IGNORED

Dale Partridge is a plagiarizer

muggleborn

From the Christianity Today article linked above:  

The above sentiment about discouragement was borrowed nearly word-for-word from DesiringGod.org, a website founded by the widely read evangelical author and preacher John Piper. 

If this isn't perfect, I don't know what is.  And this?  This needs to be quoted beside the "bullshit" entry in the dictionary. 

Partridge also said that in his early 20s, he embraced something called “the uncopyright movement,” which put forth the idea that “all ideas are God’s ideas.” That belief, he said, also led him to be careless.

“That is to say, in my previous immaturity, I projected my personal perspective onto other people’s work and allowed a handful of unoriginal pieces of content (tweets, social media sentences, etc.) to be perceived as my own,” he said in an email. “It was wrong and I have repented of it.”

SRSLY, a "handful of unoriginal pieces of content to be perceived as my own"  when somebody set up a twitter account and posted all of his plagiarism from one year with correct attributions. 

Also, the usual: "I relentlessly and shamelessly ripped off intellectual property from everyone, I SAID I WAS SORRY and R.E.P.E.N.T.E.D, so fuck off and get over it." 

If someone with more energy and imagination could set substitute  Aretha Franklins R E S P E C T song with REPENT, I 'd be so grateful.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

https://medium.com/@againstplagiarism/dale-partridge-plagiarism-more-than-haunted-87e914cf4f12

And another article. Can't wait to hear about how he is being attacked.

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Thank you, I can't edit it and fix it for some reason. 

• Upvote 2

I mean this is just one of the horrible things he has done.

He's moving into the dangerous theological territory that God doles out suffering on purpose, to test how faithful we are. That is NOT New Testament theology. I'd love for him to explain how God purposely wants little children being raped or dying of cancer in order to test how faithful they are "through the storm." 

Even Jesus cried out for God when he felt he was forsaken on the cross. 

What BS. 

• Upvote 7

I can't get over the smugness of this guy on his blog.  And there a lot of gullible followers who seem to adore him.  I think they're in love with his look and his oh-so-perfect-family.  Shallow, shallow, shallow.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I never liked Dale Partridge and I am not at all surprised to hear he's kind of an asshole. Then I read this, 

“Church, it is not accepting or tolerant or understanding or compassionate,” Partridge wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post, “to hire a man to shepherd a flock of God’s people who is openly struggling with mental illness. It’s unbiblical, it’s reckless, it’s dangerous, and as we’re seeing, it’s an easy target for the enemy to reign down national tragedy on the church.”

Fuck you, Dale. What a horrible thing to say about a man who worked to prevent suicide because he understood what it was like to be suicidal. It was not enough and he sadly took his own life. How about instead of being a shaming POS, you see that more needs to be done to prevent this sort of tragedy? Saying that an instagram wasn't the best place to state your view doesn't change the fact that it's still your view. 

• Upvote 6

On 1/8/2020 at 7:44 AM, Howl said:

From the Christianity Today article linked above:  

The above sentiment about discouragement was borrowed nearly word-for-word from DesiringGod.org, a website founded by the widely read evangelical author and preacher John Piper. 

If this isn't perfect, I don't know what is

TOTALLY perfect. An asshole ripping off other assholes.

Hadn't heard of Partridge before now but OMG he's really terrible. Thinking that there's going to be an implosion -- say in the next few years.

• I Agree 2

On 1/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, kmachete14 said:

I mean this is just one of the horrible things he has done.

He's moving into the dangerous theological territory that God doles out suffering on purpose, to test how faithful we are. That is NOT New Testament theology. I'd love for him to explain how God purposely wants little children being raped or dying of cancer in order to test how faithful they are "through the storm." 

Even Jesus cried out for God when he felt he was forsaken on the cross. 

What BS. 

This is actually a fairly common theme among a number of evangelicals now of days . Here are some cases in point , if any of you can stomach it .  https://www.heavensinspirations.com/thankful-for-thorns.html  

• 2 months later...