IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

Let’s see...

Anna: Mercy Faith

Jessa: Willow Marie if it’s a girl, Calvin Sproul if it’s a boy

If Jessa and Ben end up going with a plant/botanical name in the event they have a girl, it solidifies for me that the girls are named after plants or flowers, while the boys are named after preachers.  (In my guess, Calvin refers to John Calvin, who founded the branch of Christianity that Ben practices, while Sproul refers to R.C. Sproul, who was a pastor in that same theological branch, also known as “Reformed Christianity”, who passed away a couple of years ago.)

• Upvote 3

Josh and Anna: Melody Praise

I was thinking Faith because it seems much more fitting now than eg Joy, but I seem to remember Anna saying something along the lines of 'you praise God in the good times, and in the hard times' after the last scandal (apologies if my brain has just made this up though!), so I thought she might like to copy Joe and Kendra.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Snowless said:

Let’s see...

Anna: Mercy Faith

Jessa: Willow Marie if it’s a girl, Calvin Sproul if it’s a boy

If Jessa and Ben end up going with a plant/botanical name in the event they have a girl, it solidifies for me that the girls are named after plants or flowers, while the boys are named after preachers.  (In my guess, Calvin refers to John Calvin, who founded the branch of Christianity that Ben practices, while Sproul refers to R.C. Sproul, who was a pastor in that same theological branch, also known as “Reformed Christianity”, who passed away a couple of years ago.)

If so, I hope the next thread title for Benessa will be 'Plants and Preachers'.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

23 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

If so, I hope the next thread title for Benessa will be 'Plants and Preachers'.

I had been thinking Sage for Jessa but then I thought - people use sage to smudge and she wouldn’t want to be associated with something so heathen. Then I wondered if she is so uneducated and sheltered that wouldn’t know about sage smudging? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, adidas said:

I had been thinking Sage for Jessa but then I thought - people use sage to smudge and she wouldn’t want to be associated with something so heathen. Then I wondered if she is so uneducated and sheltered that wouldn’t know about sage smudging? 

I've got a college degree and don't consider myself particularly sheltered, but I've never heard of sage smudging. So it wouldn't surprise me if Jessa hadn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

28 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I've got a college degree and don't consider myself particularly sheltered, but I've never heard of sage smudging. So it wouldn't surprise me if Jessa hadn't. 

Neither have I. Off to Google...

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2021 at 12:37 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

OMG I found Anna was pregnant with a girl on this thread.

Michelle Annette

Miranda Faith 

I'm changing Miranda to Mia Faith. I still think there's a good chance the baby will be named Michelle.

• Upvote 2

These are just jokes. There is no way these would be possibilities for M7. But, for fun, how about Morgana (after Morgan Le Fay, King Arthur’s half sister and legend has it, a witch). There’s always Maleficent after the evil fairy in “Sleeping Beauty”. Maybe M7 won’t begin with “m” but deviate from the usual pattern. Personally I think Misogyny (Ginny for short) suits their beliefs. 

• Upvote 2

Updating my M7 guesses to any combination of the following:

First name: Margaret, Miriam, Mercy

Middle Name: Ann(e) or Faith

• Upvote 4

I already guessed for Jessa/Ben but for Anna: 

Molly Triumph or Mercy Triumph

for "triumphing" over the heathens or God will triumph over everything. 

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Miranda Hope for M7

Maryella's middle name is Hope. 

So far for girls the middle names are Renee, Grace and Hope. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Mercy Mee for M7.

If they're were even a little flexible on the M thing, I'd go with "O. Mercy Mee".

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

Miranda Justice Duggar  ?

FYI--if you are out of the USA the joke is Miranda is the case name that gave us "You have the right to remain silent...."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I don’t think they’ll use it, but M7 should be Maria Charity for Mrs. Reber.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of the newest additions to the Bontrager grands:

Allison/Jeremiah Helferich:  Boy= Jeremiah, Jr.    Girl=Victoria Rose

Chelsy/John Maxwell:  Boy= Grayson Kirk or Isaiah William     Girl= Evelyn Rebecca or Audrey Rebecca

• Upvote 2

Allison-Jeremiah Jr. or Madeline Nicole 

Chelsy-Ayden Marlin or Noah Marlin or Ashlynn Renee or Grace Renee

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic