IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 17: Proud parents to Lauren's hat...and Bella

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Bella is really cute.

I feel like she's gonna be a blonde like Laurens sisters because she's one and still has no hair.

If Lauren does announce a pregnancy in the next few weeks I hope she has a boy and names him Collin so they have a twilight theme. I know twilight is never a book fundies would read but I feel if Lauren grew up normal she would be a die hard Twilight fan, maybe she secretly is.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I feel like she's gonna be a blonde like Laurens sisters because she's one and still has no hair.

That’s what I was like as a baby – very bald. I had no hair on my first birthday and then it came out super light so I had a little when I was two.  It has darkend over the years though and is now a light brown colour. 

• Upvote 6

I don’t think that there is a connection between late hair growth and colour. All the people I know that were very light blonde or still are have different stories. Some had black hair which was replaced by blonde, some had late hair growth, some had very few hair till they were three, some had lots of blonde hair at their 1st birthday. I was extremely light blonde but got darker in puberty. As a newborn I had very dark hair. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think that there is a connection between late hair growth and colour. All the people I know that were very light blonde or still are have different stories. Some had black hair which was replaced by blonde, some had late hair growth, some had very few hair till they were three, some had lots of blonde hair at their 1st birthday. I was extremely light blonde but got darker in puberty. As a newborn I had very dark hair. 

This.

My hair and skin colour was so similar for the first year that I LOOKED bald unless my hair was wet. Am still blonde between the grey. 
My kids had much darker hair at birth and are a darker blonde than me these days (ages 2 - 11)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That’s what I was like as a baby – very bald. I had no hair on my first birthday and then it came out super light so I had a little when I was two.  It has darkend over the years though and is now a light brown colour. 

I was bald for a very long time*. I had quite a head full of hair when for the first weeks (maybe months) but eventually lost it all. It came back when I was around 1,5 years old, but my mother was so worried she even took me to the pediatrician to get an extra check-up. Once my hair started to grow it came in really thick and dark.

*and chubby - I basically looked like a chubby old man without a neck.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

Okay honestly. I think about buying a hat for quite  some time. Not one of those summer hats, but a real hat. For about over a year. But I never did and there are moments I regret not even trying one on when I had the opportunity last winter, when I walked by a hat shop in a different city. I will not get there for some time. I don't feel comfortable enough to buy a hat online. I have a summer-hat to protect me from the sun and I get weird looks for it (I don't know why, it is reasonable to wear one when it's hot and sunny). Our neighbour wears a darkblue hat sometimes and I think she looks gorgeous with it.

So if I had a hat, I would wear mine at every occasion I could. Especially during autumn and winter. On walks, maybe when I buy groceries (I would get weird looks for it, I am sure)...I can't think of other occasions because there are not many left right now because of covid. But I would wear the hat whenever I could. 

So when Lauren wears that hat I want to scream: Go Lauren you look stunningly beautiful with it. Wear it whenever you want, even indoors during filmed family videochats. It makes you happy, wear it! 

And that's the only point I agree with her. Just to clarify this. I agree with her about the hat. Nothing else. 

Great, I wrote a whole text about hats. I know there are more important topics to discuss, but you know what? I decided, while typing this, that I will buy a hat for me. For no other reason that I will spark joy when I wear it. Hah.  

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Upvote 28

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to say Bella is a stunning baby. Gideon is my llittle pet goof ball fundie baby, But bella sure is a cutie. All I see is duggar though. I see Jessa in her so much. 

Really? I think she looks exactly like Lauren's sisters. She doesn't look Duggar to me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

You and me = same!

I was bald for the first year of my life. My older brothers (who were 10 and 12) nicknamed me ''bowling ball'' because my shiny bare head apparently looked like one.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I was born bald and was strawberry blonde for the first few years and it slowly changed into red

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I was born bald and was strawberry blonde for the first few years and it slowly changed into red

I did kinda the opposite. I had red hair when I was first born, then went blonde.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

My blonde son and blonde nephew were bald babies. My brown-haired son was a baby with hair.

I think dark haired children tend to have more hair when they are babies. Or maybe it is only that baby's hair is sooo thin and soft that is only visible when it is dark. 

• Upvote 5

I was born with a full head of jet-black hair. My mom said even the nurses were surprised that I had so much hair? When I was three months old, it all fell out, but it grew back rather quickly. It wasn't jet black anymore, but very, very dark brown. When I was a child people always asked me if my hair was black or brown. 
My hair is still very dark brown, but with a lot of grey hairs inbetween now too.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

My blonde son and blonde nephew were bald babies. My brown-haired son was a baby with hair.

I think dark haired children tend to have more hair when they are babies. Or maybe it is only that baby's hair is sooo thin and soft that is only visible when it is dark. 

Me and my sister have very dark hair and we were bald babies. My best friend is and was blonde and had a head full of hair as a baby.

My husband was bald as a baby so I guess I'll have bald babies.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I did kinda the opposite. I had red hair when I was first born, then went blonde.

I had a full head of jet-black hair when I was born, but it turned red for a while. By the time I was one, mine also turned to blonde... Still retained a little strawberry as I got older, but it’s like a dirty blonde color (I’ve toned it red for years, though). 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I agree. I'm in two bumper groups (online mothers groups for babies due the same month) and of the maybe 600 babies from the two combined groups, I can only think of one blonde one who had long hair in the first year. Lots of long darker-haired babies though.

• Upvote 5

I had a long coat, and a big red hat in the 60s., and I was cool. Now I have a beanie in winter and a summer fabric hat. The rest of the time, nothing. Oh to be cool again.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I was born bald. Still bald at about a year but within 6 months I had white-blonde pony tails, according to pictures. At some point it went to more strawberry blonde. Then I was 4. I cut my hair. Like, really cut it. I hacked it off to the scalp in some places. (Clearly my mom wasn't too concerned with where her 4 year old was, or the scissors). My hair grew in after that, medium-dark brown with some blonde but mostly red highlights. Now that I'm well into adulthood, the grey adds yet another color. 

• Upvote 3

I had a lot of dark hair when I was born. Including on my ears! My mother swore I looked like a monkey. Not sure when I lost the hair on my ears, but I no longer sport the monkey look. At least I don't think I do.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Bella is adorable and looks so happy. Babies can’t be trained to fake happy so clearly Lauren and Josiah are doing something right. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I remember when Josiah and Lauren were courting we were introduced to her sister who wanted be a doctor or nurse. Does anyone know if she has started college? I liked her. Can’t remember her name. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/12/2020 at 8:01 PM, Expectopatronus said:

Bella is adorable and looks so happy. Babies can’t be trained to fake happy so clearly Lauren and Josiah are doing something right. 

This is the one thing that makes me less concerned rn w/ Joy & Austin, Gideon is about the happiest damn kid I've ever seen, at least they seem to be good parents. I'll reserve judgment on Bella we've only seen a handful of photos of her & she seems happy so that is a very good thing. We'll see (if Siren show us) what kind of toddler she is, if she's happy go lucky like Gideon or more serious, like her mother.  My nephew was a serious baby/toddler and is a little more goofy as he's gotten older but he was not a giggly smiley infant/toddler, just not his personality. his little sister on the other hand was/is a cheese ball.  It can be hard to tell if a child is just a serious child or if they live in a miserable household. 

I do wonder about Felicity, she seems very stoic, & I'm not sure if that is her personality, she's just bored with the constant posing for photos until it is "just so" or Jeremy's need for picture perfection and poser status is making her miserable. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

From Jessa’s new YouTube video, Lauren was wearing pants at the TTH and her sister Lily as well. I hadn’t notice the Swansons wearing pants before but I guess they are now. 

Spoiler

49D09933-A487-41E5-A6A5-D5AE50BA9936.thumb.jpeg.3cffa9465fec0320aeadd3485bd06b92.jpeg
DDBF3B22-5B59-4259-AD3E-0B399C2AC827.thumb.jpeg.1daf40a8ce73236d6886c9b612a343e0.jpeg

I also noticed her dad holding a baby that looks like he could be a Swanson but seemed too small to be Duke (Who was born at the same time as Gideon). I guess it could be that they had baby #10. 

Spoiler

CB77885D-2008-47CD-918E-0893801CE599.thumb.jpeg.6bc7879e1262aa4948051daea2800ff8.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

On 11/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, Scrabblemaster said:

So if I had a hat, I would wear mine at every occasion I could. Especially during autumn and winter. On walks, maybe when I buy groceries (I would get weird looks for it, I am sure)...I can't think of other occasions because there are not many left right now because of covid. But I would wear the hat whenever I could. 

I have a beautifull eggplant color woolen hat (Lauren style) but I almost never wear it.

The only occasion to actually wear it would be autumn walks but after half an hour it gets sweaty and annoying. And in winter I prefer a real winter hat. And going indoors I take it off.

So in the end I only wear it once or twice a year for a fall fair or something like that. 

Also, this makes me realize: how do you distinguish in English between Lauren style hats and the woolen hats you wear in winter? They are both called a hat right?

Spoiler

244cbfca8e25b9956e036c254a6af4ef.jpg

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic