IGNORED

Anna Marie has Breast Cancer

deborahlynn1979

I really like the name Matthew, and we might have used that name for our son had one of my husband’s brothers not already used the name for his son. But, Matthew Maxwell is right up there with Axton Maxwell in the does not roll well off the tongue department.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I agree that David is a good guess. Matthew’s a great name but my guess is since their other boys have OT names they’ll stick with an OT name. 

• Upvote 4

I think it'll be from a book of the Old Testament, like with Joshua and Daniel. Maybe Samuel or Joel or Isaiah. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 2

They could name him Wade ( as in Roe vs. )

Edited by griffin
i hit "post" too soon
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I really like the name Matthew, and we might have used that name for our son had one of my husband’s brothers not already used the name for his son. But, Matthew Maxwell is right up there with Axton Maxwell in the does not roll well off the tongue department.

So,,,, at long last, we’d have Matt Max?

if only I could photoshop the Chris Maxwell clan into one those road-warrior machines from the movie franchise....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

10 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think it'll be from a book of the Old Testament, like with Joshua and Daniel. Maybe Samuel or Joel or Isaiah. 

Samuel or Joel would be good, almost secular sounding. Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekial, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk (please god, not that one), Zephaniah (ditto), oh, man, it just keeps getting worse (FTR I am remembering these names by singing the old Sunday School song that starts, "Come let us Christians try to tell, The books of the bible we love so well" oh well, I'm almost done, so Haggai, Zacharia, Malachi.

• Upvote 5

Glad the baby is healthy. Hopefully, it was an easy enough birth that they can quickly proceed with cancer treatment. 

I hope beyond hope that baby boy gets to grow up with his mother. He deserves their absolute best efforts, not mediocre care that relies on their god making things good for them. He deserves a healthy, in tact family, that sees parenting their six children as the most important thing in the world arather than playing religious roulette with mommy's life. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Samuel or Joel would be good, almost secular sounding. Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekial, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk (please god, not that one), Zephaniah (ditto), oh, man, it just keeps getting worse (FTR I am remembering these names by singing the old Sunday School song that starts, "Come let us Christians try to tell, The books of the bible we love so well" oh well, I'm almost done, so Haggai, Zacharia, Malachi.

LOL, yeah, there are some bad ones. I think Isaiah and Micah, though, are common enough, that they could be in the mix. They could use Zachary instead of Zechariah and Jeremy instead of Jeremiah. 

I am super curious where they will go, though. I don't think we'll find out until tomorrow, though, since they already have a post today (Sarah's birthday) and they don't like to post more than once on a day, generally. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder whether and how much their choice of medical professionals depends upon religious beliefs.

I’m sure it does. I think it’s a big part in any medical professional they may use. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

@Dandruff and @Jana814,  well, I'm glad that my daughter didn't care whether or not her neurosurgeon was a Christian when she needed brain surgery for her brain tumor two years ago.  Not only was her surgeon at Duke Jewish, but so was the husband of a colleague who reviewed Mary's MRI's gratis to help my daughter and her husband decided on the best course of action.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

16 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

Probably not Adam.  That's a very firstborn son's name.

I dunno, my cousin Adam is a middle kid.

• Upvote 2

My Clubs

Adam Maxwell flows well, as do David and Jacob Maxwell, but I’d wonder if they’d do a repeat first letter, making one brother odd first initial out? I love the name Samuel too, but it seems a mouthful when paired with Maxwell. 

I am happy this baby is a boy. 3 sons and 3 daughters, what a nice balanced and even family.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Worked for me for years! I can't remember taking a shower from May to September when I was a kid. Hell, I was in the pool every day, multiple times a day. Now I only shower when the cats hiss at my slippers...evidently mama's feet are starting to stink. The rest is all details. If you want to waste soap, water, shampoo, conditioner every day, have at it...I prefer to be thrifty. 

One summer day many, many years ago, I noticed that my little sister was wearing heavy wool socks with her sneakers.  When I asked her why, she told me that her feet would sweat so she wouldn't have to wash them.

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

One summer day many, many years ago, I noticed that my little sister was wearing heavy wool socks with her sneakers.  When I asked her why, she told me that her feet would sweat so she wouldn't have to wash them.

Were they . . . black socks?

• Upvote 2

I’m really hoping Chelsy or Elissa has a girl and names her Stevia. 

It’s so stupid but this made me howl [emoji23]d20fb0ad56b2d7e6eb55726c6405cd2d.jpg
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

There's a big road race in my town that has a lot of native African runners among the leaders, and the men often have those relatively obscure Old Testament names.  They're mostly from Kenya and Ethiopia.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

So,,,, at long last, we’d have Matt Max?

Maddox Maxwell? I'm Australian so my mind goes straight to Mad Max..........

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Simon Peter Maxwell. 6 lbs, 15 ounces. 19.5 inches long, born at 8:48pm on the 18th. Surgical consult for Anna on the 29th to determine future medical needs. 

Edited by Giraffe
Adding details
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 2

I like the name - Simon Peter is very NT and matches well with their other boys.

I genuinely hope all goes well with the surgery consult. I just can’t hope for anything but full health for a new mother. I know others are aghast at the well wishes being offered their way - I too struggle with their doctrine and way of life. But my heart hurts for this family. I don’t agree with them but I am praying for them.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9

19 minutes ago, adidas said:

I know others are aghast at the well wishes being offered their way

I can't recall anyone being aghast at well wishes for Anna Marie and her family in relation to her health diagnosis. People have unanimously identified that they're sorry they are having to go through this, as no-one deserves cancer. It's their distasteful beliefs about abortion, gays and the role of women that make them unlikeable.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I like the name.  I have to give them credit that none of the Maxwells go obscurely religious when naming their children. 

And little Simon shares my birthday!

• Upvote 1

Not particularly fond of Simon, but it's okay. I think Peter would have been better, but oh well. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic