IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young

Seculardaisy

I take it this means they don't spay or neuter their pets? ?

Well, at least when it comes to neglecting to get preventative medical care she doesn't discriminate by species! 

Screenshot_20200223-002720.png.3451cdcd58c8021985156667a81f6ae9.png

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, indianabones said:

take it this means they don't spay or neuter their pets? ?

And what will they do with the 40 kittens that cat is having in next years?

• Upvote 9

And if she isn’t spaying, does the cat get *any* veterinary care?  If she won’t vaccinate her kids, does she refuse the same for her pets?  

In my state, rabies is mandatory for cats and dogs; my vet can drop me as a client if I refuse it for my pets.  

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

And what will they do with the 40 kittens that cat is having in next years?

Sell them for extra income.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, catlady said:

And if she isn’t spaying, does the cat get *any* veterinary care?  If she won’t vaccinate her kids, does she refuse the same for her pets?  

In my state, rabies is mandatory for cats and dogs; my vet can drop me as a client if I refuse it for my pets.  

Just because an animal isn't altered doesn't mean they're not getting any vet care. I know plenty of people who have responsibly owned intact animals who get wonderful vet care and are under their owners control. My own dog was intact until after her first heat (Which, of course started 48 hours before I went to Vietnam, cause when else would it start?), and my next dog will remain intact, we're going to do agility together and I worry about his joints if he's no, and he'll be that way until I retire him or unless there's some health concern as a cause to neuter. 

However, I doubt Kristen is one of them, and I own dogs. Cats... cats...  to own an intact female cat and not intend to breed is... a fresh kind of hell. They can go into heat at 5 months and will continue to go into heat with increasing frequency until they're bred. I don't know anyone who wasn't intentionally breeding cats who would do that AND be responsible enough to keep the female indoors so they don't get pregnant. Second, well... I mean... look at their history, she doesn't exactly scream responsible pet owner, so I completely doubt the cat is getting vet care. 

Oh I think the vet could absolutely drop her, but I'd mostly be surprised if she had a vet at this point. This cat could've just wandered up to their house, they feed it and take it inside every now and again. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain the recent wedding post on IG to me? Is she making fun of social distancing...? She mentions it in the caption yet she is seen standing very close to people with whom she, I guess, does not share a house.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Can someone explain the recent wedding post on IG to me? Is she making fun of social distancing...? She mentions it in the caption yet she is seen standing very close to people with whom she, I guess, does not share a house.

A couple of weeks ago she was vacation quarantining with friends.

I’m not surprised this ding dong anti-vaxxer isn’t taking social distancing seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Do you know, I was looking at my weird fluffy post-baby hair regrowth in the mirror the other day and thinking... 'how do I hide this? Maybe a... big, stretchy headband would do the trick? One that covers up like half my forehead?'

Have I cracked it?! is this why Kristen wears her weird headband, because she's ALWAYS either losing hair post-partum or dealing with the weird regrowth in an endless cycle? Do all Quiverfull mamas have to deal with this? Does it account for Michelle's mullet?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Screenshot_20200609-124951.png.b780361e448b070056c6bbeec4c64e5e.png

Screenshot_20200609-125133.png.499ba65653b938c5c6abdc53e7e428aa.png

Kristen's husband just posted this on Instagram about their four year old son. Does anyone else here automatically replace "training" and "correction" with "spanking" when they read things like this?

And why not examine exactly why your small child has "anger in his heart" beyond moving straight to "Satan did it"?

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 20
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 5

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20200609-124951.png.b780361e448b070056c6bbeec4c64e5e.png

Screenshot_20200609-125133.png.499ba65653b938c5c6abdc53e7e428aa.png

Kristen's husband just posted this on Instagram about their four year old son. Does anyone else here automatically replace "training" and "correction" with "spanking" when they read things like this?

And why not examine exactly why your small child has "anger in his heart" beyond moving straight to "Satan did it"?

This sounds so wrong and makes me feel truly sad for poor little Brecken.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

So...with my public school math skills, 6570 days divided by 365 days in a year equals 18...so does that mean they are just going to kick the kids out of the house on their 18th birthday, with a likely subpar education and little to no job experience?  Unbelievable.  Sounds like they are counting down the days until they are rid of them.

Let us know how that works out.      

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 16

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

So...with my public school math skills, 6570 days divided by 365 days in a year equals 18...so does that mean they are just going to kick the kids out of the house on their 18th birthday, with a likely subpar education and little to no job experience?  Unbelievable.  Sounds like they are counting down the days until they are rid of them.

I would be very surprised if the Young kids don't end up going to college (or at least to Ouachita Baptist University). That's where Kristen, Justin, and the rest of their family members have all gone.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

This is so depressing. These people need some actual, effective parenting skills that they will never seek out and never get. And I wonder about all the poor beaten fundie kids who may have special needs like ADHD or emotion regulation challenges that their parents may never even know about or acknowledge. It’s all just “satan” while they eff these kids up for life. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

I would be very surprised if the Young kids don't end up going to college (or at least to Ouachita Baptist University). That's where Kristen, Justin, and the rest of their family members have all gone.

Thank you for the additional information.  I did not realize the parents went to college, so that is a good thing.  And the kids will probably have experience working at the family owned taco place too, so they  will have at least some advantage.  But to be counting down the days until they are 18....that just floored me.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

OMG

They have a new baby at home AND are in the middle of a pandemic. Even if they aren't taking social distancing very seriously, routines will have changed a lot for this little boy. OF COURSE he is having behavior stuff going on ??‍♀️ That's not anger in his heart you assholes... IT'S GRIEF. Crack a parenting book. Shit.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Thank you for the additional information.  I did not realize the parents went to college, so that is a good thing.  And the kids will probably have experience working at the family owned taco place too, so they  will have at least some advantage.  But to be counting down the days until they are 18....that just floored me.  

Justin was fired from Tacos for Life because of his alcoholism (he is reportedly sober at the moment). He now works in marketing for a car wash company.

• Thank You 6

44 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Regarding the bolded, it does kind of make sense to me when I take their environment into account.

K and J married young and appear not to prevent pregnancy. They have already undergone some severe addiction issues and marriage struggles simultaneously to growing their family all the while other people their age have some time to think about what they actually want from life. So them being frustrated with their lives and secretly hoping for the whole difficult parenting journey to end isn’t that surprising to me.

All that being said, Kristen and her husband are adults who can be expected to make responsible choices. Birthing children and then not wanting them (I hope I’m exaggerating here) is truly horrific and there’s absolutely ZERO excuse! 

Many fundy families seem moral and nice on first glance, but you only see the abyss of abuse, sadness and oppression when you look deeper. That’s true for the Duggars, the Bateseseseses and likely for the Youngs as well.  

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Justin was fired from Tacos for Life because of his alcoholism (he is reportedly sober at the moment). He now works in marketing for a car wash company.

I hardly know anything about alcohol addiction but does that mean he wasn’t a functioning alcoholic? I mean, I know of people who are alcoholics but they are able to keep their day jobs. So the fact that Justin got fired makes me think his case is especially severe - or am I wrong? 

14 minutes ago, Grace said:

OMG

They have a new baby at home AND are in the middle of a pandemic. Even if they aren't taking social distancing very seriously, routines will have changed a lot for this little boy. OF COURSE he is having behavior stuff going on ??‍♀️ That's not anger in his heart you assholes... IT'S GRIEF. Crack a parenting book. Shit.

One couldn’t have said it any better! You’re absolutely right IMO.

It’s so sad these “meek and humple” people with their “sweet servant’s hearts” cannot even empathize with their own little children! 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I hardly know anything about alcohol addiction but does that mean he wasn’t a functioning alcoholic? I mean, I know of people who are alcoholics but they are able to keep their day jobs. So the fact that Justin got fired makes me think his case is especially severe - or am I wrong? 

No idea, all I know is from a podcast Kristen did where she mentioned Justin's drinking problem and how he was fired from his job because of it. No more details than that, it was mostly about her relationship with Jesus throughout their struggles. Justin also posted about his one year of sobriety on Instagram. I admire that he was able to quit drinking and don't really think the specifics of his addiction matter in this case.

• Upvote 2

For some reason I always thought they were the owners of tacos4life. From the sounds of it I was wrong(?)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

18 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Actually, even 4 or 5 days before the birthday because of leap years ?

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Haha 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic