IGNORED

Mills Family 5: YouTube Really Is Optional

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

He said she was the one who had the time to pick up the camera and film and he knows everyone misses that. 

So he thinks Andrea had a lot of free time? Breakfast, dressing, doing hair, homeshool, lunch, shopping, then dinner when he gets home, etc.  That sounds so chauvinistic becasue he thinks Andrea didn't have a real job?

He said he knows what Andreas vision was as they were the same person and had the same

Andrea was against taking money from people. 

Someone commented he should put a go pro on Hannah and he said he would love to do that.  It Would be awesome he said. 

Sigh...she's not a dog! Please don't exploit that baby like a circus animal.

He said they aren’t as frugal as when Andrea was here and they need it. He said that this is real life and we are watching real life grief and trying to figure out how to go on without a mom. He said they are spending more money now that she’s gone. He said she saved them a lot of money and he can’t do that. 

Wait a minute!  He has no more mortgage, so in reality isn't that LESS bills which generates more money in your pocket to spend? They are spending more? They also are saving more! They aren't as frugal as Andrea was because he's not trying to figure out how to do that.  Why would you need to learn how to stretch a dollar if you have a constant stream of money coming from strangers? How can you teach your kids to be self sufficient if you aren't self sufficient yourself?

He said his channel will help people as an outreach. He said there aren’t many resources for single dads with large families and he feels that is what his channel can be. 

Oh brother! He's really trying anything to get people to get on board with his grifting. Single Dad? You mean the one who wanted to remarry three months after his wife died? 

He and his wife CHOSE their lifestyle. Tom chose to not have a regular paying job that could provide and give him a chance to actually put money in the bank and maybe have a 401K , life insurance, etc. Most guys would probably be working two jobs. It's the sacrifice they make to provide for their family. Yes, the kids see less of him but they will grow up knowing Dad loved them so much he worked his fingers to the bone to provide for them, not I wanted to be home with them so I sat back and let complete strangers take care of my family.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Said the 6 month mark since Andrea has been gone was yesterday and he wanted to make a video about how they are doing and wanted to include the kids in it. 

He said he knows that a lot of people don’t like seeing so many lives and so many lives with just him in it. He said it’s hard for him to do everything he needs to do and still have time to film so that’s why he does the lives. There’s no editing plus it gives him a chance to talk with people. He said that it’s been a lot harder than he thought it would be having to be both mom and dad. He said he didn’t have a lot of time before Andrea died and he had even less now. He said she was the one who had the time to pick up the camera and film and he knows everyone misses that.

No! Tom, DON’T film the children discussing their grief. Damn, he was SO CLOSE to doing a decent thing: talking with his kids about their grief. But he just has to drag the camera into it.

He says he’s been doing lives alone rather than filming the kids because he doesn’t have the time to edit. Oh. I thought maybe he was respecting the kids’ privacy. My bad.

Everyone was worried that he was going somewhere and he said the title Of the video was a little ominous he supposed. (It’s called click bait Tom) 

What was the title?

Someone commented: “geez, how much more you want, you got 70 thousand in your go fund me, you have 9 children, get strong, they need you and you have a lot of years to go with them, plus all the gifts, tons, that people sent you, quit being petty about money.”

Amen!

He said Sophia plays on his sadness for Andrea. He says he doesn’t know why she does it. He says she will draw a picture of him and Andrea holding hands and then say he shouldn’t look at it as it will make him sad. ( he’s smiling and almostLaughing as he says this) and he says there’s more To come tonight with lives and then he stops the live. 

He is a monster.

• Upvote 11

26 minutes ago, Petronella said:

No! Tom, DON’T film the children discussing their grief. Damn, he was SO CLOSE to doing a decent thing: talking with his kids about their grief. But he just has to drag the camera into it.

He says he’s been doing lives alone rather than filming the kids because he doesn’t have the time to edit. Oh. I thought maybe he was respecting the kids’ privacy. My bad.

What was the title?

Amen!

He is a monster.

OMG, please tell me I'm wrong here - but has anyone watched the video where they went to the store last night?  There was snow on the ground - and I swear I saw Hanna BAREFOOT in the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please tell me I'm wrong - and then on the way back it looked like Sophia was jumping up and down not in a seat-belt......Crap!  I wish I would watched that live - I would have screamed at him for having that baby out BAREFOOT.............Dear God.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

And stalker fan Rachel left a long comment telling people off. 

Which video? Was it in live chat or comments? Can’t find it. But totes wanna watch while she begins to come unglued.

4 hours ago, justlooking said:

OMG, please tell me I'm wrong here - but has anyone watched the video where they went to the store last night?  There was snow on the ground - and I swear I saw Hanna BAREFOOT in the grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please tell me I'm wrong - and then on the way back it looked like Sophia was jumping up and down not in a seat-belt......Crap!  I wish I would watched that live - I would have screamed at him for having that baby out BAREFOOT.............Dear God.  

“it’s a small store” was his justification for Hannah being barefoot. Eden had on short sleeves and no coat. Does she even have a heavy coat? So inappropriate.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2

6 minutes ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

“it’s a small store” was his justification for Hannah being barefoot. Eden had on short sleeves and no coat. Does she even have a heavy coat? So inappropriate.

WTF does it being a small store have to do with it?!? 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Not a damn thing. But Tom will use anything to justify being a shit parent and endangering his kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

It didn’t look like Hannah was buckled in her car seat. And Claudia still needs a booster, at least in the state I’m in. Are the seat belt/child car seat laws lax in WY?

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

I went and watched  the 6 month grief live he did.  There was a point at the end where he was talking about getting a maid.  Judah seemed especially distressed by the idea. He kept saying that it means you are lazy if you have to get a maid to do your cleaning. Tom was adamant about it, saying there were things that haven't been done in a long time and it needs to be done. He then said that this will be one day you won't have to do cleaning and I can take all of you to the park while the house gets cleaned. Judah was still not liking it, saying that they could all do it,  and people on the chat were split on doing it or not. Tom was getting visibly more upset saying that the decision is ultimately his and he was doing it. Then he abruptly ended the live. 

They were taught to do things for themselves and I'm sure Andrea must have said, in order to motivate them, that if you don't clean and make your beds that you are being lazy. I'm guessing Judah feels this would be going against what their mother taught them and that's why he was not happy with the idea.  

Tom also said that someone in the family (?) does their haircuts and that the kids would not be able to handle going to a salon and having it done by a stranger. You think?  All they know are their siblings and staying cooped up in that house day after day. Of course they are afraid becasue they are being made to think that anything on the outside is bad. 

Andrea did a video once in which she explained she had been diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder when she was younger but she  leaned how to control it on her own and without help. I'm not so sure she did. She was panicky anytime she had to deal with a doctor and was reduced to tears many times explaining the "awful" experiences she had,  and that is why she stayed away from them.  The kids have had these feelings about things projected onto  them so that they too learn to be fearful.   Imagine what they think now, that Mom went to the hospital and becasue of that she died??? Has anyone asked them what they think? How they feel?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Aren’t there laws about going barefoot in stores??

And Rachel Day commented that, now that Thomas works, he pays the gas bill and and Asher has taken over buying bread. For fuck’s sake, just let those kids be KIDS. Let them save for their own futures.

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Itsjustme said:

They were taught to do things for themselves and I'm sure Andrea must have said, in order to motivate them, that if you don't clean and make your beds that you are being lazy. I'm guessing Judah feels this would be going against what their mother taught them and that's why he was not happy with the idea.  

What Andrea did to her kids is just awful. These kids shouldn't be bothered by their dad realizing they need a maid to help out. I always got the impression that Andrea forced the kids to do most of the work, and you are right, she probably manipulated them into thinking if they didn't do the house work they were lazy.  It is a real shame that they can't just be happy about a day of fun while their house is being cleaned. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Oh wow, has anyone said anything about how someone in the chat on the 6 month update was posting under the name “Rachel Mills”?? The persons comments were deleted, I wonder what they said. And I wonder what super fan thought of that...

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

Using some of the money to hire a cleaning person to come in once a week or so is about the first intelligent thing Tom has said.  I find it really sad (and telling) that the kids are so against this.  I’m actually kind of glad Tom seems to be putting his foot down about it and saying he’s taking the kids out to do something fun.

It will probably be the last intelligent things he says for quite a while too.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I watched some of the weird live from last night. Stopped watching when it turned into the Tom pity party. He has no time to do anything. He has to work, come home cook dinner and take care of the kids. Poor thing he needs to be a Dad. I am sure it isn't easy with 9 kids. Stop complaining and do something about it. Get someone to clean maybe cook a few meals. Send the kids to Christian school I'm sure you could get a multi student discount. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

What was the title?

Amen!

He is a monster.

The title was “the direction of the channel”. I could have sworn it also said something about big changes to the channel, but that is gone now, so maybe he went back and changed the title after the live. How he started out talking at the beginning of the live made people think he might be going to stop filming while he figured out life. That wasn’t his intent at all. 

6 hours ago, justlooking said:

There were a couple kids with no coats and short sleeve shirts on. Eden wasn’t buckled up, and I thought I saw a couple more that weren’t but can’t be positive. Heck, half the time Tom isn’t even buckled. 
Hannah looked barefoot to eat too but I’d have to go back and watch again to be sure. And I agree, the size of the store has nothing to do with it being ok for her to go barefoot, it’s the middle of the freaking winter in Wyoming, that’s the biggest reason she shouldn’t be barefoot. 

2 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Which video? Was it in live chat or comments? Can’t find it. But totes wanna watch while she begins to come unglued.

It was after the live chat yesterday morning In the comments section. There were only like 40 comments when I read it, but there are over 400 now. It’s the last comment. Three other people responded to her, 1 to tell her she didn’t speak for them and she needed to watch herself, and 2 agreed with her. I screenshot it but I don’t know if it’s ok to share that here. 

• Upvote 8

Funny how he always justifies having so many kids by saying after a certain number, adding one more makes no difference in the cost to feed them or how crowded the house is. But then he goes and says that the working moms who seem to do it all probably don’t have 9 kids like him. Choose a side Tom, is your life harder because you have loads of kids or is it no big deal to have a large family?

• Upvote 14

Just now, can'tstopwatching said:

Funny how he always justifies having so many kids by saying after a certain number, adding one more makes no difference in the cost to feed them or how crowded the house is. But then he goes and says that the working moms who seem to do it all probably don’t have 9 kids like him. Choose a side Tom, is your life harder because you have loads of kids or is it no big deal to have a large family?

I have never understood the “adding one more makes no difference.” I only have two kids, but I felt an enormous change after #2 came, mentally, financially, etc. And now my oldest is going to school abroad this year and I’ve seen my electric and grocery bills go down since he’s been away. I honestly think these big fundie families aren’t giving these kids what they truly need. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

I went and watched  the 6 month grief live he did.  There was a point at the end where he was talking about getting a maid.  Judah seemed especially distressed by the idea. He kept saying that it means you are lazy if you have to get a maid to do your cleaning. Tom was adamant about it, saying there were things that haven't been done in a long time and it needs to be done. He then said that this will be one day you won't have to do cleaning and I can take all of you to the park while the house gets cleaned. Judah was still not liking it, saying that they could all do it,  and people on the chat were split on doing it or not. Tom was getting visibly more upset saying that the decision is ultimately his and he was doing it. Then he abruptly ended the live. 

Tom also said that someone in the family (?) does their haircuts and that the kids would not be able to handle going to a salon and having it done by a stranger. You think?  All they know are their siblings and staying cooped up in that house day after day. Of course they are afraid becasue they are being made to think that anything on the outside is bad. 

Andrea did a video once in which she explained she had been diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder when she was younger but she  leaned how to control it on her own and without help. I'm not so sure she did. She was panicky anytime she had to deal with a doctor and was reduced to tears many times explaining the "awful" experiences she had,  and that is why she stayed away from them.  The kids have had these feelings about things projected onto  them so that they too learn to be fearful.   Imagine what they think now, that Mom went to the hospital and becasue of that she died??? Has anyone asked them what they think? How they feel?

All of the older boys with the exception of Thomas don’t want Tom to get a maid. Judah said he was afraid it would make/ mean they are lazy and he was afraid she would go through their personal things. Asher also vocalized how he didn’t want someone to come in and clean either. Thomas did say at one point it would take away service projects from them, but after Tom said it would be things they weren’t already doing, like cleaning the inside of the fridge and washing windows, that thomas came around to his way of thinking. 
It’s almost like those kids have been made to fear anything outside their little bubble. They homeschool, home church, home business. Tom asked the kids if they wanted to go to public school and they all said no. Right, because they have no idea what it’s like.  They are terrified of it. Someone asked Thomas if he wanted to go to college. Now I know college isn’t for everyone, but Tom and Andrea have told those kids from the time they could understand what they were saying that they didn’t need college. They have never had a chance to decide if it would be something they would like to do because tom and Andrea decided for them. 
The kids can’t do something as simple as going to a real hair salon or barber. I bet the anxiety in that house is awful. Andrea pretty much guaranteed her older kids at least will have issues doing anything outside of their little world. It’s a shame too, Judah is so good with the metal workings, and each one has shown what I think could be potential for themselves, but it’s like the parents have sucked any life or hope out of them . It’s sad really. I totally think Andrea projected her anxiety and fear of the world, or whatever it was she had/believed into her kids. Tom lived in CA of all places and had so many more experiences than those kids will ever think they are allowed to have. Or deserve to have. I’m surprised Judah wanted to go to the dentist. I do hope tom decides to have someone come in to help. Those kids deserve a break. Asher especially. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Oh wow, has anyone said anything about how someone in the chat on the 6 month update was posting under the name “Rachel Mills”?? The persons comments were deleted, I wonder what they said. And I wonder what super fan thought of that...

I was watching the live when that happened. Someone made an account with the name Rachel Mills and commented a few times how she was a stalker and really played up the role Rachel plays in the lives. lol it was actually quite funny I thought. I should have screenshot the responses because after Thomas blocked the person the responses were gone. I noticed it was awhile before Rachel commented again, but she had so many people sticking up for her it made me want to puke. It didn’t stop her of course. All tom said about it was he couldn’t believe someone would make an account just to bully someone. He didn’t have slow chat on so it was hard to keep up with all the comments. I’d say to me it seemed about even the amount of people who thought he should get someone to come in as it was to people who agreed wit the older boys and didn’t think it was a good idea. 
There was one lady who commented that she was finalizing her vacation plans and she was coming to their house to help them cook and clean because she wanted to help out the family. A couple of people caught what she said and asked Tom if he had made arrangements with her to do that, but he never seemed to catch on to what was being said. She said she was not being stalkerish because she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. She said others should do the same. So he’d better be prepared for some strange woman to show up at his house soon-and it won’t be the strange woman we all thought it would be. Rachel is scary enough but now there’s this other woman.  Crazy for sure! 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 10
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

All of the older boys with the exception of Thomas don’t want Tom to get a maid. Judah said he was afraid it would make/ mean they are lazy and he was afraid she would go through their personal things. Asher also vocalized how he didn’t want someone to come in and clean either. Thomas did say at one point it would take away service projects from them, but after Tom said it would be things they weren’t already doing, like cleaning the inside of the fridge and washing windows, that thomas came around to his way of thinking. 
It’s almost like those kids have been made to fear anything outside their little bubble. They homeschool, home church, home business. Tom asked the kids if they wanted to go to public school and they all said no. Right, because they have no idea what it’s like.  They are terrified of it. Someone asked Thomas if he wanted to go to college. Now I know college isn’t for everyone, but Tom and Andrea have told those kids from the time they could understand what they were saying that they didn’t need college. They have never had a chance to decide if it would be something they would like to do because tom and Andrea decided for them. 
The kids can’t do something as simple as going to a real hair salon or barber. I bet the anxiety in that house is awful. Andrea pretty much guaranteed her older kids at least will have issues doing anything outside of their little world. It’s a shame too, Judah is so good with the metal workings, and each one has shown what I think could be potential for themselves, but it’s like the parents have sucked any life or hope out of them . It’s sad really. I totally think Andrea projected her anxiety and fear of the world, or whatever it was she had/believed into her kids. Tom lived in CA of all places and had so many more experiences than those kids will ever think they are allowed to have. Or deserve to have. I’m surprised Judah wanted to go to the dentist. I do hope tom decides to have someone come in to help. Those kids deserve a break. Asher especially. 

I live in a small town an hour from a major city and a much shorter distance from other larger communities. My town is semi rural, but we have easy access to everything we need as far as necessities and entertainment are concerned.  It was a lovely and safe place to raise our daughter, but we never imagined she would remain here forever.  She has finished college and is now attending grad school in a major city.  The job opportunities are there not here, and we have always encouraged her to explore what's out there.  If you don't explore you'll never know what you like or don't like.  What she really wants some day is to live in Ireland, a country she studied in for a semester.  As much as we miss having her around, we never wanted to limit her options.  In my opinion it is selfish when parents like Tom and Andrea (and any Maxwell  Rodrigues or Anderson, etc.) limit their children because of their own fears of the world or their own lack of imagination.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Andrea was very controlling. I’m guessing her anxiety was the main reason why.Unfortunately she seems that to have that legacy to her kids.

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I have never understood the “adding one more makes no difference.” I only have two kids, but I felt an enormous change after #2 came, mentally, financially, etc. And now my oldest is going to school abroad this year and I’ve seen my electric and grocery bills go down since he’s been away. I honestly think these big fundie families aren’t giving these kids what they truly need. 

I have one child and EVERYONE told me it was much harder to have two than one.  I saw that among some of my friends as well.  The thing that drove me nuts about some of my friends' kids that I never had to deal with was the fighting among their kids.  So much sibling rivalry.  So glad I missed that.  It was bad enough growing up with twin sisters who fought with each other all the time :)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

I was watching the live when that happened. Someone made an account with the name Rachel Mills and commented a few times how she was a stalker and really played up the role Rachel plays in the lives. lol it was actually quite funny I thought. I should have screenshot the responses because after Thomas blocked the person the responses were gone. I noticed it was awhile before Rachel commented again, but she had so many people sticking up for her it made me want to puke. It didn’t stop her of course. All tom said about it was he couldn’t believe someone would make an account just to bully someone. He didn’t have slow chat on so it was hard to keep up with all the comments. I’d say to me it seemed about even the amount of people who thought he should get someone to come in as it was to people who agreed wit the older boys and didn’t think it was a good idea. 
There was one lady who commented that she was finalizing her vacation plans and she was coming to their house to help them cook and clean because she wanted to help out the family. A couple of people caught what she said and asked Tom if he had made arrangements with her to do that, but he never seemed to catch on to what was being said. She said she was not being stalkerish because she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart. She said others should do the same. So he’d better be prepared for some strange woman to show up at his house soon-and it won’t be the strange woman we all thought it would be. Rachel is scary enough but now there’s this other woman.  Crazy for sure! 

Bless you for watching these. I couldn’t get through half of the last live.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Bless you for watching these. I couldn’t get through half of the last live.

Sometimes I wonder why I watch them. I promise I’m not a stalker. HA! I got sucked in when Youtube recommended their channel when Andrea was sick, and not realizing who they were, I felt bad for the family ( and still do for the kids) that they were going through something so horrible. I’ve had a lot of time on my hands due to an injury that’s had me laid up for months otherwise I probably wouldn’t have given them a second thought. I’ve loosely followed the Duggar topics for years (my family lives near them and I always like to get their opinion on their antics) and Just recently the Rodrigues family (I have to say Jill scares me the most). Jill blocked me after I commented on a couple of her Facebook posts about her hateful views so I have to come here to see what horrendous thing she has done now. People that have such extreme views as Jill and Andrea and michelle and jimbob are scary for sure. And their children are the ones who suffer. And then they carry on another generation of the same hate they were raised with. God help us all with people like them around. I’m all for having your own opinions and living your life the way you see fit, but there’s so much hate in the world and we don’t need more. Live and let live I say. As long as you aren’t causing harm. But these people take crazy to a whole new level. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

A few months back during a live Q & A someone asked if the kids did any extracurricular activity or sports? Tom's answer was something like none of them would be interested in doing something like that alone unless the rest of the family did it too.  There are also church run youth groups that have field trips, dances, community service, movie nights, etc.  That could be another option. It's better than all of them lined up playing video games.

Back to the live, Tom seemed to get quite flustered when some chatters said that there are lots of women out there who are single and widowed who work and take care of their children, that it's nothing new.   That THEY work and take care of their kids, and no one said it was easy. Of course his comeback was yeah, but I have 9 kids....wasn't it he who said 3 or 9 doesn't make much of a difference? lol

He had also said he wasn't going to do anymore package openings and that he appreciates what people send and he's thankful. So he'll accept gifts but people won't even be acknowledged for sending anything?  He could do a couple of things without the kids there. He could make a list of what was received and by who and then say a personal thank you without using last names, kind of like Jean from Florida sent tee shirts...blah blah...thank you so much! OR he and Thomas could open the packages without the rest there and take their time opening and thanking people. I think it's extremely rude not to acknowledge what is received, either you send thank you notes, or at least thank them on a live. Or if he feels it's too much to do that then don't accept gifts at all!!!!  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Another short live from Tom this morning. He was sitting in a gas station parking lot in his car waiting to go on his first job. He talked more about getting a maid and said the kids still didn’t really want him to get one, but he said he probably was going to anyway. He wanted to break it to them so they had time to think about it and get used to the idea, but he was pretty sure he was going to go ahead with it. He said he had called this woman a couple of times that had offered to do it free when Andrea was sick and first gone, but she had never called him back. He said that Asher and Judahs main problem with getting a maid was it was like admitting defeat. I don’t believe that. I think they are scared of strangers. And that’s on him and Andrea. 
As he got ready to pull out of the parking lot he said to watch, he was putting on his seatbelt for all the seatbelt nazis and he was only going to glance at his screen once in a great while not stare at it the whole time he was driving.  I thought maybe he said it because he reads here (and I still think he does), but just as he pulled out there was a cop car sitting at the end of the road from the gas station. He probably saw the police car and that’s why he belted up. 
 He was so darn cocky today. Ok, he is every day, but today I thought he was over the top cocky. He’s so busy, has no time for himself, needs to order a headstone for Andrea, needs to redo chore chart, on and on and on about how busy he is. But he just got through saying he only has two short jobs today and the third one was probably going to cancel.  So why is he so busy today? And whats the matter with staying off youtube and taking care of what needs to be done? If he’d spend a little less time live he’d have more time to devote to his family. 
it wasn’t a very long live, but he was right back to driving and chatting again, which after watching a few of Andreas videos, she used to drive and film too. Although she didn’t drive and chat it wasn’t any better in my opinion. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic