IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Was MTV still around when Jeremy was a teen? If so, you know he’d have been partaking.

I think so.  My youngest is about to turn 29 and she watched MTV some when she was little.  She had older sisters though.  I sometimes think us babies of the family are blessed by having been exposed to all the stuff our older sibs listened to and watched.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Was MTV still around when Jeremy was a teen? If so, you know he’d have been partaking.

MTV was around when I was a teen and I'm 50.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

MTV was still airing mostly music videos when Jeremy was in his early teens, but no telling if he was rebellious enough to watch as a 13 year old. He would have be 20ish when Total Request Live went off the air - that was the last gasp of Music TV before going all in as a realty TV channel. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

MTV was launched in the early 80's (81- just checked). The first video played was "Video Killed the Radio Star". My local cable company only carried VH1, but we didn't have cable. I remember going to Latin conventions in my state's capital city and watching MTV in the late 80's.

• Upvote 1

I'm fairly late to this discussion, but for anyone who might be interested, the University of Alaska system offers free classes (for credit) to in-state seniors.  This might be cut soon to deal with their massive loss of funding, but it's still true as of this school year.  

I know this because my 75 year old mother who never went to college is now going for her BA.  I love that I can advise her about things that took me years to figure out, like that you can take your work to your professors during their office hours to get detailed feedback on it, or if you don't understand something they said in class you should go ask them about it.  

It's true that to go for free you have to wait until the first day of classes to register, so places do go to paying students first. But I think that's fair, since the younger students will need their degrees a lot more than people like my mother, who are more or less going for the experience. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

MTV was around when I was a teen and I'm 50.

It started when I was in high school and I'm 54. 

8 hours ago, mpheels said:

MTV was still airing mostly music videos when Jeremy was in his early teens, but no telling if he was rebellious enough to watch as a 13 year old. He would have be 20ish when Total Request Live went off the air - that was the last gasp of Music TV before going all in as a realty TV channel. 

I missed the videos when they stopped playing them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

MTV went on the air when I was a senior in high school...1981. I lived for Billy Squier's video "The Stroke"...the guy was umm...well endowed. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

MTV went on the air when I was a senior in high school...1981. I lived for Billy Squier's video "The Stroke"...the guy was umm...well endowed. 

Love that song.

Here's a gift for you:  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Jinger got a new haircut. Is it just me or is she starting to look more and more like a Bates? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Jinger got a new haircut. Is it just me or is she starting to look more and more like a Bates? 

I thought that too- I think it’s quite heavily filtered. The ‘ministry’ seems to be losing out to being just a conservative influencer. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

<BEC>I think she's just morphing into an increasingly generic instagrammer. She looks middle aged IMO </BEC

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 2/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, feministxtian said:

There was one  moment where he stuck his pelvis forward and the camera caught it from the side. Uh.... yes. He was super popular in HS, then he did that one video with him dancing around wearing pink, Rock Me Tonight. And possibility of metalness died. 

10 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think it look great. First Jill, now Jinger..... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

There was one  moment where he stuck his pelvis forward and the camera caught it from the side. Uh.... yes. He was super popular in HS, then he did that one video with him dancing around wearing pink, Rock Me Tonight. And possibility of metalness died. 

Yeah, I remember that too...I can't repeat what my guy friends said...it's now considered quite ugly. Shortly afterwards I got hooked on Poison, Def Leppard and Journey. Steve Perry was ummm....impressive too. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Yeah, I remember that too...I can't repeat what my guy friends said...it's now considered quite ugly. Shortly afterwards I got hooked on Poison, Def Leppard and Journey. Steve Perry was ummm....impressive too. 

Yes, I remember... It did contrast his earlier videos. I think whoever's idea it was for it just wasn't thinking about the market he was popular with. The song itself was pretty good. 

I never liked Poison much, though I loved Def Leppard. I pretty much got hit by U2 and went Alternative Music crazy. I never noticed that about Steve Perry! I'm going to have to take a look. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think she's beginning to look more and more "run of the mill conservative pastor's wife" 

She has certainly caught on to what her new desired image is. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I like it! And - the long orange jacket and the wide-brim hat in the other picture is totally something I would wear. 

So sad the hat and the hair cover a head full of ugliness.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Jinger shared her talking notes on her latest ad instead of the website ?

Ah her is the jinger thread. I accidentally had it on ignore ??‍♀️
what are talking notes?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ah her is the jinger thread. I accidentally had it on ignore ??‍♀️
what are talking notes?

I should have screenshot it or saved the link. 

she literally shared the notes from the company about what she is to say on the ad 

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if Jinger has ever had an original thought in her entire life? 

Of course she did.  Everyone does.  She was abused and repressed herself out of self defense.  Hopefully someday she’ll find her own voice and be a better role model to her daughter.

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if Jinger has ever had an original thought in her entire life? 

Automatons for Jeebus!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Of course she did.  Everyone does.  She was abused and repressed herself out of self defense.  Hopefully someday she’ll find her own voice and be a better role model to her daughter.

Thank you for this. Good grief, to an extend Jinger is so many of us. She surely is me. And yes, at some stage we had that original thought and we got it beat (physically, emotionally,) out of us. And it took us a long long time to go back to the day where we thought freely and without fear. 

disclaimer: lurker, finally made an account so i could comment one of these fine days and today is the day. :) thanks for indulging me. Also, english is an other language, and i am funny with spelling and such. I am to blame for all typos and all lack of good grammar. 

• Upvote 26
  • Love 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic