IGNORED

Rush Limbaugh

47of74

Good point 

I listen to some talk radio hosts who indulged a bit of black humor on the news of Rush Limbaugh’s death. Recalling Limbaugh’s mantra that he had “talent on loan from God,” they noted that the almighty had called in the loan. That I can listen to their show — and a massive menu of on-air gabbers — owes in no small part to Limbaugh, who busted the bronco of Reagan and Clinton-era conservatism to become a pioneering host of national, political radio.

But the admonition to speak no ill of the dead is waived in the case of those whose legacy includes serious public harm.

If all El Rushbo had done was entertain adoring “dittoheads” and some outrage-enjoying liberals, with taunts of “feminazis” and animal lovers (playing “Born Free” to the sound of gunfire and squawking wildlife), he’d be remembered as controversial but innocuous.

Unfortunately, the trajectory of his career arced from entertainment revolutionary to Donald Trump’s sock puppet, the Father Coughlin of 21st-century racism, fascism and sewer-level discourse.

• Upvote 8

So far they’ve raised over 800 grand. 

The owner of a popular Instagram meme account has raised almost half a million dollars for Planned Parenthood in the wake of longtime conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh's death.

Tommy Marcus, whose bio on his Instagram account @Quentin.Quarantino refers to himself as "leftist scum," began the campaign by posting his $100 donation to the reproductive health care nonprofit in Limbaugh's "honor."

Yeah I chipped in my $10 for this. 

Spoiler

84D523C5-B7AB-4D2A-9BEB-BB23DE9A9DAB.thumb.jpeg.4fbf8cc3a292dab902c20380ecbc5966.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 2/20/2021 at 10:44 AM, 47of74 said:

So far they’ve raised over 800 grand. 

Yeah I chipped in my $10 for this. 

Reveal hidden contents

84D523C5-B7AB-4D2A-9BEB-BB23DE9A9DAB.thumb.jpeg.4fbf8cc3a292dab902c20380ecbc5966.jpeg

It's over $1M now!

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

It's over $1M now!

Sure is and Ben Shapiro's site is grumbling about it too.

Over1Mil.png.1b079a767c9089611d625fa6f44caed5.png

• Upvote 8

Limpy was buried in St. Louis. 

Conservative media icon Rush Limbaugh was laid to rest in a St. Louis cemetery.

Limbaugh, who was born in Cape Girardeau, Missouri in 1951, died at the age of 70 on Feb. 17, 2021 after a battle with lung cancer. Sources told News 4 he was laid to rest Wednesday at the Bellefontaine Cemetery at 4947 West Florissant Avenue in north St. Louis.

My sister thought it a bit strange he was buried there and not in Florida or Cape Girardeau.

I wonder how many people are trying to come back from the dead long enough to get up and move out of that cemetery. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

Maybe he thought fewer people would make a pilgrimage to Cape Girardeau Missouri to pee on his grave then would make the side trip to Florida when they're visiting one of Florida's other attractions.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

And who may be profiting from this charity?  Wait...I think I know.

This fur baby?

image.png.7f3c47e5e2c4e129d794b116907fc87e.png

• Haha 13

• 2 months later...