IGNORED

Anna Marie has Breast Cancer

deborahlynn1979

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

I’m just curious - why so frequently? My dentist cleans mine every six months. Why waste time brushing more? As for bathing, isn’t occasionally just the best?! Personally I fee quite accomplished when I see a good, thick ring of grime around the tub when I get out. Anything more frequently is just wasteful imo. 

You’ve convinced me! I now see the error of my wasteful ways. Also, soap is highly overrated, is it not? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

47 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Shouldn't she have had the baby by now? I hope everything is alright.

Entirely possible baby’s been born but they haven’t announced yet. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Also, soap is highly overrated, is it not? 

You’ve been wasting money on SOAP?!? Are you KIDDING ME?!?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13

Swimming everyday is the same as a shower, right? The salt water and sand will just rub anything gross off, and in town, the chlorine kills bacteria and viruses. No reason to waste water on me!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Swimming everyday is the same as a shower, right? The salt water and sand will just rub anything gross off, and in town, the chlorine kills bacteria and viruses. No reason to waste water on me!

100%

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

It can take up to two days or even three for an induction especially an early one when the cervix isn't ripe.  The timing can depend on on many factors including things like having a vacant room in L&D, the doctor's schedule, the parents' wishes, and over all that the response of her body.

I hope she's able to go into labor and all goes well. My sister was induced and never did go into labor. After two full days and nothing, they ended up doing a c-section. Hoping that's not going to happen to Anna. Truly hope that she has the baby today or by tomorrow at the latest and of course that she and the baby will be okay. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

You’ve convinced me! I now see the error of my wasteful ways. Also, soap is highly overrated, is it not? 

MUST have soap, how can you even ask that?

Oh wait, I thought you said soup.  SOUP = essential.  Soap not so much.  My bad.  Carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

A friend just was induced, labored and still needed a c-section. She then hemorrhaged. High blood pressure and maternal diabetes were the indicators here. She and babe bith are fine now. But induced labor is not always automatic.  

ETA: Rich Girl Red nail polish. Real  or imaginary? 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 3

I really hope she has the baby and doesn’t need a c-section.  I’ve never had a c-section but it is major surgery and if she also needs additional surgery, I just cannot imagine how much that stress takes on a body.  Delivering vaginally is enough stress without the body needing to heal a surgical wound. 

• Upvote 4

Baby Boy Maxwell is here, apparently. No details but he and NR Anna are doing ok apparently. I'm guessing we'll get a name in a day or two. So glad it's a boy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

55 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It’s a boy. No name as of yet.

I hope they don't punish the poor kid for the circumstances surrounding his birth with some unfortunate name. Ichabod Jabez or something like that (Ichabod means "the glory has departed" and Jabez can mean "sorrow" in case you were picturing some guy getting chased down by a headless horseman.)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Worked for me for years! I can't remember taking a shower from May to September when I was a kid. Hell, I was in the pool every day, multiple times a day. Now I only shower when the cats hiss at my slippers...evidently mama's feet are starting to stink. The rest is all details. If you want to waste soap, water, shampoo, conditioner every day, have at it...I prefer to be thrifty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I hope they don't punish the poor kid for the circumstances surrounding his birth with some unfortunate name. Ichabod Jabez or something like that (Ichabod means "the glory has departed" and Jabez can mean "sorrow" in case you were picturing some guy getting chased down by a headless horseman.)

I don’t think they’d do that, thankfully. I was thinking that if it was a girl, they’d use the middle name Hope, which is already Abigail’s middle name but the Maxwells have a tendency to reuse names (see Ruthanne Elizabeth and Elizabeth Grace).

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

There is not a Matthew amongst the Maxlings is there? Maybe a middle name? I think Christopher will approve a basic Bible name like Matthew, Caleb, Aaron, Thomas, Philip. 

I am glad the baby is here and doing well.  I think Anna Marie must feel like she is now starting the fight of her life.  Giving birth was the last “routine” thing she’ll do for quite some time. The stress must be overwhelming and I do feel for her. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

36 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

There is not a Matthew amongst the Maxlings is there? Maybe a middle name? I think Christopher will approve a basic Bible name like Matthew, Caleb, Aaron, Thomas, Philip. 

They really have their pick of standard biblical names. Nathan has Andrew and Benjamin, Christopher already has Joshua and Daniel, and the other brothers didn't even go with biblical names for their sons (Joseph has Kyle and John has Axton.) It could be literally any book of the New Testament and not replicate much of anything - not that they're afraid to repeat names.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don’t think they’d do that, thankfully. I was thinking that if it was a girl, they’d use the middle name Hope, which is already Abigail’s middle name but the Maxwells have a tendency to reuse names (see Ruthanne Elizabeth and Elizabeth Grace).

Shame it's not a girl, they could have gone full circle with a little Grace Ruthanne. And saved themselves their scheduled 15 minutes to discuss names. 

My bet is one David for this one. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

Probably not Adam.  That's a very firstborn son's name.

Adam is my youngest brother's name and he's the fifth child ... or seventh if you count my mother's two SEVERE miscarriages. (Wrong thread, I know ... it's Jill Rodriques (with an 's') who has the severe miscarriages.)

Edited by courtlylove
to fix typos
  • Upvote 5

Wed is Roe v Wade.  Who wants to bet Poor Sarah writes a post linking Amish Anna to Roe v Wade and how she chose life and she wants to take that choice away from other women.  I'll bet she'll even announce Baby Boy's name that day.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic