IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, goddefinedcalves said:

JoKen: Kennedy Rose

I'd be stunned if they let Kennedy happen! The most liberal political family in America? I know it's a popular name ever since the long-ago MTV personality, but to some it's political. And ROSE--that's President Kennedy's mother's name.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'd be stunned if they let Kennedy happen! The most liberal political family in America? I know it's a popular name ever since the long-ago MTV personality, but to some it's political. And ROSE--that's President Kennedy's mother's name.

Kendra doesn't even know "what" Elvis is, if she knows anything besides the fact that Kennedy was shot I'd be impressed.

• Upvote 3

I mean, Joy named her baby Evelyn even though her aunt, who is gay, is called that, so maybe JoKen doesn’t care about namesakes at all either. Kennedy is one of my guesses as well. 

• Upvote 4

Actually I am going to change my girl guess for Blessa because I picked Hannah (a lovely name btw) and I forgot there is a JOHannah. I did have Abigail until I remembered Abbie so my new guess is Leah/Lola/Lois Florence 

• Upvote 2

For Jessa:

Theodora Lee

Or

Theodore Reagan (I think they'll expand the Christian heroes theme to general Christian meanings and will declare their love of Ronald Reagan.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Kendra/Joe Girl: Violet, Hadley or Kinsley 

Kendra/Joe Boy: Lincoln or Hudson

Jessa/Ben Girl: Lila, Isla, Eloise, Cora or Maggie (Magnolia/Margaret)

Jessa/Ben Boy: Theodore or Oliver 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

did anyone get Hazel....?

Jessa Hannah Florence I do think it is a girl

Boy Noah Abel

Hazel was leaked by Josie herself in her baby book.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I doubt most people know JFK's mother name. The Kennedys weren't that liberal. They had fairly traditional gender roles and several of them were quiverfull Catholics (Joe and Rose, Ethel and Bobby, etc.) 

The real question is Kennedy too close to Kendra. If they do pick Kennedy, maybe it will be to honor Kendra. 

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I doubt most people know JFK's mother name. The Kennedys weren't that liberal. They had fairly traditional gender roles and several of them were quiverfull Catholics (Joe and Rose, Ethel and Bobby, etc.) 

Back in the 60s yes. Today, they are know as liberals. I'm afraid knowing who Rose Kennedy is would be a matter of age and I'm sure JB knows. LOL "Quiverfull Catholic" in that era is an oxymoron! The INVENTED the no-b.c. life of endless childbearing.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

9 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Back in the 60s yes. Today, they are know as liberals. I'm afraid knowing who Rose Kennedy is would be a matter of age and I'm sure JB knows. LOL "Quiverfull Catholic" in that era is an oxymoron! The INVENTED the no-b.c. life of endless childbearing.

My grandparents were no birth control Catholics in the 60s. Until they got to their fourth anniversary and my 23 year old grandmother was pregnant with the fourth kid and they decided maybe birth control wasn't such a bad idea. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

27 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

No BC Catholics of the time weren’t quiverful.  They weren’t breeding arrows for God or deliberately breeding more Christians.

It was a result of the no BC policy of the RCC, which resulted in large families but as the motivations of quiverful people are so different you can’t compare them to that movement.  

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

Jessa/Ben:

Boy--Aiden, Calvin, Karl, with some evangelical preacher/ theologian's  name for a middle name. (Think Tozer, Piper, Graham)

Girl--Lily Madeline, Ruby Alice, Thea Charis

• Upvote 2

I don't have any sense of the naming style of Allison and Jeremiah H. so I will randomly pick: Lily Hosannah or Carter Jeremiah.

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
Forgot there's a Carson Bowers or Bontrager, I think
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Pearlgirl0810 said:

Jessa/Ben Boy: Theodore or Oliver 

I hope Jessa won't choose a name with a T (Tozer, Theo, Timothy, ) because

S purgeon

H enry

I vy

T name........

Poor babies, the S......H.......i.....t..... team

Edited by Hortense Peyrac
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

For Jessa:

Theodora Lee

Or

Theodore Reagan (I think they'll expand the Christian heroes theme to general Christian meanings and will declare their love of Ronald Reagan.)

Heck, Reagan is a semi-popular girl's first name.  That's plausible.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I hope Jessa won't choose a name with a T (Tozer, Theo, Timothy, ) because

S purgeon

H enry

I vy

T name........

Poor babies, the S......H.......i.....t..... team

I hope she does for the exact same reason. It would be awesome and accurate!

Just now, Iamtheway said:

I hope she does for the exact same reason. It would be awesome and accurate!

What do you mean accurate?  The kids aren't shit, they are babies.

• I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What do you mean accurate?  The kids aren't shit, they are babies.

Accurate is probably the wrong word. And the kids are obviously innocent in everything. They didn’t ask to be born in to this shitshow of a family. (Initials for the next four blessings provided right there.)

I’d like to think of it as a message from Jessa. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic