IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 3

HerNameIsBuffy

While apparently Felicity is not named for the theme, I’m stuck on semi-unusual virtue names for the Voulos. I could see a Charity, Chastity, Mercy, or Patience Voulo for this next one. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I already guessed on a name but I don't think I guessed on a DOB so I'll guess 11/10

Is that for Jinger?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

There were a few guesses for Abbie Halbertstadt's twin boys. Shout out to @PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea & @SassyPants for getting one of the names correct: Tobias. No one guessed the other twin's name: Titus.

Hey I never received any accolades for guessing Maci Webster! Do I have to wait until she’s born to receive my prize?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Hey I never received any accolades for guessing Maci Webster! Do I have to wait until she’s born to receive my prize?

I was going to wait till she’s born just in case they change their minds, which there’s almost a zero percent chance of happening.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Johannah said:

Jinger was described as being especially close to Grandma Mary. I think they’ll use it as a middle name. I don’t think sharing a middle with part of a name of one of dozens of cousins who live in a different state would be a big deal. These people named 1/3 of their daughters Jana, Joy-Anna, and Johannah!

Nearly half of the grandDuggars share names anyway: Grace Annette, Meredith Grace. Israel David, Garrett David. Mackynzie Renee, Addison Renee. Mason Garrett, Garrett David

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On 5/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, harkasquirrel said:

Wow! I didn’t think they would do that, especially since Protestants/fundies don’t really venerate saints. If Bow 2.0 is born in early November I can see them going the Mary/Marie/Maria route for All Saint’s/All Soul’s Day (with added bonus points for a name honoring Grandma Mary!) They could also do Sophia, Katherine, and Helen. Middle names are Mary (if they don’t give her that as a first name), Michelle, or Diana.

As for Joy and Austin, I’m leaning towards Lorelei, Abigail, Eliza, or Maeve. Middle name Anna.

Jocelyn? 

In the Forsyths’ YouTube video about Gideon meeting Evie, Jordyn had guessed Evie’s name almost correctly, and she says (about three minutes into the video) “Do I get the hundred dollars?” Jana says no, because she didn’t guess the exact name. Are the Duggars themselves having baby name betting pools now?

The Forsyths’ house looks very nice, and it’s good to see a Duggar grandbaby who has grandparents who are utterly thrilled, not quickly distracted by their dozens of other children and grandchildren. 

• Upvote 8

23 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

In the Forsyths’ YouTube video about Gideon meeting Evie, Jordyn had guessed Evie’s name almost correctly, and she says (about three minutes into the video) “Do I get the hundred dollars?” Jana says no, because she didn’t guess the exact name. Are the Duggars themselves having baby name betting pools now?

The Forsyths’ house looks very nice, and it’s good to see a Duggar grandbaby who has grandparents who are utterly thrilled, not quickly distracted by their dozens of other children and grandchildren. 

In their video they made about leaving hospital they say they've offered $50 to anybody who guesses the weight, and $100 to anyone who guesses the exact, full name, so everybody was texting in their guesses. Austin's dad and... maybe Carlin? I forget? Guessed the weight correctly and Austin objected to them each getting $50, saying they'd have to split the money between them.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

In their video they made about leaving hospital they say they've offered $50 to anybody who guesses the weight, and $100 to anyone who guesses the exact, full name, so everybody was texting in their guesses. Austin's dad and... maybe Carlin? I forget? Guessed the weight correctly and Austin objected to them each getting $50, saying they'd have to split the money between them.

I think it was JB that guessed the exact weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Joken #3 

Boy: Grayson Paul

Girl: Raegan Christine

I really hope it's a boy.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Joken #3 

Pronounced ray gun or re gun. Just curious. 

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Pronounced ray gun or re gun. Just curious. 

Ray gun like the former president, whose name I realize is spelled differently but I feel like Kendra would prefer ae to ea.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Ray gun like the former president, whose name I realize is spelled differently but I feel like Kendra would prefer ae to ea.

Was that president the side they vote for? 

• Move Along 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes. I think it’s usually spelled Reagan, even for girls, but I may not be aware of the trends.

• Upvote 2

On 10/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, TuringMachine said:

Joken #3 

Joken #3

Reagan Hope 

Grant Joseph

Prop #2

Gianna Marie

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Very much yes. Republicans love Ronald Reagan. Back in 2015 the republican debates were like a competition for who could say Ronald Reagan the most.

No matter who it's spelled, if JoKen calls their kid Reagan or Raegan I'm still calling it a win for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I can’t remember what my last guess for JoKen was, but since it wasn’t long ago it’s still current haha. 

Whatever they choose will be 80s or 90s style so that it goes with the older siblings. Natalie, Kylie or Danielle. I’m 99% sure she would choose Ashley but JimBob would veto it. If it’s a boy, Kevin, Scott, Dustin, Travis etc  

I think I guessed Brielle a while ago but someone pointed out that it’s Joy and Austyn’s pooch.

Just now, adidas said:

I can’t remember what my last guess for JoKen was, but since it wasn’t long ago it’s still current haha. 

Whatever they choose will be 80s or 90s style so that it goes with the older siblings. Natalie, Kylie or Danielle. I’m 99% sure she would choose Ashley but JimBob would veto it. If it’s a boy, Kevin, Scott, Dustin, Travis etc  

I think I guessed Brielle a while ago but someone pointed out that it’s Joy and Austyn’s pooch.

Ashley and Danielle seemed too dated for Joken. They're 80s/90s names. Addison is a 2000s named that was still popular in the 2010s. I think Natalie is your best option for a guess. It was popular more reccently.

45 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Ashley and Danielle seemed too dated for Joken. They're 80s/90s names. Addison is a 2000s named that was still popular in the 2010s. I think Natalie is your best option for a guess. It was popular more reccently.

Maybe Natalie with the nn tilly. Addy and Tilly go well. 

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Very much yes. Republicans love Ronald Reagan. Back in 2015 the republican debates were like a competition for who could say Ronald Reagan the most.

No matter who it's spelled, if JoKen calls their kid Reagan or Raegan I'm still calling it a win for me.

Every time I hear the name Reagan I think of Linda Blair in ‘The Exorcist.’ 
AF53C37D-5C1C-4122-8DC2-CE2BC1F9E206.jpeg.8853ca41df5bb0ccfee86ce0c0572028.jpeg93DBE45A-4F50-4E75-B802-3FC8C27C9EF5.jpeg.bb7a8d7985d5dd1c6a813c8a036bec91.jpeg

(Though her name was spelled ‘Regan’).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic