IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, Bobology said:

If Jill is offering it to Lauren, I don't understand why the pic and statement looks like it is coming from Lauren to Jill, as if Jill has inquired about the crib (for herself or a friend.) Anyway, why would something like this be posted for others to see? Do these people not have a texting plan? I'm Instagram ignorant, but I know how to text friends and relatives with questions or other personal stuff. If there is no way to message privately between Instagram users why can't they text? Or call then send a pic?

Lauren was doing a Q and A on the nursery with people asking questions where things were from. She linked several things to amazing or referenced hobby lobby. This was the answer to someone asking where she got the crib from. 

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

We've seen the married Duggar's share several big baby items over the years. Isn't Kendra's current changing table (?I think) from Jessa, etc? I don't read anything into this at all other than they share what they got from their gigantic surplus of supplies.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Agree with all those saying might as well share the resources. But wouldn’t that mean the Dillards likely aren’t planning on using the crib for the unforeseeable future?   

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I think this is 'done for now' situation, which makes sense because #besthubbyever isn't working full time.  

That said, if that was Josie's crib, it might not be in the best of shape, and may even be recalled.  Those sleigh-style cribs were really popular at that time, and is one of the styles caught up in the massive Simplicity recall (like mine was).

So it might be a case of 'we're not done done, but want to buy a new crib for the next one'.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I think people are reading way too much into this. Fundies are always inexplicably giving away baby things to other people. This inevitably leads to a cascade of speculation that they’re planning on preventing, only to find out later that they were already three months pregnant and just wanted new stuff. Or whatever. Jill and Derick may be done, or their logic might have been, “We’re not expecting now and we definitely won’t have a baby for at least another nine months, whereas Josiah and Lauren will have one in six weeks. May as well give them this crib, it doesn’t go with our paint colours anyway. We’ll get a new one next time.”

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

That crib does look (at quick glance) like it suits her nursery style. Everything about Lauren thus far tells me that she's into that. And everything about Jill says that she'd be happy to pass it on.

Plus all the other stuff you guys said about sharing baby stuff, not having space. Etc. Etc.

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think people are reading way too much into this. Fundies are always inexplicably giving away baby things to other people. This inevitably leads to a cascade of speculation that they’re planning on preventing, only to find out later that they were already three months pregnant and just wanted new stuff. Or whatever. Jill and Derick may be done, or their logic might have been, “We’re not expecting now and we definitely won’t have a baby for at least another nine months, whereas Josiah and Lauren will have one in six weeks. May as well give them this crib, it doesn’t go with our paint colours anyway. We’ll get a new one next time.”

Nope, disagree. First off, that’s too much thought and logic. These are the people who bought a Mcmasion full of second hand furniture and brand new baby items, and then moved to CA within a year, leaving it all behind. And second,  this is Jill. Of all the couples, she and DD present as the least aesthetically fussy about their surroundings. IMO, I can’t see something like “paint colors” affecting whether or not they might use a 5 year old crib. The Vuolos, yes. The Dillards, nope. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

They didn't buy the McMansion. It was one of Boob's properties. They lived in it rent-free.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, marmalade said:

They didn't buy the McMansion. It was one of Boob's properties. They lived in it rent-free.

McMansion full of furniture, not an actual mcmansion...sorry, not to make that a bit more clear.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Jill was given that crib my Michelle and Jim Bob in an episode, wasn’t she. It was pre loudly Josie’s. Maybe Jill just wanted other siblings to get to use it too. I wouldn’t necessarily say it means she’s done having babies. I sold my crib after my second baby and we are on baby number 5. We just decided to buy something else after that baby.

Please excuse my many typos on that post, gang. Lately I tend to do all my posting during early morning breastfeeding sessions and sometimes it clearly bites me in the rear end.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

What’s that about? Instagram just suggested the post to me (I don’t follow the account) and I was surprised. Did I miss something? If so, would someone please point me in the direction of the correct thread? A quick check on Derick’s twitter doesn’t explain the rumor. 

4169B1C1-1B97-4E0D-B16F-B671744639DF.jpeg

@FluffySnowball Derick did discuss this during one of his 'let's drag up a really old tweet and stir up some shit' sessions.  He mentioned that they have to have JB's permission to go into the TTH when JB isn't there.  He was specifically referring to Jill having to ask JB permission to go to TTH and help Jessa when she was in labor.  You might have to dig through his tweets to see it because it was a reply to someone else's tweet.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
wordz r hard
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

[mention=25283]FluffySnowball[/mention] Derick did discuss this during one of his 'let's drag up a really old tweet and stir up some shit' sessions.  He mentioned that they have to have JB's permission to go into the TTH when JB isn't there.  He was specifically referring to Jill having to ask JB permission to go to TTH and help Jessa when she was in labor.  You might have to dig through his tweets to see it because it was a reply to someone else's tweet.  

I know it’s likely more to do with Derrick than Jill, but of all the kids this could happen to, she was the last one I would have picked (Jilly muffin anyone?).
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

McMansion full of furniture, not an actual mcmansion...sorry, not to make that a bit more clear.

with those endless picture frames covering the walls. 

can you imagine jana having to retouch the living room wall. 

I still remember when Jana was like oh jill will give birth in the bathtub episode before she was actually even pregnant . 

UM no it never happened. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Ma & Pa Duggar will NEVER let Jill around the other kids ever again...I'm happy for Israel, that he'll get to experience real school instead of SODRT. I wonder who made that decision though? Was it a mutual agreement? Jill didn't seem too fussed about registering Israel for school. 

• Upvote 31
  • Love 3

I normally don't post much on the duggar threads but WOW!!!!!  This is a huge step for Jill. Izzy will love it, Jill can have a bit more downtime especially if Sam still takes naps. I hope she enjoys watching Izzy blossom with new friends and the fun of school?

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

This has renewed my hope in some of the second generation Duggars. I hope many more of them follow suit!

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Wow, I figured they would eventually public school the boys, but not right off the bat.

i just hope they become more judicious in their social media posting now that he will have friends who aren’t his cousins.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic