IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

Many people will be suffering money wise them selves at the moment. Any spare money will be needed to help out their own families. John's grift will be suffering. I worry for Esther and the children. The Kellers won't be able to help out much I imagine. 

• Upvote 10

Don't forget that Hurricane Harvey also decimated parts of Katy and came close to flooding the church campus in August 2017.  I worried then about the congregations ability to hold it together and keep giving John money. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

John has put his family in a real jam.  They do not have the financial resources to return to the USA. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

John's having one of those self-reflective moments he seems to have once in a while where he says he now realizes his faults and he begs forgiveness, but of course he never changes and does it all again. 

Spoiler

This quote by the Baptist preacher C.H. Spurgeon never fails to grip me and convict me.

Conviction is good.

Self examination is both needed and necessary, for we are often..., or rather I should say that I am far too often quick to spot in others deficiencies and failures rather than to find fault with my own.

I cannot share details, but over the past year a series of events have caused me to, as it were, look at myself in a "mirror" of sorts, and I was horrified at what I saw.

"Is this how I come across to others?!" I pondered and wondered. "Is THIS how others may see me?!"

I saw how very damaging and hurtful a critical spirit can be.

How swift I am to pass judgment on others...yet how slow I was to critically examine myself in the Light and Truth of the Word of God.

Self deception is one of the greatest, and one of the most dangerous deception there is.

I have, am, and will be guilty of that horrendous and wicked sin, for which I now ask your prayers.

I have dealt so harshly with some in the past (it matters not if they were wrong, we are instructed to judge ourselves FIRST in the Word, and see the massive BEAM in our own eye bettor critically pointing out the mote (small thing) in another's), and deal with Grace, Love, Meekness and Patience with others in their failures and faults.

Truly, as Spurgeon stated, "If any man thinks ill of you, do not be angry with him; for you are far worse than he thinks you to be."

Oh to truly see the depths of depravity and filth that lurk within our hearts of flesh.

Oh to see the grief we cause our Lord, His Holy Spirit, and our Brethren and even the dying lost around us as we, as I, at times, almost seemingly wallow in flesh and self and me.

Oh that our Mighty God may grant to us the true view of wretched Self, that we, instead of coddling it, might desire with the sole help of our Saviour, cut it off and crucify it in reality and practicality, not merely in a cerebral and theological conception that is recognized in our head, but fails to reach and break our hearts.

I plead with you dear brethren, to pray for me, for though I have in some way seemingly beheld, as it were, my natural face in a glass, it is so easy to find great fault with other's failures, and excuse and make light of my own.

I can ill afford to seek to serve my King and Lord and Saviour here in Africa in the flesh, for to do so would be rebellion of the highest order, and foolishness of the greatest sort, according to Romans 8:8, John 6:63, and many others.

I am baring my soul before you. Pray that God may chastise, chasten and correct, and kindly recognize that I have come to you candidly to confess my fault as James 5 says, and ask that you neither pity nor persecute me by seeking to drive this piercing reality further into my heart, but to do as James instructed, and PRAY for me.

If I have harmed or hurt you in the past and failed to seek forgiveness, please message me or email me at 2tim22@gmail.com, and give me the opportunity to seek forgiveness and restoration together with you.

May God continue to use even the criticism of accusation to do His Masterful Work in my needy soul, for I am truly in great need of Him.

From my heart, Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

** Rick-Jodi Shrader, Esther Shrader, Jodi Shrader

101404296_10216206998997886_4099475051999395840_o.thumb.jpg.0b155bc25c8777053c0824e890636987.jpg

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

He has been on a mood upswing for quite a while,  he is due for a downswing and here it is. Poor Esther and the kids- they are in for rough time of it

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

We are in the "I'm such a horrible person" stage of John's cycle. He has been here before and will be here again and nothing will change. I'm guessing whatever happened with Daddy Shrader has triggered this downward turn. It usually happens after John gets in trouble or fucks up in some massive way. 

It is sad that we have watched him so long that we can easily see his cycle of behavior, but those who support him apparently don't. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We are in the "I'm such a horrible person" stage of John's cycle.

He seemed to have a bit of self insight at some point during his back surgery process accompanied by some minor self flagellating repentance, but, as you all have noted, it's just part of a repeating cycle. 

I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV; however, for y'all's consideration, I'll lay out "personality disorder" with a little bipolar thrown in, because there's something about this guy that's just not right. 

Wiki! Personality disorders (PD) are a class of mental disorders characterized by enduring maladaptive patterns of behavior, cognition, and inner experience, exhibited across many contexts and deviating from those accepted by the individual's culture. These patterns develop early, are inflexible, and are associated with significant distress or disability. 

There's something about Bro. Shrader that makes me want to pull on a thread and unravel exactly what it is that's wrong with him. Sadly, I don't think it's anything that can be fixed, ever.  

And Esther? She could be good for four or five more kids...or more?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

He has a dash of Narcism thrown in the mix too. I've been reading about Narcism since realising my sister has it. I'm no Doctor or expert just armchair diagnosis. John must be hell to live with. I do wonder if Esther's way of dealing with is to spirit him away for 'sweet fellowship' to calm him down? :brainbleach: hence the many blessings? forgive me for spoiling your day/evening. :brainbleach:

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

And Esther? She could be good for four or five more kids...or more?

I wonder about Esther. I don't really believe she deserves our compassion : she has siblings who left the cult, she does have alternatives and I refuse to believe that she allowed herself to be dragged to Africa against her wishes. John is so obviously and stunningly dysfunctional that I have trouble imagining him managing his own life, not to mention his children, his money, his career of something as complex as missionary work. We are talking about someone who managed to fly to a foreign continent without insurance, visas or a place to live for his small children ! Actually, his issues suggest that Esther is the driving force behind this mission-project, even if she is publicly very demure and doesn't have a social media presence. I am absolutely convinced that she could have ended this before they even were on deputation, without ever disagreeing with her husband, just by working a little less hard, by "forgetting" to do the paperwork, feeling unwell, suffering nightmares about her unborn child... or even by just letting him do his thing himself, then watch him fail and lose interest. Their mission in Africa has been on the verge of failing several times already, she could have easily engineered a situation where they would have been "forced" to return home. He is so childish and dependant that he wouldn't get anything done without her enabling him. She probably has a lot more power than she lets on.

• Upvote 13

Esther has to be enabling him. John only does things on the most grand scale, so someone is doing the daily, boring crap that keeps John in Africa surrounded by new toys. Daddy Shrader provides money, but Esther has to be helping this train wreck along. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

I am baring my soul before you. Pray that God may chastise, chasten and correct, and kindly recognize that I have come to you candidly to confess my fault as James 5 says, and ask that you neither pity nor persecute me by seeking to drive this piercing reality further into my heart, but to do as James instructed, and PRAY for me.

If I have harmed or hurt you in the past and failed to seek forgiveness, please message me or email me at 2tim22@gmail.com, and give me the opportunity to seek forgiveness and restoration together with you.

Translation : I refuse to take responsability for anything I have done in the past. If you feel that I have wronged you, please shut up about it, mentioning my sins is persecution. (And please, please don't go public with your story !)

His other ramblings are his usual whining and self-pity, but this last paragraph suggests that he has done something very wrong and is aware of it - something that he can't reframe as a theological dispute or as someone else being "stubborn and bitter". John very obviously tries to keep a specific person from spreading information about his personal wrongdoings - so, it's not just his father potentially embezzling funds or deceiving his congregation about the purpose of their donations, but a misdeed that is so clearly linked to John that he can't claim ignorance, and the person in question probably has written proof.

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

"I've been following your posts on FB, and I need to know YOUR God!"

I've been asked not to share their names publicly, but the man that said those words in our conversation contacted me recently asking for spiritual help.

Some of what he also wrote to me was this:

"Its sad. Truth be told i have no idea what to believe now because Calvinism teaches something else just like Charistmatics do then Islam and church of Jesus christ of later saints inclusive of some christian science and Eckankar. I'm miserable, Who then is God?"

He also wrote:

"We are literally miserable lost souls that need Christ."

This man has tried embracing the heady Catholic/Augustinian philosophy of Reformed Theology (Calvinism) without meeting the spiritual need of either his spirit or his soul, then out of frustration went to Islam from there, and also other spiritual junk...

John has managed to find yet another potential convert. Poor guy seems to be completely lost, vulnerable and open to every cult he stumbles upon. Does John ever try to not prey on mentally fragile people ?

This is the first time I see the Augustinian theology of salvation described as "heady". Sounds fun. Also, Reformed and Catholic teachings are identical.

Note also that Islam apparently is "spiritual junk". Nice, John. I suggest you try that stance in other African countries ! Zambians are too nice for their own good for putting up with you.

• Upvote 6

On 5/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, ignorantobserver said:

I wonder about Esther. I don't really believe she deserves our compassion : she has siblings who left the cult, she does have alternatives and I refuse to believe that she allowed herself to be dragged to Africa against her wishes. John is so obviously and stunningly dysfunctional that I have trouble imagining him managing his own life, not to mention his children, his money, his career of something as complex as missionary work. We are talking about someone who managed to fly to a foreign continent without insurance, visas or a place to live for his small children ! Actually, his issues suggest that Esther is the driving force behind this mission-project, even if she is publicly very demure and doesn't have a social media presence. I am absolutely convinced that she could have ended this before they even were on deputation, without ever disagreeing with her husband, just by working a little less hard, by "forgetting" to do the paperwork, feeling unwell, suffering nightmares about her unborn child... or even by just letting him do his thing himself, then watch him fail and lose interest. Their mission in Africa has been on the verge of failing several times already, she could have easily engineered a situation where they would have been "forced" to return home. He is so childish and dependant that he wouldn't get anything done without her enabling him. She probably has a lot more power than she lets on.

Excellent analysis. 

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:59 PM, Giraffe said:

I would think this, too, and yet as arrogant as he is it wouldn’t surprise me if he truly hasn’t bothered to learn a damn thing other than a few nouns here and there.

Another thing to remember about John: he's basically lazy.  It takes focus and hard work (as opposed to an obsession with theological purity) to even begin to learn a language, let alone master it. 

And DAMN do I want to know what went down at Tri-County Baptist!  It's always a huge change when the person who founded a church and pastored it for 30-something years moves on, and is replaced by Mr. New Guy.  It could be that some long-term parishioners didn't like Mr. New Guy...

or *ominous music* It reminds me of that thing where the embezzling accountant/bookkeeper never takes a vacation, and then...they become ill or something happens and someone else gets a look at the books. 

But we just need to know! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

John wrote another poem!  Robert Frost, he isn't.  It a tribute to his parents and since his "Quill and Bible" page is public, I think it's okay to put a couple of stanzas here:

They truly had compassion,
For the people in the flock
And even when some left or slandered them,
Their love for them never stopped

I've watched my father keep loving,
Even those who cursed his name
He even kept loving the ones,
Who stood publicly to cause him shame

As per usual with John, it's long and repetitive.  It doesn't always rhyme correctly and it doesn't scan worth crap.  It's 17 stanzas and called "A Tribute To My Parents Being Real".  Somebody left the church and is still bad-mouthing Rick and Jodi -- and probably John as well.  

Yeah.  I am really beginning to wonder what the inside story is.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Why would 'some flock leave and slander' if nothing was wrong John? Congregations don't rise up against their pastor/Vicar/priest etc unless something has gone badly wrong. You are such a lying liar John. 

He is definately in a down mood. He creates all his best doggerel at these times.  

• Upvote 13

Wow, so I just caught up on all the Rick Shrader versus Tri-County Baptist Church drama. For some reason, I really think it is bigger than the amount of money that Rick was sending to support John over in Zambia. Yes, the money could have played a BIG role in this. But, I really believe Rick Shrader is being accused of something outside of this because of how John is wording it. It sounds like the accusation is something more heinous than money being sent to John in Zambia.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Wow, so I just caught up on all the Rick Shrader versus Tri-County Baptist Church drama. For some reason, I really think it is bigger than the amount of money that Rick was sending to support John over in Zambia. Yes, the money could have played a BIG role in this. But, I really believe Rick Shrader is being accused of something outside of this because of how John is wording it. It sounds like the accusation is something more heinous than money being sent to John in Zambia.

Unless he diverted money from some real expense and sent it to John instead...  But, I think you're right.  If Rick is apologizing to people, he's got to be saying someone took something the wrong way or maybe that someone misunderstood his intentions.  John and Rick keep lumping Jodi in with it though.  That makes it seem less likely to be a sex scandal -- unless Jodi stood by John and slandered the victim.

It's a real can of worms.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 5/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, ignorantobserver said:

Good analysis of Esther. I really don't feel for Esther and John as much as I do for the kids. Esther has had to deal with a dysfunctional John for the past twenty years. I can't help but wonder how she really felt about being practically freaking homeless depending on people to feed her family because he deadbeat husband can't hold a job. I don't understand how the Kellers and Shraders were okay with Esther and John living like they were before taking off to Zambia. It looks like John made all these screwed up decisions that drove his family into extreme poverty while Esther just smiled along. She is complicit in allowing John to drag her and their ever growing family down like this.

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

Unless he diverted money from some real expense and sent it to John instead...  But, I think you're right.  If Rick is apologizing to people, he's got to be saying someone took something the wrong way or maybe that someone misunderstood his intentions.  John and Rick keep lumping Jodi in with it though.  That makes it seem less likely to be a sex scandal -- unless Jodi stood by John and slandered the victim.

It's a real can of worms.

I'm really thinking that there is something more going on than money. For some total messed up reason, I don't see the entire congregation lashing out at him unless there was some form of sex scandal involved. All I can think of is Rick was aware of the sexual abuse of a minor and covered it up. I know that is a far reach, but I remember a few years ago someone popped up on FJ revealing that they were a victim of sexual assault or abuse by John only to have his father help cover it up or something like that. All I can think of right now is something similar happened and Rick got caught covering up a crime and there is a police investigation and/or civil lawsuit involved.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Really stupid dumb question here, but is Rick Shrader still like associated with Tri-County Baptist or not? I'm just asking because I just went to their website, not Facebook page, and found photos of him and they list him as the pastor. Just wondering.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It looks like John made all these screwed up decisions that drove his family into extreme poverty while Esther just smiled along. She is complicit in allowing John to drag her and their ever growing family down like this.

I agree with her being complicit, I would guess that Esther believes in the mission project as much as her husband does. But I disagree on the poverty. The Shraders' past economic struggles wouldn't have been lessened much by a hard-working and stable husband as they are intrinsic to the Quiverfull lifestyle. When they decided to go to Zambia, they already had too many children to feed on one mediocre income. While Esther had to endure poverty and insecurity while on deputation, and her situation in Africa is still somewhat precarious, she also gets something out of it, both financially and ideologically : aren't she and her sister Priscilla the only Keller daughters who have a "good marriage" by fundie standards ? John is poor, but missionaries enjoy a certain social standing (I remember reading a comment from a person familiar with the subculture on this board who explained that missionaries are basically the "rock stars" of these circles). In Texas, she gets to be the saint-like missionary wife who sacrifices so much for the poor lost souls abroad. In Zambia, she is the comparatively well-off white lady with a nice home and beautiful children, and her husband does seem to enjoy a certain respect as a religious leader. She gets to live the ultimate colonial fantasy ! And as long as John rakes in enough money to ensure their lifestyle, nobody gets sick, the locals don't turn on them, there is no major political upheaval in the region etc., they are better off than before his crazy ideas. As of today, I think she can reasonably convince herself that God is providing for them because she and her husband are such great Christians. They miraculously got visas and working permits, they haven't been kicked out off the country, none of her children got malaria... To us, their situation looks like a disaster waiting to happen, but to them, every day the disaster has not yet occurred is proof that they are on the right path.

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Really stupid dumb question here, but is Rick Shrader still like associated with Tri-County Baptist or not? I'm just asking because I just went to their website, not Facebook page, and found photos of him and they list him as the pastor. Just wondering.

The situation is unclear. But if I understood it correctly, the other pastor (Stephen Rogers), relatively new to the church (I think they know him since last year ?), got scrapped from the website, attacked on social media by Rick and John and presumably fired. Rick is still pastor of Tri-County Baptist as of today.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, ignorantobserver said:

The situation is unclear. But if I understood it correctly, the other pastor (Stephen Rogers), relatively new to the church (I think they know him since last year ?), got scrapped from the website, attacked on social media by Rick and John and presumably fired. Rick is still pastor of Tri-County Baptist as of today.

Okay thanks, I was just a little confused after I saw the website. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic