Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

Recommended Posts

usmcmom

Bethany has quite the tale to tell in her IG stories. Apparently, while she was shopping in a thrift store today, a young man, about twenty years old, hit on her. Bethany made it clear she was married and had a baby and then he “sprinted” away all embarrassed. (Sure, Jan)
 

Then she goes on to tell us that IF she was looking for a man, she certainky would not be looking in a thrift store! 
 

Like...what the frack, Bethany?!? YOU ARE IN A THRIFT STORE!!  What’s wrong with people who go to thrift stores?  
 

These people are so hateful and arrogant. Also. I wish Bethany would stop burying her lips under her makeup. 

  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
31 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Bethany has quite the tale to tell in her IG stories. Apparently, while she was shopping in a thrift store today, a young man, about twenty years old, hit on her. Bethany made it clear she was married and had a baby and then he “sprinted” away all embarrassed. (Sure, Jan)
 

Then she goes on to tell us that IF she was looking for a man, she certainky would not be looking in a thrift store! 
 

Like...what the frack, Bethany?!? YOU ARE IN A THRIFT STORE!!  What’s wrong with people who go to thrift stores?  
 

These people are so hateful and arrogant. Also. I wish Bethany would stop burying her lips under her makeup. 

No one is hitting on you Bethany. We are all just starved for human interaction thanks to the stay at home orders. The poor guy probably just wanted to socialize. And there’s nothing wrong with a guy in a thrift store. She’s such a snob.

Btw, I hate how the Baird sisters wear shorts. They buy them 2 sizes too big for the sake of modesty. They look awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
AmericanRose

So I just found out that apparently Kristen and Bethany have 2 younger sisters, and I wonder why they're not expanding their, uh, "brand".

Aren't Kristen and Bethany around 30? I know Kristen is married and Bethany has a kid (and a husband, ofc) so I would think they would spin off into "Woman Defined", dealing with marriage and motherhood, and let their younger sisters do "Girl Defined".

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
Just now, AmericanRose said:

So I just found out that apparently Kristen and Bethany have 2 younger sisters, and I wonder why they're not expanding their, uh, "brand".

Aren't Kristen and Bethany around 30? I know Kristen is married and Bethany has a kid (and a husband, ofc) so I would think they would spin off into "Woman Defined", dealing with marriage and motherhood, and let their younger sisters do "Girl Defined".

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

They have three younger sisters and three brothers. The Baird parents have 5 girls and 3 boys I believe. Kristen and Bethany are the oldest girls. They have chosen one sister to fill in for Bethany now that she has a baby. I forget that sister’s name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Seahorse Wrangler
14 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

So I just found out that apparently Kristen and Bethany have 2 younger sisters, and I wonder why they're not expanding their, uh, "brand".

Aren't Kristen and Bethany around 30? I know Kristen is married and Bethany has a kid (and a husband, ofc) so I would think they would spin off into "Woman Defined", dealing with marriage and motherhood, and let their younger sisters do "Girl Defined".

Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Despite her extensive research, Bethany seems totally overwhelmed at being a mother. I think she's surprised at the amount of work it actually takes  to care for a new born. She still manages to go to the parental home a lot for sister momming help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
AmericanRose
1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Despite her extensive research, Bethany seems totally overwhelmed at being a mother. I think she's surprised at the amount of work it actually takes  to care for a new born. She still manages to go to the parental home a lot for sister momming help.

But would that really stop her from talking about motherhood as though she's an expert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

All the fundie princesses seem to have a hard time dealing with their newborns. Bethany, Braggie, Charlotte just to name a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All the fundie princesses seem to have a hard time dealing with their newborns. Bethany, Braggie, Charlotte just to name a few. 

Some of them seem to go into parenting with naive expectations. They have no idea how their privilege plays into their expectations.  "As long as I follow these rules, this new little person will do exactly what I want them to do, when I want them to do it, how I want them to do it! #blessed" When the baby doesn't follow what all the parenting books - and all their mom friends - say will happen, that must be such a let down. They teach a pretty prosperity gospel - as long as I do X, Y will happen. It's not as blatant as, say, Jesse Duplantis telling his followers to send him money to buy another private jet, but the principal is the same. 

Edited by Giraffe
changing my wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

Some of them seem to go into parenting with naive expectations. They have no idea how their privilege plays into their expectations.  "As long as I follow these rules, this new little person will do exactly what I want them to do, when I want them to do it, how I want them to do it! #blessed" When the baby doesn't follow what all the parenting books - and all their mom friends - say will happen, that must be such a let down. They teach a pretty prosperity gospel - as long as I do X, Y will happen. It's not as blatant as, say, Jesse Duplantis telling his followers to send him money to buy another private jet, but the principal is the same. 

True. I went into parenting with open eyes and it was still so hard for me due to sleep deprivation and PPD/PPA. It probably would have been even worse for me if I went in so naive like them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Hane
Posted (edited)

One thing that surprises me about these new fundie moms: Many of them are among the oldest kids in large families, so you’d think they’d have some experience with babies. I am the oldest of three (the “baby” was born when I was 12) and I did a lot of babysitting for my sisters, cousins, and neighbors. The only road bump I hit with my own baby was breastfeeding—I’m the first person in a couple  of generations to have done it.

Edited by Hane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
15 hours ago, Hane said:

One thing that surprises me about these new fundie moms: Many of them are among the oldest kids in large families, so you’d think they’d have some experience with babies. I am the oldest of three (the “baby” was born when I was 12) and I did a lot of babysitting for my sisters, cousins, and neighbors. The only road bump I hit with my own baby was breastfeeding—I’m the first person in a couple  of generations to have done it.

Braggie only has one brother. Charlotte is the youngest of three sisters. And Bethany is the second oldest girl in a privileged fundie family with only 8 kids. And Bethany said she was never a baby person. I doubt she had much experience with actual babies. She probably has more experience with older kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
AmericanRose
Posted (edited)

It's different when it's your Instagram on the line.

What if the baby makes your life look messy and imperfect?! 🤯

Edited by AmericanRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
AmericanRose

Well, at least the GirlDefined Conference will have mostly women speakers, unlike the Make Women Great Again conference. 🙄
I do find it interesting that the husbands will be speaking.

A few events:
9:00 P.M. – SURPRISE PARTY & BOOK SIGNING WITH KRISTEN & BETHANY
I don't think it's a surprise if everyone knows about it beforehand.

What to Look For in a Guy Besides “He’s Christian”
Navigating Relationships and Romance in a God-Honoring Way

Given that Paul and Morgan act so awkward and juvenile about sex and... well, in general, I don't think they're the best ones to talk about relationships. What were Kristen and Bethany thinking? They're married so they're experts? Have they ever seen an episode of "The Paul and Morgan Show"??

5 Truths for Overcoming Crazy-Girl Emotions
Thanks, Kristen, for the stereotype.

Why Our Modern Culture of Self-Love Is More Harmful than Helpful
Bethany is doing this break out session, but I can see Mrs. Midwest being into it.

Serving God Through Missions and Orphan Work
Missioncations are totally valid and important!

  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Seahorse Wrangler
25 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:



5 Truths for Overcoming Crazy-Girl Emotions
Thanks, Kristen, for the stereotype.
 

Will that include How to Cry in Your Parent's Bed for Two Weeks in a God-Honoring Manner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Barrrrfffff. What about crazy boy emotions? I’m so sick of fundies acting like women are only driven by emotions that none of us can handle. Sorry but there are tons of adult males who seem to be driven by their emotions *cough* trump *cough.*

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
smittykins

Well, we women have hormones, doncha know. :pb_rollseyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
12 hours ago, smittykins said:

Well, we women have hormones, doncha know. :pb_rollseyes:

And men have.... hormones. It’s just crazy to me that people think boys and girls are made so completely different. Boys have hormones and emotions during the teen years. But the boys are taught to hide them and only let them out if they are angry. I have two boys and they are both very emotional little people. I imagine the teen years will be a rollercoaster of emotions just like the girls in their class. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Seahorse Wrangler
14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And men have.... hormones. It’s just crazy to me that people think boys and girls are made so completely different. Boys have hormones and emotions during the teen years. But the boys are taught to hide them and only let them out if they are angry. I have two boys and they are both very emotional little people. I imagine the teen years will be a rollercoaster of emotions just like the girls in their class. 

I have a 15 yo SeaColt. Honestly apart from sanitary protection, the emotions, eating and general "you can't tell me what to do, please drive me somewhere" are identical to my older SeaFillies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl
On 5/23/2020 at 7:05 PM, usmcmom said:

 Also. I wish Bethany would stop burying her lips under her makeup. 

I stumbled across some reddit snark on Bethany ("Birthy") and Dāv ("Däåv")  visiting a coffee shop.  There was a LOT of snark about her weird lip makeup, among other things.   And I thought fj could snark hard.  These folks, oh my goodness.  Anyway, reddit seems fairly obsessed with Girl Defined and B & D, and there is relentless discussion over whether Dāv is gay, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marmion
On 5/23/2020 at 8:05 PM, usmcmom said:

I wish Bethany would stop burying her lips under her makeup

She doesn't always wear lipstick though .  In case anyone is curious about what she looks like with out it , here are some photos .  

Spoiler

75523352_445868799432268_423280789489212

Spoiler

76910259_147157416628643_707971288200688

Spoiler

True-love-looks-like-GirlDefined.com_-1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I’m not a makeup artist. However Princess Bethy has a very thin upper lip. And I think sometimes the way she wears her makeup can accentuate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mhainlen
On 6/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, Howl said:

I stumbled across some reddit snark on Bethany ("Birthy") and Dāv ("Däåv")  visiting a coffee shop.  There was a LOT of snark about her weird lip makeup, among other things.   And I thought fj could snark hard.  These folks, oh my goodness.  Anyway, reddit seems fairly obsessed with Girl Defined and B & D, and there is relentless discussion over whether Dāv is gay, of course. 

Yah. Some of those Reddit subs are incredibly obsessed with her.  I think we have way stranger, way more shocking, way more snark worthy families to follow over here and don’t understand all the attention she gets there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
4 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

Yah. Some of those Reddit subs are incredibly obsessed with her.  I think we have way stranger, way more shocking, way more snark worthy families to follow over here and don’t understand all the attention she gets there.  

Bethy is way too annoying for me to obsess over. The way she and Kristin talk is what I would call valley girl Christian. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
freethemall
15 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

Yah. Some of those Reddit subs are incredibly obsessed with her.  I think we have way stranger, way more shocking, way more snark worthy families to follow over here and don’t understand all the attention she gets there.  

Yep, I've followed r/fundiesnark and sometimes will check both here and there and even when Bethany does something interesting there will be like 2 comments here and several posts with long comment threads there. The sub is also obsessed with Mrs Midwest, Paul and Morgan, and Jill Rod. Of course Duggars and Bates. But, for example, nothing about the recent "surprise" Maxwell wedding. I will admit the Bairds are enraging. They have done some #blacklivesmatter posts recently even after unashamedly bragging about their family's fascist history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Seahorse Wrangler

reddit tends to be a more youthful snark population than FJ. So the younger fundies tend to resonate more personally with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.