IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young

Seculardaisy

This is just my personal feeling about her, but I reckon I wouldn’t like Kristen if I met her in real life. Sierra, for example, often comes across as annoying and over the top, but I think I could have coffee with her and chat pleasantly. I’m sure there’d be things to discuss with one of the Duggars, e.g. gardening with Jana, make up, hair care, and fashion with Josie Bates, etc. Kristen, on the other hand, is so openly closed-minded and gives me a very rude vibe.

Sure, I shouldn’t forget that other women I mentioned might just hide their crazy beliefs better, but... I can’t shake this feeling regardless. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

She didnt grow up fundie did she? It always seems the newcomers double down extra hard on the crazy, following the path of those like Derrick Dickard (I made that up, does anyone call him that?).

One last thing about pizzagate: I always forget its about Comet Ping Pong, love that place. They have a great crab pizza and the atmosphere with the ping pong is fun. I went to a local university there and Comet was popular among students/local grads.

• Upvote 8

I mean I don't think the freedom at all costs could be any clearer.  It's their freedom to infect and possibly kill everyone around them.

Hyperbole intended.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

She gives me a bad feeling and her husband seems (understandibly) fragile emotionally. They don't seem like adults who know who they are and what they want :( I'm a bit more worried for the children than with other fundies.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Kristen went to a Baptist college. She was had never been fundie. She listened to Christian Punk and drank. She is just Southern Baptist. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, freethemall said:

One last thing about pizzagate: I always forget its about Comet Ping Pong, love that place. They have a great crab pizza and the atmosphere with the ping pong is fun. 

What on earth is crab pizza_ not a conspiracy  theorist but that sounds evil!!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Maryland/the DMV, we put crab and/or Old Bay on everything.

But also if you've ever had crab dip you'll know crab mixed with hot creamy cheese is a delicious combo. 

crabpizza.jpg

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 2

Two foods I miss terribly from my time in Baltimore - crab pretzels (I.e. soft pretzels smeared with crab dip then broiled) and old bay wings.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kristen's husband Justin shared on IG that he prefers to share the majority of his time with his first born son. However, he is now also starting to enjoy spending some time with his daughter every now and then.

Imagine the father of your children sharing something like that on IG. Imagine being married to such a 'man'.

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 11
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 7

On 8/11/2020 at 10:56 AM, Timetraveler said:

Kristen's husband Justin shared on IG that he prefers to share the majority of his time with his first born son. However, he is now also starting to enjoy spending some time with his daughter every now and then.

Imagine the father of your children sharing something like that on IG. Imagine being married to such a 'man'.

Oh my, this is so sad. I just had a look at his post because I wanted to see for myself exactly what you were referring to and how he framed it. And you were absolutely right, @Timetraveler, that’s shocking. 

Babies and toddlers feel what’s going on around them, so Ava likely already understands on an emotional level that her father strongly favors her older brother over her. That’s horrible, damaging, and a huge burden for such a little cutie. And while I’m only speculating here, Kristen doesn’t seem to be a warm and understanding/supportive mother, either. 

To me, the fact that Justin posted about just now spending more time with his daughter means that his favoritism must be so incredibly strong he even noticed it himself - but instead of feeling remorseful and horrified by his own actions, Justin posts about it on Instagram. 

I’ve said it before, but the Youngs seem really... I’m truing to find the right word... Well, to me, there seems to be a dark cloud of corporal punishment, harshness, and sadness hanging over the family. They don’t seem warm and loving. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

• 1 month later...

I've been avoiding looking at Kristen's Instagram lately in an attempt to control my vomit reflex, but I did see that she posted today about how excited she is that Any Coney Barrett was nominated for Supreme Court.

My attempt failed miserably.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I've been avoiding looking at Kristen's Instagram lately in an attempt to control my vomit reflex, but I did see that she posted today about how excited she is that Any Coney Barrett was nominated for Supreme Court.

My attempt failed miserably.

Wow she's as full of hate as Coney Barrett seems to be. Aa long as you still pump out as many kids as your body can handle and use any power you have to advance a hateful anti-woman agenda, you too can be a career woman who doesn't degrade men. Never saw having control of my body and contributing to the household as degrading my husband but I've only been married four years so I've got lots to learn from people like Kristen. Maybe I can start selling bracelets I made just like in fifth grade (side note, our profits also went to charity, the local animal shelter).

Ms. Young (whoops am I degrading her man with the Ms.?) needs to decide if her insta is a tired mom hacks/humor page or hateful religiosity/conspiracy theory page, her posts are allll over the place.

PS I am always amazed at the negativity possessed by these people. It must be exhausting.

ETA-checking out her story, wow she really publicly gets off on people sharing her posts...

Edited by FinallySignedUp
Kristen looking straight prideful
  • Upvote 9

On 7/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, freethemall said:

Derrick Dickard (I made that up, does anyone call him that?)

Not yet, but as soon as I stop laughing that will be my new name for him!!! ?

Good God, she's even more annoying than Sierra. Sierra's kind of quirky and fun, though it does get on the nerves after awhile when she posts a bajillion IG stories. Kristen, I just want to bitch slap her.

• Upvote 5

Kristen is so dishonest, she avoids engaging in an actual conversation at any cost. I assume she understood the argument but wasn’t even willing to acknowledge it. Instead, she just clings to right wing talking points. Ugh, sickening. I feel most sorry for her poor children who have to endure her “training sessions” cause they are “too willful and sinful”. KY is despicable. 

Spoiler

6E5F3005-8D40-44EA-BE98-20FB16782205.jpeg

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 1

Honestly, I am an atheist but I think I act more 'Christ like' than these a-holes. There is nothing loving, kind or compassionate about these people. Seriously, I think that Jesus would be so embarrased/disappointed most of the time.

Oh and the only thing that stands out to me is the amount of negativity in their posts/actions; they must be so unhappy with life/themselves and scared of sincere love/kindness/connections. I would feel sad for them if they weren't so hurtful to others.

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

Kristin brooks no dissent on her page, but then whines about everyone being human and how beautiful it is. She's trying to have her cake and eat it. So Christian of her.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Has anyone kept up with the Duggar friend who became a lawyer? I can’t remember her name, but she grew up with the family in AR, went to law school, still identified as a Christian, but seemed to lessen her rigidity of her beliefs. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Has anyone kept up with the Duggar friend who became a lawyer? I can’t remember her name, but she grew up with the family in AR, went to law school, still identified as a Christian, but seemed to lessen her rigidity of her beliefs. 

Krista Gay. She has a Tumblr account. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 10/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

She’s also on Instagram. She posted recently about how her successes (becoming a lawyer, publications in prestigious journals, academic awards etc) are not celebrated and feel meaningless because growing up she was taught that big successes were getting married and pregnant. She said she has felt like a failure because she had not ‘achieved’ these things. She ended by saying that a women’s career milestones should be celebrated as much as personal ones and that her brain is just as important as her ability to have children. It was actually quite sad to read that someone would feel that way. 

I wondered if any Duggar’s might have seen her post and what they might have thought of it but when I checked she’s not followed by any of them. Interestingly she doesn’t follow any of them either (not sure if she ever did?). 

She still identifies as Christian but is definitely less rigid in her beliefs, she posts a lot about Arkansas abortion laws and why she disagrees with them (from a legal perspective). 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Didn't Kristen feel overwhelmed having to take care of the children and the household? Why did they buy 20 acres? Why did they expand? 

• Upvote 3

She’s also on Instagram. She posted recently about how her successes (becoming a lawyer, publications in prestigious journals, academic awards etc) are not celebrated and feel meaningless because growing up she was taught that big successes were getting married and pregnant. She said she has felt like a failure because she had not ‘achieved’ these things. She ended by saying that a women’s career milestones should be celebrated as much as personal ones and that her brain is just as important as her ability to have children. It was actually quite sad to read that someone would feel that way. 

I wondered if any Duggar’s might have seen her post and what they might have thought of it but when I checked she’s not followed by any of them. Interestingly she doesn’t follow any of them either (not sure if she ever did?). 

Jill (iirc) posted something to her story yesterday, essentially a fundie-lettered admonition about not feeling bad if you don’t have kids and a spouse, because “your season is not their season” and gods got your back and whatever. I assumed it was directed toward Jana but this sounds more likely.

I remember feeling on both sides of that equation (very religious at the time, married “late” at 25). Just normal 20s angst and I don’t judge it too harshly.

Also, had never opened this thread and the first few posts about the serious flu threat.... well here we are now!

• Upvote 5

Oh dear looks like she can dish it out but can’t take it. She got a few  “mean messages” and lost followers so she had to do a sit down video to defend herself.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic