IGNORED

Anna Marie has Breast Cancer

deborahlynn1979

16 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I love Ruthanne (?? the girl with pink glasses). She looks LESS than thrilled with Simon. She must be fed up of babieeezzzz. 

I thought that, too. No matter what it looks like on the outside, Chris & Anna’s kids are still expected to play their roles, and I doubt they get there by gentle, non-spanking parenting. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:49 AM, Giraffe said:

Who am I kidding? Didn’t change Steviepoo’s mind when he had his heart attack, so I don’t expect this to, either. 

Didn't Steve take Medicare when he turned 65?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I can imagine Teri and Steve doing mental gymnastics to aprove *ungodly* medical treatments (minus abortion I suppose), if life is endangered. Chris and Anna are into the cult but children need a mother, so I wonder if flexibility will play a role.

They're about the most inflexible fundies I can think of in a situation where I believe they need to chuck their schedules, do some solid research (and compare it to the advice they're getting), then choose the best chance for Anna's prolonged longevity over her reproductive/nursing body parts.  They might be concerned about potentially massive debt, which would be understandable.  Perhaps they're viewing the situation as a test of faith or discernment of what the Lord really wants and it's proving time-consuming to figure out what that is.  Or maybe they've gotten so much advice that they're finding it hard to "bound the problem".

I hope Anna is enjoying Simon and her other children and that a decision will be made to best protect those relationships.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Didn't Steve take Medicare when he turned 65?

Interesting. Wonder why Medicare is acceptable*, but other real insurance isn’t. 

*if he did take it

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Is it just me, or does the youngest (adorable!!!) girl have a lazy eye?

I don’t know. A number of the grands have received treatment for it over the last year, though.  

• I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Interesting. Wonder why Medicare is acceptable*, but other real insurance isn’t. 

*if he did take it

He had mentioned before he and Teri don't qualify for Samaritan as they had pre-existing conditions (another reason to get real insurance), so I'm gonna assume at their age they're getting Medicare.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

They're about the most inflexible fundies I can think of in a situation where I believe they need to chuck their schedules, do some solid research (and compare it to the advice they're getting), then choose the best chance for Anna's prolonged longevity over her reproductive/nursing body parts.  They might be concerned about potentially massive debt, which would be understandable.  Perhaps they're viewing the situation as a test of faith or discernment of what the Lord really wants and it's proving time-consuming to figure out what that is.  Or maybe they've gotten so much advice that they're finding it hard to "bound the problem".

I hope Anna is enjoying Simon and her other children and that a decision will be made to best protect those relationships.

I haven't read anything about Anna Marie being tested for the BRACA 1 or 2 genes.  This test is  crucial for determining the next steps in her treatment.  Unfortunately, if AM tests positive,  I expect the resulting treatment choices would be exceedingly difficult for Steve & Christopher.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

He had mentioned before he and Teri don't qualify for Samaritan as they had pre-existing conditions (another reason to get real insurance), so I'm gonna assume at their age they're getting Medicare.

I do wonder if Steve and Teri are getting Medicare supplement insurance.  

• I Agree 4

On 1/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, courtlylove said:

I can't recall anyone being aghast at well wishes for Anna Marie and her family in relation to her health diagnosis. People have unanimously identified that they're sorry they are having to go through this, as no-one deserves cancer. It's their distasteful beliefs about abortion, gays and the role of women that make them unlikeable.

I guess I can put it out there now that MaggieMae has been exposed. Her post is the one I was referring to. It’s easy to read between the lines with what she was saying.

She was indeed aghast, but I didn’t want to cause a fuss by drawing attention to what she very carefully chose not to say.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, adidas said:

I guess I can put it out there now that MaggieMae has been exposed. Her post is the one I was referring to. It’s easy to read between the lines with what she was saying.

She was indeed aghast, but I didn’t want to cause a fuss by drawing attention to what she very carefully chose not to say.

I'm trying to remember the post you're referring to but I'm drawing a blank. Feel free to PM me if that's better than dragging it out here.

• I Agree 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, Bethy said:

I'm trying to remember the post you're referring to but I'm drawing a blank. Feel free to PM me if that's better than dragging it out here.

There is a similar post still here (it’s very tame) but I can’t seem to find the original. I’m not sure if/how she changed it (I can’t see that her posts have been edited).

It was along the lines of ‘cancer sucks but I can’t believe people feel sorry for this Trump voting doormat’. Like I said - similar to the post that’s still here, but it had a much different undertone. I’ll look again later.

I'm guessing this is the post being referred to:

• Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I agreed with her point then and I still do.  

• I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

No, it is not. As I explained above. 

Perhaps she cross referenced the topic on another thread - the post here has not been edited, so it is definitely not the one I was referring to. I’ll have a look at the other Maxwell threads to see if I can find it. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, adidas said:

No, it is not. As I explained above. 

Perhaps she cross referenced the topic on another thread - the post here has not been edited, so it is definitely not the one I was referring to. I’ll have a look at the other Maxwell threads to see if I can find it. 

My apologies.  I didn't read the whole exchange but had noticed that post recently and jumped to a conclusion .  Again, my apologies.

• Love 2

@church_of_dog No worries at all - I can understand why you would have thought it was the one in question.

Anyway. I can’t find the other post. I don’t think it was on another Maxwell thread - I’m fairly sure the post quoted above was made, then she came back with a more harsh post later. But I can’t find that harsh post anywhere. I wouldn’t have referred to it if it hadn’t been made though, so I’m really confused.

• Thank You 1

I’ve been blissfully unaware of the sock sitch ‘til recently, but something that MaggieMae wrote in a post noted above resonates with me. 

Something to the effect of Anna Marie smiling a lot - and thereby gaining a soft spot in some FJ’ers otherwise hard Hearts.

My comment: Point taken. AM is smiling in most photos.  As are her sons. As at least one of her daughters almost never is. Coincidence? 

My point:  I imagine her daughter-training is more severe than her son-training. 

And yet:  There’s the distinct possibility that the older girls (oldest girl) are just not a smiley child.

TL,DR - I wish only the best for AM’s future. But I now believe I’ve been taken in by her constant smiles.   FWIW.  (Which is: null) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I was pleased that it looked like AM had a hospital delivery. I could be wrong. I truly hope they have real health insurance and will see real doctors. All those children need a mother. The nice thing is, in the end Steve truly has no say in what is done to treat her.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I was pleased that it looked like AM had a hospital delivery. I could be wrong. I truly hope they have real health insurance and will see real doctors. All those children need a mother. The nice thing is, in the end Steve truly has no say in what is done to treat her.

They definitely do not have real health insurance.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

TL,DR - I wish only the best for AM’s future. But I now believe I’ve been taken in by her constant smiles.   FWIW.  (Which is: null) 

I have no doubt that her views are as noxious as the rest of the family's, but she does seem more genuinely happy than they do.  She could be faking it, but I suspect it's real.  So I give her points, or fewer negative points, for lack of hypocrisy.  At the same time, I think she probably believes I'm headed for hell (I'm non-fake Jewish) and deserve it, and would vote to take some of my rights away in a heartbeat.  We would probably not be pals in "real life".

So I hope they can figure out and pay for some sensible treatment, in time for it to help, but I have no more sympathy for her than I would for most other folks with cancer.  I do have sympathy for her kids, who are probably expected to keep smiling and pray hard even - or especially - if they're really frightened.

• Upvote 4

On 1/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, SoSoNosy said:

Is it just me, or does the youngest (adorable!!!) girl have a lazy eye?

I’ve noticed Elizabeth squinting like that in a number of posts. I never really noticed it with Ruthanne or Bethany (the ones who’ve done patching), so I guess Elizabeth will be doing patching at some point in the future. At least they go for regular healthcare (as in, they don’t rely on essential oils) so I’m guessing they’re keeping an eye on it with the ophthalmologist (apologies if that’s the wrong term!)

• Upvote 2

@mango_fandango, ophthalmologist is the correct term.  S/he can perform surgery and is to the go-to for more complicated eye problems.  Optometrists can examine your eyes and prescribe corrective lenses including fitting contacts.  They refer to an ophthalmologist when needed.  Since my brother had such bad vision and badly crossed eyes when we were little, we always went to the ophthalmologist  growing up.  Pat was wearing glasses by the time he was six months old and had his first corrective surgery when he was five years old.  It just about broke my mom's heart when those first glasses broke.  They had strings attached to tie them on.  

• Thank You 1
  • Love 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic