IGNORED

The Postmodern Family: Traditional Values, Modern World

Mozzie

I just decided to make a thread on this site about these people on YouTube because I watch them occasionally, mainly just to snark at their odd (in my opinion) right wing stuff. But today I watched a new video of theirs and in it, I felt they were explaining something to their daughter in a way that was very biased to their religious beliefs and wasn't giving them a fair view of the world. Rather than comment directly on the video, I felt it would be better to make a thread on a forum like this one so there would be a space for people who want to be criticial of a YouTube channel without attacks from their fans in the comments. A place for the other side to be discussed if you will. 

A quick introduction: I got their videos in my YouTube recomended videos feed a couple of years ago and these videos were ones were they, as Americans living in the UK, making comments on classic UK TV shows etc. as well as children and pregnancy vlogs and homeschooling videos. However they do have a lot dedicated to their right-wing and Christian traditional beliefs on the social and political issues of the day. 

As well as the YouTube channel, they also have a website, a Facebook page and a Patreon page and they sell merch branded with them on it. Rather than my posting any links to their media, it's probably best just to search for them and see what you think of their stuff. 

Let's see if anyone else is interesting in having a space to make more objective comments about them. 

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this double-post is OK but I've put their most religious themed video so far. There's such a weird dichotomy in their behaviour regarding how people should comment on the video. They are refreshing enough to suggest to people it's not a great idea to argue and have flame fights online so they suggest people don't comment too much on the video discussing abortion. But early on, they asked people not to leave the comments about the USA being 'inhumane' for not having an NHS. 

This video is innacurate about Margaret Sanger's life and Planned Parenthood for a start.