IGNORED

Rush Limbaugh

47of74

I have no sympathy at all for him and I've lost more than a few family members to cancer. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

I've seen two colleagues of mine, plus the father of a friend succumb to lung cancer. It's a nasty, horrible way to go, mostly because it tends to spread to the brain, and in the end they slowly lose all cognitive function. I pity anyone who has to go that way... even in this case.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I've seen two colleagues of mine, plus the father of a friend succumb to lung cancer. It's a nasty, horrible way to go, mostly because it tends to spread to the brain, and in the end they slowly lose all cognitive function. I pity anyone who has to go that way... even in this case.

Nope.  And I can say this from a position of some authority.  I have cancer and I certainly don't waste pity on myself.  I save it for those young adults who are still raising children while they deal with this disease process.  I particularly save it for children with cancer who deserve a much better and longer life.  I'm doing well and have gone through multiple rounds of chemo but I'm a year older than Rush and we've both gotten pretty much a full life span in already.  We're old farts.  You get to seventy and you're close to the jumping off place anyway.  At this point, you have to consider heart disease and any number of other things that can get you.

I don't get maudlin or scared over death.  It's silly to be afraid of something that happens to everybody.  And if I don't pity myself, I'm certainly not going to pity some fool who spent his years making money off of hate-mongering and trying to ruin this country. I just hope he sticks around long enough to see Trump go down in flames.

Edited by Xan
  • Love 26

9 hours ago, Xan said:

Nope.  And I can say this from a position of some authority.  I have cancer and I certainly don't waste pity on myself.  I save it for those young adults who are still raising children while they deal with this disease process.  I particularly save it for children with cancer who deserve a much better and longer life.  I'm doing well and have gone through multiple rounds of chemo but I'm a year older than Rush and we've both gotten pretty much a full life span in already.  We're old farts.  You get to seventy and you're close to the jumping off place anyway.  At this point, you have to consider heart disease and any number of other things that can get you.

I don't get maudlin or scared over death.  It's silly to be afraid of something that happens to everybody.  And if I don't pity myself, I'm certainly not going to pity some fool who spent his years making money off of hate-mongering and trying to ruin this country. I just hope he sticks around long enough to see Trump go down in flames.

Ah, @Xan... you are right, of course. 

First of all, I still think it sucks that you have cancer, and well, maybe it's not pity I feel.. but I do feel sorry for you and I really wish you all the best. And even if you're an old fart, as you call yourself, I still hope you beat this thing. :romance-heartsmiley:

It's true what you say though. Everybody dies. Like my late gran always used to say: A person has to die from something. However, some 'somethings' are preferable to others... and some things I do not wish upon others.

Edited by fraurosena
fixed tag
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I got nothin', other than I hope his circle of hell is a liberal progressive radio talk show that goes on for eternity and he has to sit and listen with tape over his mouth.

He spread hate, fear and vitriol for decades.  Karma's a bitch.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I got nothin', other than I hope his circle of hell is a liberal progressive radio talk show that goes on for eternity and he has to sit and listen with tape over his mouth.

Ooh, yes, and interspersed with old speeches given by Hillary. 

• Haha 9

• 1 month later...

Such a vile excuse for a human being:

• Upvote 4

Trust me, there are days that I want to say if you take mitch, ted, Lindsay, cotton and all of the rest of your buddies with you, don't let the door hit you on the hiney.

I would want to give a one-year warning and help minorities and non cis people leave. I would also like to give educated people the opportunity to leave, as well as people who want to live in their Republican Utopia the chance to leave whatever state they're in and move to Trumplandia. 

Edited by Audrey2
  • I Agree 7

• 2 months later...
Just now, SPHASH said:

Rush is dead.  Not gonna grieve, may he burn in hell.

I am trying to remember "Every man's death diminishes me (Donne)"  but no, not in this case. 

• I Agree 7

So much hate and the use of a platform for spreading that hate and vile lies. The world will not miss what he was shoveling! 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I thought he might be on his way out and knew it. Sometimes I turn on right-wing radio for either a laugh (local people call in to local RW shows and say really crazy things) or to just hear what they are peddling. Last time I turned on Rush he was ... not interesting or angry or anything. He was lamenting his career, and that was boring to me so I turned it off. I mentioned it to my partner who was the one who convinced me to spend at least one commute a week listening to something other than my NPR bubble, and he said the same thing. Like Rush is clearly at the end of the road and knows it. 

If only there was an after life for his soul to never rest and never be at piece. People who spend decades (I remember Rush being on the radio when I was a child) peddling lies, hate, and snapple should not be remembered fondly. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

I thought he might be on his way out and knew it. Sometimes I turn on right-wing radio for either a laugh (local people call in to local RW shows and say really crazy things) or to just hear what they are peddling. Last time I turned on Rush he was ... not interesting or angry or anything. He was lamenting his career, and that was boring to me so I turned it off. I mentioned it to my partner who was the one who convinced me to spend at least one commute a week listening to something other than my NPR bubble, and he said the same thing. Like Rush is clearly at the end of the road and knows it. 

If only there was an after life for his soul to never rest and never be at piece. People who spend decades (I remember Rush being on the radio when I was a child) peddling lies, hate, and snapple should not be remembered fondly. 

For similar reasons to yours, anytime I am in the car I always listen to right wing radio for at least 5 mins. Much of the time this would be during RL’s show. God his words could get under my skin.

• Upvote 4

This is why I'd like to believe in reincarnation.  If there was any justice in the world, in a few days Rush would be reborn as a dung beetle.  (My apologies to all decent dung beetles for this thought.)

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Xan said:

This is why I'd like to believe in reincarnation.  If there was any justice in the world, in a few days Rush would be reborn as a dung beetle.  (My apologies to all decent dung beetles for this thought.)

If reincarnation was real I would like Rush to come back as a black Muslim lesbian or one of Ted Kennedy's descendants. Apologies to blacks, Muslims, the LGBTQ community, and the Kennedy family.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yeah he’s gone now. 

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative commentator whose fiery rhetoric forged a new landscape for talk radio and inflamed the partisan divide that came to characterize political discourse in the U.S., has died, according to an announcement on his radio show Wednesday.

• Upvote 3

Just now, SPHASH said:

If reincarnation was real I would like Rush to come back as a black Muslim lesbian or one of Ted Kennedy's descendants, apologies to blacks, Muslims, the LGBTQ community, and the Kennedys

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 2

Hey at least he lived long enough to see 81 million Americans reject his hero. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

"I never wished death for anyone, but there were some obituaries I've read with pleasure." (attributed to Mark Twain) That pretty much sums up how I feel about him.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I hope he gets reincarnated as a cockroach. 

Fuck him. 

I am thinking a mosquito so someone could slap him.

is anyone else either literally or figuratively skipping around singing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead or is it just me?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I am thinking a mosquito so someone could slap him.

is anyone else either literally or figuratively skipping around singing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead or is it just me?

Yeah I was. 

And I'll just set this right here...

• Thank You 5

Really though Limbaugh was one of the first manifestations of cancer, and I do not use that word lightly since my sister has just been diagnosed. His hateful poison metastasized to Fox news including O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, Carlson and others and ultimately to Trump. Make no mistake without them bother would have been no Trump in all probability.

• Upvote 16

Hmmmm....good question.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2