IGNORED

John Shrader 19: FLYING VERMIN SCUM!

HerNameIsBuffy

On 5/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

Adultery has slain its thousands but bitterness its tens of thousands. Beware brethren and root it out often and quickly. Selah

On 5/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

When you and your family are being personally attacked the Lord sends a good word from a far country...

After reading this I think Rick and the new pastor were up to some financial shenanigans and got called out by a church member. The new pastor seems to be calling someone bitter and that seems to be the fundie/evangelical go-to when someone won't sit quiet when church leaders behave badly. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, ignorantobserver said:

I wonder what his disagreement with the previous teacher was about.

Hard to say.  John has a long and consistent history of alienating just about anyone who has had any direct dealings with him. 

I'm going all harsh here, but let's face it: John's a stone cold a**hole and a nasty piece of work hiding behind his precious missionary persona and his father has enabled him all these years.   

His insane adherence to theological purity rigidity is one manifestation of that, as is his inability to truly connect with the people he's lived among for 8 years* and his failures as a pastor stateside, including his father's own church -- the one he grew up in. 

*If there's one thing to remember it's this:  While he's perfected the art of scamming his donor base and improving his own living conditions, he's committed to NOT improving the physical lives of his converts, because (I'm dying from the irony here) he doesn't want to "create dependency." 

I truly hope he's a halfway decent (not abusive) father, but who knows. 

It'll be interesting to see if Son #1 wants to be a missionary. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, gustava said:

Given that the family is around native speakers all the time, how could they NOT have picked up enough of any one of the local languages to get by?

I'm 99% sure that Esther and the kids probably have picked up enough for day-to-day things. John? Nope. Twitler doesn't wear masks, John doesn't learn the language. He is talking about permanent residency? He has possibly 'only just discovered' that he is required to learn a local language. (I'm just guessing, betting it's true though) He is a twit. He is also winding us up over CAPITAL/ CAPITOL. He thinks it's funny. Such a dumb bear. 

:562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave: Hi Johnboy. 

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, gustava said:

Given that the family is around native speakers all the time, how could they NOT have picked up enough of any one of the local languages to get by?

I would think this, too, and yet as arrogant as he is it wouldn’t surprise me if he truly hasn’t bothered to learn a damn thing other than a few nouns here and there. I’d be surprised if a few of the kids still aren’t conversant, though. If even the kids can’t speak other language(s) around there, Shrader’s an even more pathetic missionary than he already seems. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

After reading this I think Rick and the new pastor were up to some financial shenanigans and got called out by a church member. The new pastor seems to be calling someone bitter and that seems to be the fundie/evangelical go-to when someone won't sit quiet when church leaders behave badly. 

Dammit, I need details of what's going on! 

Although I have to admit the apologising to his wife and John's brothers makes me lean towards sexual impropriety, together with funnelling money to John and/Or himself.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

The church's website and Facebook page are back up and the new pastor is nowhere to be found.  I'm sticking with financial irregularities discovered by the new pastor and I'll bet it had to do with John's new truck.  The new(now gone) pastor is advertising on his FB page, looking for a 4 bedroom home for 3-6 months.  He must have been kicked out of church housing.  

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, Carol said:

The new(now gone) pastor is advertising on his FB page, looking for a 4 bedroom home for 3-6 months.  He must have been kicked out of church housing.  

Would that even be legal ? Can he just be fired and kicked out of his house like that ? The structure of the Independent Baptist Churches seems to imply that there is no oversight from church authorities, but aren't there laws to prevent this kind of abuse ? I hope he takes legal action ! That would be fun.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Carol said:

The church's website and Facebook page are back up and the new pastor is nowhere to be found.  I'm sticking with financial irregularities discovered by the new pastor and I'll bet it had to do with John's new truck.  The new(now gone) pastor is advertising on his FB page, looking for a 4 bedroom home for 3-6 months.  He must have been kicked out of church housing.  

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what happened! Rick and the pastor must be in it and it is bad enough that the pastor is kicked out and someone has been going to church members and complaining about Rick. I do think it is something financial, but it will be interesting to see if Rick takes back over the church or if they run him off. To suddenly kick a pastor with children out of his house is pretty harsh, even by IFB standards, so whatever happened pissed off a hell of a lot of people and was bad.

John throwing out that his dad apologized to his mom and brothers could just be Rick trying to look repentant to get back power in the church. He didn't admit to full sin, but a smidgen of being sinful. So I bet Rick tried to dump all the blame on the pastor. 

I really need this pastor or the irate church member to show up here and share. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

He didn't admit to full sin, but a smidgen of being sinful. So I bet Rick tried to dump all the blame on the pastor. 

I thought "part sins" might be a typo for "past sins". Like he's trying to cover all bases to get people off his back.

Edited by helenprev
Removed an unnecessary 's' - he's only got one back!
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

really need this pastor or the irate church member to show up here and share. 

Joining with you in prayer to Rufus for this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On the FB page Rick is holding the Wednesday night service and says he is open to talking to people about what happened. He says they are going through a challenging time. He claims it is the devil fighting the church. He makes a really weird announcement about how there was a couple who had been a member of Tri-County baptist for years, they moved away joined another church, but then they got sick and could no longer attend church but they kept sending tithes. The church dropped their membership for not attending(I think), and now they have rejoined Tri-County and are sending money. 

Rick doesn't preach, but he is clearly still running the church. I still think it is financial since he made a big deal about having to clear up the story of why the couple from out of town is sending money. It seems, much like John, nothing sticks to Rick. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Daddy Rick the "master manipulator" sounds a real shyster.

I too think the books have been cooked in John's favour for years and that financial irregularities have been exposed  at a time of straightened circumstances for many and all the money sent to Zambia questioned. Why else would John stress the worldwide extent of the churches that contribute to his ministry 

""We now have a supporting Baptist church in Siberia, another one in Singapore, another one in a British Oceanic Territory, and around half a dozen Hispanic Baptist churches that graciously partner with us to represent them, and we have received regular support even from Canada!""

It's the "even from Canada" that nails it for me !!!!!   

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I too think the books have been cooked in John's favour for years and that financial irregularities have been exposed 

Yep. Why else would Rick for the second time(he says he is explaining again since people don't understand), go into a long convoluted story justifying why the church records show they are taking money from an elderly couple who doesn't live in the area and had joined another church? I bet the person who is calling Rick out is an accountant who saw the church books and realized something was very, very wrong. 

I wonder if Rick worried this was going to happen so that is why he brought in a new pastor who on paper was running the church and who would bear the brunt of the blame.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Whatever happened, it looks like Rick Shrader won and Pastor Rogers is out.  What a pity. 

I hope Rogers gives his side of the story and fights back.   I'm assuming he (and possibly others) accused the Rickster of financial wrongdoing and possibly adultery to boot.  

From the brand new church website (my bolding).  

Our Church

Tri-County Baptist Church was started in 1979. The church was planted by and continues to be led by Pastor Rick Shrader.

So there.

They have also wiped all traces of Pastor Steve Rogers and his sermons from the Tri-county youtube channel as though he never existed.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDy9M6sGNxzujQGASumGXDQ/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

But they couldn't destroy this little piece of evidence naming him as pastor.  https://www.kjvchurches.com/churches/united-states/texas/katy/tri-county-baptist-church-3/ 

As John was full of praise for God's Providential Provision of a Pure Pastor in Rogers last June, I want to know what happened!  I am positively dying of curiosity.

BTW, the distilled water John is so pleased at being able to buy cheaply is for the colloidal silver machines.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

So, I'm a little confused by some people's posts, referring to a pastor and a new pastor , so I just want to clarify: It's just Rogers that's been the pastor since Rick stepped back, right? 

I don't understand why they don't have John come back and be the bloody pastor. Seems like the perfect situation for him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

So, I'm a little confused by some people's posts, referring to a pastor and a new pastor , so I just want to clarify: It's just Rogers that's been the pastor since Rick stepped back, right? 

Yep.  Rick was the founder of Tri-County Baptist and the main pastor until July, 2019 when they officially installed the "new pastor" Rogers.  That was when Rick semi-retired with that huge 40th anniversary shindig and became an associate pastor or pastor emeritus (I forget what they called his new position).  

Now Rogers has been wiped from the record, website, and youtube channel.  The youtube channel used to have a weekly sermon by Steve Rogers,  All gone.

And on Tri-county's new website Rick is identified as the sole pastor.

I don't understand why they don't have John come back and be the bloody pastor. Seems like the perfect situation for him. 

But, but, but ... John is NEEDED in Africa!  He was CALLED!  God WANTS him there!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I bet Daddy Shrader knows that people would be less willing to tolerate John if they saw him on a weekly basis. John was given a job as a pastor at Tri-County but didn't last long. I suspect Rick is well aware that John is insufferable and needy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

On 5/24/2020 at 3:48 AM, anjulibai said:

Well it'd certainly kill the church pretty quickly. I did think the new pastor would shake things up for John, but I thought it would be more gradual.

Then again the new truck may well have been a trigger, coupled with the pandemic. Add me to the crowd hoping someone shows up and spouts off publically!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Well, the LORD has laid it on my heart to wade through John's drivel about the Tri-County Baptist church shenanigans again.  And I hope John is still browsing here because perhaps he'd like to answer some questions and clarify some shit.

For future reference, John, spilling the tea with vague hints and veiled accusations may spare you from a libel suit.  It does not reflect well on you, however, and you raise many questions about Rick's wrongdoing while attempting to "defile and slander" Pastor Rogers yourself.  The sensible way to have handled all of this would be a simple announcement along the lines of:  "Sadly, Pastor Rogers was not a good match for TCB.  Daddy has resumed the position of pastor and we ask for your prayers for the church and my sainted parental units."

But nooo.  John has to attack and deflect blame and gets himself into trouble.

Given the way John has spent money like water over the last 6 years I'm betting that some of this is about financial wrongdoing by Rick.  It is way past time for some transparency in accounting by both John and Rick.

But I am also going to point out that there could be much worse going on.  Matthew 18 has been used for years by these churches to cover-up sexual abuse and protect predators.  Church members are sworn to silence and told that it is a sin to contact secular authorities.  And we have had a member here claiming that she was sexually abused by Shrader and Rick covered it up.

Diving into the drivel to see if I can find any clues. BTW, Johnny, thanks for combining those two posts.  It made it so much easier to pick out the few relevant points from the excessive and repetitive verbiage where you lick Daddy's sorry butt.  It made me nauseous.

Serious Prayer Request for my Faithful parents and our Beloved Sending Church in Texas (dad finally said I could share it)

Sadly, someone deleted much of our Sending Church's Facebook page content yesterday,

Satan at work.  Again.  Or more likely Rick trying to scrub all evidence of Pastor Rogers.

My father has been falsely accused of things completely against his long standing and well known character over the last 41 years of pastoring our Sending Church. He is resting and trusting in the Lord, as he has been over the past year.

It quite literally blows my mind that anyone would even entertain such accusations, but that is the sad and terrible nature of defilement.

I ask you to pray for him, my dad and pastor, Rick Shrader, my dear motherJodi Shrader, and our Sending Church, Tri-County Baptist Church.

Well, elsewhere John has claimed that Rick has had several blips (sorry "Satanic attacks" ) in his pastoring career.  So this is just the latest one.  And it happened when a new pastor got to take a look at the church, the books, and got to know the congregation.  Very fishy, that. It sounds like a lot more than a personality clash.

When I was falsely accused of preaching a false gospel over five years ago, and we lost about 20% of our Missions Support,

Thanks for the reminder that John refused Matthew 18 church discipline for himself.  This was when John was dumped by his original Sending Church and David Rea.  And this is the guy who is spouting off about Matthew 18 now.  Johnny have you attempted to "Biblically reconcile" with Rea and Grace Baptist in WA?  No, I thought not, you hypocrite.

We could never quite get to the bottom of that rumpus but they apparently accused him of preaching salvation by works and Prosperity Gospel. 

the Lord stepped in and vindicated us by bringing back everything we lost and more.

Yeah, that sounds like Prosperity Gospel to me.  Sit on it, Johnny.  They were right.

But I digress.  Scrolling on past John's boasting about all his supporting churches ...

I know that the false accusations and innuendos against my father, one of the most gracious, humble, genuine, Servants of the Lord I've ever seen, will be equally vindicated by our Heavenly Father, who has been my dad's Abba for over 50 years.

My dad has been mocked and mistreated and misrepresented mercilessly, but has borne it quietly and without retaliation.

Seriously! We are expected to believe his innocence Just. Like. That. The accusations are false and that there has been no retaliation.  And he contradicts the latter in the very next paragraph, Rick invoked Matthew 18 against the new pastor.  

When he tried to biblically reconcile with the man doing this, starting by going to him alone, then attempting to go with two witnesses when the man would not "hear" him,

If Pastor Rogers genuinely believes that he is in the right and there was wrongdoing by Rick, why should he listen to Rick's excuses?  Or listen to Rick, supported by a couple of his true believers (possibly open carrying), telling Rogers he's got it all wrong?

the man refused to follow Christ's Commands, but instead my dad has been slandered and lied about, like I've seen happen to him at least twice before in his ministry, but not to this extent.

Perhaps Pastor Rogers has solid documentary evidence and credible witnesses this time.

I ask our true friends to interceed with us at this time.

The word is intercede, Johnny.

End of part one.  Now the clarification after he got told off by an anonymous pastor..

1) It was rightly pointed out that my father's years of faithfulness and godly character are not indicative of innocence. That is true.

No kidding.  

My father has been accused of being a liar, deceiver, master manipulator, and more.

We have observed John lying, deceiving, manipulating people (and facts) and more for years.  I would not be at all surprised if he learned all that at Daddy's knee.

What's amazing is that about a year and a half ago, the same individual was praising my father's faith, love, giving heart, sweet spirit, and saying they wanted to both help him and mom and the church and learn from him. These statements were actually made to me in writing

John's not going to name the individual but he is going to make sure we all know it was Rogers.  And it seems Pastor Rogers changed his mind about Rick when he got to know him better.

2) This was not just an interpersonal issue. It affected our entire Sending Church. Dad tried to resolve it personally, but the man was unwilling. Dad then, following the Commands of Christ in Matt. 18, requested a meeting with two witnesses present, also church members. Not with a desire to discipline him ultimately, but with a desire to bring accountability and help him, as he was hurting others, not just my parents. At this point, the man withdrew his and his family's membership from the church, and made no effort to resolve, or reconcile, which has always been, and is truly my father's heart.

He chose to get the hell out of Dodge.  I hope he does not consider himself bound by Mathew 18 and involves secular authorities if he has uncovered criminal behavior.  

3) This individual is now, even though having left the church on Mother's Day in an unscriptural way, and is not a member of any local church in the area currently, going to individuals and families in the church.

He'd do better to contact the police.  Or DA.

This is so far removed from what Christ taught, commanded, and gave further instructions through the pens of the apostles.

Look for the log in your own eye, Johnny.

My father truly loves this man, and his family. When these problems started, my father responded in a wonderful and Spiritual way. The issue is not just recent, but during these past months my father has allowed the burden of the situation to drive him to his knees.

Perhaps the wrongdoing goes back for years.  Pastor Rogers only arrived in Katy last June or July.  Skipping a lot of bull about the Rickster's prayers...

He has been apologizing to my mother for part failures, my brothers, seeking to get right with everyone possible...it's been wonderful to watch.

Sounds like he has a very guilty conscience.

I do ask you to pray for my mother and father and our Sending Church. I am NOT asking you to "pray against" this man, for He truly needs prayer. His children need prayer even more.

That is what he was asking in his original post.

I DO ask that you pray for all involved, including this man and his family, but he is choosing to defile and seek to divide and destroy one of the Lord's churches from without, that he was a member and involved in leadership less than 10 days ago. I cannot imagine the fruit this will reap in his own family eventually.

Or he is choosing to shed the light on some very dark things in Tri-County Baptist church.

When a professing believer refuses to even attempt to reconcile according to the Word of God, then say what you will, that person does not fear the Lord nor tremble at His Word. No matter how good they talk. Actions speak much louder than words. Every time. Walking away unresolved is not what Christ taught. It's Rebellion against the Commands of Christ.

Satan's way is to rip, ridicule, and refuse.*

John, reconcile with Rea and Grace Baptist Church in WA before you preach this Matthew 18 crap.

And again, if Pastor Rogers has uncovered malfeasance or criminal behavior of any kind he should not reconcile with the perpetrators.

Thank you for this opportunity to seek to clarify. I apologize for the lack thereof in the last post. This situation also impacts our family greatly, and I have also been accused of things as well, but that's not important.

That doesn't surprise me.  At all. Perhaps it is lucky for you that you are in Africa if any criminal charges are filed.  

But we've all seen these church scandals before.  Perhaps this one will go nowhere.

Edited by Palimpsest
fixed quotes
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 9

On 5/23/2020 at 2:37 PM, formergothardite said:

I suspect Rick is well aware that John is insufferable and needy

Boom! John in a nutshell! 

This situation also impacts our family greatly, and I have also been accused of things as well, but that's not important.

Oh, but it is important.  In important because it  seemingly ties you to whatever sh*t storm is currently blowing up at Tri County Baptist. 

Sheesh, Baptists and their schisms. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13

I am stuck on John witnessing for four and five hours to people. Can you imagine sitting there listening to that? 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I am stuck on John witnessing for four and five hours to people. Can you imagine sitting there listening to that? 

Going through that would be all the proof I needed that I'd died and was actually in hell. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

Rick was talking yesterday again about the situation.  He has someone else give the regular message but then he comes back at the end and prays.  I agree with everyone who think this is about money.   He prays at the end that people will listen to the holy spirit prompting people to give -- to the needy and to the missionaries.  .  On the comments portion, 19 are from John.  He's heavily invested in his dad getting things straightened out.

There is a portion early on where Rick eventually starts talking about people giving money to the church and how tithing is giving back money to God.  And he talks about how hard the current situation is  He talks about how God hates pride and that everyone needs humbling -- which he pronounces as "umbling".  He also gets in his digs.  He says he's been portrayed by "a family" as an "attacker and a bushwhacker and the trap setter." Rick says that God is telling him to face something that "was in the past and that is in the future." He says that God wants him to be the one "to try" but he's being talked about as "the bad guy."  He seems a bit befuddled and forgets which passage he's looking for in the Bible.  He talks about Paul's church being a "carnal church" and they divided up into factions.  Paul weeps over his divided church.  Yes, Rick thinks he's Paul.  

"How does a brother or a sister who has loved us for many, many years turn around and say wicked, wicked Jodi, wicked Rick.  It's called defilement."  He says that you need to change your attitude or you will think the worst things ever.  "It's a contamination of the soul and other people ... here's how it works ...you go home, you got someone who doesn't even know about nothing and you start spreading it there and they go, 'Wow.  If that's church, I don't want it,'  And they go to Hell.  And they don't even know the situation.  Many will be defiled."  There you have it.  If you people don't stop talking smack about old Rick and Jodi, you will be responsible for people going to Hell.  How's that for passing the buck?

Rick says he won't talk any more about this.  I guess he's hoping it will fade away.  If it's someone that has known them for "many, many years", then it isn't the pastor they just fired.  It must be older church members.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 9

John has always appeared to be very passive-aggressive to me. 'Poor bullied' Daddy Rick is also. Said it before and I'll say it again, Johnny Apple hasn't fallen far from the Rick tree. He just landed with a thud at the very bottom. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, Xan said:

On the comments portion, 19 are from John.  He's heavily invested in his dad getting things straightened out.

Well yeah. John may claim to have supporting churches in Singapore and Canada, but there is not a lot of thanking of them which makes me wonder how much they actually get (if anything) from them. John's income is pretty much all out of Katy.

22 hours ago, Xan said:

If it's someone that has known them for "many, many years", then it isn't the pastor they just fired.  It must be older church members.  

Who have probably been sick of supporting Rick's wastrel son for a while and were hoping for change with the new pastor. Or who could tolerate supporting John to x amount and have just found out that it is in fact 5x.

Edited by Ozlsn
Rick is his name, not Rock.
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic