IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Anyone else catch Jinger's story with pics of Felicity wearing a shirt that reads "aliens rock"?

I didn't notice the shirt, I was just gobsmacked that Jinger put a video/photo out of her precious baby girl where she wasn't looking the picture perfect toddler.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

And in a lot of cases it also doesn't help a person's "less than" education/degree compared to a degree from a regionally accredited college. (Not that all accredited degree-holders are competent and prepared for their specific field of work; I've seen my fair share who fall into the still-not-ready group.)

Sorry- I meant that if you still wished  to acquire an accredited degree after finding out that your work wasn't accredited, some regionally accredited colleges will let you count some percentage of your unaccredited work for credit or allow you to CLEP out of some subjects. 

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

And in a lot of cases it also doesn't help a person's "less than" education/degree compared to a degree from a regionally accredited college. (Not that all accredited degree-holders are competent and prepared for their specific field of work; I've seen my fair share who fall into the still-not-ready group.)

@Bobology I haven't seen you around?! Have we just been posting in different threads? Either way, good to see you! I missed you! 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Anyone else catch Jinger's story with pics of Felicity wearing a shirt that reads "aliens rock"?

not illegal aliens though lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Jinger has a Valentine’s Day playlist on Spotify?????? Seems pretty rich for someone who just a few years ago was not allowed to listen to even Contemporary Christian music. It’s fine if she’s suddenly more into it now that she’s not under JB’s headship, but I feel like a little explanation is necessary before acting like she has enough pop music appreciation and savvy to warrant curating a playlist. 

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Jinger has a Valentine’s Day playlist on Spotify?????? Seems pretty rich for someone who just a few years ago was not allowed to listen to even Contemporary Christian music. It’s fine if she’s suddenly more into it now that she’s not under JB’s headship, but I feel like a little explanation is necessary before acting like she has enough pop music appreciation and savvy to warrant curating a playlist. 

Has anyone seen it? is it mainstream or christian rock?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I'll snark on her for a lot, but I don't think you need any savvy to make a playlist.  She clearly listens to music now and a playlist is just stuff she likes, in this in a theme.

I'm not young and have been listening to mainstream music my entire life and my playlist is just as jumbled and silly as anyone else's.

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Has anyone seen it? is it mainstream or christian rock?

Lot of mainstream stuff I recognized.  She was listening to Kanye on a place not long ago...her musical horizons are expanding at least.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-fans-declare-jinger-the-duggar-with-the-best-taste-in-music-after-she-shares-her-valentines-day-playlist.html/

The list:

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Listening to music will be put in the same category as skinny jeans and a single pregnancy (known) in multiple years of marriage. Jesus is leading, and in her heart she believes that music is enriching and glorifies Him, and of course Jeremy agrees. Pretty much anything that these folks feel like doing or not doing (working beyond reality TV) can be justified with Jesus speak. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

It is just jarring with zero commentary to go from only hymnal harp music to a playlist including Pearl Jam and Coldplay. I’m not saying this means anything about an alteration in her beliefs, or that it’s even something necessarily positive, but it’s a massive leap from her TTH days. I remember an episode when they seemed potentially disapproving of the Bateses bc bluegrass music on the fiddle had a beat. I wonder what Ma and Pa Duggar think about Jinger’s new musical tastes, or if they even know. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Jeremy is doing one of his male model poses while informing us they are heading east to visit family.

His family or are they having to do a turn in the Duggar carnival to get their pay cheque? It must really jar them as the ‘breakout stars’ they still have to mix with the bumpkins for cash- isn’t being gorgeous and well groomed enough TLC???

on another note I’m really surprised Felicity hasn’t got her own Instagram yet- there’s money to be made, but maybe Jeremy thinks it would deflect attention from him.

• Upvote 11

10 minutes ago, jozina said:

Ben Folds Five is a curious choice when one of their best known songs is about an abortion (Brick).

I read* his autobiography, "A Dream About Lightning Bugs," where he goes into all the details.  His ex-girlfriend thought he was profiting from her painful experience by releasing that song. 

*Actually listened to the audiobook, read by Ben Folds himself (with a few sound effects).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I still have a problem with Jinger continuing to profit off of being on a show about a large family of people with strict fundamental beliefs that has stressed for years about the evils of things like “wrong music” and not coming outright and addressing her departure from those beliefs. Instead she’s trying to profit with one foot in and one foot out. Why does she get to behave this way and meanwhile Jill is so ostracized she can’t go to her family’s house unless her father is present to supervise? 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

10 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I still have a problem with Jinger continuing to profit off of being on a show about a large family of people with strict fundamental beliefs that has stressed for years about the evils of things like “wrong music” and not coming outright and addressing her departure from those beliefs. Instead she’s trying to profit with one foot in and one foot out. Why does she get to behave this way and meanwhile Jill is so ostracized she can’t go to her family’s house unless her father is present to supervise? 

Because Jinger's husband isn't publicly talking about the book he's writing and law suits he's considered.  Derek also videoed Michelle not keeping sweet.  Jill is married to a threat to their brand, which is why she's got supervised visits, as it were, to the TTH.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Well they had a half hearted attempt with the skirts thing.

in some ways the Duggars are trying to dial back their extreme views - skirts- no big deal, always a choice; TV- oh we watched TV just didn’t have cable ( as per Joy)- it could be they were always lying ( always a sound option for them) or they are trying to lessen the impact of their daughters moving away from their views ( no sign of the sons doing so yet).

Jinger has embraced outright materialism- none of her endorsements appear vaguely pertaining to faith and she never shows any activity that is faith based or charitable as you might expect a pastor in training wife to do other than the occasional plug for Jeremy’s mum’s charity. Those things simply don’t pay as well and they have expensive tastes. I agree she doesn’t get called out in it - all her leg humpers say how proud they are of her- why exactly? Some people are questioning Jeremy’s frequent travels - but there’s plenty who defend them.

Oh and I see from her instastory that Jinger is following the Duggar tradition in believing people are interested in her visits to the dentist!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

@Idlewild my dislike of Jinger is immense. She’s everything you described. I still haven’t forgiven her for those pay for pray videos. I’m all for people stepping away and becoming their own person, but when that person continues to collect a check for the big old cult advertisement that is Duggar TV while also trying to make money off of me any other mainstream way she can too, that’s disgusting to me. 

I’m sure a lot of it was emphasised or faked for television, but I tend to believe that JB and Michelle were sincere about a lot of their intense fundamentalist beliefs which is why they were ever on television in the first place - because TLC loved that they were so weird. 

And I understand that JB and Derick appear to have bad blood worthy of a Taylor Swift song, and I don’t know what Jeremy and Jinger’s relationship is actually with the family, and it matters somewhat less because they’re far away and can’t just pop over without ceremony anyway, but either way it’s rather cloying to watch what’s happened to JILL (not Derick), easily considered JB’s golden baby, vs Jinger. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

16 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I’m all for people stepping away and becoming their own person, but when that person continues to collect a check for the big old cult advertisement that is Duggar TV while also trying to make money off of me any other mainstream way she can too, that’s disgusting to me. 

I agree.  That's why I was very happy when she publicly lost her sponsorship from Fonuts due to complaints about her hateful beliefs.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I'm honestly a bit surprised that she's ventured out to ~*~evil rock music~*~ with Pearl Jam.  I wonder if she's listened to "Jeremy". 

Edited by potato
Rogue punctuation
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Because Jill’s husband attempted to Jim Bob, JIm Bob, while Jeremy plays nice in JB’s sandbox. 
Also, I’m not sure that Jinger could actually articulate her beliefs and how and why they have evolved since her union with JV. 

The Voulos are as fake as plastic. Jinger learned from the best.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, potato said:

I'm honestly a bit surprised that she's ventured out to ~*~evil rock music~*~ with Pearl Jam.  I wonder if she's listened to "Jeremy". 

I have conservative Christian cousins (can’t even call them fundie lite) who won’t even listen to pop or “rock” music. Definitely not rap or hip hop. I’m just still in shock that jinger has made this leap publicly with zero acknowledgement or explanation. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

When Pearl Jam first came out Eddie Veder performed in with pro-choice written on his arms. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked by Jinger listening to Carrie Underwood. She's a Christian who sings country not rock or hip hop. Pearl Jam? Yeah I'm shocked. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Some interesting choices there, but I wonder whether she's really aware of the body of work of some of these artists. Does she about about Ben Folds' "Brick" (or a bunch of his other songs) or any of Pearl Jam's other music? Or about Regina Spektor's staunchly liberal and feminist views?

It strikes me as just a bunch of stuff she likes, and that she doesn't know much about these artists. I would be much more shocked if she knew any other Pearl Jam song besides that one - it's the one song I understand someone like her knowing.

But it's certainly a long way from thinking anything with a backbeat is evil. ?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic