IGNORED

Kristen Nicole Young

Seculardaisy

13 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm curious as to why you see Justin as victim.  I think he's just as responsible as his wife and probably agrees on her on almost everything. 

I’m just guessing and don’t have medical training, so might well be off. So keep that in mind. 

However, when Justin recently discussed his alcohol addiction, cheating, and job loss on Kristen’s Instagram, for instance, he referenced that he struggled with self worth since his youth, and he also vaguely alluded to things that happened during his teenage years and that he suffered from, etc. So his problems are rooted deeply. Yet according to him, when his alcohol addiction spiraled out of control during his first few years of marriage, he then apparently found Christ and turned things around. This - his turn to faith - seems to be what Kristen expected from him, too, so I wonder how much he “found god” and how much he did to keep his family together and please his wife after he had “messed up”. (I put messed up in quotation marks because an addiction is an illness and I don’t know how responsible I can hold him for hiding alcohol, losing his job, etc.) 

But from watching the video, my impression was that he still has a lot of underlying issues that he hasn’t dealt with. He needs actual help and support, not a dive into Christianity. Yes, faith can help during difficult times and I don’t say he should turn his back on his beliefs, but he should also be aware that Jesus doesn’t magically heal him.

Lastly, I do wonder whether Justin’s annual emergency hospitalizations might be psychosomatic, at least to some extend. From the recent Instagram post, he did seem in emotional pain and not like someone who overcame an addiction and is emotionally and physically healthy.  

ETA: So... The reason I think Justin might also be a victim (additionally to being an abuser) is that his current spiritual journey might be rather forced. Also, he might hope for healing through faith, but I doubt that works long term. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

I’m just guessing and don’t have medical training, so might well be off. So keep that in mind. 

However, when Justin recently discussed his alcohol addiction, cheating, and job loss on Kristen’s Instagram, for instance, he referenced that he struggled with self worth since his youth, and he also vaguely alluded to things that happened during his teenage years and that he suffered from, etc. So his problems are rooted deeply. Yet according to him, when his alcohol addiction spiraled out of control during his first few years of marriage, he then apparently found Christ and turned things around. This - his turn to faith - seems to be what Kristen expected from him, too, so I wonder how much he “found god” and how much he did to keep his family together and please his wife after he had “messed up”. (I put messed up in quotation marks because an addiction is an illness and I don’t know how responsible I can hold him for hiding alcohol, losing his job, etc.) 

But from watching the video, my impression was that he still has a lot of underlying issues that he hasn’t dealt with. He needs actual help and support, not a dive into Christianity. Yes, faith can help during difficult times and I don’t say he should turn his back on his beliefs, but he should also be aware that Jesus doesn’t magically heal him.

Lastly, I do wonder whether Justin’s annual emergency hospitalizations might be psychosomatic, at least to some extend. From the recent Instagram post, he did seem in emotional pain and not like someone who overcame an addiction and is emotionally and physically healthy.  

Okay. I get the sense that like most fundie women Kristen is really devoted to Justin and would be okay with him getting help if he felt he needed it. I don't think she is abusive or cruel toward her husband. 

As for his hospilizations, he's been in the hospital a few times. His last trip to hospital was caused by an inguinal hernia and appendicitis. Neither the hernia nor appendicitis would be caused by stress.  Some people just get sick. 

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Okay. I get the sense that like most fundie women Kristen is really devoted to Justin and would be okay with him getting help if he felt he needed it. I don't think she is abusive or cruel toward her husband. 

I’m not sure how Kristen behaves towards her husband. I rather imagine she’s very passive aggressive, never letting him forget what he did. His videos on her Instagram seem like a form of public humiliation coated as some sort of testimony. But all the while he’s talking, she only sits and glares at him, there doesn’t seem to be any comforting word our loving gesture from her. 

And I kinda think Kristen wants to see Jesus as the cure and might not be overly happy with actually licensed professionals getting involved. That’s my gut feeling, not fact, though. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Or they stem from being a heavy drinker...

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Or they stem from being a heavy drinker...

Yeah...I hate to say it but every time he winds up in the hospital I assume the worst.  His last stint was right before the election, I think she’s redirecting all her dismay and frustration with him into her over the top reaction to Trump’s loss. 

• Upvote 8

Now her IG stories are about a recent criminal put to death and the death penalty in general. Now I don’t know this particular case and he does sound, on paper, like a terrible person, but how can Christians believe it is in their right to judge a person and condemn them to death? I thought god was about forgiveness and repentance? 

I am a secular Jew but I wouldn’t feel comfortable condemning another person to death, yet Kristen feels like she is able to as a Christian. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Well in her branch of Christianity it is all about law and order and death penalty seems to be a huge part of it. The other things her faith is based upon are probably racism, white supremcy, penis-worshipping and so on.
The good news of the gospel unfortunately is completely lost to them which really enrages me a lot.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

I don't feel comfortable with it as an atheist because despite my lack of religious moral compass i still think killing is wrong.

Wonder which is worse? Not a Christian or an unbelievable hypocrite.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Well in her branch of Christianity it is all about law and order and death penalty seems to be a huge part of it. The other things her faith is based upon are probably racism, white supremcy, penis-worshipping and so on.
The good news of the gospel unfortunately is completely lost to them which really enrages me a lot.

Yeah, they are all about law and order until someone on their side crosses state lines illegally with an assault rifle, stays out past the legal curfew, and murders two people. Then they become a hero. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1

Another day, another post, puzzles me how she manages to make time as a mother of three young children to make these weird videos (latest post- video):

Spoiler

39041682_Screenshot2020-11-25at22_03_18.thumb.png.5011be2559ebe80cad77110643908f3f.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

She really has lost it. Also, I’m surprised a fundie was allowed to be an emo kid listening to “hardcore punk”? She strikes me as a lost tortured soul. Instead of finding her way out of the cult, she is doubling down, to her own detriment. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Johannah said:

She really has lost it. Also, I’m surprised a fundie was allowed to be an emo kid listening to “hardcore punk”? She strikes me as a lost tortured soul. Instead of finding her way out of the cult, she is doubling down, to her own detriment. 

She grew up conservative Christian, not fundie. She and her husband have been noticeably drifting towards fundamentalism since they started having kids.

Kristen used to be a cheerleader, and that didn't really mesh with the emo scene, so I think this is just another thing she's playing up for her videos. She is trying VERY hard to go viral.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, indianabones said:

She grew up conservative Christian, not fundie. She and her husband have been noticeably drifting towards fundamentalism since they started having kids.

Kristen used to be a cheerleader, and that didn't really mesh with the emo scene, so I think this is just another thing she's playing up for her videos. She is trying VERY hard to go viral.

She strikes me as a major attention seeker!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I would def not classify her growing up as a fundamental Christian. Her father pastored a mega church in Hot Springs, Arkansas for many years. Their services remind me of Mercy Church the Dillards are associated with.

a few years ago her Dad resigned(I believe they now attend the same church she does). It seems since resigning, he and his wife are perhaps even more conservative. They have a page on FB where they post and the few times I have looked at it, it was very “preparing for Gods soon return). 

Honestly, I find Kristen annoying but she’s still very much trying to find her “way” in this world. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Arkfundy said:

Their services remind me of Mercy Church the Dillards are associated with.

Which Dillards are associated with Mercy Church and since when?  I'm curious because Derick and Jill and Cathy usually attended Cross Church.  Did they switch since March?

• I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Which Dillards are associated with Mercy Church and since when?  I'm curious because Derick and Jill and Cathy usually attended Cross Church.  Did they switch since March? 

I meant Cross Church (mom brain)..Mercy Is the local hospital. I was picturing their church in my mind, but obviously it didn’t reach my fingertips. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Kristen posted that she is taking a break from social media or at least from her insta. She might still be active on Parler and FB. Good for her although I doubt that we will see a change in her views when she returns. I also don't think that this will be a long break. She just needs the attention so badly and loves to preach her vile lies.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

On 11/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, ophelia said:

Kristen posted that she is taking a break from social media or at least from her insta. She might still be active on Parler and FB. Good for her although I doubt that we will see a change in her views when she returns. I also don't think that this will be a long break. She just needs the attention so badly and loves to preach her vile lies.

She lasted two days lol:

Spoiler

837533637_Screenshot2020-12-02at17_54_04.thumb.png.342cab8a279df6585daa66845e03cee3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

I knew she wouldn’t last because her only apparent happiness comes from social media validation. Interesting that she can’t even stay off social media when she says that God told her to. I wonder how many people got COVID from her thanksgiving party. 

• Upvote 5

That's what I expected. Maybe she got some negative feedback on her IG posts about Thanksgiving and now needs that cozy feeling of her right wing echo chamber on Parler.

• Upvote 7

Her husband just posted that they’ve been giving the kids...and each other “kindness sticks”. Uh why do Christians need incentive to be kind? (I’m specifically looking at the adults not the toddlers) Especially to their own spouse?!

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic