IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 16

GreyhoundFan

image.png.40c3ccb131d464e18d62bdc331df3d73.png

"Acquitted"

After O.J. Simpson was acquitted of double murder in 1995, he probably threw a victory party. But I bet even O.J.’s party wasn’t as vindictive and petty as Donald Trump’s. It probably didn’t have as many Big Macs either.

Donald Trump went after all his enemies. He said Speaker Nancy Pelosi was a “horrible person” and questioned her religion as well as that of Mitt Romney’s. He spent over an hour airing his grievances. He actually started early at the National Prayer Breakfast, which is pretty surreal. For the organizers of the breakfast who didn’t take down Trump for attacking people’s religion, maybe their commitment to their religion should be questioned for allowing such a rant by Mr. Two Corinthians. Evangelicals are just as much cowards as the entire Republican Party for sacrificing all their principles to Hair Fuhrer.

Trump also attacked the nepotism of Hunter Biden while claiming his kids “could” be making millions of his presidency if they wanted to. Then, he pointed out Ivanka, who literally has a position in the White House along with her husband where they both have security clearances they couldn’t qualify for. Did I already use the word “surreal?”

Usually, when a person gets off after doing a terrible crime, such as murder or attempting to bribe a foreign nation with taxpayer money to help their political campaign, they’d lay low. But then again, O.J. did write a book titled “If I did it,” which was a “hypothetical” description of how he “would have” conducted the murders “if he did it.” Interestingly enough, O.J. was supposed to give an interview on a network special to promote “If I did it” before it was canceled after affiliates protested. I’ll give you one guess to name that network. Clue: It’s the same one Trump and each of his sycophants favor and has its hosts speaking at his rallies. Maybe O.J.’s ghostwriter could be available for Trump’s version of “If I did it.”

Donald Trump is acquitted. That’s a fact, just like it’s a fact he’s impeached. Many members of the Trump cult claim he’s not impeached because he was acquitted. So, don’t be like them in saying his acquittal isn’t real. It is. What isn’t real is his exoneration. Because quite frankly, Donald Trump is about as exonerated as O.J.

And another thing Trump and O.J. have in common…they both did it.

• Upvote 6

Does he smear his face-paint in his hair too?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

20200208_jones1.JPG.1abf4c2e84c977c272dcea16802faa4f.JPG

"Trump Bloodletting"

Who’s going to get frogmarched out of the White House next, the photographer?

In voting against impeachment, Maine Senator Susan Collins felt Donald Trump had been punished enough and said part of the reason she voted for acquittal was that he had “learned his lesson.” That’s as naive as believing the Justice Department will investigate the president (sic) for exacting revenge against those who came forward and testified against him.

Donald Trump will not be happy until there’s no one left in the White House, including in non-political positions, and in his party except for toadies and sycophants. His idiot and corrupt son, Don Jr., tweeted that Senator Mitt Romney should be kicked out of the GOP for voting to remove Trump from office.

Yesterday, late on a Friday when most Americans aren’t paying attention to Washington, Trump removed Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the decorated war hero who still has shrapnel in his body, for testifying against him before Congress. Vindman was the top Ukraine policy officer on the National Security Council. Trump didn’t just remove Vindman. He also removed Yevgeny Vindman, who serves as a senior lawyer on the NSC, whose only crime is being Alexander’s twin brother and looking like him. Ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland who testified there was definitely a quid pro quo, was also ousted.

Donald Trump didn’t learn a lesson. He’s trying to teach a lesson that any criticism of him, or patriotism that goes against Trumpism, will be punished.

Yesterday, Trump ranted against his perceived enemies, describing them as “vicious,” “horrible,” “bad,” “dirty,” and “corrupt.” He retweeted calls to exact revenge and the White House Press Secretary told Fox News that Trump had been treated unfairly and that “maybe people should pay for that.” The White House actually issued a statement, “Will there be no retribution?”

Others have already fled to avoid the bloodletting, like former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch; William B. Taylor Jr., her replacement; vice presidential aide Jennifer Williams; State Department official Michael McKinley; special envoy for Ukraine negotiations Kurt Volker; and NSC official Tim Morrison. There’s talk of removing Michael Atkinson, the inspector general of the intelligence community and Victoria Coates, the deputy national security adviser, who has told coworkers she “fears for her job.” Let’s not forget James Comey was fired from the top position of the FBI for investigating Trump, and his deputy, Andrew McCabe, hours before he was to qualify for his pension. Donald Trump will ruin careers and lives over his pettiness.

I guess they can consider themselves lucky to be victims of Trump’s bloodletting before he goes full banana republic and eliminates opponents with anti-aircraft guns and feeding them to dogs as they do in his buddy Kim Jong Un’s North Korea.

There were questions as to how Donald Trump would react after the impeachment trial was over. We’re finding out and none of it’s a surprise, except maybe to Susan Collins. The Senate told Donald Trump he can do whatever he wants. The Justice Department has told him the same thing and now he’s doing it. The man has no restraint. Now, it’s a crime to criticize Donald Trump, even if a subpoena orders you to testify.

It’s not just being critical or pointing out facts that make you an enemy of Donald Trump. Being a patriot makes you an enemy of Donald Trump. And it’s not just in Washington.

Yesterday, a newspaper editor of a small daily in Mississippi, a FREAKING NEWSPAPER EDITOR, responded to one of my mass email solicitations by saying my cartoons on Donald Trump were “unAmerican.” And, I didn’t even send the solicitation to this guy. It was forwarded to him by a staffer and it bothered him so much, he felt the need to scold me for criticizing Dear Leader. A newspaperman literally told me that criticizing the President of the United States is unAmerican. And keep in mind, this particular president has called the free press “enemies of the American people.” Journalists for Trump is even more confusing than blacks for Trump.

We are now entering serious and dangerous banana republic terrority. Republicans are not just defending Donald Trump’s authoritarian and dictatorial tendencies and desires, they’re encouraging it.

It’s not unAmerican to criticize Donald Trump. In fact, criticizing and making fun of the President of the United States if the most American thing you can do. Right now, it’s more important to criticize the president (sic) of the United States than it has ever been in our nation’s history. But if you support Donald Trump, then you’re pro-banana republic.

In fact, supporting Donald Trump is the most un-American and unpatriotic thing you can do.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic