• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

PennySycamore
1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

That's a good point that I hadn't thought through.  Is it typical for all/some of the churches in the area to offer a translated service like this?    It's such a long time to sit--45 minutes plus of John's preaching, doubled.  I hope his translator is paid well. 

The translator may be another member of the church.  

Edited by PennySycamore

Palimpsest
2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Is it typical for all/some of the churches in the area to offer a translated service like this?

I'm sure it is typical for churches run by white fake missionaries who haven't made an effort to learn any of the languages after 2+ years of Deputation and half a decade 5 years and counting in country.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

The translator may be another member of the church.  

My bet is that it is usually young Whyte, who has now been elevated to Bro-hood.   I wouldn't count on him being paid much though.  He's following in the footsteps of former Bros Roderick and Boyd.  Poor Whyte.  Run, rabbit, run!  https://www.facebook.com/whyte.choots

I want a real update from John Boy on the status of the churches in the Malunga village and Western Province.  And on the chief!  We haven't heard a peep about the chief for ages.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

squiddysquid

Since Johnny boy's degree is fake and we know through through his 'pomes' our alliterating alpha white male doesn't have a way with words

Isn't he redundant? I mean just by knowing the language his translating 'bro' is more qualified to preach...

subsaharanafrica
3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

That's a good point that I hadn't thought through.  Is it typical for all/some of the churches in the area to offer a translated service like this?    It's such a long time to sit--45 minutes plus of John's preaching, doubled.  I hope his translator is paid well. 

No. That is not usual. Usually a service is in a single advertised language only. Bigger churches might have several services in different languages throughout the day and week. Across denominations it’s bizarre and definitely not the norm for there the be a full time priest/pastor who doesn’t speak the language of his/her congregation. 

Edited by subsaharanafrica

Palimpsest

When it rains it pours.  More updates from Shrader.Short version:  John dunked Levy (17 year-old and Robert (refugee from the DRC) and congratulates himself on being more discriminating these days about who he dunks. 

Spoiler

Always Continuing, the Amazing Commission, and Adding to the Church

I have been so busy as of late that I have not had time to share with you the incredible and wonderful Lord's Day service we had a couple Sundays ago, the 26th of January!

We continually sought God and prayed unceasingly for the salvation of Bro. Levy for almost five years, and how sweet it has been been to see the clear change in his heart and life as God made him a "new creature" through salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone!

Bro. Robert has also brought forth "fruits meet for repentance," and what a joy it has been for all of us here to see this Congolese man truly give his life to Christ and God change him as well!

These two precious men followed the Lord in believer's immersion that day, and were added to the Truth Biblical Baptist Church of Kafue, Zambia!

It was truly a wonderful day, and the privilege of obeying the Great and Glorious Commission of Christ was such a joy, not only in these baptisms and additions to our church here, but as both of these men are truly being discipled and are showing themselves to be continuing to be genuinely faithful to follow Christ and His Word, as they are taught to "observe all things" that He commanded!

Thank you so much for your prayers for faithful men, I believe in these two (and others), God is answering these fervent requests.

Levy is already a bold witness, even at his age of 17, and Robert is such an encouragement to our younger men, as they have had much discouragement seeing older men be insincere, unfaithful, and not real. Robert is truly a blessing to my heart, and I am so excited to see how God will use him. There are some possibilities, but I'll share them as/if they come to pass. For now, it is truly a joy to see these men growing.

I know I have shared such testimonies in the past, and many of those "testimonies" later were revealed to not be genuine, but I had much to learn about Africa and, no matter how careful I was with the Gospel, I was too eager to believe the professions of such men. I could not even fathom someone intentionally making a false profession of faith! Some of them I think truly were receptive to the message, but never had the genuine experience that "godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation...", and thus believed in their head, but not their "heart...unto righteousness."

We have now begun to be so careful before baptizing...there's much more I could share on that, but suffice it to say, our change and much greater caution and carefulness has already begun to reap such wonderful fruit, which has been an indescribable blessing.

Truly, we want fruit that remains.

May God alone receive the glory!

Bro. John
Kafue, Zambia

And Attention Baptist Pastors!  Johnny's running his men's conference again.  The Second Annual "Thy Beliefs Must be Shrader's" Conference coming up in May, 2020.  Featured speaker is Jesse Sng from Singapore.  I wonder who is paying Sng's travel expenses.  He's been Johnny's friend and humper for 14 years and is equally deluded.

But if you want to attend the conference you must pay a K50 (around  USD 3.50) deposit this year to stop you from backing out at the last moment.  Apparently half the registrants ran away last year.  The K50 is FULLY REFUNDABLE if you turn up bright eyed and bushy tailed though.

Johnny can refuse your application to register anyway.  It isn't an open conference.

Spoiler

Attention Zambian Independent Baptist Pastors!

*** JOYFULLY ANNOUNCING OUR ***

SECOND ANNUAL "THY WORD IS TRUTH" CONFERENCE!!!

It's Finalized! It will be held the first full week of May as always, but National Pastor Jesse Sng is graciously coming as our main/special speaker this year!

I am especially delighted and excited because Pastor Sng is a National Pastor from Singapore who has personally experienced the heartache of taking a national church planted by an American Independent Baptist missionary who was not careful with the Gospel and precious souls.

He loves Biblical Baptist doctrine and Distinctives, church history, and has ministered in many countries, desiring and laboring to see faithful men trained in the Word of God and sound Biblical Baptist Churches established. He has been a dear and faithful friend of mine now for almost 14 years now!

I know you will be blessed if you make the effort to come.

Due to those who registered last year but didn't come, the FREE Conference materials will only be GUARANTEED for those who send a K50 deposit which will be FULLY REFUNDED at the conference! This will show us who is serious, and also GUARANTEE you a spot for accommodations. Please send using MTN Mobile Money to my line below. Again! It will be FULLY REFUNDED when you arrive, it just shows you are serious! Over 1/2 of the pastors who said they were coming did not do so last year, sadly.

We will provide very nice heavy-duty Bush-type tent accommodations, all food, and shower facilities with hot water every morning will be available for bathing. Please don't forget to bring your blanket as it's cold at night in May!

Come ready to be challenged and encouraged by a Faithful National Pastor who is truly involved in training men not only in his local church that he pastors, but in multiple other countries. You don't want to miss!!

Missionary Abusa John Kapolo, Truth Biblical Baptist Church, Kafue, Zambia

(Feel free to share, but this is not an open conference. Our burden is "Independent" Baptist pastors who are concerned about the lack of Biblical doctrinal clarity and Biblical distinctions, lack of seriousness, lack of Biblical separation, lack of continuation in those who make professions, and lack of Biblical missions in our Independent Baptist churches here in Zambia. Something must change. It is this burden that has compelled us to start this yearly Conference.) 

Johnny is now referring to himself as Missionary Abusa John Kapolo,  He's used Kapolo before to try to seem humble by calling himself a servant.

I plugged "abusa" into a Nyanja to English translator and got "Missionary Ruler John Servant (or slave)" which seems a bit contradictory.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 3

Palimpsest

The Pecan's trip report with plenty of photos and videos.  https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/zambia-adventures/

Low points.

We brought ten suitcases of special supplies for John and Esther Shrader and their family. Special things that they have a hard time finding or getting over there.

Only 10 suitcases of beef jerky. taco chips, and pumpkin seeds?

These luggage porters were grateful for the books of John and Romans that he gave each of them and for the time John took to explain the study resources that went with it.

Hope he gave them some money too.

The very evening we arrived, we made in time for a youth meeting which was in preparation for the outreach we did the next day with a special community back-to-school event for children.The children were so grateful for the special pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners and little treats to eat.

Yep, bribery works to get kids to come to youth groups and children's events.  And stop making fun of local cuisine.

David enjoyed working with some of the guys to put together some special music. They really enjoyed singing together. In fact, when they went out on some ministry and tract distribution, they did some singing as well. Check it out below:

Check out how young most of those local boys on "outreach" are.  The music was indeed special.  And enough about "mud huts," thank you very much.

With all of the very memorable moments, one that is burned into our minds is the tremendous openness the people have to talking about the Word of God. While superstition and many false teachers have infiltrated much of the nation, God’s Word is something that is eternal and the basis for unshakable faith.

Look to your own nation, Pecan.  And can't you persuade that false teacher, John Shrader, to come back to the USA to convert all IBLP followers to his true Biblical Historic Unafilliated "Baptist" faith.  The Field is Ripe for Harvest back in Texas.

While there, we enjoyed a spectacular time on a vacation with the Shraders. They were so gracious and sacrificially generous to treat us to some amazing experiences.

Sacrificially generous with other people's money.  And looks as though hardworking Johnny, who is suffering so much with his back, took a lovely vacation with the Pecans.

Also, for all ignorant and stupid people in wild game parks, when elephant give you long stares and wave their ears at you they aren't saying hi.  They are telling you to f' off because you are too close.  We might have seen some very crushed Pecans if that elephant really had charged.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 10

HerNameIsBuffy
18 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The Pecan's trip report with plenty of photos and videos.  https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/zambia-adventures/

Low points.

Only 10 suitcases of beef jerky. taco chips, and pumpkin seeds?

Hope he gave them some money too.

Yep, bribery works to get kids to come to youth groups and children's events.  And stop making fun of local cuisine.

Check out how young most of those local boys on "outreach" are.  The music was indeed special.  And enough about "mud huts," thank you very much.

Look to your own nation, Pecan.  And can't you persuade that false teacher, John Shrader, to come back to the USA to convert all IBLP followers to his true Biblical Historic Unafilliated "Baptist" faith.  The Field is Ripe for Harvest back in Texas.

Sacrificially generous with other people's money.  And looks as though hardworking Johnny, who is suffering so much with his back, took a lovely vacation with the Pecans.

Also, for all ignorant and stupid people in wild game parks, when elephant give you long stares and wave their ears at you they aren't saying hi.  They are telling you to f' off because you are too close.  We might have seen some very crushed Pecans if that elephant really had charged.

Thanks for the recap.  I took a look at the page, why does David look like he's running for office in every pic I've seen of him?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

subsaharanafrica

Interestingly, it looks like they bought a seat for the baby and didn’t go the cheaper route of flying with her as a lap infant (judging based upon the picture of her in a car seat on the plane). 

Howl

Is Pris preggers again or is that post-pregnancy tum? 

HerNameIsBuffy
2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is Pris preggers again or is that post-pregnancy tum? 

Oh she's pregnant.  Due in spring?  Not sure of the due date.

I know I've said this before, but she reminds me SO much of my mom in temperament.   Her default being genuine happiness and being all about others.  Lot of ways they aren't similar, but Priscilla's joy radiates from her and that's what I remember most about my mom.  

It's not always a good thing, but I can't snark on it as I know people like that can't help being happy.  

Were I married to DW and that pregnant and he tried to drag my ass on a flight that long with a zillion kids to go see John Shrader he'd be looking for whatever kind of surgeon he'd need to remove my shoe from my ass.  

Giraffe

She’s due mid-February.

And I agree with @HerNameIsBuffy. No way would I be doing that trip as far along as she is!

Esther’s due mid-February, not Pris. I still wouldn’t want to do any long trip like that while pregnant!

Edited by Giraffe
Confused

HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

She’s due mid-February.

And I agree with @HerNameIsBuffy. No way would I be doing that trip as far along as she is!

I need a YIKES reaction emoji.  I didn't realize she was that far along - what were they thinking?

Giraffe
6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I need a YIKES reaction emoji.  I didn't realize she was that far along - what were they thinking?

ACK!!!!! Sorry - Esther’s due mid-February! I don’t know when Pris is due

Palimpsest
32 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

ACK!!!!! Sorry - Esther’s due mid-February! I don’t know when Pris is due

Pris is expecting  the latest little P in May.   And this is nothing to her.  She's frequently been tramping around Australia, the Philippines, and the US for Family Conferences closer to her due dates.

Per John's last update, Esther isn't due until the end of February.   

Howl

Poor Esther.  I've lost track of the current number of (mixing metaphors here) sprogs she's whelped.   She may end up in Michelle Duggar territory. 

NoneIsEnough

Esther is pregnant with #12, Pris is pregnant with #5. Both boys I believe. 

KnittingOwl
On 2/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, feministxtian said:

I used to pray for the really short Eucharistic prayer...the only hideously LOOOOOOOOOONG masses were the school ones. Damn the priest would talk forever. Easter Vigil sucked and so did Midnight Mass. I would play/sing both of those back in the day

Mass at school was always sooooooo long.

On the other extreme, a friend’s wedding and full mass was 40 minutes. That’s short for mass, but adding in the wedding and it was a record for me!

Palimpsest

Oh, dear.  John is delighted to announce that poor Boyd is in jail.  Did you help to put him there, Johnny?    John informed Boyd that he was in jail because "God was trying to get his attention."  John, you are a stinker of the highest order.

Actually, this is nothing to snark about.  Conditions in Zambian jails are very bad and innocent people can wait for years to come to trail.  Interesting video here:

https://www.dw.com/en/pre-trial-detention-in-zambia/av-50461034

So Shrader is continuing his prison ministry.  I'm surprised it took him so long to start it given his FIL.  There's nothing like preying on prisoners who can't escape being preached at by fake missionaries.  However, I'm sure the sitting ducks are very grateful for the soap and food John claims to be taking them.

John's also claiming to be "helping" another refugee from the Congo and a "newly released federal prisoner."  I translate this from Shrader-speak to mean he just met them.  And somehow I doubt his help is of any practical use to them.  

He's is still trying to convert Brit Stephen (and his friend Owen) who will both be returning to the UK soon.  Perhaps they'll recover their senses then.

Robert (the intellectual refugee from the DRC via Burundi who speaks several languages) is starting a fried dough business.  Johnny still has a terrible Burden for Burundi, although he never mentions the people there who were so nice to him.

A very long and full day of ministry yesterday (Tuesday) here in Zambia, I started off early for a Bible study in the Capitol City of Lusaka first thing, met with Stephen again, and his friend Owen (incredible story there, have to share later). Stephen leaves for the UK Monday, and Owen at the beginning of next month, but it was so encouraging.

I then picked up Robert (another long story, but he is starting his fried dough/bread business in Kafue soon, so he is moving here, yeah!!) then after getting back went and visited Boyd who is in jail (seems it's a "misunderstanding," but as I told him, God is trying to get his attention) and the other prisoners in one of the jails in our town, taking them food and soap and the message of Christ along with showing love to Boyd (please pray for him).

I also spent time helping a refugee whose father was murdered in the Congo and also a newly released federal prisoner, then several hours driving Robert around looking for customers for his fried dough/bread business, he found 10 shops already, and is excited because 4 of them are Burundian!!!! He speaks their language and will be able to share the Gospel with them!!! There is an amazing possibility opening up with Burundi, and we have never stopped praying or lost our burden. I'll share it when it happens...wow.

It was a very full day, thank you to those who pray for us and show the love of Christ to us.

Giraffe

Way to throw your “friends” under the bus, Johnny! 🤦‍♀️

NoneIsEnough

Every time we see John he's wearing that beige and green shirt. How often does it get washed? Does he have multiple shirts? 

These are the deep thoughts I have about John LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Gobsmacked

CAPITAL city John not CaptOl. How many more times do we have to tell you. You have been annoying folk Six years in June and you still haven't a clue about anything. Super plonker ( to the tune of Super Trooper pleeeese Thoughtful. Pretty please !!!!)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Palimpsest
On 2/14/2020 at 12:45 PM, Gobsmacked said:

CAPITAL city John not CaptOl. How many more times do we have to tell you. You have been annoying folk Six years in June and you still haven't a clue about anything.

Longer than that.  He's been annoying me since Burundi and annoying others since he first packed his kids into a grifted pop-up camper and set forth on Deputation.  And he still hasn't learned to use "I" and "me" correctly in spite of our patient coaching.  I've given up on teaching him capitol versus capital.  He's determined to sound stupid.

In the latest news:  John gives us another worshipful post about Daddy Shrader, with a rare mention of Mommy Jodi.  Perhaps funds are running low.

I like this bit:

At present, much of the tangible "results" of our ministry in Africa has been viewed by some as repeated failure.

No kidding!

He goes on to compare himself to William Carey and Adoniram Judson.  Such hubris.  Then:

I have many times wondered how these men would be viewed if ministering in today's numbers, results, and optics driven approach to ministry. As far as what God is doing here in Sub-Saharan Africa, as we teach the believers here, "Time will tell."

John has almost certainly fathered more children and wasted more resources in Africa than he has made genuine converts or provided practical assistance to nationals.  Those are the optics. 

Rusty planes with no wings, dead chicken enterprises, Satan's attacks ...

Time will tell indeed. 

The full adoring and very repetitive love letter to Daddy is under the spoiler.

Spoiler

"Hey! Watch this!!"

These "immortal" and at times infamous words have oft' been spoken by youth or those attempting to do something to get attention. Often, if not most times, it can even end in disaster!

Contrary to the foolishness of youth, my father has lived a life of displaying what GOD can do!

He was gloriously saved out of a broken home around the age of 15, and he immediately latched onto the promise of Psalm 68:5, that God Himself was now his Father.

If I could sum up the life of my father, Rick-Jodi Shrader, it could be done in those few words, but with a completely different heart and purpose.

My dad, though not actually using those words, has lived his Christian life of more than 50 years proving God in front of me, and many others. It has been impossible to deny the existence and Power of God as my earthly father's life has Constantly, Consistently, and in an irresistibly Compelling way shouted, not through the lips, but by His very life, "Hey! Watch this!!", displaying the reality of eternity and the undeniable power and existence and Deity of Jehovah God, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of the Living God.

His humble, genuine faith in the reality of a prayer answering God, lived out in a life of faithful service to both God and man, has powerfully demonstrated to me the truth of Faith in God, in an uncommon and often unimaginable, but incontrovertible way.

I thrill to be able to now, only by the Grace of God, seek to live out that same testimony with my wife in front of our children. When we remove ourselves and man's abilities from the equation, then God alone can receive ALL the Glory.

At present, much of the tangible "results" of our ministry in Africa has been viewed by some as repeated failure. That's ok, for Christ has already informed us in advance that He will praise faithfulness, not success. Many of our incredible Baptist Missionary forerunners like William Carey, the oft' referred to "father of modern missions," and the amazing Adoniram Judson, went years (up to seven) without seeing a single convert. I have many times wondered how these men would be viewed if ministering in today's numbers, results, and optics driven approach to ministry. As far as what God is doing here in Sub-Saharan Africa, as we teach the believers here, "Time will tell."

If you have been blessed to know my parents (for my mother's testimony is very similar, saved out of a godless, worldly home, rejected for following Christ and seeking first the Kingdom of God), you will probably agree that their lives have been an incredible display of "Hey! Watch this!!"

Not about what they can do, for they are the first to admit their Foibles and Faults and Failures, but of what GOD...the Living, All-Powerful God of the universe...both CAN and already HAS done through them.

They give Him the Glory, as they should.

I am humbled, honored, and frankly consider myself privileged to have such parents.

Did they fail us as their children?

Of course, and they freely admit that.

But I'll end this expression of gratitude to both God and them by saying this.

My parents truly displayed the Mind of Christ, in the four ways described in the Bible in Philippians 2:5-8.

1) They made themselves of "no reputation"

2) They are true servants

3) They are humble (though struggling with pride as we all do, but they have truly displayed real humility)

4) They have been obedient to God

I am so blessed, and now, by God's Grace, am seeking to pass this same "goodly heritage" on to our children, and I pray that one day, they will also testify such of my wife and I.

Dear reader, if you are a parent or grandparent, I beg and beseech you to ask and examine yourself if you are indeed demonstrating the Mind of Christ to your children and/or grandchildren.

It impacts eternity.

To God be the glory alone.

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

I wonder how Esther is doing.  

Edited by Palimpsest

Xan

Johnny-boy must be running low on funds.  He isn't usually this grateful.  I'm also surprised that he recognizes that humility is a virtue.  

What is it with fundies and random capitalization?  "Constantly...Consistently...Compelling"??  Why, John?  Why?  

I found this part interesting:  "If you have been blessed to know my parents (for my mother's testimony is very similar, saved out of a godless, worldly home, rejected for following Christ ..."  What sort of godless, worldly home was it?  Did she fall in love with Rick and totally absorb all of his beliefs?  

And, no.  He won't mention Esther until she has the baby.  Esther works harder than John and has more burdens but she's always just an afterthought.  The times that I dislike the Keller family the most is when I consider how they haven't intervened in the hideous life of their daughter.  Esther and the kids were living in a pop-up camper.  Where was that compassion and Christian love then, Mike and Suzette? 

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

CTRLZero
9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

with a rare mention of Mommy Jodi

It looks like she's been confined within parentheses, so she's still being presented as a lesser being than his genius father.   You're probably right, his funds need a top off after hosting his visitors.

Did they fail us as their children?

Of course, and they freely admit that.

John has mentioned this a couple times recently.  Since you bring it up, John, it would be interesting to learn about the perceived failures of Rick (and Jodi).  Don't leave us hanging!   Time will tell what your own "goodly heritage" brings to Burundi and beyond.

HerNameIsBuffy
14 minutes ago, Xan said:

The times that I dislike the Keller family the most is when I consider how they haven't intervened in the hideous life of their daughter.  Esther and the kids were living in a pop-up camper.  Where was that compassion and Christian love then, Mike and Suzette? 

I couldn't agree more.  As they were so recently victims of the Rods grifting they kinda looked better for a second, because it's easy to look good compared to the Rods.  

But Esther and Anna need(ed) parents and rescuing and nothing.  If those two situations don't make you mount your white horse for your baby girls and grandkiddos than what does?

Not to mention Priscilla.  Sold in marriage to a man she wasn't attracted to who also showed no enthusiasm for her.  That was criminal because they clearly used her faith in them against her.  Hell, they used her faith in God against her.  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4