IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I don't underwhat the big deal is about an out of state couple titheing. The only thing I can think of is if Rick used that money for Johns mission instead of putting it in the churches account.

My thought is that the money coming in and the money going out doesn't make a lot of sense because Rick is doing some creative book keeping and people tried to figure things out.  It sounds like there were a lot of questions about why it looks like a couple who left the church years ago and joined another church are still down as paying tithes. 

I really wish someone would just spill the beans on what it all was and how Rick managed to throw the new pastor under the bus and keep control of the church. 

1 hour ago, Xan said:

It also just occurred to me that maybe Rick does so much for John because John is the only one who seems to be following in his footsteps and "serving the Lord" with his life.  I know that Rick and Jodi had five children -- four boys and one girl -- and the girl is deceased.  John is the oldest.  From what I can find, the other three boys don't work in the ministry.  Perhaps Rick thinks that John is his only hope of having his family be a ministry family.  Plus, John might be expensive but he's a lot less trouble when he's on another continent.  From this distance, he's a missionary with twelve children.  Up close, he appears to be an untreated manic/depressive with an outsized ego and an inability to make money or to handle it effectively.

@Palimpsest was very correct in calling John a modern day remittance man!  I don't think Rick is in any hurry to have John back home. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2020 at 9:02 PM, Bethella said:

The best predictor we have for the end of Esther’s fertility is her mother and Suzette was 43 and 3 months when she had her last live birth.

This is why I’m terrified. My grandmother had my dad at 46 the same year her older sister also had an oopsie last at 50. I don’t need those genes thank you very much. 

• Upvote 9

John has put up the newest "prayer/praise letter" on his public Facebook page.

The interesting part:  "Before I share with you the exciting reports of what God is doing here, let me start by sharing that Stephen Rogers, who had been recommended by my father and called by our sending church last year, resigned without warning on Mother's Day, May 10th.  Please feel free to contact the Founding Pastor of our Sending Church, Pastor Rick Shrader at his cell phone above with any questions. Praise the Lord, the church is moving forward for Christ, has a full week revival planned, July 5th-12th, new members recently added, and is excited to continue reaching Katy and beyond.  They're encouraging our hearts here in Africa with them now focusing on Evangelism & Outreach!  Dad asked you to please be praying for this exciting opportunity as 10,000 mailers go out, also thousands of door hangers and postcards for door to door, and online ads too!"

So, Rick and John are still focusing on outreach.  That sounds to me like Rick is doubling on on making sure John is supported.  Uh, Rick?  I don't think those 10,000 mailers are going to do what you hope they're going to do.  And if I find a door hanger, I generally just toss is out.  I'm not sure that you're going to get that membership back up so you might as well just come clean with the remaining church members.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Sounds as if Rick is desperate.  And persuading people to switch  churches  or to start going to church during Covid...even in Texas...may be a challenge.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, Xan said:

don't think those 10,000 mailers are going to do what you hope they're going to do. 

Agreed. I’d love to know who the target audience is. I kinda want to get my friend one as a gag gift. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, gustava said:

And persuading people to switch  churches  or to start going to church during Covid...even in Texas...may be a challenge.

Yup, Texas is either in the 2nd Wave of CV 19 or we're still in the wave train of Wave 1.  Whichever it is, new cases are piling up fast and it's making a lot of people very, very nervous.  Which makes me wonder who in their right mind would have 

a full week revival planned, July 5th-12th

in the middle of a damn pandemic.  As noted before, Katy has become somewhat of a bedroom community of Houston with all the related development that that implies, and an interstate hwy goes right through the middle; it's not an isolated community in the middle of nowhere. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

JOhn posted this yesterday

Wow! God is so gracious!! Amen!!!

Our dear friend, the Honorable Mr. Gibson Sinkala, who God raised up to help us time and time again (the most recent by personally going with me to Lusaka and introducing me to his friend, the Head of Immigration of the entire country, the Director General of Immigration himself, who helped us renew our permits and change to be under our own Mission, "Biblical Baptist Churches Mission of Zambia"), was recently appointed to the District Commissioner of Kafue by the President of the nation of Zambia!

This dear friend has helped us at so many critical times in the past, and now he's been lifted up to this high post, and we were able to go and congratulate him on his appointment to the Office of District Commissioner as well as wish him a blessed 43rd birthday (he's just two weeks older than I, we were both born in June of 1977!). We took him some fresh baked cupcakes made by our Alatheia (taught by her mother), and after testing he recommended we open a bakery!

Esther and I had the wonderful privilege of him inviting us to his Office, and we rejoice that God has lifted up this truly humble man to such a position. He has greatly encouraged us over the 2.5 years that we have known him, and we thank the Lord for bringing him into our lives back when we were falsely accused in an attempt to have us thrown out of the country! God literally ordered my steps to put me right next to him in front of a shop here in Kafue, the day before I was unjustly ordered to not be allowed to preach on our own church property!

I'll never forget his first words to me.

"You don't know me, but I know you. I've seen you sitting under the Mango trees preaching the Word of God, going in the compounds ministering. We want you here in Kafue."

He then gave me his personal phone number, and the very next day (after crying out to the Lord of course), the very first call I made was to him after being detained for several hours by the Immigration Officials!!

What a blessing!

God is so very very good and gracious to our family. This man will also be able to recommend us one day (in about 4 years) when we apply for Residency as a family here in Zambia!!

Please pray, he also said he might visit our church this month, something we have been inviting him to and praying about for years.

Also, most importantly, he asked us to PRAY for him as a leader. What a blessing and a privilege!!!

To God be the glory alone!

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

Bolding mine. Did we know he was actually detained by Imigration Officials a few years ago? I know he mentioned problems and we thought he was in trouble, but I don't remember him actually being detained. Although, that could also be dramatics by John, and he was merely questioned. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

I wonder how much money Rick spent bribing this man. I do think John is so delusional that bribing people wouldn't enter his mind. but Rick doesn't seem to want John back in America and appears to be more grounded in reality. John has had entirely too many close calls for his dad to not be bribing government officials to make sure he can stay in Zambia. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out but please read the comments in the June 14th Tri-County Baptist (Rick preaching) video.  There is someone on there who mentions John several times and talks about Rick encouraging this same person to help John out with monetary donations.  Some of the posts are difficult to read/interpret(poster is homeless, possibly intellectually challenged and pleading for help) but that is the general gist that I get.  The posts are heartbreaking to read and definitely point out that John is part of the Tri-County Baptist Church's new problems. 

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Carol said:

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out but please read the comments in the June 14th Tri-County Baptist (Rick preaching) video.  There is someone on there who mentions John several times and talks about Rick encouraging this same person to help John out with monetary donations.  Some of the posts are difficult to read/interpret(poster is homeless, possibly intellectually challenged and pleading for help) but that is the general gist that I get.  The posts are heartbreaking to read and definitely point out that John is part of the Tri-County Baptist Church's new problems. 

It is very difficult to read but this person obviously needs help and it sounds like Rick and John took advantage of him and then tossed him to the side. In one comment he said that Rick's son came with him to a doctor appointment. I wonder if that was when john was here trying to get medical care for himself. He also says that Rick promised that if he gave John money they would help him and they haven't helped him. He says that Rick was "holding onto" some money for him and it ended up going to John.

• Sad 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

A bunch of videos under the specials section of the YouTube channel are now private. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

On 6/17/2020 at 10:13 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

JOhn posted this yesterday

I’m surprised he’s publishing the name of his connection. If someone goes on an anti-corruption kick he could be making them both targets. 

• Upvote 12

Enoch turns 18 in January. Will he still be able to be on his parents Family Visa, or will he have to apply for his own? Wonder if he will be sent back to the States uptown help his grandfather? 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the church is still planning a revival for  July 5th-12th?  Harris County/Houston has declared Code Red for corona virus and is strongly advising everyone to stay the fuck home and wear masks if they have to go out.  The warning was issued last Friday and things are not getting any better.  Houston has not yet run out of hospital/ICU beds but that it's certainly a possibility if the rise in cases continues unabated.  

There is no mention of a revival on the church website or facebook page. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

John has recorded a testimonial for "Balanced Back".  I wonder if he got paid for it or was it that he got a reduced price for the surgery if he did a testimonial?  He says in the video on his Facebook page that he had been unable to even lift his youngest child before the surgery.  Oh, Esther -- you really got a lousy husband.  Not only has he been unable to provide for you and your children without donations, he's not even able to help you with taking care of the children.

Balanced Back is located in the Cayman Islands.  Reviews say that surgery is cheaper there.  I suspect that doctors and medical practices also like the Cayman Island malpractice laws.  One article states:

Even with a death certificate that directly attributes blame to a doctor’s error, under a current legal interpretation of Section 12 of the Health Services Authority Law, staff are protected against legal action unless a patient can prove “bad faith” – which essentially means the injury was caused deliberately. 

“Proving bad faith is extremely difficult and it is an incredibly high threshold to cross, especially in the context of a personal injury action,” said James Kennedy, a partner at Samson and McGrath Attorneys-at-Law, which is bringing the legal challenge. 

Also on John's Facebook page, he mentions:  "Thanks to all that prayed and gave. We never asked for offerings, nor published the financial need, but to those that the Lord laid the need on your heart, thank you. It's truly amazing how the Lord provided."  I find it particularly offensive that he takes such pride in "never asking" for donations even though he somehow manages to let people know about what he might need or what he's praying over.  Perhaps a condition of his father's church is that he not solicit donations from others.

Rick, John's dad, announced at church that the revival is still going to be held and there will be food served at some point.  He said they'll try to be spread out to keep people safe.  He also announced that Esther is coming in next week for the revival and to stay around for her brother's wedding.  She's bringing the newest baby, the oldest girl, and Nehemiah.  He didn't specifically say how long she'd stay but at least we know that she's coming for the wedding.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

In a parallel world Esther would refuse to return to Zambia. Her parents would somehow be able to raise the money to bring back the rest of the children leaving John to 'not grift'  for help to get himself home. I was going  to suggest leaving him there but that's not fair in the good folk of Zambia. He will have to take any jobs he can to work his way home. His genius father who we all suspect of not wanting him back, won't pay him a penny to help out. 

A person can dream!

Esther is dumb, she is bringing a small baby and two other children to a country rife with Coronavirus. The stupidity hurts. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

She’ll fit right in at the Nurptials then. But man, I sure wish it were going to be a Jill/John smackdown!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I wonder if they are bringing Nehemiah so he see a doctor about his seizures? I imagine Alathia is going to help out with the baby. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Hope so too about Nehemiah.

What about any quarantine requirements upon entering USA? Do they have to go into isolation when they arrive?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Hope so too about Nehemiah.

What about any quarantine requirements upon entering USA? Do they have to go into isolation when they arrive?

Not that I know of. Texas and Florida have pretty relaxed requirements anyway. They are also the states with the largest outbreaks right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Texas and Florida have pretty relaxed requirements anyway. They are also the states with the largest outbreaks right now.

Houston/Harris County are on fire with coronavirus.  There's a mandatory mask requirement in businesses until the end of August. My city is not far behind. 

18 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

In a parallel world Esther would refuse to return to Zambia

In the real world, Esther could be denied re-entry into Zambia because of the out-of-control spread of CV 19 in the US. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

Houston/Harris County are on fire with coronavirus.  There's a mandatory mask requirement in businesses until the end of August. My city is not far behind. 

In the real world, Esther could be denied re-entry into Zambia because of the out-of-control spread of CV 19 in the US. 

Wouldn't that just burn John's biscuits.  Can you imagine the posts about the attacks of Satan if his wife were stuck in the US for an extended time and he had to take care of the rest of the kids by himself.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic