IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young

Seculardaisy

That post and her responses in the comments are so sad and troubling:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200611_163306.thumb.jpg.9be2a3849d9015c374d02fb923d88455.jpgScreenshot_20200611_163333.thumb.jpg.99d8c8c2569549b589bcd23410491d2f.jpgScreenshot_20200611_163357.thumb.jpg.b2a78ab8f0fa0ae40faa62b4f3cf6abf.jpgScreenshot_20200611_163452.thumb.jpg.48f25527fa7e41fef0c786b79dbf7f83.jpg

I worry about her current and inevitable future kids. At the beginning of the year, she posted a bunch of photos from the previous year (one per month) and at least half of them were about how much she struggled with wanting to be a mom, how tedious and irritating she found parenting her kids.

It seemed like such a weird and depressing bunch of posts to highlight for a yearly roundup.

The combination of her general annoyance about having children, their commitment to filling their quiver, the all-natural antivaxxing lifestyle and Justin's health and sobriety. It seems very overwhelming and she just turned 28.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

I just feel so disgusted like she just says such negative things about her child who is still learning!!! 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

On 1/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

“Stomach flu” isn’t actually influenza. It’s just what people call a stomach virus. It makes things incredibly confusing when talking about the actual flu. 

It's what I refer to generically as the "puking flu" never to be confused with the real flu. 

A few things: 

There are flu treatments that, if are administered right at the onset of illness, can drastically reduce symptoms and duration of the flu. The CDC lists four medications, I was only familiar with Tamiflu. 

• oseltamivir phosphate (available as a generic version or under the trade name Tamiflu®),
  • zanamivir (trade name Relenza®)
  • peramivir (trade name Rapivab®), and.
  • baloxavir marboxil (trade name Xofluza®)

That these yahoos let everyone in their family suffer is awful. 

Elderberry can certainly be effective against respiratory illnesses.  I was swilling  elderberry products Smabucol syrup and Sambucol lozenges with zinc the first week in March when travelling with my husband who came down with a bad cold on the second day of our car trip  --  same car, same hotel room, same tiny (10 x 10 foot) cabin.  He got sick on a Sunday, spent three days sleeping and finally turned the corner on Day 4.  

I knew it was just a matter of time, but when I did get sick (the day he started feeling better), I had hardly any symptoms and wasn't even really ill.  Here's the science: Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) supplementation effectively treats upper respiratory symptoms: A meta-analysis of randomized, controlled clinical trials

Humans co-evolved with plants and herbs and we eat them every day.  And it's known that a plant-centric diet can be pretty damned healthy.  There's a lot of science about what herbal remedies are effective and in what form and what are not.  It's just important to bypass the woo and educate yourself. 

ETA: Yes, I get an annual flu shot and will never skip it. Also UTD on pneumonia shot and have had the new Shingrix shingles vaccine -- 96% effective.  I'll be first in line for the CV 19 vaccine and if there was an option to be a guinea pig volunteer for CV 19 vaccine clinical trials, ditto. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I worry about her current and inevitable future kids. At the beginning of the year, she posted a bunch of photos from the previous year (one per month) and at least half of them were about how much she struggled with wanting to be a mom, how tedious and irritating she found parenting her kids.

Uh oh, do we have a braggie 2.0?

• Upvote 6

I’m sorry but when fundies talk about Satan and all that they just sound straight up delusional. It amazes me that people just go right along with this kind of talk. If I replaced Satan with an invisible Flying Spaghetti Monster, people would think I had lost it. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8

12 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Uh oh, do we have a braggie 2.0?

Well, at least Kristen has been posting a fair amount about Black Lives Matter, unlike Braggie (though her pictures that basically use African children as props may cancel that out...)

• Upvote 1

Justin and Kristen filmed a video for their church talking about about his alcoholism. Some quick takeaways:

-Justin started drinking his junior year of college, before meeting Kristen.

-They both agree in the video that they were pretty unprepared for marriage.

-By the time he quit drinking, Justin was hiding alcohol all over his house so he'd have easy access to it.

-He was getting blackout drunk every night.

-He cheated on Kristen.

-His rock bottom point was losing his job at Tacos 4 Life.

-He has been sober since November 2017.

-He didn't blame anyone but himself for his addiction in the video, including Satan! Unexpected.

As I've been saying, I think it's very admirable that he quit drinking and I have no desire to snark on his addiction or that he quit. I hope his sobriety lasts and that they don't end up sinking further into fundamentalism in an effort to hold onto it, and that they don't have more kids than they can handle just because Kristen thinks God wants them to.

• Upvote 36

Cheated cheated on her?? Not just lust in his heart? I wonder if she and Anna have connected at all over their wayward philandering husbands. I know josh is in a different category altogether, but public infidelity is pretty rare in fundie circles. 

• Upvote 9

Watched the video too. It seems like Justin is understandably fragile. Alcoholism, depression, getting married and popping out three babies, losing a job he loved, his recent stomach ulcer... That's A LOT to go through in just a few years. 

I really, really hope that he has had and continues to seek some professional help to work through things. Kristen too, especially as they both mentioned several times her anger over the years. Again; a totally understandable emotion, but certainly something that needs to be addressed. Especially considering her recent comments about her 4 year old being difficult and having "anger in his heart". 

It's great that they have a supportive church family, but jesus isn't a one size-fits all blanket bandage.

• Upvote 17

I am actually feeling some empathy for Justin that I rarely feel for a fundie patriarch. It is a lot to go thru, and as others have said I hope they are both getting real help and not slapping a Jesus bandaid on it and that's it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I really, really hope that he has had and continues to seek some professional help to work through things. Kristen too, especially as they both mentioned several times her anger over the years. Again; a totally understandable emotion, but certainly something that needs to be addressed. Especially considering her recent comments about her 4 year old being difficult and having "anger in his heart".

They mentioned that they were getting counseling at the end of the video.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Counselling from where though? Is this a licenced professional™️ or through their church? Because that's going to be a huge difference for all involved. 

Judging from his response in the comments, I doubt he's gone outside of their church for help:

Screenshot_20200613_102120.thumb.jpg.0251ac50dacc736e5b453cdb49691b5c.jpg

He and Kristen are also starting a bead bracelet company. They will give $5 from each bracelet to a worthy cause in their community. At least it's not another podcast...? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200613_102909.thumb.jpg.1a8e5c5c57c69a389d3859ba7f6975ad.jpgScreenshot_20200613_102857.thumb.jpg.f523aa2bd33f2f523e839e590fe408f9.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

36 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

He and Kristen are also starting a bead bracelet company. They will give $5 from each bracelet to a worthy cause in their community. At least it's not another podcast...?

Guess schilling Juice Plus+ didn't work out for her!

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Counselling from where though? Is this a licenced professional™️ or through their church? Because that's going to be a huge difference for all involved. 

Judging from his response in the comments, I doubt he's gone outside of their church for help:

Screenshot_20200613_102120.thumb.jpg.0251ac50dacc736e5b453cdb49691b5c.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200613_102909.thumb.jpg.1a8e5c5c57c69a389d3859ba7f6975ad.jpgScreenshot_20200613_102857.thumb.jpg.f523aa2bd33f2f523e839e590fe408f9.jpg

That kid looks fucking miserable. Might just be the screen shot. But their whole aura is off. No good vibes coming out of there. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

That kid looks fucking miserable.

Agreed. He was on the verge of tears throughout the video and Kristen basically stared at him with that exact same expression. No reassuring hand on his arm or knee. At the beginning he stated that he was anxious to talk about as it brought up a lot of shame and embarrassment. 

@indianabones oh yikes, I missed her mlm journey! She seems like a weird choice for a diet drink? 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

Guess schilling Juice Plus+ didn't work out for her!

Oh I was wondering when a fundie would get into Juice Plus. That’s the cult mlm here.  

• Upvote 1

Maybe it’s great they stay together and expand their family.  Children can be stressful but they might also provide them, and especially Justin, with a great sense of purpose.

BUT... here are my concerns: It cannot be healthy adhering to such a rigid mindset that pushes for early marriage, many children, preferably no birth control at all, and no divorce.

Sometimes, depression and addiction issues can be indicative for the need to change. While I never had substance abuse issues, my mental health struggles definitely meant that I needed to start listening to myself and my wants and needs more. That was also confirmed by the doctors who treated me.

Sadly, I doubt Justin feels free to explore his own wants and needs without looking at everything from a fundy perspective. The same is likely true for Kristen. That might be a recipe for disaster although I wish them - and their children!!!! - the best. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

To me, treating small children as sinners, talking about sin/hellfire/etc. is child abuse.

Yes, 100%! It’s s sick and twisted mindset that misinterprets a baby’s cries or a toddler’s inability to always control his or her emotions as sins. Horrible! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typo...
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I agree 100%! It's a major grievance I have with even more moderate forms of Christianity.  

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Kristen uploaded a picture of her baby having pooped himself in his sleep on IG. I just don't get it, does their children's privacy mean nothing to them? Is a bunch of likes/comments of IG more important to them? Is she just in need of attention/unhappy? Can anyone explain this to me? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Now Kristen's actively reposting conspiracy theories instead of just alluding to them.

Background- people on the Conspiracy subreddit (who apparently are associated with QAnon) decided that the only explanation for exorbitantly priced items on Wayfair is that they're used for child trafficking. Wayfair denies this, Snopes debunked it, but Kristen is convinced that it's true because of Jesus. Or something.

She's been posting a lot of vague-conspiracy stuff lately but this is the first time she's actually given details about it. If you read the comments, her followers are all atwitter about how this is "Just like Pizzagate!" ?

• Upvote 11

Wait, Wayfair has high prices because they traffic or low? I'd guess low (as in they don't make money off the furniture but rather the trafficking) but exorbitant means unreasonably high...

So yes, it is like pizzagate in that it's BS. At last, I agree with Kristen's followers!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Wait, Wayfair has high prices because they traffic or low? I'd guess low (as in they don't make money off the furniture but rather the trafficking) but exorbitant means unreasonably high...

So yes, it is like pizzagate in that it's BS. At last, I agree with Kristen's followers!

Oh no, her followers actually BELIEVE that Pizzagate happened and that it's being covered up by the "librul media".

The prices are high. These people think that if you pay $13,000 for an armoire you're actually ordering a trafficked person.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

So I was highly tipsy last night and my two liberal friends were going on about this. It's all over twitter and I'm just like people, what?!

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic