IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Andrea was very controlling. I’m guessing her anxiety was the main reason why.Unfortunately she seems that to have that legacy to her kids.

Her anxiety was really evident in her video about her "traumatic birth" at the hospital when they were afraid of her high blood pressure and possible preeclampsia and she was not wanting to believe it or accept it and  she was clearly in a panic. I'm sure that made her pressure go up even more. As a side note, preclampsia can cause liver damage and she ended up having liver problems in the end. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Funny how he always justifies having so many kids by saying after a certain number, adding one more makes no difference in the cost to feed them or how crowded the house is. But then he goes and says that the working moms who seem to do it all probably don’t have 9 kids like him. Choose a side Tom, is your life harder because you have loads of kids or is it no big deal to have a large family?

He isn't consistent with anything he says. He just says whatever will garner more sympathy at that moment. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Itsjustme said:

Her anxiety was really evident in her video about her "traumatic birth" at the hospital when they were afraid of her high blood pressure and possible preeclampsia and she was not wanting to believe it or accept it and  she was clearly in a panic. I'm sure that made her pressure go up even more. As a side note, preclampsia can cause liver damage and she ended up having liver problems in the end. 

Totally agree about the anxiety. I think the liver problems were due to the cancer 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Totally agree about the anxiety. I think the liver problems were due to the cancer 

Yes she had cancer in the liver,, but Preeclampsia is characterized by high blood pressure and signs of damage to another organ system, most often the liver or kidneys.  So her liver could have been in a weakened state from lack of good blood flow, from the high blood pressure. It possibly could have started a chain reaction, but we'll never know. She refused treatment, didn't want to keep taking blood pressure meds, was always teary and panicky when talking about how the doctors were concerned. She really didn't believe or trust the doctors. She thought she could fix everything with her herbal remedies. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

Yes she had cancer in the liver,, but Preeclampsia is characterized by high blood pressure and signs of damage to another organ system, most often the liver or kidneys.  So her liver could have been in a weakened state from lack of good blood flow, from the high blood pressure. It possibly could have started a chain reaction, but we'll never know. She refused treatment, didn't want to keep taking blood pressure meds, was always teary and panicky when talking about how the doctors were concerned. She really didn't believe or trust the doctors. She thought she could fix everything with her herbal remedies. 

I feel bad for her that she had anxiety over strangers and especially doctors that she could never work through. What I don’t feel bad over is the way she handed off this anxiety to her children to the point where they’re uncomfortable getting their hair cut or even participating in an activity without their family! That will be a serious hindrance to them their entire lives! And the youngest kids have a chance to not fall into that pattern but Tom will do nothing to try to help them or reverse it. He’s convinced it’s a good thing that all they need is their immediate family. Most of all he needs to stop reinforcing to them that doctors are evil, or even questionable. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

What I don’t feel bad over is the way she handed off this anxiety to her children to the point where they’re uncomfortable getting their hair cut or even participating in an activity without their family! That will be a serious hindrance to them their entire lives!

This. Andrea not only had anxiety issues, she also had this attitude of being so much better than other people. I can't help but think that without this attitude that she knew better than everyone else that she would have gotten help. 

And with Youtube she found a devoted fan base that supported the idea that she knew better than doctors and scientists. She got some comments that questioned things, but she had so many comments from people telling her what a wonderful mother she was and how she was doing great. Tom has the exact same sort of attitude, but Andrea never got the backlash that he gets. I wonder if she would have even stayed on Youtube if she had to deal with the level of negative comments Tom has to deal with. She really loved being praised and told she was smart. Youtube supported her delusions of grandeur. 

• Upvote 17

I know this is probably a silly point, but how on earth are people in the USA able to drive without buckling their seatbelts? Don't your cars have the thing that loudly goes BING! BING! BING! if there's anyone unbuckled??? 

?

• Upvote 21

51 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

I know this is probably a silly point, but how on earth are people in the USA able to drive without buckling their seatbelts? Don't your cars have the thing that loudly goes BING! BING! BING! if there's anyone unbuckled??? 

?

I think it stops dinging after a few minutes. And older cars might not have that feature. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think it stops dinging after a few minutes. And older cars might not have that feature. 

Claudia as definitely not buckled. She was jumping up and down as he was pulling out. You tube let's you report a video for safety reasons. Maybe people have been reporting his driving videos. That's why there are laws to protect others from distracted driving.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, Mom2Bubby said:

I was watching the live when that happened. Someone made an account with the name Rachel Mills and commented a few times how she was a stalker and really played up the role Rachel plays in the lives. lol it was actually quite funny I thought. I should have screenshot the responses because after Thomas blocked the person the responses were gone. I noticed it was awhile before Rachel commented again, but she had so many people sticking up for her it made me want to puke. It didn’t stop her of course. All tom said about it was he couldn’t believe someone would make an account just to bully someone. He didn’t have slow chat on so it was hard to keep up with all the comments. I’d say to me it seemed about even the amount of people who thought he should get someone to come in as it was to people who agreed wit the older boys and didn’t think it was a good idea. 
There was one lady who commented that she was finalizing her vacation plans and she was coming to their house to help them cook and clean because she wanted to help out the family. A couple of people caught what she said and asked Tom if he had made arrangements with her to do that, but he never seemed to catch on to what was being said. She said she was not being stalkerish because she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. She said others should do the same. So he’d better be prepared for some strange woman to show up at his house soon-and it won’t be the strange woman we all thought it would be. Rachel is scary enough but now there’s this other woman.  Crazy for sure! 

That is truly scary. This is why all the experts advise against telling everyone where you live and showing photos and videos of your kids.  

Tom is the most immature father I've ever seen.  He lives in a mental and physical bubble. He still wants to believe Andrea or an Andrea type woman will sweep in and save his day so he can go back to being a manchild.  He would have time if he made his family his priority. He thinks his job is only to physically provide for them and teach them spiritual lessons. From what I saw, Andrea did most of the spiritual teaching and he just laid the groundwork for what they were to be taught.  His arrogance worked for him in his own world for so long, but life changed his way of life on him.  He will never give up YouTube because it is his escape. 

He has been avoiding the kids because he still wants to avoid the reality of his life now. I think he is confused at why he can't be loved the way Andrea was. He is mad at his fans for turning on him. He wants everyone to see him as the victim and wants to be treated that way.  He is so selfish and immature it astounds me.  Now that the pity is cooling off and the people helping him are returning to their own lives, I think we will see more and more of his pity party.  It said everything i needed to know about him when he decided to include his kids in that 6 month grief stream. He thought it was what everyone wanted, so he did it. He didn't care what his kids wanted.  Youtube is not group therapy.  Not only that, his surprise at the reaction it got shows he doesn't really understand his audience and what they are concerned about either. SMH

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

All of the children need therapy. They need help processing their grief, their life now and all of the changes they must accept. (Having a maid is a good thing for this family!) I wish Tom would actually do something specifically for the kids- let them go to a professional trained to help them. I might be willing to overlook some of the things he does if he would just get them help. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Momma's In Charge said:

I think he is confused at why he can't be loved the way Andrea was. He is mad at his fans for turning on him.

I think he really is confused about why the same people who adored Andrea when she treated the kids like shit hate him for doing it. IMO her loving fans turning on him probably just feeds into his notion that all this is unjust hate. He isn't able to grasp that for some bizarre reason people would overlook a multitude of Andrea's sins, but wont' do that for him. All the criticism is probably just making him dig in his heels and keep claiming this is all meanies picking on him for no reasons. 

38 minutes ago, Kailash said:

All of the children need therapy. They need help processing their grief, their life now and all of the changes they must accept. (Having a maid is a good thing for this family!) I wish Tom would actually do something specifically for the kids- let them go to a professional trained to help them. I might be willing to overlook some of the things he does if he would just get them help. 

I really hope he eventually does this. I don't think he will, but he is probably the parent who would be more likely to get outside help. These poor kids have been so manipulated, controlled and filled with fear that they need years of therapy so they can have a chance at living a happy life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

On 2/22/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mom2Bubby said:

he was putting on his seatbelt for all the seatbelt nazis

Did he really say “seatbelt nazis”?

Because, *wow*...

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Because, *wow*...

Yep, he did. And he was so smug acting when he said it. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

Because, *wow*...

Pesky goody two shoes and their annoying laws of physics. This is a free country thankyouverymuch and it’s my constitutional right to fly through my windshield at 80 mph if that’s what I choose.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Given the current political craziness in the US, it's getting harder and harder to invoke Godwin's Law. But I still think of Jon Stewart's wonderful, drily sarcastic bit from 2005 whenever someone throws around "Nazi" or "Hitler" like that:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xrdazj/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-a-relatively-closer-look---hitler-reference

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/21/2020 at 2:54 PM, can'tstopwatching said:

Oh wow, has anyone said anything about how someone in the chat on the 6 month update was posting under the name “Rachel Mills”?? The persons comments were deleted, I wonder what they said. And I wonder what super fan thought of that...

This is downright hilarious. Rachel had it coming. 

• Upvote 2

It's pretty funny that he thinks he's being so smug by calling people "seatbelt nazis" which would suggest he thinks people are being controlling. Ironic isn't it?

In his defense, the word nazi n the 80's was considered a funny thing to refer to people who were pushy, bossy, or controlling. It came from The Seinfeld Show. becasue of a character at the deli they went to was called the "soup nazi" There is a clip of it on you tube.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

It's pretty funny that he thinks he's being so smug by calling people "seatbelt nazis" which would suggest he thinks people are being controlling. Ironic isn't it?

In his defense, the word nazi n the 80's was considered a funny thing to refer to people who were pushy, bossy, or controlling. It came from The Seinfeld Show. becasue of a character at the deli they went to was called the "soup nazi" There is a clip of it on you tube.

The Soup Nazi episode happened in the mid 90s. I don't think it's the origin of the phrase at all. That's a thing that was used in casual conversation. Lije calling someone gay or retarded.

As a fan of the show I admit that at the time I found it funny. But, I have an inner Larry David, some of his shit will always be funny to me. The character was funny. In retrospect, not a great character name.

Doesn't age well. Not a thing we can say now. It was still a humorous performance. If it had a different name I'd still call it a solid episode.

This is no defense for Tom whatsoever. Although I'd be amused to see him use a show like Seinfeld to support any of his life choices.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I don't think it's the origin of the phrase at all. That's a thing that was used in casual conversation.

Yes. It amazes me how many people I hear crediting Seinfeld (and other media) for “inventing” various familiar phrases. The whole reason shows like Seinfeld used those phrases is because they were already common and relatable.

Like “yada yada yada.” Seinfeld had a great episode about how that phrase (a version of “blah blah blah”) can be used to handwave both trivial things and significant things. It was very funny (at least, I enjoyed it at the time; haven’t seen it in decades). SO MANY PEOPLE credit the show for “inventing” that phrase. But the whole reason it was funny was because it was a phrase that was already widely used! If it hadn’t been common and recognizable, the episode would have seemed really strange.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:08 PM, Mom2Bubby said:

The title was “the direction of the channel”. I could have sworn it also said something about big changes to the channel, but that is gone now, so maybe he went back and changed the title after the live. How he started out talking at the beginning of the live made people think he might be going to stop filming while he figured out life. That wasn’t his intent at all. 

There were a couple kids with no coats and short sleeve shirts on. Eden wasn’t buckled up, and I thought I saw a couple more that weren’t but can’t be positive. Heck, half the time Tom isn’t even buckled. 
Hannah looked barefoot to eat too but I’d have to go back and watch again to be sure. And I agree, the size of the store has nothing to do with it being ok for her to go barefoot, it’s the middle of the freaking winter in Wyoming, that’s the biggest reason she shouldn’t be barefoot. 

It was after the live chat yesterday morning In the comments section. There were only like 40 comments when I read it, but there are over 400 now. It’s the last comment. Three other people responded to her, 1 to tell her she didn’t speak for them and she needed to watch herself, and 2 agreed with her. I screenshot it but I don’t know if it’s ok to share that here. 

Could you inbox it to me, please? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Justus is 12 I think-way too young to be reading and commenting on that shit. Take the device away from him, Tom. And don’t make your teens moderate either.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

I finally went to find these comments. Rachel’s is long and whiny trying to police what everyone is allowed to say to Tom. This response is golden, doesn’t Tom still have to approve all comments? I wonder how this one got through!! Mine don’t get approved lol

(from “the direction of the channel”)

64AB9C39-987A-4E8D-BFE9-CE0A314DBB63.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

I tried to send it but I’m not sure how to get the screenshot from my phone to load. It just sits and spins. If it’s ok I can just post it here.  Not sure if that’s allowed? 

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic