and Michelle love Jill but don't love her and Derrick's decisions and aren't comfortable having them at the big house when they aren't around because Derrick has proven time and time again to be a bit of a lose canon. If you had a son in law who had a track record of very publicly bashing you (whether deserved or not) you might be a little guarded as well. 

I know there's drama right now about Jill and Derrick not being in the Christmas photos at the thing at her parents house and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's just that they were invited and chose not to attend, they are becoming closer with Derrick's family they decided to go there instead, with Israel in public school (whoooot) they are trying to be more cautious about the size of their network etc etc. 

As for the wreath making party it's also entirely possible that the whole thing was set up for the show and that given space/time/whatever constrictions it would have been too challenging to try and edit Jill out. It sucks and I feel for her but to the ones still being filmed the show is a *job* so yes unfortunately Jill won't always be able to be included when the other ones are for all intents and purposes "working" 

I just don't know how much I trust Derrick, he's always come off as a little self serving and opportunistic neither of which lend to him being a reliable narrator. 

And for funzies because it is afterall **her** thread, did anyone else notice that this year both Lauren and Josiah were wearing hats inside at the Christmas gathering? While hers isn't my style at all and seems a little dressy for a semi casual indoor family gathering it still suits her. But Josiah and his tuque inside? That just seemed odd like he was going for some hipster type vibe and just not quite hitting the mark. 

I noticed that his little hat/outfit matched hers in style. I wouldn't choose them either but I think they looked like they achieved the look they were going for.

I hate that "hat on the back of the head" thing. A wide brim is for blocking the sun... can't do that way back there ??‍♀️

• Upvote 4

On 12/29/2020 at 5:13 AM, Grace said:

I hate that "hat on the back of the head" thing. A wide brim is for blocking the sun... can't do that way back there ??‍♀️

Same, I've noticed that trend in a lot of places right now and It's definitely one I don't understand, I also don't understand how it stays on? Is it pinned? Cause if i wore a hat in that position there is a 100% chance that it would slide off the back of my head at the slightest movement XD

but hey, if it makes Lauren happy, by all means. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

A bit off topic but I had to chuckle, whilst scrolling to catch up on this thread, I had to wonder how I missed a post.... took me a while  and several scrolls back and forth to realise it was an advertisement. eBay got this thread so right. 
I claim post nap wake up brain for the ditziness on this one. 

ACE9C650-0F0F-4371-A483-2E6A9CC1E0D7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

I don't for one second buy the whole "well they just spent it with Derrick's family" BS they're throwing out there. Yeah, I'm sure they did....and in a normal family relationship people would split holidays and no one would bat an eye. Sadly, in Jill's case, spending the holiday with her ILs is more because she's essentially estranged from hers and less about it being Cathy's turn for Christmas.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, LillyP said:

I don't for one second buy the whole "well they just spent it with Derrick's family" BS they're throwing out there. Yeah, I'm sure they did....and in a normal family relationship people would split holidays and no one would bat an eye. Sadly, in Jill's case, spending the holiday with her ILs is more because she's essentially estranged from hers and less about it being Cathy's turn for Christmas.

I mean, maybe, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Duggars' approach to COVID was also another big factor.  From Jessa's video, you can see Jill video chatting with people at the party.  I can see the Dillards passing because the Duggars not only have no social distancing, but had likely between 30-40 people over which is crazy, especially considering that none of those people have been isolating before the event.  I think a bigger test will be next Christmas when restrictions are a bit looser.

• Upvote 6

I dont know why people on fj keep saying Jill didnt go to the christmas party because of Covid. She's not going to their christmas party for 3 year's ! Jill has not been seen in the compound for years. She herself said she's not allowed to enter! had to take permission to go to the big house for Jessa's delivery ( while Jimbob and Michelle were away). As for being excluded from Joy's house party if derrick likes the comment it further proves she wasnt invited. Jill  estranged from her family is not a new scoop!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 12/11/2020 at 12:40 AM, TeaGrannie said:

I’m surprised you didn’t see bagged milk in Ontario. My mom still lives there and buys it all the time. She’s in southwestern Ontario so maybe it was location? We do not have bagged milk in the west, I am in Alberta. 

I am in SW Ontario and we have bagged milk. You can buy cartons too but there seems to be more bagged milk

• Upvote 1

I do believe the Dillard’s might be extra careful in regards to COVID because of Cathy‘s health. She was really really ill and they will probably make sure not to take any risk. That doesn’t mean though this is the biggest reason why Jill is not in regular attendance. It’s possible a mix between pandemic related behaviour, the fall out with JB and not being on the show anymore. Of course they film around certain people at big family gatherings (weddings, gender reveal etc. ) but activities that are probably only set up to be filmed are different. Wreath making might have very well only have happened because it was a storyline to be filmed. You won’t invite someone you have to cut out again. Or maybe it was a lovely private event, Jill was shunned from. Or maybe she and Joy have a quarrel completely unrelated to Jill’s changes. Or maybe Jill, now that she has seen the light, is constantly patronising and lecturing her sisters? Relationships are rarely as they look after being edited. They are multilayered and changing.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 17

Joy may have a conflict between Jill and Austin to balance, too. He (and she) may not agree with Jill's changes and/or like Derick. Although my husband is pretty chill, if I had to pick between someone I saw occasionally and maybe had a rocky relationship with and someone I lived with it would be a no brainer. She may even have some residual resentment from being left behind when Jill went overseas, too. Or she may have made pointed comments that offended Jill.

All this to say that relationships are complicated and they may not like each other or hang out for good reason... or may just do so on the down low to keep the peace.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Or she may have made pointed comments that offended Jill

I wouldn't doubt this one bit. Joy seems quite full of self-righteousness in JB (JB... as opposed to god or jesus or actual religious faith.)

Like some of you have said, there are many possible reasons we did not see Jill pictured at the wreath-making party, and unless told by Jill or Joy we will never know why. If it comes from Joy, well, she probably lies for JB  and I couldn't believe her. If it comes from Jill, she may be treading lightly in order to preserve the possibility of total reconciliation with JB and his servants. So we would still never really know.

Reading the speculation is entertaining and I appreciate everyone's efforts to come up with explanations for this crazy fecal matter. Plumb crazy.

• Upvote 10

On 11/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, Scrabblemaster said:

Okay honestly. I think about buying a hat for quite  some time. 

So if I had a hat, I would wear mine at every occasion I could.

Great, I wrote a whole text about hats. I know there are more important topics to discuss, but you know what? I decided, while typing this, that I will buy a hat for me. For no other reason that I will spark joy when I wear it. Hah.  

I quoted myself (but I deleted it a bit, that was a whole lot about hats) to give you an update. I bought myself a hat during December and I love love love it! I really wear it as often as I can, mostly when I walk to my work, when we do grocerie shopping, or when we go for a walk. The hat is dark green and comfortable. It sparks joy whenever I see it and every time I wear it. I might have got weird looks during grocerie shopping, but I did not realize it. Because with the mask on, trying to get everything we need and trying to distance myself from other people, my mind is busy enough.  

I bought it online from tentree, it did cost 50€  (61,40$ according to google). I spoiled myself but 2020 was shitty and I love it and don't regret it at all. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 11

Didn’t Derick also make a comment about joy and Austin leaving the show/ taking a step back? I’m not a joy/Austin fan but I wouldn’t be thrilled if I had family talking about my personal decisions on a public platform. Maybe that was the final straw. 

• Upvote 2

Josiah’s ex Marj is oddly silent on SM right now. She moved to DC a few months ago. You would think she would have an opinion on the recent horrible events. But nope. Nothing. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josiah’s ex Marj is oddly silent on SM right now. She moved to DC a few months ago. You would think she would have an opinion on the recent horrible events. But nope. Nothing. 

I'm sure  that some of her Family Research Council  coworkers were happily rallying with the domestic terrorists.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm sure  that some of her Family Research Council  coworkers were happily rallying with the domestic terrorists.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she went and it scared the shit out of her. I imagine any sheltered fundie girl who was there was probably very frightened. 

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic