IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

48 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

They've been there for eight years already and he hasn't learned another language??? That's shameful!!

I'm sure he has enough to get by - directions, some numbers etc. But not enough to hold a conversation or preach at people. I am torn as to whether him learning more is a good or bad thing, as it certainly gives the locals one less out when they can't be bothered with the attempted conversion "My English isn't that good..."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

as it certainly gives the locals one less out when they can't be bothered with the attempted conversion "My English isn't that good...

Rufus knows I have used that excuse before :D

Yes it's shameful,especially how isolated must the kids be if they can't speak it by now?

Do they have a single friend or are they just allowed to speak with their sibling?

Even if they they only had a handful of friends at church, kids that young and even teens would have mastered the language in under a year.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Rufus knows I have used that excuse before :D

Yes it's shameful,especially how isolated must the kids be if they can't speak it by now?

Do they have a single friend or are they just allowed to speak with their sibling?

Even if they they only had a handful of friends at church, kids that young and even teens would have mastered the language in under a year.

I wonder whether the kids know more language than their parents- it wouldn't surprise me at all, especially in the little ones. If they're constantly being told off for using it though they probably don't. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Something is going down with John's dad and his church. I wonder if this is the new co-pastor doing this. John doesn't say. 

Spoiler

Serious Prayer Request for my Faithful parents and our Beloved Sending Church in Texas (dad finally said I could share it)

Sadly, someone deleted much of our Sending Church's Facebook page content yesterday, but I want to praise the Lord for Pastor Ronnie Mills sweet spirit and the Spirit-filled messages he shared there on Sunday.

I wanted to share them on our page, but that's impossible now, but I so appreciated him reminding us about John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I really needed that exhortation, with some serious situations going on right now, and the reminder that my Lord Jesus Christ gives His Peace.

(Thank you Brother Mills, may the Lord bless you and your wife for your faithfulness all these years.)

My father has been falsely accused of things completely against his long standing and well known character over the last 41 years of pastoring our Sending Church. He is resting and trusting in the Lord, as he has been over the past year.

It quite literally blows my mind that anyone would even entertain such accusations, but that is the sad and terrible nature of defilement.

I ask you to pray for him, my dad and pastor, Rick Shrader, my dear mother Jodi Shrader, and our Sending Church, Tri-County Baptist Church.

When I was falsely accused of preaching a false gospel over five years ago, and we lost about 20% of our Missions Support, the Lord stepped in and vindicated us by bringing back everything we lost and more.

What was even more amazing was HOW The Living God of Heaven did it!

We now have a supporting Baptist church in Siberia, another one in Singapore, another one in a British Oceanic Territory, and around half a dozen Hispanic Baptist churches that graciously partner with us to represent them, and we have received regular support even from Canada!

We have had several churches take us on that we have never even visited yet, as well as one that started following us on FB then invited me to come last time I was in the US. Another church took us on that a friend took me to visit after we were on the field, but they took us on several years later!

We don't ask for support, we don't fund raise, but God so miraculously always meets our EVERY NEED!

I know that the false accusations and innuendos against my father, one of the most gracious, humble, genuine, Servants of the Lord I've ever seen, will be equally vindicated by our Heavenly Father, who has been my dad's Abba for over 50 years.

My dad has been mocked and mistreated and misrepresented mercilessly, but has borne it quietly and without retaliation.

When he tried to biblically reconcile with the man doing this, starting by going to him alone, then attempting to go with two witnesses when the man would not "hear" him, the man refused to follow Christ's Commands, but instead my dad has been slandered and lied about, like I've seen happen to him at least twice before in his ministry, but not to this extent.

God will fight for him, because dad has ALWAYS returned good for evil in these situations, showed grace, and even sought to bless those who curse him, just as Jesus taught.

He is even now planning to do the same.

God is purifying our Sending Church, but I still ask you to pray for my dear, faithful, humble (though not perfect) father and mother, and the Church.

Time will tell, and though I will not name who is doing this, God Sees, and He Knows.

I ask our true friends to interceed with us at this time.

I would be most grateful.

May the Living God of Heaven be Glorified.

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 13

6 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

When he tried to biblically reconcile with the man doing this, starting by going to him alone, then attempting to go with two witnesses when the man would not "hear" him, the man refused to follow Christ's Commands,

So his dad is Christ now?

The wording makes me think it's sexual abuse.

My father has been falsely accused of things completely against his long standing and well known character over the last 41 years of pastoring our Sending Church.

It quite literally blows my mind that anyone would even entertain such accusations, but that is the sad and terrible nature of defilement.

And this one makes me think homosexual, "defile" would be typical fundie speak

• Upvote 7

Hmm but Johnny boy just bragged about his recent cash influx new truck and everything...

I'd think that's the first thing they'd shut down after a sketchy audit

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Hmm but Johnny boy just bragged about his recent cash influx new truck and everything...

I'd think that's the first thing they'd shut down after a sketchy audit

Maybe John bragging about his new truck has caused Daddy's congregation to start asking questions, especially now as folk are struggling with furlough and unemployment. Why did John 'need' a new truck now? His timing was way off. He knows that America is struggling at present. It's all about John's needs and wants. He is such a toddler. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

The wording makes me think it's sexual abuse.

That is what it sounded like to me too. But John always words things in the most dramatic way possible, so who knows what reality is. 

Someone deleting their FB page information is odd. I wonder what is really going on. 

• Upvote 11

John has posted an 'update' with some more clarification.

Yesterday I googled Tri-County in Katy and found a link to their facebook page, but when I clicked on it, it was no longer active. I also found the direct link to the church website, but it was also inactive and my security software blocked an attach from a malicious site. Interesting. 

I get a feeling the new Pastor Rogers did not work out. Oops! Did someone finally see John and daddy Shrader for the grifters they are!?!

Spoiler

Clarification on Previous Prayer Request

Dearly Beloved,

I want to kindly thank you that have responded to my previous plea for prayer, for my parents and our Sending Church, especially the pastors. One response via email was from a pastor who used to be a missionary, who also had a father in the ministry that was falsely accused, really touched my heart. He knows and understands like few can, having "walked a mile in my shoes."

I also received a correction from one pastor that I was unclear, and could be misunderstood. I'm thankful for his rebuke.

I would deeply desire to share several important points to seek to clarify and not be misunderstood.

1) It was rightly pointed out that my father's years of faithfulness and godly character are not indicative of innocence. That is true. Many of you have not met and do not know my father personally.

My father has been accused of being a liar, deceiver, master manipulator, and more. What's amazing is that about a year and a half ago, the same individual was praising my father's faith, love, giving heart, sweet spirit, and saying they wanted to both help him and mom and the church and learn from him. These statements were actually made to me in writing.

2) This was not just an interpersonal issue. It affected our entire Sending Church. Dad tried to resolve it personally, but the man was unwilling. Dad then, following the Commands of Christ in Matt. 18, requested a meeting with two witnesses present, also church members. Not with a desire to discipline him ultimately, but with a desire to bring accountability and help him, as he was hurting others, not just my parents. At this point, the man withdrew his and his family's membership from the church, and made no effort to resolve, or reconcile, which has always been, and is truly my father's heart.

3) This individual is now, even though having left the church on Mother's Day in an unscriptural way, and is not a member of any local church in the area currently, going to individuals and families in the church.

This is so far removed from what Christ taught, commanded, and gave further instructions through the pens of the apostles.

My father truly loves this man, and his family. When these problems started, my father responded in a wonderful and Spiritual way. The issue is not just recent, but during these past months my father has allowed the burden of the situation to drive him to his knees.

He has been praying for this man, his wife, and each of their children by name, specifically, up to three times a day, even during the night when he wakes, and not only them, but every single member of the church, every regular visitor, every child, by name, specifically for their individual needs, up to three or more times daily. Also for the missionaries our church supports, individually...by name and needs.

It has also driven him into the Word. He started reading through the New Testament monthly. He said to me, "It's like I have fallen more deeply in love with the Word of God more than ever before."

Regarding prayer, he said to me, "I'm just getting a glimpse of what it means to pray without ceasing, just scratching the surface. At stoplights, while driving, in the mornings and in the night watches..."

He has been apologizing to my mother for part failures, my brothers, seeking to get right with everyone possible...it's been wonderful to watch.

He's been truly led of the Spirit of God, and only God, my mother, and our family truly knows how much he has sought to love and help this man, personally sacrificing to bless him and his family.

I do ask you to pray for my mother and father and our Sending Church. I am NOT asking you to "pray against" this man, for He truly needs prayer. His children need prayer even more.

I am NOT asking to to pray that God vindicates my father. If that was the impression of the last post, then I apologize. I did state I believe that God will do this, for I know much more than I can share, but I DO ask that you pray for all involved, including this man and his family, but he is choosing to defile and seek to divide and destroy one of the Lord's churches from without, that he was a member and involved in leadership less than 10 days ago. I cannot imagine the fruit this will reap in his own family eventually.

It's real simple. You can Obey the Word of God and Reconcile, or Disobey and Refuse.

It's not complicated.

When a professing believer refuses to even attempt to reconcile according to the Word of God, then say what you will, that person does not fear the Lord nor tremble at His Word. No matter how good they talk. Actions speak much louder than words. Every time. Walking away unresolved is not what Christ taught. It's Rebellion against the Commands of Christ.

Satan's way is to rip, ridicule, and refuse.*

God's is to reach out, repent and reconcile.**

Selah

* Rev. 12:10; Luke 22:31; John 10:10; Rom. 16:17; I Cor. 3:3

** Matthew 5:23,24; 11:25,26; 18:15-18; I Cor. 12:25; II Cor. 5:18,19

I earlier shared on our page a JPG of a PDF visual chart I made of Christ's Commands for Reconciling in Matthew 18.

Thank you for this opportunity to seek to clarify. I apologize for the lack thereof in the last post. This situation also impacts our family greatly, and I have also been accused of things as well, but that's not important.

My dear parents have poured their lives out for the Glory of God and in service to Christ's My Church. Those that know them, can testify of their genuine humility, love, care, servant's heart, and incredible faith. It is painful to watch from the other side of the world as the work of Satan (division, defilement, accusation, destruction) is wrought, but as that pastor that rebuked me rightly said, something to the effect of that he didn't know the individuals or the situation, that he would pray for God to receive the Glory and that is what I asking from you now.

Thank you from my heart,

With love and deep gratitude for your faithful prayers,

John Shrader
Servant of the Most High God

• Thank You 11

15 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

y father has been accused of being a liar, deceiver, master manipulator, and more.

That is probably exactly what John's father is. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, NoneIsEnough said:

He has been praying for this man, his wife, and each of their children by name, specifically, up to three times a day, even during the night when he wakes, and not only them, but every single member of the church, every regular visitor, every child, by name, specifically for their individual needs, up to three or more times daily. Also for the missionaries our church supports, individually...by name and needs.

How does daddy shrader get anything done other than praying then?

I am NOT asking to to pray that God vindicates my father. If that was the impression of the last post, then I apologize.

Lil bit further down he contradicts that

he was a member and involved in leadership less than 10 days ago. I cannot imagine the fruit this will reap in his own family eventually.

So what did daddy shrader need to apologize to his family for? I'm still going with sexual harassment of that guy.

He has been apologizing to my mother for part failures, my brothers, seeking to get right with everyone possible...i

• Upvote 8

His clarification reeks of desperation more than his original. John, you might want to take this as a wake-up call to look at yourself. What would the men who have left your church accuse you of? I doubt they’d hail you a hero. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I am currently a passenger on the speculation bus.

I think their new pastor went through the Church's books and found out how much money daddy Shrader was funneling to his loser son, John the Anti-Baptist.  He probably got really angry and called daddy on it and daddy had a fit, lied and tried to cover it up.  I'll bet the new pastor even confronted John and now John is scared shitless.  In any case, there's no question in my mind John is not giving us the whole story.  What a drama queen.

If I'm right I wanna be the bus driver on the big speculation bus. ?,

ETA

OK, so I just watched a murder mystery and now I'm convinced one of them is going to be murdered.:Bang::shovel:

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Carol said:

OK, so I just watched a murder mystery and now I'm convinced one of them is going to be murdered.

There has already been a note written in blood! So we already have one element of a murder mystery. ?

The fact that John is admitting his dad needed to apologize for "part failures" makes it clear that his dad did something wrong, so the guy obviously had a point when he accused Rick. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

The strong undercurrent of fear in that screed stood out to me. John is using distraction in hopes that people will just blindly believe him. His outrage that the accuser refused to submit to church discipline and just left makes me wonder how scared they are that he may go to outside authorities.

Another thought- we are are wondering if it is sexual or financial accusations . Why not both ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

His outrage that the accuser refused to submit to church discipline and just left makes me wonder how scared they are that he may go to outside authorities.

The fact that the FB page and the church website were both taken down makes me think it is really bad and John/Rick is terrified. They are doing everything they can to bash this guy and undermine him since he is reaching out of church members. 

• Upvote 15

OK, I want the tea. All of it! I can tell it’s piping hot. I NEED it.

Barring that, I can settle for all the speculation. Adultery? Embezzlement? Abuse of minors? Knowing these people, it involves a) sex, b) stealing, c) both. 

Never in my life have I been less inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt than I am in this case. I’ve seen the apple and it’s not the far-flying kind (any news on the plane, btw?) ?

Papa Shrader is done for. Now let’s hear all the juicy detail!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I hope it's ok to post this, if not, mods please delete. This is all public info. 

When the new pastor came on, John identified him as Stephen Rogers, and tagged him or linked to his FB so I saved the link. 

His facebook is mostly private, but on January 18, he did post this publically, followed by some bible verses

Bitterness is a clear indication that your heart is not right with God. It removes you from having a part in Gods will and blessing. It can overtake your life and defile everything and everyone around you! It can be so severe that it becomes spiritual gall and bondage that can also affect you physically. Adultery has slain its thousands but bitterness its tens of thousands. Beware brethren and root it out often and quickly. Selah

Then on May 8 he updated his profile picture with a banner that says "Church is Essential", and someone commented "Amen" and the pastor replied with 

thank you for the kind words. When you and your family are being personally attacked the Lord sends a good word from a far country... Kenya! Thanks and God bless you brother!

Also my favorite part of John's update is that he started it with 'Dearly Beloved' so my mind goes directly to Prince ?

• Upvote 14

"Official Language Training has Begun!

We have been trying to learn Nyanja/Chechewa for years, one of the 70+ vernacular languages spoken here in Zambia.

We've been praying about it, I have tried for years to get into an intensive course taught at a distant rural mission (run by the Catholics), but the Lord is so Gracious, and brought us an instructor from right here in Kafue!!

Now most of the family members can learn together!

Please pray for us, that God will help both the teacher, Stackson Zulu (Sergio is now visiting our church with his family), and the students!

Exciting!!!!!!!

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia"

How, how, how did he manage to NOT get access to a teacher in the seven (?) years he has been there ? How can anyone be that inefficient ? (While not-so-subtly insinuating that it's the evil Catholic missionaries' fault who didn't want him to join their classes, a wildly ridiculous claim in my opinion. I don't know which mission he might be talking about, but I very much doubt that any institution offering intensive courses in the local language would somehow exclude him from their activities for years if they offer public classes.) Kafue has 219 000 inhabitants, is he seriously trying to make us believe that he somehow had a hard time finding someone who speaks English well enough to teach his family ? Again, is he talking to nineteenth-century citizens who actually believe that Africa is a continent full of bushmen with no connections to the outside world ? I really wonder about the average intelligence and knowledge of the world of the people he is pandering to.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, ignorantobserver said:

"Official Language Training has Begun!

We have been trying to learn Nyanja/Chechewa for years, one of the 70+ vernacular languages spoken here in Zambia.

We've been praying about it, I have tried for years to get into an intensive course taught at a distant rural mission (run by the Catholics), but the Lord is so Gracious, and brought us an instructor from right here in Kafue!!

Now most of the family members can learn together!

Please pray for us, that God will help both the teacher, Stackson Zulu (Sergio is now visiting our church with his family), and the students!

Exciting!!!!!!!

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia"

How, how, how did he manage to NOT get access to a teacher in the seven (?) years he has been there ? How can anyone be that inefficient ? (While not-so-subtly insinuating that it's the evil Catholic missionaries' fault who didn't want him to join their classes, a wildly ridiculous claim in my opinion. I don't know which mission he might be talking about, but I very much doubt that any institution offering intensive courses in the local language would somehow exclude him from their activities for years if they offer public classes.) Kafue has 219 000 inhabitants, is he seriously trying to make us believe that he somehow had a hard time finding someone who speaks English well enough to teach his family ? Again, is he talking to nineteenth-century citizens who actually believe that Africa is a continent full of bushmen with no connections to the outside world ? I really wonder about the average intelligence and knowledge of the world of the people he is pandering to.

This is what he said before

We've been working on learning one of the 70+ languages here in Zambia, as have tried bringing a teacher to our home that we were trying to work with in the ministry (he was discouraging our young men in the church about their commitment to purity and actually discouraged some lost neighbors to the point that they stopped visiting the church, so he's no longer with us), but this has not diminished our desire and efforts to learn.

I was even trying to look at being allowed to attend a 1-2 month class taught by the Catholics, but it's very far in the Eastern Province, and that door just was not opened.

Well, I shared with y'all about a precious man name Stackson Zulu recently, and today as we visited, talking about the need for both Pure Vernacular Hymnals and Pure Vernacular Zambian Bibles, he offered to teach our entire family Chechewa/Nyanja!

So, he basically would only allow someone to teach them who was his brand of saved, so I'm sure that narrowed the pool, if they were to teach at his home. I'm surprised he was considering the Catholics. But maybe he would have been ok with that if it was just him going, they couldn't influence his kids. 

I'm sure he also wanted someone who would work cheap or even free. 

I will give him credit for the whole family wearing masks when the teacher was in their home. 

He made another update today about getting their 2 year visa extension. And it now looks like his 'church' no longer has to be under the authority of another church that he doesn't agree with. I know that was a sticking point before. 

Spoiler

Praise the Living God of Heaven!! Visas/Permits Granted, and UNDER OUR OWN MISSION!!!

Though the last few weeks have brought sad heartache, we have truly seen the Supernatural Hand of our God at the same time! Read on for an AMAZING Testimony of what GOD has done!!!

The OPENED doors and INCREDIBLE provision and specific ANSWERED prayers (some years of praying) has been almost UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Every two years, with the first application in 2014, we as missionaries have had to apply for our Work Permit and then Extensions.

It's always a stressful time, to say the least, especially with the Mission that sponsored us into the Country being so far away. Pastor Mulaisho, and The Liberty Baptist Ministries of Kalalushi, Zambia, have been such a blessing these past six years. The first time we applied in 2014, Pastor M. was coming down from the "Copperbelt," the Province where they live and minister, to make our first application in the Capitol City of Lusaka, which is around 8+ hours travel, and the bus broke down! We felt so humbled at his sacrifice.

Every two years after that, and even one additional time to assist us bringing in a young man who helped us for several months (Bro. Theophil from Canada), he has sacrificially made the journey to help our family, writing letters, giving interviews to Immigration on our behalf...we could not have been here in Zambia without his help! He even graciously did what he could to try and help us get our our Mission get Registered, "Biblical Baptist Churches Mission of Zambia." The Lord then brought Pastor Claude Mulota in to assist us finishing that process last year! (To God be the glory alone!)

Because of several issues, I was unable to do everything online, which is the new system, and was praying about either getting a Lawyer or an Immigration Consultant to help us, but our friend the former Mayor of Kafue stepped in again!

He actually arranged for me to meet the top Official, the "Director General," of Immigration, a personal friend of his!

After so many trips to the first floor of Immigration over the years, I can't describe to you how surreal it was to walk to the very top floor, and be ushered in to the D.G.'s Office along with the former Mayor! There was literally Red Carpet!

After greetings and introduction by the Mayor, the D.G. called in the Head Supervisor of the Immigration Customer Service, and instructed her to help our family.

You can't imagine what an incredible encouragement, blessing, and amazing answer to prayer this was!

Even with all her direct help, it still took three full days, making trips back and forth to the Capitol City of Lusaka. This is even more amazing when you consider that Immigration is only allowing 5 people in the building at a time right now due to the Covid-19 issue. God allowed me to bypass that process, getting help directly from the top! Wow!!!

One memory I will never forget is having to get 13 separate "Manager's Cheques" made out yesterday! It requires lots of paperwork, three signatures for each one, hand recording in a book, lots of stamping and initialization, using three carbon sheets...I had to go to 3 banks and spend more than 3 hours at the last one...just to get those checks. It also cost over $100.00 just for getting them written, with the entire Work Permit process costing over $1,000.00.

God, of course, had already provided the funds ahead of time. Isn't He amazing?!

I am thrilled and so very blessed to inform you that we have been granted our third 2 year extension, and we will only have to do this ONE more time in 2022 (if the Lord Wills and tarries), and then in 2024, after 10 years on the field, we can apply for Residency!!

It's also neat to have a card similar to a driver's license that can be carried in the wallet, instead of the former "brown book." What a JOY to see "Biblical Baptist Churches Mission of Zambia" on the back!!!! That is an answer to almost SIX YEARS OF PRAYER!!!!

I know this is probably not that interesting to most, but this is HUGE for us missionaries, as MOST missionaries will attest, but it has been so Incredible to see God at work and answering specific prayer.

I also had the privilege of giving out 24 King James Beams Bibles to the Immigration Officials today, along with Bilingual John and Romans provided to us by Bro. Martin through World Missions Bearing Precious Seed, along with Gospel Tracts. I've been asked to provide an additional 24 sets of everything as well!!!!!

It was, as usual, so fun to see the incredulity, from the Director General and the Head Madam in Immigration, to the Lozi lady at the bank who assisted us with the "Manager's Cheques," at us having 12 children!

Truly children are a gift from the Lord, His "reward," according to Psalm 127, and equally as true, "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men." (Prov. 18:16). I realize the main idea of this verse is probably not speaking of children, but "one interpretation, many applications" is so true, and the Hebrew Word for "gift" there includes the idea of a "reward"!

Our children have opened many doors for us here in Zambia, and we THANK and PRAISE God for answering MUCH prayer, so we cry with the Psalmist in Ps. 118:23, "This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes."!!!!

Rejoicing in God's Greatness and Goodness as He shows Himself Strong yet again,

John, Esther, Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen, Isaiah, Caleb and Joseph!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Thank you for the reminder that he has already mentioned the issue with the language classes. Well, this confirms that the "evil Catholics won't let him take their classes" that transpires in his last post is just completely made up and in reality, he just couldn't be bothered to drive to the mission and actually learn something for two months.

I wonder what his disagreement with the previous teacher was about. His wording is ambiguous : a teacher "that we were trying to work with in the ministry" could mean that they tried to employ him as a translator for their church, or as a teacher, or that they wanted to convert him first / have him do volunteer work / that he was a member of the congregation at first. The nebulous "discouraging" influence this person had on the parishioners could really be anything. If I had to take a bet, I would say that he wouldn't work for free as a live-in teacher for the Shrader family and that John kicked him out of his church as a result.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Given that the family is around native speakers all the time, how could they NOT have picked up enough of any one of the local languages to get by?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic