IGNORED

Misc Movie Stuff

47of74

Thought I’d start a catch all place for movie stuff.

To start...I was at the local Hy-Vee last night when I saw this. 
FE11B53D-8DAF-4F92-AC63-47A2514519D6.thumb.jpeg.4241063562c8f7b9f95e14963f8b18d7.jpeg

I call it Life Imitating Spaceballs. 

Yesterday I watched Moulin Rouge at a theater.  Strictly Ballroom is a favorite of mine, and I was struck by the similarity of some of the scenes between those two Luhrmann productions.  Also, I noticed a cameo by Tara Morice (Fran in Strictly Ballroom), and at least one other from the cast of Strictly Ballroom.  I bet there are others.  Anyway, I really enjoyed Moulin Rouge better on the big screen.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

We watched Doctor Sleep, which is a continuation of The Shining.  It had been years since we watched The Shining, and so we watched it last night to fill in our memory gaps.  It was almost like we’d never seen it before, with a few more plot points (and stranger) than we recalled.  Really recommend watching The Shining prior to Doctor Sleep.  

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck 

It seems the spice won’t flow until next year, as Warner Bros. and Legendary are moving Denis Villeneueve‘s Dune off its December release date and will unveil the epic sci-fi movie on Oct. 1, 2021, Collider has exclusively learned.

The big-budget adaptation of Frank Herbert’s iconic novel boasts an all-star ensemble including Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Jason Momoa, Stellan Skarsgård and Oscar winner Javier Bardem.

Dune had been slated to open on Dec. 18, but Warner Bros. recently moved Wonder Woman 1984 to Christmas Day, which seemed to complicate matters. At the time, a source told Collider that Warner Bros. was confident the marketplace could support multiple tentpoles, as it has every year around the holidays, but with no vaccine in sight, Americans have remained reluctant to return to theaters even though no new COVID-19 cases have been traced back to cinemas.

I was looking forward to seeing it too. 

• Upvote 2