IGNORED

Maxwell 35: Choosing The Right Vest For an Extended Family Member

Coconut Flan

I'm just glad Anna seems to be following directives from the doctor and no one else. No "god will solve this so I don't have to be careful with my arm" or "Simon Peter (don't forget to use both names) is my responsibility so I have to feed him, even if I'm not supposed to" or any other BS. 

Whatever the reason for following medical directives - since I know in Maxhell that goes against their beliefs regarding who is the most powerful of all - I am glad to know she is putting her health & recovery first. 

• Upvote 17

It's good to hear she might have gone to one of these very good, very well known hospitals that you've all mentioned.  I'm a little more hopeful now.

• Upvote 3

I thought I would let you all know I adopted a cat from the shelter today. And he’s Arnold Maxwell’s twin. I’m a sucker for a brown tabby. They are just so damn handsome. He’s an absolute sweetheart too. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 29

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought I would let you all know I adopted a cat from the shelter today. And he’s Arnold Maxwell’s twin. I’m a sucker for a brown tabby. They are just so damn handsome. He’s an absolute sweetheart too. 

Pictures or it didn’t happen ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Pictures or it didn’t happen ?

I had to majorly crop the pic so it’s pretty grainy. 

52A9E09E-6A9A-4158-BCB9-93FC3EB64837.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 36

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'm just glad Anna seems to be following directives from the doctor and no one else. No "god will solve this so I don't have to be careful with my arm" or "Simon Peter (don't forget to use both names) is my responsibility so I have to feed him, even if I'm not supposed to" or any other BS. 

Whatever the reason for following medical directives - since I know in Maxhell that goes against their beliefs regarding who is the most powerful of all - I am glad to know she is putting her health & recovery first. 

I don’t really think the Maxwells are the type not to trust medical science. Teri and Steve both have undergrad degrees in the sciences. I have no doubt they will get proper medical care.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

The photo with the Statue of Liberty in the background looks l Ike it was taken from the Battery or thereabouts, given their distance from it. You can see an industrial area in the background which is probably on the Jersey side. Not sure where that beach is but if anything it looks like a South Shore beach. I only know of one North Shore beach (Sunken Meadow)  with that expanse of sand. I can’t imagine why they’d go for treatment on Long Island when you’ve got some of the best hospitals in the country in NYC and NJ.

Wherever they went, I hope they have good news for her.

• Upvote 6

The Maxwells need to stop wrapping the babies in cheesecloth. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, it makes the baby look like a big toe wrapped in a bandage. They make baby blankets to wrap babies in. Cheesecloth is for cheese and crafting and all sorts of things but not. Babies.

sheesh.

rant over.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

The Maxwells need to stop wrapping the babies in cheesecloth. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, it makes the baby look like a big toe wrapped in a bandage. They make baby blankets to wrap babies in. Cheesecloth is for cheese and crafting and all sorts of things but not. Babies.

sheesh.

rant over.

A lot of "newborn photographers" use it. I've seen it so much over the years - along with the fluffy nest poses, big head bows, scrunched up face on hands sleeping, etc. OK, I admit, I am absolutely and totally not a fan of the newborn photography at all. I don't like posed babies. I don't like the template they all seem to use. I love baby pictures and even professional ones, but I want to see the baby, not the creative way someone poses them or the props or them wrapped up like cocoons. 

In a Pinterest world, I am definitely a naysayer. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Brown tabbies are my favorites too. Tuxedo and Creamsicle cats have the most quirky personalities, but tabbies are true sweethearts.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

A lot of "newborn photographers" use it. I've seen it so much over the years - along with the fluffy nest poses, big head bows, scrunched up face on hands sleeping, etc. OK, I admit, I am absolutely and totally not a fan of the newborn photography at all. I don't like posed babies. I don't like the template they all seem to use. I love baby pictures and even professional ones, but I want to see the baby, not the creative way someone poses them or the props or them wrapped up like cocoons. 

In a Pinterest world, I am definitely a naysayer. 

Me too. Although Holland Paine doubling as a some sort of floral centerpiece is a personal fave of mine. I hate-love it:  

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Me too. Although Holland Paine doubling as a some sort of floral centerpiece is a personal fave of mine. I hate-love it:  

Oh that makes me nervous just looking at it!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh that makes me nervous just looking at it!

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Brown tabbies are my favorites too. Tuxedo and Creamsicle cats have the most quirky personalities, but tabbies are true sweethearts.

Yes! Our tabby is the most loving kitty we’ve ever had. She is just all about cuddles and purrs. Our tuxedo cat is so SO goofy. He makes us laugh every day. 
@JermajestyDuggar your new furry friend is SOOOOO beautiful. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Saw the pics of Caleb and family and wow...Elissa bears a striking resemblance to Edith Frank. 

And Calia is the spitting image of Joseph (who looks so much like John to me I can't tell them apart except by their families.)

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Saw the pics of Caleb and family and wow...Elissa bears a striking resemblance to Edith Frank. 

And Calia is the spitting image of Joseph (who looks so much like John to me I can't tell them apart except by their families.)

I was thinking that the Maxwell genes are strong in those kids. I don’t see Elisa in any of them.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So is this baby a girl?  Because I can’t tell........

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

When Baby Pearl was a few weeks old, we brought her to a photographer and yes, she was wrapped in a cheese cloth like thing for some of the pics. It's not something I'd ever wrap a child in for any other reason and I have no idea what started the trend, but they are treasured photos for me. I just love them even more as time goes by. I appreciated so much as a tired new mom that I didn't have to think about it. They just had these things they wrap babies in to keep them swaddled and cozy during photos and they came out great. I felt oddly taken care of at a vulnerable time. I wasn't the type to have planned ahead and ordered my own off Etsy or anything. I appreciated the tiniest gestures in the fourth trimester.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I was thinking that the Maxwell genes are strong in those kids. I don’t see Elisa in any of them.

In contrast to Chris and Anna's kids who all look like mini-Annas. Which, I have to say, is a Good Thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 2/24/2020 at 8:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

had to majorly crop the pic so it’s pretty grainy. 

Such a handsome boy!  He has "the necklace", as we refer to that black stripe perfectly around the neck.  Our little tabby girl has one too.  ❤️ 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic