IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

If Alatheia is traveling with Esther that leaves 12yo agape and 9yo charis as the next two sister moms in charge of womanly duties and caring for a family of 10 seems like an awful lot of work for such young girls.  I hope their brothers aren’t too good to change diapers because I’m sure their dad is!  Nice for Esther and Alatheia to get a break from all those chores though.

• Upvote 11

On 8 July 2020 at 2:38 PM, Botkinetti said:

John wants to be put on a pedestal and worshipped as the best Christian who ever lived. I’m sure he wants all the people he comes across to tremble in fear of disappointing him. I’m sure they think of him as a giant doofus if they even think of him at all.

The photos of John from a couple of years ago standing at a graveside wearing his huge hat and waving a bible aloft is exactly what you have described here Botkinetti. (Sorry I'm not able to post it here. I'm using an old I phone).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

He's still in his manic phase.  Now, he's asking for any old Android phones or tablets to be donated so he can download a Bible study app and a pdf library of books onto them.  I suppose he's going to pass them out.  He wants people to be able to study the "Precious and Pure Word of God."  He's also asking for prayers for "unspoken prayer requests".  John mentions that he was awake at 2 AM one night and was able to watch a sermon from his dad's church.

I wonder what he'll do this time when the manic phase ends?  In the past, he's taken to his bed with his bad back.  Now that it's supposedly fixed, what excuse will he use?

I do hope that Esther gets back before he crashes.  Those poor kids...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Here you go - your basic White Savior Asshole photos:

Hide contents

1076631848_JohnShraderfuneral.jpg.d8c3ad8374e58d9168285fef6234d5c2.jpg

Because, of course, it's not about the mourners. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Xan said:

He's still in his manic phase.  Now, he's asking for any old Android phones or tablets to be donated so he can download a Bible study app and a pdf library of books onto them.  I suppose he's going to pass them out.  He wants people to be able to study the "Precious and Pure Word of God."  He's also asking for prayers for "unspoken prayer requests".  John mentions that he was awake at 2 AM one night and was able to watch a sermon from his dad's church.

I wonder what he'll do this time when the manic phase ends?  In the past, he's taken to his bed with his bad back.  Now that it's supposedly fixed, what excuse will he use?

I do hope that Esther gets back before he crashes.  Those poor kids...

There is a free Bible app that is available on operating systems. It includes translations other than KJV, so perhaps he is worried people will be corrupted by NLT or the Message? Such a waste of time!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Ali said:

There is a free Bible app that is available on operating systems. It includes translations other than KJV, so perhaps he is worried people will be corrupted by NLT or the Message? Such a waste of time!

Just remember: It's ALWAYS about John and how many angels he STRONGLY believes are dancing on the head of a pin.  Nothing else.  He's a legend in his own mind for carving out an important niche defining theological purity, but he's just a sad little nit picker. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

John's back on Facebook.  He says that people have asked for clarification on the hymnal purification.  He's giving a long, convoluted answer by showing one phrase of one translated hymn and explaining how it doesn't go along with a passage in Galatians.  He also points out that the word "charm" used to mean "delight" but that in the local dialect, "charm" means something Satanic.  Buh-bye "charm"!  He also points out that every time they use the word "blood", it has to specifically mean "Jesus' blood".

Wow.  He's really in deep this time.  If he's going to dig through every word of every hymn, that's nearly impossible.  He admits that it's a long and arduous process.  John's adding "scripture keys" to the bottom of each hymn so people can read about what the hymn should say about the doctrine.

He says songs should "teach and admonish".  He's gotten a few more local men to come in and help him and he wants them to agree with him on this.  I wonder if they think he's as crazy as he appears to be.  He is trying very hard to explain on Facebook how important this work is.  I think he doth protest too much.  Perhaps Papa Rick has inquired about why John is wasting his time re-translating hymns that were already translated.

(For the record, he's still working on the same hymn that he was re-translating 3 days ago.)

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Xan said:

He's gotten a few more local men to come in and help him and he wants them to agree with him on this.  I wonder if they think he's as crazy as he appears to be.

I would guess... yes. I strongly suspect John, and the rest of the family by extension, are widely pitied and regarded as (at the very least) odd, even for Americans.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

John, I’m so glad to hear you’re spending your time on something so valuable. I’d hate to hear you taking this opportunity to spend more time with your kids seeing as how you’re their sole caregiver at the moment. Oh, I forgot, that’s women’s work so you’ve graciously left it for your other daughters. I’m sure the community is thrilled you’re dissecting their hymnals. Wouldn’t want them drinking a gnat*, now would you?

(there’s a bible verse where Jesus criticizes people for straining a gnat out from their water and accidentally swallowing a camel in the process)

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Xan said:

He admits that it's a long and arduous process.

Long, arduous processes are not something John is known for. Where is the damn Bible display case John! Remember when that was such a big deal and you just HAD to have materials to build it?! 

John is going to quickly get bored with this, try to shuffle all the work to the local men and then blame them when the new hymnal never happens. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Agree that this project has a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding  and will quietly sink into the quagmire to join John's other numerous failed projects (remember them?), not to be mentioned again.  Too bad the seminary (remember the seminary?) failed; if it had succeeded, he could get the students (remember them?) to work on this project. 

This is also just another example of John's profound arrogance, which has not changed one iota from his arrival in Zambia. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 7/10/2020 at 3:35 PM, Xan said:

John's back on Facebook.  He says that people have asked for clarification on the hymnal purification.  He's giving a long, convoluted answer by showing one phrase of one translated hymn and explaining how it doesn't go along with a passage in Galatians.  He also points out that the word "charm" used to mean "delight" but that in the local dialect, "charm" means something Satanic.  Buh-bye "charm"!  He also points out that every time they use the word "blood", it has to specifically mean "Jesus' blood".

WTeverlivingFDude. That hymn is important because it was the first written that isn’t paraphrasing scripture. John has somehow found a verse to decide it’ about and is pissed that the translation doesn’t hold true.

And because of this is retranslating into a language he doesn’t speak. Seriously? Seriously??!?!

Edited by subsaharanafrica
I shouldn’t type while drinking.
  • Upvote 8

Today he posted about some local boys being preached to, and had more to say about his new project:

a much needed endeavor due to key doctrine having been left out of the hymns, and even worse, false teaching substituted due to terrible translations. It may be that some doing the translations might not have even been saved, just looking at the work! It's so bad we left off using the vernacular hymnal, so this is such a blessing for our people! God has brought Pastor Zulu to help me, an answer to many years of prayer!!

I agree this is never gonna get finished. He'll get too bogged down and never make any progress and then give up or blame satan. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

This is also just another example of John's profound arrogance, which has not changed one iota from his arrival in Zambia. 

Also I think evidence of John's untreated probable bipolar, which coupled with the arrogance is a pretty bad mix. 

• Upvote 9

Any news on Esther and the kids in the US? 

Have they been spotted at Tri-County?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Esther finally showed up today at Rick's church.  Rick mentions that Alatheia spoke last week.  (I somehow missed that.) Esther speaks during the morning service.  She sounds a tad like Priscilla.  She has a relatively high pitched voice and uses "blessings". "precious", and "sweet" a lot and smiles as she speaks.  She says she talked to a couple of the women's groups and is happy people are praying for them.  She talks maybe three minutes and that's it.  

Spoiler

2128576218_Screenshot(1026).thumb.png.f2f4f106bb2e05aaa7eb6f6bae8b35d8.png

At one point, John comments, "Yea! My sweetheart!!"  He makes 7 comments today. He made 6 comments on the later service.  I thought he was supposed to be busy with his hymnal.

The guest preacher gives the message.  It's his last day there.  I can't listen to him.  He's not completely organized and is a little too energetic.  I'll pass.

Rick has on a Jesus tie.  

Spoiler

16706464_Screenshot(1022).png.5c9bffeb2615926af815130156885767.png

I went back to last week's service to watch Alatheia.  Again, she doesn't speak very long.  She's 16 and very cute.  She looks more like John (and Rick) to me than she looks like Esther.  She's "so excited" to be in Zambia and loves "reaching the people".  Rick mentions that he's packing "three barrels" to send back with Esther.  (No.  I don't understand that either.)  She speaks for maybe about a minute.  

Spoiler

1349140743_Screenshot(1024).png.cf046b6e5cb0d562169d800c0e677182.png

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Esther looks more like her mama every year.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Xan said:

Esther finally showed up today at Rick's church.

OK, I had to laugh because this is SO Texas.  We're in the middle of  heat wave, and in July in Texas, that's saying something.  The combination of heat and humidity is awful and it doesn't cool down at night. 

However, it's Sunday and the men, or at least Rick, are wearing SUITS, so the air conditioning is cranked to max to keep them comfortable, which is why Esther is wearing...a sweater. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Sadly, I expect all of the kids have been trained to take care of John's needs first. 

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

This is the way my speculation bus runs... I think Esther brought Alatheia to help with Joe so she could be at doctors' appointments with Nehemiah.  Maybe she and the American contingent of the family want to make sure that he's throroughly checked out and doesn't have anything major going on regarding his seizures.  That's why they'be been in Texas for so long already.  She got John to let her go because of Nathan's wedding and that Rick's church would pay for it.  I bet she sprang the "I'm taking Nehemiah too" at the last minute.         

I hope Nehemiah is okay.  I wonder if this is feeding into John's mania -- that maybe something is wrong with Nehemiah and that he'd been underplaying and outright dismissing it.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I sadly believe John would downplay anything that took attention away from him. After all his health concerns , worry about declining spiritual values and any other fleeting thought that crosses his mind should be of paramount importance to everyone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

John, still in his manic phase, got to visit someone's house and point out that the Bibles and tracts that he's producing are the most Godliest of all. Then, later, he got to go visit another house and counsel someone.   It helped that the house had no electricity and he used his "small but powerful flashlight".  He also shared some malaria meds so that probably helped him get his foot in the door.

Then he got to do a ride-along with a pilot checking out a Cessna and the pilot let John fly for a bit.  He assures us that he hasn't lost his passion for flying.He wants everyone to pray for that possibility in the future!

But... John?  What about the hymnal?  Is it doctrine official now?  And who is watching those 9 children that Esther left behind?  Does John remember that there are 9 children waiting for him at home?f

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

So disappointed that the Pilot Preacher will not be at the Rod wedding.  I was so looking forward to a John Schrader/Jill Rodrigues showdown. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic