IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

26 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

Thank you for your explanation @subsaharanafrica

Edit : Another rather naive question : did the young people you know keep their American citizenship ? Is that easy to do, or even possible legally ?

The people I know who have done it are the children of Zimbabwean farmers who resettled in Zambia after having their farms seized in Zim. Neither Zimbabwe nor Zambia allowed for dual citizenship at the time so no, they were not. 

Zambia amended its constitution a few years ago and now it does allow for dual citizenship. Because there is nothing preventing dual citizenship from the US side of things there is nothing to stop an American from keeping their US citizenship in the same situation. 

Edited by subsaharanafrica
Clarification
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

On 10/26/2020 at 7:31 AM, ignorantobserver said:

Thank you for your explanation @subsaharanafrica ! That means Shrader's children could stay in Zambia rather easily ? That might be bad news for them : with John's aversion to long-term planning, he might just expect them to stay at home forever because he is not interested in planning for their future... I hope I am wrong !

Edit : Another rather naive question : did the young people you know keep their American citizenship ? Is that easy to do, or even possible legally ?

This makes me feel even worse for the children. John only packed up and moved his family all the way to Zambia because he couldn't hold down a job. Now, he has soon-to-be adult children who are going to want to start their lives. He never planned for their future, only his own. I do believe that the children will keep their citizenship as they may end up returning and living in the US in the future.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 10/28/2020 at 5:50 AM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

. I do believe that the children will keep their citizenship as they may end up returning and living in the US in the future.

US citizenship is very , very hard to get rid of. It involves going to the embassy, signing a declaration, telling them about your worldwide assets, and paying an exit tax. You don’t get rid of US citizenship unless you really, really want to. 

John’s kids will be beholding to Uncle Sam for life. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

US citizenship is very , very hard to get rid of. It involves going to the embassy, signing a declaration, telling them about your worldwide assets, and paying an exit tax. You don’t get rid of US citizenship unless you really, really want to. 

John’s kids will be beholding to Uncle Sam for life. 

That makes me feel better. I just hope John comes to his sense when it comes down to his adult children. But, who am I kidding he probably won't and do everything he can to keep them in Zambia.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 10/29/2020 at 3:02 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

But, who am I kidding he probably won't and do everything he can to keep them in Zambia.

Not only are they trapped in a fundy bubble, but they are also trapped in the family bubble.

They have never integrated into their adopted country, have zero experience with American culture, their homeschool "education" is almost certainly sadly subpar, they have been raised by a subservient mom and an extremely neurotic/bipolar father who, lets face it, is basically nuts and gets along with people until they figure out he's a crazy, awful, mean, racist religious fanatic.  Never forget his early converts who turned against him and called him out for all those things on facebook.   The growth of those kids has been stunted in so many ways.  

The boys have no skillset except becoming grifting preachers like their dad.  Those boys are going to be like JRod's TimBits/TITR,  who tried to fledge the nest, but his wings were insufficiently developed to fly. 

And the girls?  How will they even meet potential headships?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Howl said:

Not only are they trapped in a fundy bubble, but they are also trapped in the family bubble.

They have never integrated into their adopted country, have zero experience with American culture, their homeschool "education" is almost certainly sadly subpar, they have been raised by a subservient mom and an extremely neurotic/bipolar father who, lets face it, is basically nuts and gets along with people until they figure out he's a crazy, awful, mean, racist religious fanatic.  Never forget his early converts who turned against him and called him out for all those things on facebook.   The growth of those kids has been stunted in so many ways.  

The boys have no skillset except becoming grifting preachers like their dad.  Those boys are going to be like JRod's TimBits/TITR,  who tried to fledge the nest, but his wings were insufficiently developed to fly. 

And the girls?  How will they even meet potential headships?

Will he keep the boys to help with "ministry" and send girls back to Texas to find husbands?  Then have married couples return to Zambia!

Just now, gustava said:

Will he keep the boys to help with "ministry" and send girls back to Texas to find husbands?  Then have married couples return to Zambia?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Please just please that he doesn’t try to hook his children up with Rodlets.  Jill would be over the moon. Timbits working for ‘another land lubber pilot missionary’ . She would milk that although thankfully there is no plane and hopefully Deer Rufus there never will be. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, Howl said:

They have never integrated into their adopted country, have zero experience with American culture, their homeschool "education" is almost certainly sadly subpar

I really wonder if they have any social contacts at all with the "natives". The way they have been raised, they almost certainly see them as "not friends material". Did any of these kids learn the local language well enough to get to know the neighborhood children ? The gossiping matrons ? The owner of the general store ? The primary school teacher ? Any of the "key" people necessary to know what's going on in their community ? They are effectively not part of anything, just as you said. They are eternal tourists and I am deeply saddened by that thought. Imagine if they had the freedom to run around and actually learn about the local culture and community ? They might make friends for life, meet their future spouse, go to the local school, learn about educational or working opportunities in their own city ! The way they are raised, their only hope is going back to the US at some point.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

57 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

I really wonder if they have any social contacts at all with the "natives".

Alatheia was running a girls bible study group, so there may be some. I suspect that the kids, particularly the younger ones, have more knowledge of the local language(s) than John. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think John is so angry that the “natives” refuse to accept his self proclaimed biblical superiority that he would have a very hard time allowing his children to marry anyone who lived there. He gets some individual followers who then seem to run for the hills when they get to know him more. He is a pompous idiot who doesn’t seem to get that he and his religious beliefs are not resonating in the slightest and blames them instead of himself.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Their oldest is almost marrying age, will they let him Mary someone that's not white or will he move back to the states or are there other white missionaries there. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic