IGNORED

Anna Marie has Breast Cancer

deborahlynn1979

The family just posted that Anna Marie has breast cancer and will have to be induced as soon as possible to have surgery. I feel awful for them. My cousin had a very aggressive form of breast cancer and died less than a year later at 44.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 38
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Regardless of what we feel about their individual beliefs, no one deserves to have this diagnosis at such a young age.  I can imagine this will have a huge impact on the entire family.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 28
  • Love 1

I’m just glad she’s far enough along to be induced so she can get started on treatment! I guess that’s one thing to be thankful for in this situation. I hope they are early in their detection.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

Oh, this is terrible. From the wording it sounds like it was possibly caught early?

I am really glad the Maxwells are not anti-modern medicine and from the sounds of it will be pursuing the proper medical treatment immediately. I really hope this all turns out okay. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

I feel horrible for her. A close friend had the exact same situation happen to her. Thankfully, it was near the end of her pregnancy and she did not need to be induced, but it was a whirlwind after. She was not able to breastfeed (which she wanted) and had to spend time apart from the baby for surgery and radiation (I believe no chemo was needed). While cancer is never good news at any stage in life, her hormones were just so crazy at of whack it was a very hard time for her. I hope Anna Marie has good care and the end results are good for her.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Oh, how awful! I really, really hope they can treat it successfully. She doesn’t deserve this, regardless of beliefs. ?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Oh, this is terrible. From the wording it sounds like it was possibly caught early?

I am really glad the Maxwells are not anti-modern medicine and from the sounds of it will be pursuing the proper medical treatment immediately. I really hope this all turns out okay. 

Yes, at least they have been aware of it for some time now and have been monitoring it.

Breast cancer is just so terrifying. My cousin, who I mentioned above, had hers caught at stage 1, went into remission, and then it came back literally months later at stage 4. Absolutely horrifying for anyone. I wonder if anyone else in her family has it? My cousin is the only person in my very large family to have ever had it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 12

How very sad. I'm so glad they were able to catch it and the Maxwells are willing to follow medical advice. I really hope that she will be okay. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

This is awful. My auntie was diagnosed with breast cancer in her early 30s back in the mid 90s. My cousin was just born and she was breastfeeding. The doctors kept telling her not to worry about the lumps she was finding because of that. This led to her being diagnosed after the cancer had spread. She fought it, went into remission but it came back and she died before she was 40. I'd never wish this on anyone.

I wonder if Anne Marie will get the treatment she needs using only Scamatarian.... I hope this isnt the case, but I remember our mountain town at the time had no oncology so my auntie had to quit her job and move over a hundred miles to Denver. This lag led to her cancer growing even more aggressive. The last thing Anne Marie needs is pseudo "insurance" preventing her from getting the best care possible.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 13
  • I Agree 6

I hope her treatment goes well, that must be so terrifying! I'm glad it seems it was caught early, and that they're willing to have an induction to start her treatment quickly. This is one situation where I am glad the Maxwells live so close, she's going to need lots of help, I'd expect. I'm hoping for the best for her. 

9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I am really glad the Maxwells are not anti-modern medicine* and from the sounds of it will be pursuing the proper medical treatment immediately. I really hope this all turns out okay. 

*Except when it comes to mental health, apparently. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I hope and pray all goes well for her. This is terrible news and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, no matter how much I disagree with their lifestyle or beliefs. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Awful news regardless of their beliefs. I hope all turns out as well as possible, of course, but I have a horrible feeling that they might not seek any treatment that might jeopardise NRA-Anna's ability to have future children, even if such treatment would save her life. I seem to recall a post on the Maxwell blog (or was it a reply to a comment on their blog?) a few years ago where they praised the decision of a woman in Europe who died after refusing chemo on the grounds that it would make her infertile, even though her death left her existing children motherless.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Awful news regardless of their beliefs. I hope all turns out as well as possible, of course, but I have a horrible feeling that they might not seek any treatment that might jeopardise NRA-Anna's ability to have future children, even if such treatment would save her life. I seem to recall a post on the Maxwell blog (or was it a reply to a comment on their blog?) a few years ago where they praised the decision of a woman in Europe who died after refusing chemo on the grounds that it would make her infertile, even though her death left her existing children motherless.

I’m wondering this very thing. Time will tell. Hopefully she does well and takes the doctors’ advice if it’s “never get pregnant again.”

Edited by Giraffe
Riffle
  • Upvote 14

How awful.  She must be so scared...I can't imagine what she and Christopher and the kids are going through.  Praying they get it all and she makes a full recovery.  

• Upvote 15

How awful. With being 36 weeks along, hopefully there aren't too many complications for the baby. Hopefully they caught it early enough that she'll be able to recover. It would be so terrible if those young kids were left without a mother.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I truly feel for her.  There is never a good time to be diagnosed with any type of cancer, but during pregnancy and with a growing family to care for, this has to be a hard blow for them.  I  just finished 3 weeks of radiation treatment after a DCIS diagnosis and lumpectomy in November and was under orders to limit lifting and carrying for 6 weeks to avoid complications. I assume Anna Marie's restrictions will be similar following surgery,   She's going to need lots of help at home for months while she goes through follow up care.  It will be interesting to know how well Samaritan will cover what is going to be very costly care.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 31

I really do hope things turn out okay for Anna Marie. Unfortunately, some fundies have a tendency not to take doctors advice in terms of child bearing. Chelsy (Bontrager) Maxwell has shared her grandmother was told not to continue on having children by a doctor. Then again there is Alyssa (Bates) Webster who seems to have put having more children on hold until they find a way to help out her heart problems.

Knowing Anna Marie and Christopher they will avoid the doctors orders and continue having children after this one. I really hope that doesn't happen. But, time will tell especially if the cancer is more aggressive. I just hope that Anna Marie comes out okay from this. Also, that Christopher puts the breaks on having more children after this one until she is able to fully recover from the surgery.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I was thinking about this because both of my friends diagnosed with breast cancer were later met with choices about future risks, one ended up with the removal of her ovaries and the other a hysterectomy and removal of her ovaries. I wonder if they will fo the testing or look at future risks, or just treat this and hope for the best? How sad to have the end of your pregnancy met with such a hard challenge :(

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, zee_four said:

This is awful. My auntie was diagnosed with breast cancer in her early 30s back in the mid 90s. My cousin was just born and she was breastfeeding. The doctors kept telling her not to worry about the lumps she was finding because of that. This led to her being diagnosed after the cancer had spread. She fought it, went into remission but it came back and she died before she was 40. I'd never wish this on anyone.

I wonder if Anne Marie will get the treatment she needs using only Scamatarian.... I hope this isnt the case, but I remember our mountain town at the time had no oncology so my auntie had to quit her job and move over a hundred miles to Denver. This lag led to her cancer growing even more aggressive. The last thing Anne Marie needs is pseudo "insurance" preventing her from getting the best care possible.

I have no idea if this applies to her situation or whether they apply for it at all (not American I have no idea how this works) but there has been some healthcare news from Kansas

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kansas-governor-top-republican-reach-deal-expand-medicaid-n1113071

I hope she gets better soon

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 5

She's so young! I have no words. I hope she can overcome the cancer and live a long life with all her children.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, seraaa said:

I have no idea if this applies to her situation or whether they apply for it at all but there has been some healthcare news from Kansas

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kansas-governor-top-republican-reach-deal-expand-medicaid-n1113071

While that's a great thing to hear, I highly doubt that applies to any of the Maxwells. Gigi, Terri and Stevehova who are or will be all over 65 currently, have no choice but to participate in Medicare. That's the program for seniors.

Medicaid on the other hand, is for low income and or disabled individuals and it's not a required program. Even if you're eligible you have to choose to apply. The income levels are low, but go up depending on children. For single people is less than $400 a month before taxes in Utah, $1300 in Colorado. For pregnant women its $1300 a month in Utah, more in Colorado. I'm not familiar with the guidelines for other states but I would imagine Kansas would be really low too.

The Maxwells are vocal supported for the Christian "health sharing plan" (more like scam) Samaritan. You pay each month then have to submit each and every health care bill or need to them who then send it out to members who then contribute if "their hearts are called toward it". So you pay to have your entire health coverage at mercy of others who pay and then are responsible for paying for your needs, only if they feel like it 

Cancer treatment is outrageous expensive, plus having to induce the baby early and all those related needs. Samatarian is bad enough for prescriptions and other basic needs, I can't imagine hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses relying on it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, zee_four said:

The Maxwells are vocal supported for the Christian "health sharing plan" (more like scam) Samaritan. You pay each month then have to submit each and every health care bill or need to them who then send it out to members who then contribute if "their hearts are called toward it". So you pay to have your entire health coverage at mercy of others who pay and then are responsible for paying for your needs, only if they feel like it 

And from what I've read before anyone pays they person with the medical bills has to fight the hospital to get them to forgive as much as possible.  

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic