IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

16 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Accidents though?  When my first was learning to walk I got advice from an in-law to not put any of my breakables out of reach, he has to learn not to touch.

Well, I put them in the closed china cabinet as I opted to chose safety and sanity over blind obedience.  I'm not a fan of chaos, but accidents happen and white rugs would make me angsty.

I had two levels of breakables. Level 1 was: super special things from super special family and I would be devastated if they broke. 
Level 2: breakable, cute, but not soul crushing (cute little green bird from the craft store is super cute but totally replaceable). 

Level 1 went away entirely. Level 2 was wherever it was and my son got to learn to be gentle and will now ask "is this very precious to you?" when he is asking if he should be gentle

My son is now 7 but I still put things up if I'm worried. And because I always pick Christmas trees that like to take headers and take out ornaments as they go down, some of the ornaments don't even go on the tree anymore because they're 70 years old and I would be crushed. I still want them, they still mean a lot to me - but I find other safer places for them. Where they won't be taken out by my choice in tree.

• Upvote 12

Another paid partnership bites the dust.

i suppose it will be back to what they know works- selling a baby announcement to US Weekly or People.

They’ve been very quiet on SM- no baking videos or Jeremy feeding his face. I’m expecting an announcement soon.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jinger lost her Ruggable sponsorship. Sounds like it was Redditors that spearheaded the campaign to oust her.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/counting-on-jinger-duggar-just-lost-another-paid-influencer-gig-over-family-controversial-views.html/

I never realized there were so many Christian hating companies.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 12

My house had white carpets growing up. The kitchen had wood floor. We were not allowed to have any food except in the kitchen, at the kitchen table. We also only drank water (milk with dinner if we wanted, at the table), so spills weren't likely. Any coloring or crafts was done at the kitchen table or in the garage. We also never wore shoes in the house. I wouldn't be afraid to get white rugs if I did these same rules. However, the general wear and tear on white carpets after 20 years did prompt my mom to replace them (they were just dingy). 

@Lizzybet I think the companies aren't really Christian hating, their PR department just does damage control if people make a stink. (I hope anyone like Jinger gets the same backlash, but I doubt it) 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Lizzybet said:

They are extremist hating companies 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They’ve been very quiet on SM- no baking videos or Jeremy feeding his face. I’m expecting an announcement soon.

Sadly agreeing with this. Any time these two aren't super active I get suspicious. 

All recent shots of her (except at the sister brunch) have been throwbacks or shoulders and face only. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

Most companies prefer to keep religion and politics out of their social media so they don’t alienate a chunk of their audience. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

@LizzybetI think the companies aren't really Christian hating, their PR department just does damage control if people make a stink. (I hope anyone like Jinger gets the same backlash, but I doubt it) 

I suspect @Lizzybet was being sarcastic. ?

• I Agree 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Lizzybet said:

Are you are saying that the extremist beliefs that the Duggars hold are the norm for Christians? Or are you being sarcastic? 

• Upvote 3

Jeremy hasn't had an instagram post since February 27, and Jinger hasn't posted much since returning from Arkansas. Strangely quiet on their part.

• I Agree 1

I suppose Jeremy could have exams? He may actually be doing some work instead of posing with his books.

Jinger has poster a picture of the sisters get together. Maybe they ran out of cash to pay the photographer that seemed to be following them around?

• Upvote 4

Jinjer has been fairly quiet, they keep trying to get sponsors, but no one will have them.  They need to start kissing Trumps ass publicly he won't pay them but someone might.  ? ?

• Upvote 2

Jinger could get herself into community college or other job training. She seems to have lots of free time. Jeremy likely has a daytime schedule, so that would leave evening hours for him to watch Felicity. If they want to make money, they need to get realistic and begin in accordance to their skill sets. They are aiming too high. Reality sucks.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

They are extremist hating companies 

I guess I should have used a sarcasm font.

15 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I suspect @Lizzybet was being sarcastic. ?

Thank you. I thought, especially here on free Jinger, it would go without saying. So now I’m saying it. I WAS being sarcastic.

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

Anyone else surprised by Felicity’s outfit in Jinger’s recent Instagram story? It’s pretty gender neutral and no ridiculously huge bow. I have a 6 month old son and this is the sort of thing I could see him wearing to soft play etc.

(for the record I have absolutely no issue with what she’s wearing and actually think she looks really cute, it’s just not the overtly girly outfit I’m used to seeing her, and other fundie offspring, in). 

9F333109-E774-4D3F-88BB-5D80C310E783.png

Edited by Alysabeth
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Alysabeth said:

Anyone else surprised by Felicity’s outfit in Jinger’s recent Instagram story? It’s pretty gender neutral and no ridiculously huge bow. I have a 6 month old son and this is the sort of thing I could see him wearing to soft play etc.

(for the record I have absolutely no issue with what she’s wearing and actually think she looks really cute, it’s just not the overtly girly outfit I’m used to seeing her, and other fundie offspring, in). 

I’m not that surprised at it- she has been dressed in ‘sporty’ gender neutral clothes before I think. Jinger dresses her very well I think- cute clothes, doesn’t insist on frilly dresses over leggings like some of them. I personally don’t like bows on kids at all but I know some kids do love them so I’m not going to snark- I do hate scratchy looking headbands on new babies though- babies’ heads are just gorgeous, we don’t need adornments to show they’re a girl! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I visited a newborn in the hospital recently, and the hat supplied by the hospital had a big bow on it. Didn't want the parents to forget she was a girl, I guess.

• Haha 8

I am more surprised the Shirt talks about Aliens. But as I don’t see all of it- might be a hip Fundie print. Who knows

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Felicity has been seen in the aliens tee before. I'm glad to see her being encouraged to dance and wriggle about to Baby Shark. The no dancing/jumping for joy thing has always seemed like total bs. 

So far we've seen that Jinger has no issue with Felicity dancing, Jill's boys had their rave-dance session, I know she's not a Duggar but Carlin (Bates/Stewart) had a choreographed first dance and father-daughter dance at her wedding. 

Just baby steps away from their nonsense upbringing. But baby steps nonetheless. 

• Upvote 12

11 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

Jinger has seemed to have a pretty good balance of gender neutral and comfy play clothes with the dresses reserved for special occasions. Jessa is actually doing fairly well on that front too. I haven’t seen much pink, though there have been bows I think 

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wonder how they hold up, if the surface is thin enough to fit in a washing machine.

I purchased a Ruggable about six months ago. I am not a paid spokesperson, but I love it. I bought a neutral background, similar to Jinger’s. They are quite expensive, but I have a senior Siberian Husky who sometimes pees in the house. It can be purchased with the black rubber pad. It stops the pee from reaching my hardwood floors. The pad has a Velcro like top that the rug sticks to. The rug can be easily peeled off and washed in a large washer. My rug is 8x10 and fits in my top load washer. It is quite thin, almost like a chenille. It does not have a pile like a typical rug. It also can be dried in the dryer. 

I have washed mine about six times. It comes out clean and fresh smelling. It is quite costly, but perfect for my home. You don’t have to buy it through Ruggable. Google it and find other retailers that might sell it cheaper, especially if you use Rakuten. Again, not getting paid for this information! (Though it would be nice if I was).

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 10

@Sweet Caroline thanks for the honest review. I've been wanting one for what feels like exactly forever. I'm pregnant right now and nesting is starting to kick in. I was going on a never-ending  tirade list last night to my husband about everything in the house I couldn't take anymore, and our years old, nasty, high pile rug in the living room that is impossible to clean is one of them. He says he loves that's its fluffy. I did too at first, but after years of toddlers and pets happening to it, it's gotta go. 

• Upvote 6

I think once you’ve had a kid for awhile, you realize that dressing them in those uncomfortable Sunday best clothes are cute, but impractical. My first boy was dressed up more as a baby than my second. By the time I had my second, it was all about practical clothing. Therefore I don’t have many pictures of him in dressy cute clothing as a baby. But that’s ok. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic