Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

28 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Have they not gone away yet?

That thread picture - perfect! It really could be them :D

Screenshot_20200123_130117.jpg

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

From the last post ( sorry, I copied and now forgot who said this. I'm bad at quoting from last threads)

Posted Friday at 10:38 AM

C-sections are far from a walk in the park. Every woman I know who had both vaginal births and C-sections would choose v-births (excluding any complications) hands down. It’s tough enough caring for a newborn without having to cope with recuperation from major abdominal surgery at the same time. And then there’s the fun of being restricted from climbing stairs when your laundry room is most likely in the basement.

This is true!  I had two and, ouchie!  There's a mental element to it as well. You know your guts were just taken out and put back in.  This makes many feel that they could spill out at any moment!  

I don't wish anything horrible to happen to Birthy. However, you just don't really know what to expect the first time, especially.  I took Bradley Method classes and was convinced I could push that baby out no problemo.  I was made for this! My hips were not small, I got this!  Ahhhh, sweet summer child I was. 

My contractions never really let up. I never did get that break. My water broke and there was a ton of meconium.  Off to hospital I go. I thought ( due to the non stop pain) that the baby just may come in the car. Nope, I was only 3 cm. Baby was in distress. Emergency c-section it was. I was sofucking relieved!!!!!  Suddenly,  it all seemed so vaginal.  It hit me what was about to happen and I was terrified!  Which, DUH!  I was pretty delusional about the whole thing. I didn't want a home birth but I wanted to labor at home as long as possible.  With candles, music and some hippie shit happening.  HA!   You just have to be open to possibilities is my experience.  A birth plan is great, but, it may never happen.  Important to realize that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That thread picture - perfect! It really could be them :D

I posted that picture of White Chicks on the last thread because I think they look so much like them! ?

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I posted that picture of White Chicks on the last thread because I think they look so much like them! ?

It can't be posted enough. White Chicks nailed the look of these two. Heck, Mrs. Midwest has the same look. 

Do these right kind of christian blogs all watch the same youtube video to achieve this vanilla look? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

It can't be posted enough. White Chicks nailed the look of these two. Heck, Mrs. Midwest has the same look. 

Do these right kind of christian blogs all watch the same youtube video to achieve this vanilla look? 

Actually they copied White Chicks.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That shot is the smuggest thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been around FJ for awhile now. God, how can they breathe through the hot air in that room!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Jasmar said:

That shot is the smuggest thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been around FJ for awhile now. God, how can they breathe through the hot air in that room!

Their faces say: “I just let a hot fart in a crowded elevator and left.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

I’m watching Dave & Bethany’s “marriage, sex, the ‘FIRST’ time” video on the GD channel. Watching them is like watching fourteen year olds in their first relationship. They’re so immature! 

One of the marriage books they recommend is the one they wrote. Because of course it is. (They’ve been married barely over a tear ?‍♀️)

Edited by Giraffe
Adding book suggestion ?
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

They’re actually talking about the first time they had sex? That is just…no thanks.

It’s quite bizarre. Bethany basically asks Dave if he was nervous for their first time. His body language is incredibly awkward, and he completely denies any nerves whatsoever. It’s really pretty sad. They are such an awkward couple. And who doesn’t get nervous the first time they have sex with someone? Why deny that? Fragile masculinity? Makes no sense.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

You couldn’t pay me 1 million dollars to talk openly about my first time having sex for all the world to see. I’m not even much of a prude. I would gladly talk about my sex life with friends. And I have plenty of times. But that’s because I trust my friends and they know and understand me. I would never want to talk about it to a bunch of strangers. How uncomfortable. I can’t imagine living my life like that. Where fans know every detail of my life. It’s creepy as fuck.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

It was super cringey. Fortunately they didn’t give any details other than answering whether Dave was nervous, but it was weird they even answered that one. Bethany said “a lot of men are nervous their first time*” but didn’t say anything about if she was nervous. I don’t think either of them needed to answer it but it was weird, as though he was the only one expected to be nervous. 

The whole thing reminded me of Jennifer Garner’s character, Jenna, in 13 going on 30 where Jenna (who is 13 but in a 30yo’s body) has a sleepover with some tweenage girls and gives them sisterly advice - it’s awkward because Jenna was really 13, so she couldn’t really answer their questions but she seemed so grown-up because she’s in the body of a 30yo. 

* I think those were her exact words but I might be wrong

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I feel like their ministry is really just about filling their desperate need for attention. I wonder what their family is/was like behind closed unfilmed doors.  
A friend grew up in a fundie home and was always secondary to her brother because of gender. Nothing she did mattered very much. I love her  and she’s overcome a lot but she does need a lot of attention and affirmation.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

@Giraffe I think B said something about women (well, I think she said “girls”) seem to be more nervous and have more questions...probably because her “ministry” caters to young women, not men. ?  I believe her comment was that men don’t seem to be nervous, usually, but she doesn’t know since she doesn’t have a “guy brain.”

ETA: the “girls” do seem to distinguish brains based on sex. Kristin talks about modeling clothes for her husband and being shocked at what he considered immodest. To her, she was dressing modestly. But without that “guy brain,” she didn’t even realize how she was tempting men. 
Watching these women is dangerous for me. I’ll soon sprain my eyeballs from excessive rolling.

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 5

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying my comment, @apandaaries. The amount of victim-blaming they do, starting with themselves, is outrageous! They’re potentially harming so many people with their “godly” & “biblical” advice! It makes me sick. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Reddit has a good clip of this moment. B definitely stresses the “are” and blends the “n’t nervous” together, so it’d be easy to miss. 
This is about a minute long, but so awkward and weird. Check out their body language: 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

What Is up with Princess Bethy’s hair? That’s legit how my hair looks when I haven’t washed it in 3 days and I’m just trying to get it out of my face while I clean my house all day. I understand she’s pregnant but she had some ugly hairstyles before she got pregnant too. Is she trying to be hip or cool with her bib jeans and messy AF hair? 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What Is up with Princess Bethy’s hair? That’s legit how my hair looks when I haven’t washed it in 3 days and I’m just trying to get it out of my face while I clean my house all day. I understand she’s pregnant but she had some ugly hairstyles before she got pregnant too. Is she trying to be hip or cool with her bib jeans and messy AF hair? 

So it seems the “girls” both use Monat for their hair (they have similarly streamlined facial care routines, yet both complain about various skin issues. They do not like to change their routines, though). Bethany has stated that Dave likes her hair like that and has been picking a lot of her clothes.

(I told you folks I was going to sprain my eyeballs. Yet I also can’t stop watching and snarking. Such a conundrum.)

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

So it seems the “girls” both use Monat for their hair (they have similarly streamlined facial care routines, yet both complain about various skin issues. They do not like to change their routines, though). Bethany has stated that Dave likes her hair like that and has been picking a lot of her clothes.

(I told you folks I was going to sprain my eyeballs. Yet I also can’t stop watching and snarking. Such a conundrum.)

Eww Dave has terrible taste. 

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Smug Defined.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, apandaaries said:

So it seems the “girls” both use Monat for their hair (they have similarly streamlined facial care routines, yet both complain about various skin issues

Oh wow . Monat , for those whom might not know , is a MLM .   

First Plexus , and now this .  Why are so many evangelicals getting into such shady , and cult like businesses ?  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

A lot of people have complained that Monat totally fucked up their hair. I wouldn’t touch that overpriced MLM with a ten foot pole. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2