IGNORED

Maxwell 35: Choosing The Right Vest For an Extended Family Member

Coconut Flan

SPHASH
1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Well this is interesting and I'm not sure we've talked about it:

On their Events page, the Maxwells say they are going to be in Dornbirn, Vorarlburg, Austria, at the end of August for a Family Conference. Does anyone know more about this, or what might be in Dornbirn that would attract the Maxwells? An overseas trip seems a lot for them. 

Griselda Teri was gifted a cherry stoner from an Austrian woman.  https://blog.titus2.com/2018/07/06/cherry-stoning/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNameIsBuffy

• JermajestyDuggar

• Giraffe

• PennySycamore

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to majorly crop the pic so it’s pretty grainy. 

Some of us have tried that and failed miserably.  I'm glad you have a happy marriage, but for those of us who didn't being in a bad marriage is far worse than being alone could ever be. Not direc

I thought I would let you all know I adopted a cat from the shelter today. And he’s Arnold Maxwell’s twin. I’m a sucker for a brown tabby. They are just so damn handsome. He’s an absolute sweetheart t

Posted Images

mango_fandango

They’ve changed the About page. Now the unmarried kids are listed first, then the married ones. Sections include info about the latest blessings and Anna Marie’s cancer. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
11 hours ago, anjulibai said:

On their Events page, the Maxwells say they are going to be in Dornbirn, Vorarlburg, Austria, at the end of August for a Family Conference. Does anyone know more about this, or what might be in Dornbirn that would attract the Maxwells? An overseas trip seems a lot for them. 

http://homeschoolers.at/print/homeschooling-seminar/familienkonferenz-2020-in-dornbirn.html

From the website:

The Austrian association 'Homeschoolers.at - Education at Home' is organizing an international conference for Christian families. The location is Dornbirn (Vorarlberg) in Western Austria, and therefore reachable for visitors from Germany, Switzerland and France.

... wonder how much they'll cry persecution about the fact that homeschooling is prohibited in Germany...

(which was just my luck, otherwise I might have ended up under- and mis-educated like so many homeschooled fundie-kids... basically it was the public school system that helped me to develop critical thinking skills and such, it was my exit ticket out of the fundie-world and my entry ticket into Unversity. So I never had to rely on a husband to provide for me financially (whithout having chosen to do so) and have always been able to support myself financially. Breaking free from fundie-dom was still diffcult, but at least I didn't have to worry about how to earn a living since I had marketable life skills and was able to function in the secular world. So yes, I am very, very thankful for the public school system...) 

...also wondering whether the Maxwells have identified a new target group in Europe? I hope not...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7
MamaJunebug
15 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I wasn't pleased, in one of the trailers,  to see Bill Nighy as Mr Woodhouse jump down a stair.  It sees so very out-of-character. I'll need to see the film to see if I saw correctly.  The New Yorker review liked the portrayal of Harriet Smith.  

I posted the “confused” emoji not at you but at the reviewers who like the trailers. They make me livid! Miss Bates was not a Screaming Mimi, she was used to talking overly loud because of her hearing-impaired (and possibly stubborn) mother.  I haven’t observed Jumping Woodhouse but I clutch pearls at the thought. 

Was it Mark Strong who DESTROYED Knightley  in a more recent version?  I’m with she who said her BBC version was her go-to. 

BBC & Clueless. Nobody's gonna do it better. Just a fact. 🤨 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
erunerune
44 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I posted the “confused” emoji not at you but at the reviewers who like the trailers. They make me livid! Miss Bates was not a Screaming Mimi, she was used to talking overly loud because of her hearing-impaired (and possibly stubborn) mother.  I haven’t observed Jumping Woodhouse but I clutch pearls at the thought. 

Was it Mark Strong who DESTROYED Knightley  in a more recent version?  I’m with she who said her BBC version was her go-to. 

BBC & Clueless. Nobody's gonna do it better. Just a fact. 🤨 😉

I saw Emma in limited release yesterday morning and really enjoyed it. There were two ladies barking with laughter behind me throughout the entire thing tho which I thought a tad extra. The comedic aspects were fairly exaggerated.

• Upvote 2
HereticHick
15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Griselda Teri was gifted a cherry stoner from an Austrian woman.  https://blog.titus2.com/2018/07/06/cherry-stoning/

I've always been inclined to believe that this Austrian female gifter of small kitchen gadgets was imaginary, but perhaps I she shall be revealed.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Giraffe
33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I've always been inclined to believe that this Austrian female gifter of small kitchen gadgets was imaginary, but perhaps I she shall be revealed.

You might even see her! Could be who they’ll be staying with while they’re there. For the record, I’ve assumed there was a 50% chance the person didn’t exist, either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
fundiefan
19 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Well this is interesting and I'm not sure we've talked about it:

Well, the dog & pony show dried up in the US a couple of years ago. It's either get over himself and go abroad, or find another way to make a living. 

Austria isn't exactly a hotbed of fundie-ism. Isn't it mostly Catholic, as far as religion even goes?

• Upvote 4
mango_fandango

Oh Rufus, they’re coming to Europe. Not the U.K., thank Jeebus, but Europe is bad enough. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic