IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

I only really follow GD's antics through Reddit. Someone there posted a video of Bethany giving Dave a haircut (I'm not going to use his annoying speshul-snowflake spelling, sorry)... I only made it a few minutes in and had to stop because there was waaaaay too much of Bethy and Dave kissing on camera. Sorry, but PDA like that is decidedly Not Modest. I know you're married and allowed to have sex now, but doesn't mean anyone wants to see you vaccum each other's tonsils on camera. Turn the camera off and go get a room, for Rufus' sake!

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

On 1/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Jasmar said:

They’re actually talking about the first time they had sex? That is just…no thanks.

In 'best ad placement ever' - the ad on my screen with your post had something to do with knee pain but the caption read:

"It takes less than 30 seconds (and you can do it right at home).  Start now. "

• Haha 24

12 minutes ago, PopRox said:

I only really follow GD's antics through Reddit. Someone there posted a video of Bethany giving Dave a haircut (I'm not going to use his annoying speshul-snowflake spelling, sorry)... I only made it a few minutes in and had to stop because there was waaaaay too much of Bethy and Dave kissing on camera. Sorry, but PDA like that is decidedly Not Modest. I know you're married and allowed to have sex now, but doesn't mean anyone wants to see you vaccum each other's tonsils on camera. Turn the camera off and go get a room, for Rufus' sake!

What kills me is not only the PDAs, but the incredible awkwardness involved. Dave is either not into Bethany or not into PDAs, but he’s constantly forced into these public displays. 
I’ve also been following them on Reddit, and following the advice of posters to watch with the sound off. The body language is so telling. It’s bizarre to me that B tries to present this as a happy Christian marriage. I know it’s her brand, but it’s sad to think she might be influencing young viewers into thinking that’s the kind of marriage to which they should aspire.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A lot of people have complained that Monat totally fucked up their hair. I wouldn’t touch that overpriced MLM with a ten foot pole. 

Reminds me of this scene from a sitcom episode I saw .   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Dave's behaviour and the awkwardness between them won't make those persistent Ex-gay rumours go away.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 1/26/2020 at 1:48 AM, squiddysquid said:

Dave's behaviour and the awkwardness between them won't make those persistent Ex-gay rumours go away.

The best case scenario here  would be Dav just not being into Birthy but otherwise still into women .  

• I Agree 2

Has Princess Bethy had much experience with babies? I’m just wondering how much of a shock this will be to her. She has 3 younger sisters but I doubt she was a sister mom beyond your basic helping out and household chores. She’s having the first grandchild in her family. So maybe she hasn’t been around newborns much. If that’s true, I think she's in for a surprise. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, I dont get the sense she was a sister mom. She also isn't a an aunt yet and so hasn't  had to help Kristen raise any children. 

Her older brothers have children I  think.  Pretty sure she has two nieces and a nephew or something like that.  Although nothing prepares you until you have your own!

They're so cringey I can't watch any of their videos.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Deanie said:

Her older brothers have children I  think.  Pretty sure she has two nieces and a nephew or something like that.  Although nothing prepares you until you have your own!

They're so cringey I can't watch any of their videos.

I always for get about the brother of this family. What is he like? Is his wife like Bethany and Kristin?

• Upvote 1

Listening to their voices is like getting shot repeatedly in the face with a BB gun. Or having an awl poked into my ears.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful. Plus it’s such an immature topic in my experience. I’m tall and I used to be obsessed about only dating males my height or taller than me. As I got older, I just stopped giving a fuck. I think this is a problem for young and immature people. Not mature adults. I’m slightly taller than my husband and it’s no big deal at all. Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever. I don’t think she and Dav are compatible. But it has nothing to do with height.

67A70B8B-C99E-4A76-872F-C2E9404DB601.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful.

Wow...

• I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever

Wow , she's even one or two inches taller than I am .  I only wish that women like her could feel that as a woman she may stand tall , on her own two feet , and not feel like she  has to be in the shadow of a man . 

• Upvote 7

The mainstream culture does push for men to be taller than women in relationships. However I would guess that gender roles are so strongly pushed that it’s even more prevalent in fundie culture. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

The valedictorian of my high school class is six feet tall, taller than her husband, and showed up at our reunion in 4” heels. Good for her!

• Love 5

That blog is a train wreck. Seems it was their first item of discussion on their first date. And poor Bethune had to spiritually work through it. SMH. I used their Facebook to get the link and the comments there are pretty bad,too.  One woman said she doesn’t think a man can be a leader if his wife is taller than him. 

These people’s shallowness never ceases to amaze me. 

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That blog is a train wreck. Seems it was their first item of discussion on their first date. And poor Bethune had to spiritually work through it. SMH. I used their Facebook to get the link and the comments there are pretty bad,too.  One woman said she doesn’t think a man can be a leader if his wife is taller than him. 

These people’s shallowness never ceases to amaze me. 

Welp I guess she needs to tell that to my great grandparents. They were married for 75 years and my great grandma was very obviously taller than my great grandfather. And she wore heels everyday. Neither of them cared at all.

• Love 5

I imagine my future husband will be taller than me. That's less because of my personal preferences and more just statistics. I'm 5'2"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I imagine my future husband will be taller than me. That's less because of my personal preferences and more just statistics. I'm 5'2"

When I was 5’2” (before I achieved my current Amazonian height of 5’3”), back in high school and envied my tall girl friends,  my next door neighbor, mother of a 5’5” son, said, “But the short boys need somebody to date, too!” Both Ex-Mr.-Hanes were six footers. (They also had blue eyes and big ears. I must have had a “type.”)

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful. Plus it’s such an immature topic in my experience. I’m tall and I used to be obsessed about only dating males my height or taller than me. As I got older, I just stopped giving a fuck. I think this is a problem for young and immature people. Not mature adults. I’m slightly taller than my husband and it’s no big deal at all. Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever. I don’t think she and Dav are compatible. But it has nothing to do with height.

67A70B8B-C99E-4A76-872F-C2E9404DB601.jpeg

He looks like he's palpating her abdomen during a physical exam.  She's turning her head and is about to cough to check for the presence of a hernia.  Sorry, I'm a nurse.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

Are there any pictures of the two of them where they look comfortable with each other? They’re just as awkward now as they were before marriage!

• I Agree 3