IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

@AmericanRose when compared to how they were raised with such strict isolation and limitations, the real world and all the choices that it has to offer must be mind blowing to these folks!

I mean, I liked the show (though something about Tea Leoni bothers me) but it's about a woman! In an important job! Who has education! And it was on air recently!
... or maybe she just saw the title and thought it was about a secretary? :think: But she might watch it and get ideas.

And she's doing push-ups?! What is this world coming to!

ETA: Calling it now, Felicity will not be homeschooled. I don't know how they'll pay for it (does Jeremy's family have money?) but I foresee a private school in her future.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I know some think Jing is pregnant because she had some #healthyfitpregnancy tag in a sponsored post which was then later edited out. I don't really think that indicates one way or the other since most promo posts are pre-written and just pasted. But the other reason people seem to be speculating is because Jinger doesn't have much makeup on and perhaps looks less bright eyed and bushy tailed.

She is either pregnant or not, IDK or care really. But it made me glad again that my default is no makeup (and that I can do that in my career without repercussions). When I wear makeup, people are complimentary. But if your default is heavier makeup, people tend to assume you are tired or sick when you go without. Not a fair assumption, but personally I'm glad people have gotten used to my normal baggy under eyes and skin imperfections so I don't have to deal with that judgment. One more reason why I'd never ever sign up to share my life on tv or try to be an influencer!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 3/24/2020 at 6:51 AM, mpheels said:

The situation in Boston is not as dire as NY. We are a much smaller metro area, and have more hospital capacity per capita. The city/state is running about a week ahead of NY and Seattle in terms on action relative to outbreak size, so it’s possible the outbreak will not completely overwhelm the system here, but it is definitely having an impact. We’re converting our existing ICUs to being COVID-only, and setting up temporary ICUs for non-COVID patients. 

mpheels, is it true that Newton-Wellesley has been converted to caring only for Covid-19 patents? I read on Facebook that it's like a war zone at NW, but there is also a lot of misinformation around. At the same time, our number of confirmed cases went from 2500 this morning to over 3200 tonight.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:41 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I live in fly over country, we have 3.2 million people, and in my little part of the state we just had a School District employee test positive. This person didn't work with students OR at any of our schools, but in the Central district office.  But s/he's in my small town, and been all over the Des Moines metro and our town, living life because, they didn't think it was a big deal, as our worthless Gov. keeps telling us. 

There are now 124 positive cases, last Friday we only had 40, So we've tripled our cases in 3 days, We'll have even more cases this afternoon when more tests come back, and our asshole republican governor said as of this morning a "shelter in place" isn't necessary. No one has died, yet. She's a useless Trump supporting twat. 

I feel for you. Florida here.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

mpheels, is it true that Newton-Wellesley has been converted to caring only for Covid-19 patents? I read on Facebook that it's like a war zone at NW, but there is also a lot of misinformation around. At the same time, our number of confirmed cases went from 2500 this morning to over 3200 tonight.

I haven’t heard anything about Newton-Wellesley converting to a COVID19 hospital. Carney hospital in Dorchester is converting to a COVID19 hospital. I work for one of the bigger hospitals in town, owned by the same company as NW - it’s definitely busier, and the hospital is shuffling services around so they can consolidate all COVID19 patients in one building, but it isn’t overwhelming the system. I have a hard time believing NW is a “war zone,” but there are notable changes. They are covered by the same corporate policies as my hospital, so everyone working in the hospital has do an online health screener before work, and show a daily online certificate when they arrive on site. All employees are funneled through a single entrance and have to show daily symptom screener results then get a mask to wear all day. I can see how extra security plus the addition of tents for extra ER triage space would look and feel dramatic, but the situation in Boston is not dire (and I’m still somewhat hopeful that it will not become dire). We (Massachusetts) seem to have decent testing capacity, plus a population with high medical literacy, which I’m sure helps.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I was "hopeful" when I saw that the number of confirmed cases in Massachusetts increased by 800 each day for at least 2 days in a row, as opposed to increasing exponentially.  It's a very strange thought to have, that increasing at the same rate is so much better than increasing at an exponential rate, but that's math for you...

Then again, I don't have a good handle on whether testing is freely available to those who may need it. The potential lack of available testing may be influencing our numbers.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

On 3/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, patsymae said:

I feel for you. Florida here.

Larry Hogan is my Governor. He as much called trump a liar about it all being okay by Easter. When he announced the shelter in place order he said ‘we are no longer asking people to stay home’.  Now the Maryland State Police can arrest people who flaunt the rules for gatherings. Jail and or fines. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:35 AM, theotherelise said:

I know some think Jing is pregnant because she had some #healthyfitpregnancy tag in a sponsored post which was then later edited out. I don't really think that indicates one way or the other since most promo posts are pre-written and just pasted. But the other reason people seem to be speculating is because Jinger doesn't have much makeup on and perhaps looks less bright eyed and bushy tailed.

She is either pregnant or not, IDK or care really. But it made me glad again that my default is no makeup (and that I can do that in my career without repercussions). When I wear makeup, people are complimentary. But if your default is heavier makeup, people tend to assume you are tired or sick when you go without. Not a fair assumption, but personally I'm glad people have gotten used to my normal baggy under eyes and skin imperfections so I don't have to deal with that judgment. One more reason why I'd never ever sign up to share my life on tv or try to be an influencer!

Jeremy also posted a picture from a photo shoot. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was from an announcement shoot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Larry Hogan is my Governor. He as much called trump a liar about it all being okay by Easter. When he announced the shelter in place order he said ‘we are no longer asking people to stay home’.  Now the Maryland State Police can arrest people who flaunt the rules for gatherings. Jail and or fines. 

Our worthless republican Governor says "she can't shut down the state", there aren't enough cases here to warrant that. In other words she wants to wait until our hospitals are overwhelmed and dozens if not hundreds of Iowans die before she finds it "necessary" to issue a shelter at home order. 

Iowa is one of only 5 states (all republican) that have NO stay home orders of any kind.  Our worthless gov says "Iowans will do the right thing" Today there is a news story about some jackass holding a horse auction and expecting 100s of people in rural Iowa. The parks are packed, the stores that are open are packed, We have WalMart, Target, Costco, Sam's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, (the last two are open despite being told to close) all the grocery chains are open. Car dealerships, gun shops, gun ranges (of course freedumb ?) . 

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 12

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Our worthless republican Governor says "she can't shut down the state", there aren't enough cases here to warrant that. In other words she wants to wait until our hospitals are overwhelmed and dozens if not hundreds of Iowans die before she finds it "necessary" to issue a shelter at home order. 

Iowa is one of only 5 states (all republican) that have NO stay home orders of any kind.  Our worthless gov says "Iowans will do the right thing" Today there is a news story about some jackass holding a horse auction and expecting 100s of people in rural Iowa. The parks are packed, the stores that are open are packed, We have WalMart, Target, Costco, Sam's, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, (the last two are open despite being told to close) all the grocery chains are open. Car dealerships, gun shops, gun ranges (of course freedumb ?) . 

And our country will only be able to fully recover as fast as the slowest state to do anything.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hogan is a Republican and probably the last of his kind. He didn’t go the the convention in 2016 and didn’t vote for trump

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I can't get over this. I've been disgruntled about Iowa politics for a long time but I am just fucking furious right now, though I no longer live there. Luckily the areas where my family (including elderly relatives) live are pretty much shut down, but god only knows what kind of idiots are rolling through the local Hy-Vee from off I-80, coughing on shit. Or what's going to happen to the state when the shit hits the fan, with that sociopath in charge.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I can't get over this. I've been disgruntled about Iowa politics for a long time but I am just fucking furious right now, though I no longer live there. Luckily the areas where my family (including elderly relatives) live are pretty much shut down, but god only knows what kind of idiots are rolling through the local Hy-Vee from off I-80, coughing on shit. Or what's going to happen to the state when the shit hits the fan, with that sociopath in charge.

Epidemiologists are saying Iowa & other midwest states will have a late peak of early May, we could see over 10k cases in the by then & they project 1300 dead. Of course shit fer brains says those numbers are inflated because she closed the health clubs restaurants, bars, schools and hair salons & we're social distancing, in Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Hy-Vee, Target, horse auctions, gun ranges, playing at the parks...? According to her metrics Iowa needs 3 nursing home outbreaks, 50% hospital occupancy, a certain percent of sick people in a county to the  number of people over 65 in that county. It is asinine and they are predicting we'll turn into NYC before she considers shelter at home, and by then it will be too late. 

My son's office is a time bomb. They had a worker who tested positive Saturday, they didn't inform employees until MONDAY, when they were in the office, so they had them work Monday & Tuesday, and then WEDNESDAY the shut the office down to clean it. there are over 1000 employees in that building. They had 2 more employees test positive today, and they expect several dozen more will, at the very least. This is a large financial institution and most of what they do is collections. They had no business working once that person reported s/he was symptomatic and had been exposed, they knew that for almost a week, before the test came back AND they still waited 3 more days to clean the facility. This office runs 7 am to 9pm 7 days a week, there is a potential of hundreds of new cases in this building alone. All he knows is this person worked on the 4th floor, he woks on the 3rd, but they don't know who it was where they worked and if this person spent time on other floors in meetings, did they eat lunch in the cafeteria, did my son ride in the elevator with him or her? He doesn't know.  This is where having 10s of millions of tests so everyone in that building can be tested. The only good news is, that those with high risk conditions were set up to work from home, or put on long term disability with pay 2 weeks ago.  My son will now be working from home starting tomorrow he's brought his home set up home to get up and running tomorrow.  

Hubby & I both have what are considered essential jobs so we should both still be working, though I'm not sure how long home building will continue when millions are out of work until God knows when. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 8

On 4/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, onekidanddone said:

Whereas the jerk we have in Florida not only took forever, but he just made it illegal for counties and cities to make stricter rules than his--which, by the way, allow large religious gatherings. It's like they really do want to kill us.

I don't know how to hide this

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-gov-ron-desantis-overrides-county-officials-to-allow-church-during-coronavirus-lockdown

Edited by patsymae
add a link
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 5

I was talking to my daughter who lives in Greenville County, SC (as do I) this afternoon and we were talking about people not taking social distancing or lockdown seriously.  She, her husband and the two girls went for a drive last Sunday afternoon.  They thought they'd drive up to Campbells' Covered Bridge and found about 12 cars when they got there.  So they decided to go home and passed by the Lowe's and Home Depot in Greer as they were on their way.  She said that the parking lots at both stores were packed.  I think that Tractor Supply was only open for online orders to be picked up curbside or shipped.  

They probably passed close to both my son-in-law's parents and I know they came within a few blocks go our house, but they didn't stop.  

• Upvote 3

I actually mustered up the courage to venture out again on Sunday-my car's battery died in the driveway the prior weekend, had to be jumped, and AAA encouraged me to use the vehicle at least once a week-to pick up takeout, as we want to support local businesses any way we can and right now, any open restaurant in MA is only doing takeout or delivery.  I pre-paid the food over the phone with a credit card and an employee wearing rubber gloves handed me the food through my car window at curbside pickup.  There were signs all over the front of the restaurant advising customers not to enter unless picking up a previous phone order and to please use curbside pickup if at all possible by calling the restaurant upon arrival with a pre-assigned number and vehicle description.  I thought it was an excellent system.  

I also am amazed at the hypocrisy of some people regarding social distancing; namely, my sister who is obsessed with not going out, making homemade cloth masks and relentlessly checking on my 79-year-old, extremely independent father to the point that he has nicknamed her "The Warden"-yet has no issue with her husband's daughters from a prior marriage driving down from their house 30 miles away to spend every other weekend with her, her husband and her younger son who happens to be an asthmatic. She will also likely be hosting not just the daughters, but her older son and his girlfriend, who both live in Boston, for Easter dinner, and if so, will definitely invite my father (who has type 2 diabetes and had open heart surgery last year)  to come and not take no for an answer.  Additionally,  the girlfriend is also a pharmacist-in-training and works for a very major drugstore chain, so exposure potential is through the roof here.  So basically all my sister's worrying and precautions have already been broken with the stepdaughters coming down on the weekends and if she decides to host people, will really be blown to hell on Easter.  I guess nonresidential family members or their significant others are exempt from being coronavirus carriers.  I am hoping I am wrong  and that she has some common sense on this one and tells everyone to stay put for the holiday, but I don't see that happening.  

Needless to say, my family-me, husband and son-have already decided that if we are asked to attend, we are respectfully declining.  And I suggested to my father that he should do the same.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 7

Yes it’s so strange the variations people are choosing for social distancing. 

But I feel the pull to make exceptions too. My older parents want to see our family since they say they’ve gone nowhere and we’ve gone nowhere so it should be fine. But since WA did the stay home order Ive said no to them. It’s been hard but preventing small spreads like from us to them and whomever they might cone into contact with and vice versa is the entire point of social distancing...

• Upvote 11

I'd like to ask experts what, people like my family are supposed to do. DH & I both still work, outside the home, DH is a plumber & works at a local grocery store, he's behind the meat counter so he's got a fairly descent space there from customers, but not employees. I'm working in what is supposed to be a closed office with everyone but me working from home. I'm supposed to be here to answer phones, accept deliveries & monitor (via security camera) employees picking up cleaning supplies for their jobs. Employees are supposed to come in through the warehouse behind the office, and where the cleaning supplies are. None of that is happening.  We have 9 employees in the office, including me and only 3 of them are working from home everyone else is working from here. I'm the only one who WANTS to work from home and I'm the only one not allowed.  Because who will answer the phones if I'm not here? How about the 5 other people here?  ? ?

Social distancing isn't an option for us, we TRY, but if no one else will respect your space how do you keep it up? We have 2 adult children at home, 1 of them may have been exposed, several people in his office building have tested positive, including food service workers, but they aren't testing anyone in the office unless they show symptoms, or are executives.  Should we actually be quarantining should he, his office didn't seem overly concerned about it so we don't know, it is too late now, we're at work, and we can't afford to stay home for 2 weeks and have it NOT be COVID19 because then we can still get it and when/if we do, we've used our 2 weeks paid sick time for nothing.  And this is how it is going to spread through states like Iowa with no shelter at home orders. People running around going "have I been exposed?" I don't know lets go to Target.  We're avoiding all public except for work, but we both come into contact with a lot of people every day. 

sorry for the long ramble. I'm actually really confused and a little concerned we will get sick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 15

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'd like to ask experts what, people like my family are supposed to do. DH & I both still work, outside the home, DH is a plumber & works at a local grocery store, he's behind the meat counter so he's got a fairly descent space there from customers, but not employees. I'm working in what is supposed to be a closed office with everyone but me working from home. I'm supposed to be here to answer phones, accept deliveries & monitor (via security camera) employees picking up cleaning supplies for their jobs. Employees are supposed to come in through the warehouse behind the office, and where the cleaning supplies are. None of that is happening.  We have 9 employees in the office, including me and only 3 of them are working from home everyone else is working from here. I'm the only one who WANTS to work from home and I'm the only one not allowed.  Because who will answer the phones if I'm not here? How about the 5 other people here?  ? ?

Social distancing isn't an option for us, we TRY, but if no one else will respect your space how do you keep it up? We have 2 adult children at home, 1 of them may have been exposed, several people in his office building have tested positive, including food service workers, but they aren't testing anyone in the office unless they show symptoms, or are executives.  Should we actually be quarantining should he, his office didn't seem overly concerned about it so we don't know, it is too late now, we're at work, and we can't afford to stay home for 2 weeks and have it NOT be COVID19 because then we can still get it and when/if we do, we've used our 2 weeks paid sick time for nothing.  And this is how it is going to spread through states like Iowa with no shelter at home orders. People running around going "have I been exposed?" I don't know lets go to Target.  We're avoiding all public except for work, but we both come into contact with a lot of people every day. 

sorry for the long ramble. I'm actually really confused and a little concerned we will get sick.

Social distancing is in fact a luxury for a lot of people. Cases like yours are exactly why it’s so crucial for everyone who CAN social distance to do so as much as possible. You’re doing the best you can. Those of us who can social distance more have a moral obligation to do so, not just to protect ourselves, but to protect people like you and your family.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

This. I have neighbors that I've had a good relationship with and we do ride ssharing (ie., they have the car, I have the license). They are heavy drinkers and smokers and every couple of days want to go to the store for booze and cigs, no matter how much I encourage them to buy at once (not like you're not going to need it).

Sunday, mask disinfectant and all I gave in and gave him a ride to the store (I am the only one who drives the car and disinfect keys, etc., still effing stupid so no need to point out). Said like a zillion times make sure you get everything you need because I'm not going out for two weeks.

This morning he had another person take him to the store, who then sat on the stoop chatting for half an hour or so, nowhere near 6 feet away, and tonight he called for a ride for Winn Dixie. "WHy not? You don't have to go in?" I guess there's worse things than having them pissed off at me, but the attitude is endemic around here (Florida, still not taking it seriously, and this street has Trump 2020 flags flying). It's infuriating (and yes, I was probably an ass in this situation as well.) One club had a sign up for a river cruise that day; Winn Dixie had no shields between workers and food in the deli/meat/fish departments, dirty gloves littering all over the parking lot. 

As said, so many people don't have the luxury of staying at home with your ass on the couch watching TV. And people can't do even that?

• Upvote 9

It's been a rough go here.
we went straight from Tornado recovery to COVID sheltering.

• Love 19

My job is having us come in one day a week in staggered days so there's never more than three or four in the building at a time. I consider myself lucky that I have this. I can't use sick time to take any more days off because I'm pregnant and need to have it to afford to stay at home after I give birth. As it is I'm looking at less than 6 weeks after a C section again.

• Love 15

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Yes it’s so strange the variations people are choosing for social distancing. 

But I feel the pull to make exceptions too. My older parents want to see our family since they say they’ve gone nowhere and we’ve gone nowhere so it should be fine. But since WA did the stay home order Ive said no to them. It’s been hard but preventing small spreads like from us to them and whomever they might cone into contact with and vice versa is the entire point of social distancing...

Although I have not gone to anyone else's house since the pandemic, my dad has admittedly come over to my house several times for assistance with different things which I don't mind doing.  He comes alone and he has been the only one outside of my immediate residential family that has darkened my door since the pandemic.  I also call him every day and he calls me, so we still have daily contact.  

And apparently my sister does have some common sense after all; my dad told me tonight that he spoke with her tonight and she has no intentions on hosting any type of Easter dinner.  He is welcome to eat a Sunday meal with them, but he told me that he's on the fence with that because he wants to know who else will be there.  So at least he is aware of vicarious exposure.  

I feel so terrible for the folks who have lost a loved one during this quarantine period.  They can't even mourn them the way they want to. 

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Love 10

14 hours ago, patsymae said:

tonight he called for a ride for Winn Dixie. "WHy not? You don't have to go in?"

Suggest that they get a Shipt membership - or gift them with one.  The annual fee is normally $99 but they currently have a $50 off promotion.  They will shop in all kinds of places, not just grocery stores.  In Florida, I know that they also go to ABC so they can get whatever they need from there delivered.  As long as you order $35 or more, delivery is free.  I have been using Shipt for all of my groceries.  The shopper consults by text if the store is out of something I ordered.  She texts me to let me know that she is in my driveway and will put all of my groceries at my front door and then text me when she was back in her car for true social distancing appropriate delivery.  It has been great.  I do tip her very well.

My college student kids have memberships as well.  One doesn't drive for medical reasons, so he has used Shipt for several years.  He has used them to pick up things at Target, Petco (for his service dog), and Office Depot as well as Publix.  It works well even in a college town.

Edited by Born Skeptic
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic